Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

1 hour ago, Fortune86 said:

Oh dear 😧

We have a few repairs to do as well. Though no idea how to do the floorboards....

Floorboards are tricky. Most people I know hire someone for that, if they can.

Thanks, trystan. I had fun writing that one.

you're welcome!

so here's a funny story.  last night on another discord server for another clicky-critter game, someone had realised they completely forgot all about DC's eggs.  so i had two hatchies that i'd caught on xmas.  i took a deep breath, remembered that next year i could get another one of this year's, and offered them one of my hatchies.

"are you sure?" they asked.

i reminded them i could get one next year in the holiday biome... and sent them a transfer link.

i took the hatchie off my spreadsheet (yes, i have a spreadsheet.  i started it when the DataMonster started eating things.) but then i skipped many rows, and put the name back on the line where i have what type of dragon it is, and made the acquired date 12/25/20 - so that way when as i fill in my spreadsheet throughout 2020, i'll remember i still need one more from the holiday biome.

this morning on the DC discord chat, someone says there's new holiday eggs all over the AP!  so.... i snagged one, and now i have two holiday dragons from this year again! woo hoo!

19 minutes ago, trystan said:

you're welcome!

so here's a funny story.  last night on another discord server for another clicky-critter game, someone had realised they completely forgot all about DC's eggs.  so i had two hatchies that i'd caught on xmas.  i took a deep breath, remembered that next year i could get another one of this year's, and offered them one of my hatchies.

"are you sure?" they asked.

i reminded them i could get one next year in the holiday biome... and sent them a transfer link.

i took the hatchie off my spreadsheet (yes, i have a spreadsheet.  i started it when the DataMonster started eating things.) but then i skipped many rows, and put the name back on the line where i have what type of dragon it is, and made the acquired date 12/25/20 - so that way when as i fill in my spreadsheet throughout 2020, i'll remember i still need one more from the holiday biome.

this morning on the DC discord chat, someone says there's new holiday eggs all over the AP!  so.... i snagged one, and now i have two holiday dragons from this year again! woo hoo!

Happy ending! :)

Good deeds are often rewarded! Have a shortbread hippo.

Toppage, page 917! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

true true.  i'd also told the person i gave the hatchie to to pay it forward when they could.  :D

ooooh, shortbread hippo. yum.

Yay for the Christmas eggs and hatchies trystan! :D 

Funny description Lagie XD 

Last night I had a terrible dream...

I’m egglocked right now, and then I bred two dragons of mine and got a multiple egg batch. Of course, an egg was abandoned, but I didn’t know which one; my pure Dorsal eggie, my CB Dorse or my Christmas eggs, before I could I woke up. O.O

Eek! Glad that was just a dream, Swiftphoenix!

I've been binging the mana game today. XD

Morning peeps!

If I could stop falling off cliffs in Slime Rancher that would be great.

Good morning, Fortune! *hugs* Are you a gumdrop now?

Happy New Year, MP! Do you have plans for midnight?

It's passed midnight, I am in the new decade.

And nope, comforting my dog whos scared of fireworks.

Gah. I do have my time math miscslculated. Poor dog. :( My shop dog is going to be terrified tonight. Is the new decade any better yet?

Some things never change, right? I'm off to work for my last work day of the year.

*poofs in a cloud of brownies*

for me, it's just about noon, so i have (a) an hour left of work for this year and (b) just about 12 hours left of this year! :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Hope 2020 will be a good year!

Quiet night at home is the plan here. Will probably watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV and then head to bed. XD I think we have some sparkling apple juice to toast the new year. Wild and crazy!

52 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Quiet night at home is the plan here. Will probably watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV and then head to bed. XD I think we have some sparkling apple juice to toast the new year. Wild and crazy!

sounds just like my wild and crazy night!  add some pinot girigio and chocolate though.... XD 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Hope 2020 will be a good year!

1 hour ago, trystan said:

sounds just like my wild and crazy night!  add some pinot girigio and chocolate though.... XD 

White zinfandel down here! XD

I got paid for my two untaken vacation days (nice surprise), so I treated myself to some pineapple coconut fruit bars. They're not usually on my shopping list. Yummy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SOUTH AFRICA EVERYONE!

Hope we all are going to have an excellent year!

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I got paid for my two untaken vacation days (nice surprise), so I treated myself...

nice!! getting extra pay is always a plus in my book :) 

50 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SOUTH AFRICA EVERYONE!

Hope we all are going to have an excellent year!

Happy New Year! All the best for 2020!

Doctor who marathon is going strong.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Doctor who marathon is going strong.

new year's episode airs 6:55 p.m. GMT on BBC1 and 8 p.m. EST on BBCA.  i suspect i'll be watching it sometime after it airs in the UK, but before it airs here in the US (on account of the fact that we don't have BBCA....)

53 minutes ago, trystan said:

new year's episode airs 6:55 p.m. GMT on BBC1 and 8 p.m. EST on BBCA.  i suspect i'll be watching it sometime after it airs in the UK, but before it airs here in the US (on account of the fact that we don't have BBCA....)

Lucky! No spoilers, please. ;)

nope, no spoilers.  i already know the Doctor's in it.... and something about a TARDIS... LOL