Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Hey there MP!

Isn't it late afternoon by you already? Or do you work late?

Ah okay.

Do you have shifts?

Or is that set for the foreseeable future.

My set time is 1-9 Monday and Friday. Though I do extra shifts when they come in. Worked Sunday 9-5 two sundays ago, and gonna be working this Saturday 1-9. It’s good because of how much money I’ve spent on this pc of mine 😛

11 hours ago, trystan said:

that is oh-so-appropriate, too! :) 

edit: Z'ha'dum would have been perfect for a Z'dragon name too, @Lagie!

It would have! I tried to make that work yesterday but the gender wasn't right.

6 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@lagie: well, I guess that explains your reply in yum or yuck XP

Totally! :D

*sets out coffee and toast*

I go back home later today.

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@trystan: ah, okay, kewl. I'll check it out o3o

yaay! :D

59 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It would have! I tried to make that work yesterday but the gender wasn't right.

Z'ha'dum has a gender??

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

Z'ha'dum has a gender??

My lurkers are set up male/female, and the episode with Z'ha'dum needed a male and all my z's are female. :P

ah, gotcha... that makes sense.  patterns are a good thing.

at some point (not today), i ought to cave-stalk for a few more pink ones.  maybe once my current pink ones can influence again. XD

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Pinks are very handy to have!

yes... yes they are! :)

so, while i've finished my three stories, i'll probably go through them over the next day or so to see what i can add.  full discloure: i time-jumped a lot in the 3rd story... 2 years later, 2 years after that, blah blah...

but i'm calling it done. :) 

Congrats, trystan! :) Ahead of schedule even.

This is not a good weekend to have an aching back, but there you go. I can get to physio Mondays...

Ooh, thanks, MP. I'd forgotten about that. How is the smoke level today?

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Congrats, trystan! :) Ahead of schedule even.

thanks!

i do like to try to finish the whole thing before November 30, it keeps me accountable. otherwise, it would just draaaaag out. XD

Wow! I pulled this thread up from the second page! Where is everyone?

Maybe you all need sustenance?

*Lays out a spread of tea sandwiches, cookies, an assortment of teas and some apple juice.*

Instead of...?

I have finally managed to set an appointment with the MVA to present my "Real ID" documents! It has been a real hassle. The computer site to set up the appointment was a nightmare -- told me twice that I was not eligible to set up an appointment! And trying to call them was no better -- it kept cutting me off when I tried to input my driver's license number, which was required to try to get through to a real person. Finally I went back online, input exactly the same information as before and was allowed to set an appointment. I just hope they will accept the documents I have. I sent away to PA for a copy of my marriage license because all I had was a church-issued one which the MVA said was not acceptable. So what did I get back from PA? A copy of the document I already have, plus a copy of the application for said license. Huh? And it cost me $10!

LOL!

well it's november.  the first18 days i was writing, and not goofing off as much as i usually do XD

yikes!!  i've decided i'm not going to get a RealID.  i don't plan on flying anywhere. and whenever i get a jury duty summons, i just tell them it's me and my boss and i'm needed at the office every day.  (it's the truth, actually.)

What's a Real ID?

That paperwork nightmare sounds like what people here experience when they try to get or renew passports. 'We need your great-grammy's birth certificate and two people older than her who can vouch for you.' I'm not even sure how I managed to get my driver's licence when I did because people who went before me AND people who went after me have been waiting for weeks because they ran out of plastic cards on which to print them.

Real ID is a pain in the neck!

From the Department of Homeland Security website:

Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act enacted the 9/11 Commission's recommendation that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for official purposes licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards.  These purposes are:

• Accessing Federal facilities
  • Boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft
  • Entering nuclear power plants

The problem in Maryland is that the MVA was issuing licenses that looked like they were Real ID compliant (They have a star on them) to everyone who renewed their license, but not checking the required documents. Everyone who got one of those licenses has to go to the MVA and present the proper documents. Now they are recalling those licenses on a schedule of rolling deadlines, SO if a police officer stops me any time after Dec.12 and I don't have the proper one, he can confiscate my license!

Edited by purplehaze