Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

aww, well, maybe sometime soon!

so has Dorian passed you yet then?  a friend of mine works/lives in Plantation, FL.... i think he's in direct line of Dorian.  eek!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

aww, well, maybe sometime soon!

so has Dorian passed you yet then?  a friend of mine works/lives in Plantation, FL.... i think he's in direct line of Dorian.  eek!

No. Still a day off.

We are now in the 60 - 70 mph winds zone.

Hi, Fortune!

*sets out coffee and toast*

Very! And you'd never know it here from our 'calm before the storm' weather.

I have just had a couple of squares of the most awesomely decadent dark chocolate with raspberry. *sits back and savours the afterflavour* Mmmmmm.

Hi!

Stay safe, Lagie!

Looking forward to this evening. I will visit my sister and her husband. Not sure who is also invited.

Will try to, Tigerkralle! Enjoy your evening!

Edited by Lagie

yes, the  'calm before the storm'  can be quite misleading.

hubby and i had dinner with my mom and some of her friends tonight.  was a very good dinner :) 

It's now a definite category 4!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner! I am going out tomorrow night to one of my volunteer's houses with her and her hubby for spaghetti bolognese.

Stay safe, Lagie.

I had some really weird dreams last night... like one where TJ dug up some posts I made many years ago and decided to ban me now for things I said back then... and then he forbade me from using certain emojis but then I could buy them back from an on-site store for 8 dollars each. :blink: And in another dream bit TJ posted a thread in the suggestions section asking our opinions about his plans to release two new tiers of Prizes -- a diamond Prize and a... pink Prize? And then in yet another dream that I just woke up from, I won a gold Tinsel. I was so disappointed when I realized it wasn't actually real and I promptly woke up.

Edited by Sazandora

Ooh, DC dreams! Those sound particularly vivid and detailed. Sorry the prize wasn't real. *goes to check her raffle status* Nope. No win for me this month.

Hmm. Dorian seems to be slowing. Not in actual storm speed; it's still a Cat 4, but in forward motion which gives it time to strengthen (snd delays the wind arrival to sometime Sunday now instead of this evening).

I am disappointed. People just did not show up although they signed up to show up. Okay you can forget about if you sign up too early but so i showed up for nothing basically.

Okay i try to get a bit of sleep and take a nap. And then driving for a few hours on a hot day... I can't drive but i will be sitting in that car...

That does not sound good Lagie. We all hope to hear from you and all the people living at that moment in the area which can be hit by that storm after Dorian is gone.

I know that feeling, Tigerkralle. Plenty of times I've set up a meeting with an old friend of mine and I go to this place where we promised to meet, and she just never shows up. I try to call her and she's turned her phone off and she never calls me back. It's beyond frustrating. <_<

I really don't want to sound like bragging, but part of that dream did actually come true. Goodness... I've been waiting for this moment for so freaking long. Ever since the raffles first started I've been dreaming and dreaming and dreaming about winning someday. And now that moment is finally here... so many years later. I don't know what to think or how to feel.

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

I know that feeling, Tigerkralle. Plenty of times I've set up a meeting with an old friend of mine and I go to this place where we promised to meet, and she just never shows up. I try to call her and she's turned her phone off and she never calls me back. It's beyond frustrating. <_<

I really don't want to sound like bragging, but part of that dream did actually come true. Goodness... I've been waiting for this moment for so freaking long. Ever since the raffles first started I've been dreaming and dreaming and dreaming about winning someday. And now that moment is finally here... so many years later. I don't know what to think or how to feel.

Ooh, congrats on the win! :D That's a good thing to wake up! (Mine was an April Fool's Day one. XD )

Unreliable friends are horrible, and sooooo disappointing.

2 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

I am disappointed. People just did not show up although they signed up to show up. Okay you can forget about if you sign up too early but so i showed up for nothing basically.

i understand that too, when my daughters were much younger and we would have their birthday party - once we tried at a fast food restaurant... and there'd be a few people who would RSVP, but then like one person would show up.  after that we just had parties at the house, and planned for however many we invited but only expected 1 or 2.  it's not they best way to plan any kind of get-together though. :( 

*hugs to you*

and *hugs to lagie* we still have that extra bedroom....

Not really friends but people who said to come to be players in a pen and paper session and i was the game master... Not enough people showed up.

Oh, that's kind of like getting volunteers to show up (though not my shop ones, who are all awesome and pretty much always show up or at least notify me when they're not going to).

Where have all the posters gone... ?

We are getting the occasional squall here but not much so far other than that.

20190901_112935.thumb.jpg.ab4fbf6478b6c755fc60331a6a3b7146.jpg

Edited by Lagie

Stay safe and healthy.

Wow a realease and i am nearly live there when it happened.

What part of the Bahamas do you live in, Lagie? It looks like the main part of the storm is going toward the northern part.

I am in Nassau, about 150 miles south of the storm.

Outer bands have brought heavy rain and a thunderstorm. And my roof leaks... (but I only just found that out!).

But... I am still 1000x better off than Abaco which has been demolished by Dorian and Grand Bahama is next. :(

20190901_214102.jpg

So sad for the areas that are being impacted. They say this may be the strongest Atlantic storm ever. :( Glad to hear that you are safe -- even if wet.