20190825_215842_001.jpg

Taj toppage, page 815! XD

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

Hey there MP!

Not to much. Just wish I could go back to bed

How are you?

I'm alright.

I have determined that getting a dating app will not immediately allow me to get a gf like i'd hoped :P

Hehe I know the feeling MP!

I've had my fair share with apps like that

Don't worry MP!

I'm 32 and I'm still having troubles with even just starting a conversation.

But eventually you will just click with a person. Just don't be to hasty or push yourself in a situation that you are not sure of.

I have someone I like, just have absolutely zero idea how to try ask for a transition from friend to dating. Also I have no idea how her mind works... like when people joke about guys not understanding girls, she's the definition 😐

Maybe if I get a job i'll have a chance to meet someone.

Good advice, only issue is sometimes I can be too slow...

Also have you noticed that the forums seem quite slow?

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

We don't even know how our minds works XD

To be honest I don't know how that transition works either or how it happens.

I've only been serious with someone once and I'm still not sure how that happened.

I thought I had a really good thing going with the girl up in cairns but... distance meant it didn't work out (hoping she'll come to brisbane sometime since we do still keep in touch)

Girls spirit... amiright :D

Dating... oh boy. I've never had to do any of that as I'm just not really interested in having a romantic relationship with anyone, I like my freedom too much. :D Life gets lonely sometimes, but that's what friends are for.

Maybe but the thing is friends eventually move on and the do their own thing.

This has happened many times with me sadly. Especially when they start dating.

MP I hear you XD

I only see my friends when I go to uni.

Of my school friends I only really have 1 maybe 2 who I still see on a semi-regular basis.

Spirit's right they often move away... but usually a partner doesn't.

My best friend here has stopped doing stuff with me, like going to the movies or going to the markets because of her boyfriend.

It really hurts.

And then she says she misses me. But every time I'm trying to make a plan she tells me she can't.

To be honest I like my independent life at the moment but it does get very lonely.

And if I wanted to be more honest I really want to experience the same bond I had with the guy I dated back in the day.

Yeah... I sometimes just wish I never experienced it. Cause now I know what if feels like. Would have been better if I never knew.

4 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Also have you noticed that the forums seem quite slow?

And here I thought it was my phone. Good to know it's not me!

3 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

My best friend here has stopped doing stuff with me, like going to the movies or going to the markets because of her boyfriend.

It really hurts.

And then she says she misses me. But every time I'm trying to make a plan she tells me she can't.

That sucks. It's amazing how people do that to their 'friends'. Crazy thing is that often our friendships last longer than our relationships, and your friends who were awol want you to be there to console them when thevrelationship falls apart, having ignored you the entire time they were in it.

when hubby and i were in college, he had a number of people who would be friendly and all when things were going well.  if he had a problem or an issue he'd want to discuss with someone he thought was a friend, the rest of them would scurry away.  i was the one who was there for good and bad. and i still am, actually. :)

Yeah, two of my oldest childhood friends dropped all contact with me once I moved out of my hometown. But at least I still have two other friends who refuse to NOT stay in contact with me at all times. :D Sure, maybe they too will move on with life and leave me behind just like everyone else, but... romance just isn't my thing. Plus I'm a huge introvert so having someone around 24/7 would get exhausting in no time. I have far too many issues with my mental health and personal life that anyone would even want to be in a relationship with me.

the funny thing is hubby labeled himself an introvert a number of years ago,  and he has issues that he'd never admit to (passive aggressiveness and transference of behaviors)... but a few years ago he did chip away at his introvert bubble a little bit.  he doesn't like being put in situations where there's too many people he thinks he won't have anything in common with (as a result when i get invited to a meal event or get-together with people from my knit-n-crochet group, and i'm told bring your hubby - i just tell him i'm going, because he won't go anyway.

Well, good for him. :) I've always been the shy and quiet girl hiding in the corner doing my own thing. I can manage being social for a while, but I always feel exhausted afterwards and just want everyone to leave me alone for the rest of the day. Or if I have several days in a row where I have to go somewhere to meet someone or something like that, it tends to get even more exhausting and every morning I just want to cancel everything and lay in bed all day. But... everyone's different. My brother is just like me in this. :D

Funny... my mom just called me yesterday telling me that she had a horrible nightmare about a former friend of mine, and today I had a dream about that friend as well.