Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Wow, the world sure feels tiny at times. :D About the only way I could actually check on my friend is to see if I could find her Facebook page, but that's probably not all that reliable, from what I remember she never was particularly active in Facebook.

Lagie - that's so weird about your friend too!

Saz - wow.  beyond "crazy random happenstance," i don't really have any deep insights.  just to clarify, you had the dream, but then your mom called you about her dream, which she'd had the day before yours? that IS interesting.

i had a friend, we were actually roommates in college, and that's part of what caused us to not be friends anymore.  i do often wonder if that year in college i hadn't been her roommate.  when we started school that year (my sophomore, her freshman), we had different roommates.  and then randomly her roommate became best friends with my roommate, so when it was roommate change period, they asked if they could be roommates, and i'd room with the other girl - and that was when i learned that her roommate was my friend.  we had other ups and downs throughout college and i do wonder what she's up to now.  i did find an address for her, and i wrote maybe 15 years ago but never heard back. eh *shrugs* her loss.

Best way to look at it, trystan. Life's easier that way.

yeah, i look at a lot of things that way.  i'm definitely an optimist.

or the weirdo that looks at the glass that's at the halfway mark with water, and say it's ALL full - 1/2 liquid, 1/2 gas, so... XD 

Good morning peeps!

Started playing Control last night. A lot of fun, though the first boss took five attempts to beat lol. 

What's the gameplay like? I'd heard decent things but nothing since it came out.

Hey MP.

It's pretty good. I haven't got very far though as I've been exploring everywhere for collectibles and extra lore. 

Shooting is pretty standard but the Telekinesis power is fun. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out assorted cereals*

We had a serious thunderstorm last night. The dogs here were not happy. But this morning we have bright sun again. I hope it stays for a while.

Lagie, you're not in Dorian's path, are you? if so, maybe it's time for a return visit to Canada? (or, y'know, anywhere else!)

Trystan -- it actually went the other way around, sorry if I didn't say it clearly enough. :blush: My mother called me first, and then in the next night I had that strange dream of mine.

Dreams sure are weird sometimes. I've had my share of pretty crazy dreams in the past, like this one time I was one of my OCs from my RP sessions with my friends, and I was trying to drown a bear in a lake with Goku from Dragon Ball for seemingly no reason. Or this one dream a friend from school told me about, our whole class (plus a musician my schoolmate had a crush on) got caught in a zombie apocalypse and we had to fight off the undead with nothing but baseball bats.

I wish we had a good thunderstorm here, too. The weather is warming right back up again, just when I hoped this summer's heat waves were over...

Posted (edited)

actually, that's the order i thought it went in, Saz.  maybe your mom mentioning her dream got your friend on your brain, which is why you had your dream?

most times when i remember my dreams, it's only a feeling about it, which is usually "that was a weird dream" - but no details of why it was weird.  every so often i remember a short little scene, and then it'll turn into something i end up writing for NaNo.

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post

Yeah, I get a lot of story ideas from my dreams. Like this one time I had a dream that was like a movie, it was a really film noir-esque setting with a crime-ridden city but it's full of werewolves and other manbeasts and huge brawls between them erupt every night and that's why the city is so run-down and miserable. I told a friend I RP with about it and he thought that sounded so cool, we had to make it a thing in our stories. :D

It really must've been my mother who brought that former friend of mine back into my mind, yeah. I hadn't really thought about her in ages now. I really hope it was all just dreams being random and that she's alright.

some of my random dream scenes also ended up in my fanfic.... when the voices were talking to me about that.

so from our convo on here the other day, i looked up my former roommate - seems she has an online media business - graphics, proofreading, typesetting, that sort of thing.  and if the pic on the site is current, she hasn't changed a bit. but the weird thing was i found a website that seems to assign a ranking to you and is scarily Big Brother-like with who it tells you you know and are connected to - but it said my former roommate was single, but the guy i know she married was listed as married -- but didn't say to who.  and again, if the pic on the website is recent, i'm pretty sure the guy in the pic was him too.  but they were wearing costumes; hard to tell.

7 hours ago, trystan said:

Lagie, you're not in Dorian's path, are you? if so, maybe it's time for a return visit to Canada? (or, y'know, anywhere else!)

Dorian will give us winds of 40 - 50 mph by Friday evening at least, possibly more if it doesn't keep veering right, and we're in the bottom left which is usually the 'messy' area of a storm. Fingers crossed. I have been prepping the outside of my shop, have to remember to prep my own home!

oh eww... that doesn't sound pleasant.  yes, prep your own home too!!

Will do! I'm hoping it continues to veer.

i'm hoping it turns into what they call a "fish storm"

pretty much when the storm/hurricane is over just water and doesn't affect land

Posted (edited)

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

How are you?

Edited by DragonSpirit009

SPIRIT!

*huggles and clings to for comfort*

Spirit my new game is scaring me. D:

Why?

What's happening?

You losing control?

*snickers in the distance*

Ahahahaha :dry: XD

Fighting the enemies is fine. It's pretty fun to smack someone to death with a filing cabinet.

It's the creepy whispering and jump scares. I spend a lot of time hiding behind corners.