SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“You’re welcome,” Cody said in reply before he was gently hugged and then kissed deeply. He hugged and kissed him back, kissing him just as deeply as the other did him before he pulled away. “Thanks I try and alright,” he said in reply to his other couple of statements before watching him get out a tin of cream before the rest of what he said which was accompanied by a grumble from the mother dragon. “I’ll always worry but now that I know that it was you carrying your cauldron around, I feel better. Oh um thanks and yes that’s right,” he said in reply a bit shyly before watching the dragon let out some fire in order to warm her eggs.

He then looked a bit surprised as well at the change of subject that Avery did but then it faded some afterward, understanding a bit at what he was doing which was being kind.

He waited a few minutes or so to see what the dragon would say and how she’d react to Ave’s request. He then smiled a bit when she saw her menacing-like smile before hearing what her name was but waited until his boyfriend responded before saying, “Nice to meet you.” He then nodded when he heard what the latter said to him before taking off his shirt so that he could take care of his bruises.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery flushed seeing him shirtless for the first time. He was still for a moment, then it seemed to register that- among the muscle- dark yellow purple bruises where beginning to form around him. Avery pulled the lid off the tin, scooped some cream on his fingers and, after a moment hesitating, started to gently rub the cream in on Cody's side murmmering spells under his breath.

A soft gold glow warmed the spot the cream touched and the darkened skin started to turn normal. He worked until a spot was clear then slowly moved to the next area, his own cheeks darkening when he got to chest and stomach having gone from behind to do the front last. 

Cody smiled a bit shyly when he noticed Avery flush at him being shirtless and possibly seeing him like that for the first time which was true. He’d never been shirtless in front of the former before just then. He waited for a bit for him to start putting the cream on his bruises and when he did, he enjoyed feeling the softness his hands brought to his skin. He shivered slightly at the feeling before looking at his side to see that the bruises that had been there before were now gone. He had heard him murmuring stuff earlier while applying the cream and wondered if that was for helping them heal.

When he appeared before him and saw his slightly darkened cheeks, he brushed a gentle thumb over one of them before pulling it away again so as not to distract him so that he could work on healing the rest of his bruises. “You have very soft and gentle hands,” he said after a few minutes and then fell silent again afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

The dragon, thankfully said nothing, curling around her eggs so they had some privacy however she might have not been there at all in Avery's mind at the moment. He was scarlet and his mind was completely occupied with thoughts of Cody. And not all where entirely lady-like. 

"Oh..uh... T-thank you. Y.. your soft too-" he shook his head, hand still on Cody's chest feeling small scars from training although the bruises where completely healed now. "Soft skin, not muscle. Um.... Any cracked bones would be healed too so you shouldn't have abbs- as - sore." He stameres. 

“Oh um thank you,” Cody said in reply with red cheeks of his own when he heard what Avery said about him (Cody) being soft as well before hearing everything else he said and while still feeling his fingers on his chest. “Thank you for healing my bruises and I’m sure they'll be less sore now,” he said in reply to the former’s stammering. He then took hold of his shirt again and started to put it back on.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery made a soft sound of objection when the shirt was being pulled back on but he let it go and looked at his shoes. "So... Star.... Can I leave now?" He asked softly. 

The dragon shook her head. "I will let you contact your master mage and let them know that you are safe, however you will need to stay here for a day and a half for me to hunt." She informed them both. 

“I sleep with my shirt off sometimes so you can see it back at the warehouse,” Cody said softly in his ear after he heard the soft sound of objection he made before he asked Star what he did. He heard what the dragon’s response was but didn’t give any indication that he had heard it. He looked at Ave to translate what she said although he knew what she said but didn’t want her to know or she wouldn’t like him very much.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery flushed pink when Cody whispered to him and giggled gittily  at the thought. He cleared his throat and squeeked first then coughed and spoke again. "Um, She.... She said that she still needs to hunt today so she'll inform master that I am safe but we'll need to stay to protect the eggs for a day and a half  before we head back. " He said as his stomach growled loudly making the dragon chuckle as she dropped a basket of bread and salted meat by the bed then the camel that was Cody's ride there beside them, alive although startled from being picked up by a dragon. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Cody hid a small smile when he saw Ave’s flush and heard the squeak he made shortly after clearing his throat, thinking it was cute. He then nodded when he heard what he said about what Star had said earlier and then nodded again but this time as thanks to the latter for bringing them food, reaching for some bread before seeing the camel be placed near them and then nodding again in thanks before starting to eat the bread.

Avery dug into the bread and meat. When the dragon was gone he threw a roll at Cody. "Don't tease me like that I'm already having unladylike thoughts! " He huffed. 

Cody caught the roll that was thrown at him before listening to what Avery said afterward. “I wasn’t teasing. It’s true that I do that sometimes and you can see me like that. You’re not a lady, though but I’m sorry for giving you those thoughts all the same,” he said in reply before taking a bite out of the roll.

Avery was quiet for a while before grabbing his (Cody) shirt and pulling him closer to him and kissing him deeply with serious passion. He let go when they were both breathless and moved twords the eggs forming a ball of flame and throwing it on the coals. "You're right I'm not a lady.  I forget that at times. " He said softly watching the flames. "I should be myself when it's just us."

Cody made a surprised sound when his shirt was grabbed close by Avery and he was kissed deeply with passion. He kissed him back just as deeply and with the same amount of passion, or tried to, until they were both breathless and he pulled away. “You can be whatever you want to be when it’s just the two of us. I’m sorry for pointing that out,” he said in reply as he watched the former start keeping the eggs warm again.

"No. Don't be sorry. In some ways I'm jealous of my sister. She can be who she wants and isn't afraid to be who she is. I had a friend like me when I was young. He was very poor, but worked on the docks. We kept our friendship a secret, not even sis knew. He came out as gay when he was ten..... He was beaten up so badly that he eventually died from his injuries. That kind of thing scars you. The worst part was, nobody batted an eye. The people where never caught, his parents just left his body at the hospital... And although my dad knows I'm with you and I'm gay too, I'm accepted for some reason? Is it just because of my father's and sister's status that people are afraid of calling me queer? Of retaliation for their actions? How come I'm accepted among those who care for me where as Joan got the stuffing knocked out of him I some dingy dock alley by the very people who said they loved him? I'm just too damn afraid to be myself; liking to cross dress, being in love, learning magic and enjoying needlepoint with Mom while watching sis Gramps and dad duke it out on the back lawn. " He called another fire ball. "And I feel so damned ashamed of myself for even thinking about being afraid of people turning on me now I got power that makes me feel strong in more ways then just mussle mass and I shouldn't be afraid but I am!" He shouted throwing his fists at the ground and bright white hot flame engulfed him and the nest before dieing down as he took deep breaths to calm down. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Cody nodded and then listened sadly to everything that Avery said before jumping slightly in surprise when he suddenly threw his fists at the ground and then a bright hot white flame engulfed both him and the eggs afterward. When the flame went out and he was trying to calm himself down he put his hand on his shoulder before saying, “Okay and I’m sorry that happened to your friend. Alex was probably nervous if not scared during our knight training due to not being discovered of her actual gender before Zane discovered it. Maybe she and your dad are just more approving of your true self than others. You also don’t know; maybe more people will be okay with what you actually are after you come out. There’s nothing wrong with what you are and it’s also okay to be afraid.”

With surprising amount of strength he pulled Cody down so they where sitting side by side and he crawled into Cody's lap. 

"Now that you mention it..... Alex was scared. Dad was angry with us when he found out about our switch then got scared again with Zane's dad after her. She'd proven her strength before she came out and reviled her gender... Well she had proven it before she was forced from hiding that is. I have yet to prove mine. I'll come out when I start learning attack spells and change my familiar-"

Isabo cried. "Am I not going to stay with you? But I want to see baby grow up!" She trilled softly. 

Avery smiled. "Not the whole time. You'll still have a connection, like the Camel Oodeb has a connection with Delu but it's faint. Once I get my magical familiar I'm a full fledged mage I wonder what it would be.... It's usually a creature that represents you the most. I don't know what that would be but when it comes to that it'll be fascinating to find out. "

“I remember a letter she had gotten from him but Zane had lied about it, saying that it was in regards to her/him having another sister named Alexandra who had run away. I had never actually gotten the real explanation for what was in the letter but now I know I guess. She had every right to be afraid of him. He was a real bully against women in general but I’m still not completely sure why he was fixated on her. Maybe it was because she had beat Zane in the competition and he wanted her out of training? Not really sure and I don’t want to ask him (Zane) about it because it’ll make him upset. She’s a strong woman and I’m sure you’ll find yours soon. Sounds good,” Cody said in reply to everything he said including his trailed off statement while holding him close and then hearing what Isabo said after she cried for he was still wearing the talisman Sir Delu had given to him.

“Maybe Alex can handle her and would she not be able to have a familiar due to her not really practicing magic and hadn’t summoned her in the first place? That would be cool and I can’t wait to see what it would be either. I bet that would be really fun to figure out; what represents you the most, I mean.”

"No, she won't be able to take her. Like I said, isabo will still be my familiar but won't need to be within a few miles of me. She is basically free and I will only need her for spells of a more complex nature that require all four familiars to cast." He said tapping the skull under Cody's shirt. "Delu was wise telling you to not speak like you know what star was saying.  "

“Oh okay. Will she be able to stay at Alex and Zane’s until you need her? She won’t be Alex’s familiar but she’ll still be able to look after Bunny a bit,” Cody said in reply before feeling him tap the talisman under his shirt and heard what he said afterward. “Oh? Why is that?” he asked in reply as he twirled a strand of his hair between his fore and thumb fingers.

"She checked me for a talisman and saw I had no chest and started calling me a twin soul. She said the last so called mage woman they brought to her wasn't a mage, just a potions dealer who wore this charm to speak to animals so she looked like a mage. That was her." He said pointing to a blacked spot by the wall with the outline of the woman on her knees in fear. 

“Oh. What’s a twin soul? Poor woman and I’m glad that I kept this talisman hidden,” he said and asked before looking towards where Avery indicated where the so called mage once stood. “Oh dear. I’m definitely glad she didn’t find it on me, then.”

Edited by SkySong278

"I don't know, I asked her but she didn't answer me. A girl's soul in a males body maybe? Not sure. Yeah, I.... I wouldn't know what to do if I lost you... You're everything to me..." He said softly hugging Cody tightly. 

“Oh okay. She said the same thing about me, which was interesting. Me neither and I feel the same way love,” he said in reply before holding him close to him while also hugging him.

He ate another bread roll and cast fire on the eggs. "No, she called you Knight, not twin soul. That should be good enough for the next couple hours. We have a day and a half to burn until she returns from the hunt. " He said head on Cody's chest with a yawn. 

“Oh well I think she also said I had a twin soul which was interesting. Okay so what should we do now?” he said and asked in reply after also eating another bread roll. “We can sleep or talk a bit more.”