SkySong278

A Knight's Story

Alex got back from her short walk just as the portal from the rift stone opened. Her mood immediately brightened when she saw Zane come through it along with him punching the other Zane shortly afterward. She then smiled brightly to share her mood when he ran towards her, wanting to say something but wasn’t able to as he immediately started kissing her deeply. She kissed him back just as deeply as he did her while wrapping her arms around his neck, not caring that there were other people around at the moment.

Alivia rushed towards Edward when she noticed him clutching his stomach before asking with concern in her voice and also showing on her face, “Are you okay?”

When present Cody and the other Cody switched places, the former immediately went to Ave when he saw him collapse before listening to everything that Margaret said that he should do. “Yes ma’am. I’ll do that,” he said in reply while holding Ave close to him.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane broke the kiss once he was out of breath and yawned. He then knelt down before her and pressed his face against her belly. "So tired and I missed you love. I saw you there but .... It wasn't you. I told her to punch the other me so he could be happy too. " He said softly and got up, lifting her over his shoulder and walked over to her horse getting on. "Alright, thank you so much for getting us back here, I'm tired and need sleep... I'm taking my wife home." 

-----

Edward was green and taking deep breaths humming nothing in particular. "Feel like my *urck* insides are lagging behind me." He said almost vomiting. 

-----

Avery weakly pulled out a handkerchief to hold to his nose and gave Cody a weak smile. "How hot was the other me?" He said jokingly. "Was I a swashbuckling sailor?"

Alex pulled away after Zane did, also feeling a bit out of breath before running her fingers through his hair when he knelt down in front of her and placed his head against her belly. "I am as well. I also missed you and oh? What was the other me like?" she said and asked curiously in reply before letting out a surprised sound and had a look that matched it soon after when he picked her up and placed her on his shoulder to carry her over to where Spot was. "Um I think you can set me down now or at least put me in your lap so that I can look ahead of us instead of behind us," she said a bit shyly after he had said what he did to Ave.

~•~○~•~

"Is there anything I can do to help like get you a glass of water?" Alivia asked still with the concern in her voice and also showing as an expression on her face as she knelt down beside him and gently rubbed his back a bit.

~-•☼•-~

"Oh very hot," Cody said teasingly in reply with a smile back to Ave's first question before he heard the second one. "Yes. The ship also had a merlion painted on the side and the crew was all female. The only other people you let on board were me and Alex. No other guys were allowed. Oh, I nearly forgot that he gave me something to give to you." He put his hand in his pocket after he said what he did last, pulling out a journal and then handing it to him afterward. "He said that it's important that you get it."

Zane settled her on his lap side saddle and held her close to him. "Couldn't sleep without you. " He mumbled again looking like death as they got into town. "Is Bunny okay? " He asked. "It was so weird there. You looked beautiful but sad, you wore dresses that were difficult to move in and where upset about Avery running away and becoming a sailor. " He said softly. 

----

Edward drooled a bit until the mage handed him a sliver of ginger and he ate it. "Thanks that helps." "Teleportation and rift travel isn't for the weak of stomach. " "Didn't know I had a weak stomach, have you eaten the food captain Sergi makes? Makes hard tack look appealing." Margaret laughed and helped him on her horse letting Alivia on her own horse leading them back to the castle. "Your parents are worried, and I agree, that gruel is the kind of stuff the pigs won't eat and they eat everything! "

-----

Stuffing the handkerchief up his nostrils he took the book and opened it blinking at it. Flipping through it, each page had a journal entry and a drawing, several of them of Cody, some of the crew and the ship or the treasures he got, some where of the people he met and one colored photo marked a page showing Avery at the helm, shirtless and hair tied up. The page beside it said his first mate a woman named Gina drew this and she was a half fae girl. "Wow! Hot? No I'm sexy! Damn I got some style! I need to read this and woah..." He got up and stumbled falling back on Cody. "You're going to have to carry me. I'm dizzy..." He mumbled. 

“I couldn’t sleep without you either,” Alex said in reply while wrapping her arms around his neck as he held her close and then listening to everything he said and asked. “He’s okay but was also missing you as well. I think after he sees you, he'll be better. Oh? Hm sounds like that me was a lady which is my worst nightmare. That would be something I’d be upset about and oh; I had no idea he wanted to be a sailor. I did try to ask him about it the other day and he said that it was a secret that he only wanted Cody to know.”

~•~○~•~

Alivia sighed a bit when the question she had went unanswered, but she didn’t let that bother her too much. She smiled a bit when she heard him say that he was feeling better after eating the offered sliver of ginger that Margaret gave him and then it faded slightly when she heard that his parents were worried and went over to her horse after the older mage helped Edward onto his. She rode Yue back to the castle with the other two, giggling a bit at the last thing that Margaret said.

~-•☼•-~

Cody smiled when he saw Ave look through the journal, chuckling a bit when he heard what he said about him being sexy instead of hot. “Alright and steady there. Of course I’ll carry you back home,” he said when he noticed him be a bit unsteady before standing up with him in his arms and then carrying him back towards their warehouse home afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"Well now you do know." Zane said dismounting as he got home and still carried her inside. He flopped on the couch and smiled when Bunny screamed and hopped on the couch wedging himself between them. mama! Mama you're home!  "Hey baby bunny boy. Yes I'm back. Snuggle with mummy and pappi.." he sighed relaxing. 

----

"I will like a glass of water when we get back... Or just make that wine.... Or Brandy. I need something strong in order to forget that. I was married to Kimberly! And I didn't seem like a happy one because the entire time I was there she didn't even look for me, just a glance and a wave through a window when I looked outside while talking to the mage and you where the mage's apprentice which was neat because I didn't know you had a magic affinity but still it was.... shocking. Zane was my commander... Not surprised there though. Avery was a captain of a merchant ship and delt with magical artifacts and apparently busted up a magical creature smuggling ring by himself and managed a thriving trade group.  It was so weird...." He said slumping in his saddle in exhaustion.

--------

Avery crumpled in Cody's arms and switched the corner of his handkerchief three times until his nose stopped bleeding. He made a move to make it fly to the wash bin and it to clean itself then stopped knowing Cody would stop him. Once set on his feet, he sat down and removed his clothes to his trousers and crawled into the bed passing out from utter exhaustion. 

“Mhm,” Alex said in reply before she was carried off of Spot and into the house by him. She wrapped her arms around his neck as they cuddled on the couch with Bunny in between them. “I love and missed you so much mi amor.

~•~○~•~

"I think I can get you some brandy when we get to the castle; no problem. Was it that bad? Ah, I see. Oh, really? I was interested in it at one time, but then I liked archery and whatnot better before I was pulled into lady training. No, I'm not surprised to hear that either. Hm interesting and it sounds like he did a really good job with doing that. I understand," she said in reply to everything that he said while on the ride back while looking at him with the concerned expression on her face. "I think you should get some sleep when we get back before I get you that brandy. Would you like me to stay the night at the castle or would you rather I head back home instead?"

~-•☼•-~

Cody looked down at Ave when he noticed him crumple in his arms, watching him move his handkerchief around in his nose while thinking that he was doing that to help his nose stop bleeding. He knew that he was right about that when he saw him take it out and was about to stop him from using magic to make it fly to the wash bin since he knew that he'd do that, but didn't have to when he noticed him stop while also thinking that he (Ave) figured that he (Cody) might do just that. When they got to the warehouse, he set him down on his feet, watched as he dressed down to his trousers before getting in the bed, and then falling asleep afterward. He tucked him in before leaning in and kissing him softly on the forehead and then heading over to the den couch to read for a bit after while thinking that he'd rest beside him a bit later.

Edited by SkySong278

"I missed you too mi Regina." Zane muttered as he ignored his stomach growling and fell asleep completely drained form the events of the last two days. 

----

"Stay. I don't want you to travel at night. It's dusk now but I.... Although I made sure the way was free of ruffians and bandits I still want you safe." He said softly reaching for her hand. "Brandy may help me sleep without nightmares. I have a feeling I'll be having a lot of those for a while." He muttered getting off the mage's horse and helping Alivia off her horse holding her hand tightly as he headed inside the castle. He was immediately greeted by a hug from his father and mother. "Edward! My son, are you really our Edward?" Howard asked scanning Edward's face concern wrinkling his brow.

------

Avery woke with a start. "Cody!" He ground as he held his head having sat up too fast from his nightmare. "Cody.....?" He whimpers blinking in the darkened corner of his part of the wearhouse. He reached out his hands. "I had a nightmare you disappeared again and you didn't come back... No matter what I did. It was awful... "

Alex smiled a bit when she heard what he said in reply before she heard him snoring soon after. She curled up against him and slept, too for a bit for she was also exhausted after the last two days’ events. She only meant to sleep for an hour, but that turned into more like two instead. Her growling stomach woke her up and she made some dinner for them after she got up from the couch. She was almost done when Bunny came over, asking for food as well. She sighed before getting out a bowl, Bunny’s food, scooped it into the the bowl, and then set it down in front of their furbaby before finishing making their dinner. It was his favorite Spanish dish that she had gotten the recipe for from Rayna.

~•~○~•~

“Okay and I understand,” she said in reply before taking his offered hand afterward and then getting down off of her horse with his help afterward. She nodded in thanks to him before saying in reply to what he had said earlier regarding the brandy and nightmares while keeping her hand in his as they made their way to the castle, “Okay. I’ll make sure to get you some before you head off to bed. Oh. Anything I can do to help with those nightmares or no?” When they got there and she saw his parents before they hugged him she smiled at them and said, “Yes it’s really him. I was there and saw him and the other Edward switch places. The other one is back where he belongs.”

~-•☼•-~

Cody had fallen asleep on the couch and woke with a start when he heard Avery calling for him as well as him trying to look for him. “I’m here Ave and it’s okay,” he said before reaching out himself and pulling him into his arms.

Edited by SkySong278