SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“Mine as well. Your mom’s really talented and I can’t wait to see the dress when it’s completely finished,” she said in reply to what he said in his first few statements or so regarding his suit before hearing everything else he said. “Will I be too much of a distraction for you if I was in the same room as you? I’m also glad that Ave’ll be there and that Cody will,” she asked and said in reply while giggling a bit.

-•-•-

“Me too,” he said in reply before nodding and then watching curiously and with interest as Avery got out his sketchbook and started to draw the unicorn. He thought that the former having his tongue between his teeth was cute but didn’t say anything due to not wanting to mess up his concentration.

Zane grinned and started to sweep the floor. "Darling you're always distracting but I'm a big boy, I can keep focused even when you are there. " He chuckled. 

---

Avery was there for a long time drawing and using different charcoal stubs to have different line thickness to the drawing.

((should we ts to the ball?))

“Oh okay. If you’re sure,” Alex said in reply before going over to the couch with Bunny while he continued to drink the milk from the gloved finger and then when he was done she gently took it away. “Want to go riding later?”

-•-•-

Cody smiled a bit when he saw Avery continuing to draw the unicorn before going over to the kitchen and starting to put some dinner together for them.

Edited by SkySong278

((yes but she's required to wear a dress and Cody isn't aloud inside it's a ladies party only. Can you play the girl that the prince gets with? I'll make a sheet for him))

((oh but I thought Rayna said she could wear her guard uniform unless she was talking about a different one. should I make a form for this other princess I’ll be playing?))

((Yes but she's not a princess, she's part of the kingdom but can be any rank you want her to be.  Rayna said armor, as in a fashionable armored dress she'd make of a certain color (purple shades) to say she's betrothed. Blue is single, silver/greys in courtship with someone, gold/yellow is for the royal members of the family (blood relatives) then pink hair ribbons are those too young, red for those too old and white for those in marriage age. Her dress would be purple with armor,  with a white and purple hair tie. ))

((oh okay. all that is good to know. guessing Zane won’t be there either, then or would he?

my form -

Username: SS278

Name: Alivia Grayson

Appearance: she’ll wear this dress to the ball and she’s wearing a headband, though with the dress; she’s 5’3” tall and both her hair and eye color are what’s in the picture.

History (optional): a young lady of the court

Other: has a white kitten named Snowball.))

The day of the ball arrived and Alex was fully recovered. She put on a beautiful purple dress that had chain mail sewn into the bodice (not shown in the pic) that Rayna had made for her for the occasion in her room at the castle. She braided her hair and put a white and purple hair tie at the bottom of it to keep it in place before putting on her necklace with the other ring from Zane. She was also wearing purple flats that went with her dress but the dress was covering them. After she was done getting dressed, she headed towards the queen’s quarters to see if she was ready.

-•-•-

(not sure what to put for Cody so I'll wait a bit)

»»~««

Alivia changed into a blue and white dress (the dress in the pic) before adorning her hair with a light blue headband and then putting white flats on her feet. She also put a blue choker of sorts around her neck before heading downstairs to head out to the ball at the castle.

Edited by SkySong278

((Zane is the king's gaurd and Alex the Queen's. He'd be there just to protect the king. Other knights there are married or courting so Cody would be highered for the ball along with others who are expericed. Rayna would be there too.))

Zane straightened his outfit and took a knife, slipping it into his belt after cutting his hair with it. He ruffled the black and red locks until they looked somewhat tidy and went to the king's chambers to follow behind his king as knight general and body guard.  He knocked on the door to let them know it was time. 

---

Edward and Harold looked at the door. The prince looked sleepless and mentally exhausted. He had used a bit of makeup to hide the dark circles around his eyes,  his face thin but still handsome, depression had it's scaly grip on him ever since the princess admitted to the potion. He sighed hevily, his father patted his shoulder. "Buck up my boy. It didn't work out for me the first time either. Chin up and try to smile. I have a feeling that you'll meet the one tonight." He said hugging his son and walked out with him to meet Zane and Gertrude. 

----

Avery's dress was like starlight with a purple shawl of fur on his shoulders and white feathers in his hair. He walked out in heels ready to go. He had on fake eyelashes, silver eye shadow and dark eyes liner with place pink lipstick. "A-are you ready to go Cody?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((okay. I edited my post as Alex, having her be in the room she has at the castle instead of her and Zane’s house as well as having her go towards Gertrude’s room. I can change it to Gwen instead if that’ll be easier))

Alex had gotten to Gertrude’s chambers and now knocked on the door after Zane did the same to Harold’s and the King and prince had emerged. Gertrude emerged in a beautiful silver and gold gown, the same one she had worn at the lunch the day that the Drunhem royals came to visit, with her crown adorning her head and smiled at Alex before the two of them joined Zane and company. “Shall we head downstairs now?” she asked their guards, her husband and son before starting to head towards the stairs without waiting for a response. Alex smiled at them before curtsying in greeting to the king and prince and blew Zane a kiss, her ring flashing a bit in the light at that action, and then followed after the queen shortly afterward.

»»~««

Alivia was in the main area of the castle where the ball was being held, she had arrived there moments earlier in a carriage, and was now trying to mingle with some of the other guests there. She was a bit shy and wasn’t exactly sure what to say to these other girls, but she tried her best.

-•-•-

Cody was wearing a light gray and silver suit that was appropriate as both formal wear and knight garb, he was wearing chain mail underneath just in case, and had a small dagger in a wrist sheathe that was hidden under his right sleeve. “Yes of course,” he said in reply to what he heard Avery ask him before emerging from his room to see him in his dress. “You look beautiful,” he said with a small blush on his cheeks after he had gotten over the shock he had felt at seeing him in the pretty dress.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane smiled seeing her ring flash on her finger, he waved to her, his ring also catching the light.  He followed the royals out to the ball room, his name being called first by the announcer as the guards filed on the stairs for the grand entrance of the royal family. He called for attention and the ladies quieted down as he announced the King and queen as they desended the steps hand in hand and then the prince came down after them bowing to the crowd of ladies as the ones in front giggled.

----

The King made a anoucement and declared the ball has begun. Edward had a half-hearted smile as he began to meet the ladies. Each had a little red clip put in their hair by Edward or Zane who always was four steps behind the price saying it was a party favor but had another meaning, to let Edward know he has met this girl and he didn't like her. Green ones where given to the girls he'd like to speak to again later on, however there was one made of peacock feathers that was his chosen girl. This was clipped to his pocket for safe keeping.  He of course spoke to each lady, old or young and they got a red hair pin too only to keep up with the party favors idea. Avery actually came up with this fun way to keep track of those he had met, so the meetings seemed fluid, not forced and allowed each lady a chance to speak to the princess regardless of age or relationship status.

---

Avery blushed at his complement and took his arm making a portal to the castle arriving as the king declared it started. "I wasn't going to walk all that way in heals... I need to eat something that took a bite out of my energy. " He said leaning on Cody to stabilize himself. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alex waited off to the side when Zane made the introductions of Harold, Gertrude, and Edward and then went down the steps a bit later after Zane had gone down after the latter. She stood behind Gertrude when her charge sat down in her chair while Harold made the announcement of the ball starting. She had her attention be mainly on the main area as well as the doors, her eyes constantly swiveling to keep everyone in her peripheral vision. She had a few daggers hidden on her person just in case but she hoped she wouldn’t have to use any of them. She also kept an eye on Zane and Edward to make sure she knew where they were and could get to them if needed but her main priority was the queen.

»»~««

Alivia migrated with the other girls to where the stairs were when the knight commander made the introductions of the king, queen, and prince and watched as the latter bowed to them all in greeting. She stepped back a bit and off to the side aways in the back near one of the windows so that she wasn’t in the way of anyone, but also because she didn’t like very big crowds. She sat down on one of the benches near the window when her shoes started to hurt her feet slightly from standing, but then stood up again after the small ache in her feet subsided. She smiled at one of the girls near her when she introduced herself and she did the same before looking out the window at the beautiful flowers, wondering if she could go outside and look at them or if she needed to be accompanied by someone in order to do that.

-•-•-

Cody smiled a bit when he saw Avery’s blush before walking through the portal with him shortly afterward to the castle and where the ball was. “I wouldn’t expect you to walk all the way here, especially in heels. I’m sure that’s a bit challenging to do. I’ll find you something to eat soon unless you need something right now,” he said in reply to everything he said while watching Edward and Zane make their way through the crowd of girls that was there.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery moved twords the spot Alivia occupied so he can look at the flowers too. "I would like something now if you don't mind, something sweet. I'll sit here and wait for you. " He said and sat down on the bench with a polite amount of room between him and the other woman. He leaned against the cool wall closing his eyes for a moment.  A low grumbled sounded and he held his stomach with a blush. 

-----

Zane nodded in the direction of Cody and Avery as they stepped from a glowing portal near the entrance and  watch Avery break away to go sit down. 

-----

Harold took a seat by his wife and watched his son. Edward was now interacting with a little girl, who was no older then five maybe six.  He held her hands and danced with her on his feet. She giggles and after their little dance he knelt, kissed her cheek and put the pin in her hair. She ran back to her mom who was watching a couple of steps away. He met a few other girls giving them red pins, and one a green pin before heading to Avery with Zane.

"My! Miss Avery what a lovely dress! Your mother's work Zane?" Edward asked heading over. Zane chuckled. "Of course,  along with nearly every eligible lady here.  She designed it though and her magic makes it sparkle like that. I say, if being a mage doesn't pay enough, you can always sell designs with my mother or do specific commissions every once in a while."

"Tempting. I'll think on that Zane. " Avery said taking a pin from him and stuck it his hair. "I hope your orderves are as great as this ball prince Edward, magic is awfully draining and if I am going to perform the grand finale tonight I need to have plenty of energy."

Edward chuckled. "Feel free to raid the kitchens. I look forward to your show. Where's your familiar by the way?"

"Oh she's outside roosting. Isabo enjoys the garden. Feel free to call out for her, she loves attention. " He said softly. 

((skipping Alex for now. trying to think of some drama that might get her kidnapped/captured and taken away from the ball or maybe that can happen when she’s heading to her and Zane’s house after the ball’s over))

Cody nodded before going off in search of a waiter with a tray that held sweets. When he found one, he picked up what looked like a toothpick through a chocolate ball of sorts and asked the waiter what it was. He said it was a truffle and the former nodded before heading back over to where he had left Avery, seeing Zane and Edward there talking to him. He nodded in greeting to Zane before giving Avery the truffle to eat.

»»~««

Alivia smiled in greeting at the girl in the silver colored dress when she came over to where she was before looking out the window again and before hearing the prince and knight commander’s voices address the other girl beside her. She stayed quiet, though since she wasn’t being spoken to but did get curious about the familiar. Magic had once fascinated her when she was younger but fencing, archery, and self-defense ended up becoming her fascination when she actually learned them. When there seemed to be a break in the conversation she asked the prince a bit shyly, “Would it be okay for me to walk in the garden to view the flowers a bit better Your Highness? I love flowers. I also don’t do very well with big crowds so I’d like to get a bit of fresh air.”

Edited by SkySong278

((no, they've had enough drama happen, focus on Avery and Cody now and develop them further.))

Avery looked at the small bite with his eyebrows raised. "There is a whole orderves table over there with lemonade or champagne and a bunch of other foods." He giggled and ate the truffle standing up on wobbly feet. "Help me over there will you? Then we'll go see the king and my sister. The queen and I need to have a discussion about her garden and the care of some magical plants she got from Sahar to make a dessert climate in a green house. So after I get some food, we could head over there." He said taking Cody's arm with a smile. He waved to the prince and the girl heading to the table as his stomach complained loudly that one tiny truffle wasn't enough to satisfy it.

-----

Edward looked at the lady while she sat there seeing her thee for the first time. "Oh! I didn't see you there, yes you may it's partially open for the guests to visit so others may go there too. It's a bit of a maze so guards are posted at places to keep people from getting lost. However if it is still too crowded for you out there, there's a arbor archway to the left of the fountain it looks like it's filled in with with roses so nobody goes through it, but the roses don't have thorns and are draped over the arbor like a curtain. It's a private spot with a gazibo there if anyone else is looking at the garden too. Feel free to sit at the gazibo for a bit to catch your breath and for a break from... All this." He waved to the crowd. "I'll speak to you when you return, have a wonderful evening madam." He bowed and melted into the crowd again with Zane following behind him. 

((okay sorry. maybe there can be a drama thing for Ave and Cody later, then?))

“Sorry. I wasn’t sure what all you needed to get more energy and thought that we could just get something together. Okay and sure. Alright and sorry again for just getting you a truffle,” Cody said in reply to everything Avery said before hearing his stomach growl a bit after the former had waved to the prince and girl while walking with him over to the table with horderves on it.

»»~««

“It’s okay. I’m kind of quiet when no one’s talking to me but I should have spoken up sooner. Okay thank you and I’ll keep all that in mind. Alright I’ll look forward to that. Thank you and you do the same,” Alivia said in reply before nodding and curtsying towards him before he left with the knight commander following after him. She then went outside and started to explore the gardens afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

((yep and I got an idea for a surprise!))

Avery got a plate, piled it with fruits dipped in chocolate, meats, rolls and a few more truffles for his sister and walked over to the queen handing his sister a couple truffles before sitting on the steps to talk to the queen. 

------

About ten minutes later, the prince burst through the arbor clapping his hands over his mouth as a bunch of whinny gold digging girls tryed to follow Zane as he went through the garden yelling at each other of who will "win the prince" . He sank to his knees when the clamor subsided . 

((okay and I can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with :)))

Cody followed Avery to where the king, queen, and Alex were after the former had gotten a bit more food as well as some truffles for the latter for her to enjoy.

Alex smiled at them a bit in greeting when she saw them approach and then gratefully took the truffles from Avery, enjoying one of them as she had part of her attention be on Gertrude and Ave’s conversation and the rest of it being on the crowd.

»»~««

Alivia had been walking around the maze-like garden for awhile until she heard the small commotion of squealing girls following after the knight commander and their comments of who would win the prince. She found an exit of the garden and the area of it where she had popped out of, brought her to where the prince was on his knees. She was curious as to why he was in that position so she went up to him to find out. “Are you okay Your Highness?” she asked when she was standing beside him before sitting down on the grass afterward but at a respectful distance.

Edited by SkySong278

"I really... *Huff* hate these *huff* events!" Edward groaned leaning back so his back was on the grass knees to the sky. He rubbed his face. "Please let me know if you are going to chase me too. " He muffled between his hands and peered around his legs to look at her. "You don't seem like the type to hunt me down, I've had enough of that tonight. How are you liking the garden? " He asked, got up and offered a hand to help her up heading over to a gazebo and sat on the bench in a very informal way looking exhausted and his hair almost looked grey. A falcon of orange and black plumege  swooped down and landed on the arm rest of the bench with a little trill. The prince stroked her feathers. "Hey Isabo. You're as pretty as your master tonight, she takes great care of her familiar doesn't she?" He smiled as the bird trilled a response with a head bob in afermation. 

((Zane is being chased by girls who want the prince and they commented about winning the prince not him. And Avery is having a boring fashion combo with the queen Cody can speak to the king of you want))

((oh sorry. I read that wrong. I edited that part in my earlier post as Alivia to be what it needed to be instead and okay))

Cody smiled seeing Avery talking with the queen before having his attention go to being on the king. “Hello Your Majesty. How do you think Prince Edward’s doing with all these girls?” he greeted him and asked with a smile while sitting down beside him.

»»~««

Alivia tilted her head a bit to the side in curiosity when she heard the first statement he said before hearing everything else that he said afterward as well as the question he asked her. “Oh and no I’m not the type to chase you and I feel bad for you having to do that. I feel sorry for your knight commander at the moment since he’s the one currently being chased by those girls. I like it a lot. I love flowers and these ones are really pretty and unique,” she said in reply before taking his offered hand and then standing up afterward. “Thank you,” she said before walking over with him to the gazebo. She smiled at the falcon before gently rubbing her finger on her head.

Edited by SkySong278

"Got chased out, a handsome prince among all the lovely ladies of the kingdoms is like hanging a fat mouse above a snake pit. I feel bad but if Gertrude and I are going to retire, our son needs a queen." He said with a chuckle.

---

"Don't worry about him, he chases his horse around for fun and is able to keep pace with his stallion. He'd out run them if he wants. He's just keeping them busy. I'm glad you enjoy my mother's garden, and I apologise for my informalities madame. My name is Prince Edward, do you mind if I sit with you for a little while for a break from the crowd? As you said earlier, I myself am not ecstatic about social parties and large amounts of people crowded in one place, but it is my ball and therefore must be of attendance." He said standing up and bowing to her. 

“Poor Edward and yes I guess that’s true,” he said in reply with his own chuckle as he saw Zane being chased by the ladies outside. “Well hopefully he’ll find his match tonight and you won’t have to worry about not being able to retire.”

»»~««

“Ah okay and that does sound like a fun pastime. I won’t be too worried about him then. It’s quite alright and I’m Lady Alivia Grayson. No I don’t mind at all and it seems that we have something in common. Yes I see how that might be a problem if you were to take too long of a break from this event,” she said in reply as she also stood and curtsied to him.

"That boy can sure run." The king said seeing Zane run past the windows and then when one lady tripped he stopped went back and helped her up and had the women go inside getting a first aid kit to help her scratched up hand. He continued to watch as Zane handed out red hair pins to the girls. "Always a gentleman he is. I know Edward is envious of both of you. Not only that you two have been such great friends and you two are brothers now, but also because you both found the one and are clearly in love. Your date looks beautiful tonight too. You may need to carry her home though, she's putting on a show tonight with something called fireworks and magic combined. " He said with a smile. "Avery would burn a lot of energy with the show she has planned."

---

He sat down after she did. "Indeed it would be an issue. Although I would like nothing more then a quiet evening drawing or composing poetry. I do most of my work here, hiding away from my duties even if for a few minutes a day I get some time to collect myself. Most of the princes I met abroad find it easier to clear their heads by perfecting swordplay or hand to hand combat. .... I detest violence. It is required that I learn to fight, but I rather fight with diplomacy then combat. " He looked at the stars silent for a while. 

“Yes that he can but he’s had a lot of practice with keeping up with Toro over the years and when he plays with him. He gets his exercise. I’m sure he’ll find someone he can love as well and hopefully it’ll be tonight and one of the girls he talks to. Yes she does. I’ll indeed do that if it looks like that needs to be done. I’ll also make sure she gets plenty to eat beforehand so hopefully she can have plenty of energy to spare afterward. I can’t wait to see that show,” he said in reply with a smile as he looked briefly at Avery’s plate to see if it needed to be refilled. It seemed to be okay for now but he’d get a few more things in a few minutes or so for her just to be safe.

»»~««

She sat down after she had curtsied to him and then after he had sat down, she listened to everything he said before he fell silent while looking up at the stars. “I think that’s a good way to help pass the time although it would be avoiding the important things. I write and draw as well but what I write are stories instead of poetry. I’m not very good at rhyming. I also go on long rides on my horse to a hill close to my house to stargaze at night and just imagine shapes in the clouds during the day if I want to avoid my parents and my lessons. They got me a private tutor to help teach me some ladylike things and I hate being cooped up in the house all day,” she said before also looking up at the stars.

Edited by SkySong278

"indeed." The king said.

"So queen Gertrude, shall we discuss the plants you received from Sandia? I know they are extremely rare and magical. Magical plants are particular of their environment so I would need some sand and water from the region they originated from to create a oasis that would need to be in a large green house that would keep the heat and humidity to a desert like feel. " He said. 

---

Edward chuckled.

"Rymes for poetry,

can be difficult for some.

Hakus don't need rymes."

He said with a smile. "Five seven five makes the haku poem. Not all poems ryme. There's free verse, sonnets, a b b a where it ends in one word, rymes in the next two lines then rymes with the first line in the last line. I enjoy free verse myself.  So you write? What do you like to write about?"