SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“You’re right. I will be patient but it’s just a bit hard to be so when you’ve waited awhile for the big day. I think it’s a bit closer now but I’ve lost track of how many days are left. Maybe I’ll ask Zane in my letter to him tomorrow,” she said in reply with a small sigh as she looked up at the clouds for a bit longer. “Want to head back now?” she asked a few minutes later. 
Cody nodded in understanding to everything she said before hearing her question a little while later also after he had looked up at the clouds as well. “Yes that sounds like a good idea,” he said before getting up and then helping her up afterward before they both headed back to where they had left the horses grazing.

They both got up onto their backs and then started to head back to her and Zane’s house afterward. About halfway there, they raced again so that both horses could get a bit more exercise.

•~•—°—•~•

“I think you’re right and I’ll definitely do that,” she said in reply before looking down at the sand near the water coming in to see if she could spot any conch shells. After a little while longer of looking, she saw one in the water as the tide brought it in and quickly reached out to get it before it went away again. “Found one,” she said with an even bigger smile than before.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane yawned trying to stay awake as the sun set. Isabo cherped and flew lower, gliding on the winds of the sea.

Edward grinned and took the conch shell from her and headed to the sea. "Got to rinse off any sand..." He cleaned it up, dried it on his shirt and blew into it. It just made a hollow air sound. No horn or anything. "Aww." He looked so crestfallen it was cute, like an excited puppy being told to stay put. 

Alex and Cody made it back to her and Zane’s house after putting Spot back in the stables near there and they chatted a bit more before Cody headed back to the warehouse living space that he shared with Ave on Chestnut‘s back.
When he got back there, he put Chestnut back in the stables near there and then went inside the warehouse afterward and after unlocking the door.

•~•—°—•~•

Alivia nodded and watched as he rinsed off the sand before drying it on his shirt and also as he attempted to blow it to have it sound like a horn. When it didn’t work and he looked so crestfallen, she thought it was very cute and blushed a bit because of that. “It’s okay. If you hold it up to your ear you can hear the ocean which is cool,” she said as she tried to make him feel better after his failed attempt.

Edited by SkySong278

Edward looked at the shell then at the sea behind him. "I take it, that it works even not by the ocean? " He asked tilting his head. He then plugged one ear with his finger walking back up the beach a bit and pressed the conch to his other ear. He turned around to face her and he ran up to her. "That is so cool! I didn't know that, I couldn't get in the sand to find shells when I was little and visiting the sea." He said with a smile.

"Man you lived a sheltered life. Next time maybe you should make sure you have nothing in the shell before you hold it to your ear. Sometimes hermit crabs live in there." Zane said walking by then with a stick and started to draw in the sand.

“Yes but it also works by the ocean as well. It’s just hard to hear,” Alivia said in reply to his question before watching him walk away a bit further ahead to hear it. “Yes it is and now you do. Oh? Why was that?” she said in reply to his first statement and then asked a curious question in reply to the last thing he said with a curious expression on her face. Then when Zane walked up to them and said everything he did she turned her attention to be on him from being on Edward and said in reply, “I’ll make sure to check any other ones for hermit crabs before giving it to him.” Then she noticed that he was drawing in the sand with a stick and asked curiously, “What’re you drawing?”

~«•»~°~«•»~

Alex fell back asleep on the couch after feeding Bunny again after she had gotten back to the house and locked the door once again. She then woke up a bit later to fix a small dinner for her to eat, she hadn’t been very hungry earlier, and while she was eating she went ahead and wrote out the letter she was going to send to Zane tomorrow.

Edited by SkySong278

"I was always in nice clothes and my nanny didn't want sand everywhere. " Edward said watching Zane.

"Alex with her sword." He said.

"Doesn't look like my sister." Avery said looking at the kind of stick figure with spaghetti hair and  a pointed rectangular thing for the sword. Zane glared at Avery. "I'm a gardener not an artist. "

“Ah that’s understandable. I hated those plants that had ball-looking prickly things that always stuck to the bottom of my feet when I was younger. Those hurt a lot especially when I took them out,” Alivia said in reply before also watching as Zane drew. “It’s a nice effort. I’m not very good at drawing myself but if you practice, I’m sure you’ll get better; just like swordplay,” she said kindly after she heard the small conversation between him and Avery.

Edited by SkySong278

"I have been drawing for a while. This isn't the best thing to work with.." Zane said and frowned as Avery took the stick from him. 

Avery then started to draw his sister, capturing her regal pose,sword, hair flowing in the wind and armor. "It's easy. If you can do basic shapes all you need to do is add a few things and voalá." He said stepping back of a perfect image of his sister. 

“Oh okay and I understand. I have a hard time drawing with a stick as well,” Alivia said in reply just before Avery took the stick and started to draw.

“Oh wow. That’s an expert way to draw with a stick. I’ve never had much luck drawing with one but that’s good advice on how to draw with it,” she said as she looked at what she drew.

Edited by SkySong278

"It's the same thing with any utensil. " He said and drawing a unicorn next to his sister. "Although the sand is a little bit rough, you can make beautiful pictures and sculptures from it with the right tools."

“Oh okay. I just find it a bit difficult to draw with a stick. I can make sculptures with sand just fine with buckets and my hands but I just have a hard time drawing with a stick,” she said in reply with a small shrug.

Zane looked at the sun, then the tide. "We best be heading back now. We all need baths after our journey and standing on the beach. How about you two read together by the fireside?" He suggested. He did that with Alex all the time, just enjoying the quiet together and Bunny laying on their laps. 

Avery shrugged. "And Zane isn't bad at drawing either, his flower drawings are spot on. It's like you said, sometimes it takes practice, some it might be a natural, but still could always improve. " He said softly as he was absentmindedly drawing Cody in a proposal stance. Before it was finished, he saw what he had drawn and stepped on it messing it up.  "Zane's right, it is getting late. "

“Oh you’re right it is. That’s also a good idea about reading together by the fireside. Maybe after we get out of our baths?” Alivia said and asked in reply to what Zane said before hearing everything Avery said afterward. “I guess I’ll just have to get better with it then and yes let’s head back,” she said before turning back towards the direction that they had come from to start heading back to the beach house and then stopping a short time after to wait for them to catch up.

~«•»~°~«•»~

After Alex had written the letter, she set it aside and then headed upstairs to the room that she thought she and Zane would share after they got married, got dressed in her nightgown, laid down on the mattress, and covered herself with a blanket she had gotten before falling asleep soon after her head hit the pillow. Bunny had followed her up the stairs and now laid on top of the blanket, purring both loudly and contently.

They caught up to her and went to the beach house. Once there Edward ordered baths be drawn for them and they each got a bath. 

Avery cleaned and dressed in his nightgown reaching back to let down his hair then realized it wasn't long anymore. Zane knocked on the door and let Avery know he was heading to bed so he'd be the one to chaperone the couple. 

Zane washed, got into pj bottoms and crawled into bed. He couldn't get to sleep, so used to Alex and Bunny's purring that he couldn't get to sleep. He started to humm the song his mother used to sing to him when he was in pain, to see if that helps him any. 

----

Edward washed, dressed casually. He was already sitting and reading by the fireside. He was comfortable with this, and ended up falling asleep. 

---

The next day Zane was up with a strong cup of tea and a sour look on his face.

Alivia went back to the house with them and got in a bath of her own after Edward had asked for them to be drawn. After she had gotten out of it, she dressed in a casual dress, and then went out to the sitting area to find Edward on the couch with a book in his lap and asleep. She sighed a bit and then sat down beside him but a few inches away before falling asleep herself.

~~~~~

She woke up the next morning to the smell of tea and went into the kitchen, finding Zane there with a cup of it. “Morning,” she said in greeting while rubbing her eyes a bit and then went over to the window to look out of it for a little while.

~«•»~°~«•»~

Alex woke up the next morning, feeling Bunny on her hip and still purring contently. She smiled a bit when she saw that before gently removing Bunny so that she could get up without disturbing him too much then got out clean clothes for the day before getting in the shower and then after she got out of it, she went downstairs, and made herself some breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast.

Edited by SkySong278

"Morn'in. You two seemed cozy. Did you sleep well?" He asked. He had dark circles around his eyes as he took a long sip of his tea. "Avery is getting ready. Why don't you go ahead and do the same, I'll make breakfast and wake up prince charming over there." He pointed with his pinky to Edward who was drooling and sleeping with his mouth open in a unflattering way. 

“Oh well um I had just gone over to the couch to read with him when I saw that he was asleep and ended up falling asleep myself but with a respectable distance between us,” Alivia said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks to Zane’s statement regarding her and Edward looking cozy before hearing his question. “Yes, I did thank you. You look like you didn’t sleep very well, though. Couldn’t sleep?” She then nodded in silent nonverbal agreement when she heard his suggestion saying in reply afterward, “That’s a good idea. I’ll do that. Thanks.” She then moved to head towards the room she was going to be using to change and get ready for the day.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane didn't answer her questions, simply remaining silent until she left then started a hearty breakfast of potato cakes (thin pancake like bread that's stuffed like creapes and are sweet) strawberry jam, some kind of fruit called a papaya with yogurt, blueberries and honey, the yogurt being held in the fruit like it was a bowl. He added some basic oatmeal with cinnamon and strawberries inside it setting it out on the table. He then went outside and sat sipping his fourth cup of tea looking at the sea. 

Alivia went to the room she was staying in when Zane didn’t answer her question, getting dressed in another casual dress she had packed, and then heading to the kitchen again shortly afterward to see that breakfast had been made. She sat at the table while she waited for Edward and Avery to join her because she didn’t want to start eating without them.

~«•»~°~«•»~

Bunny came down to join her when she was halfway through eating her breakfast and he started to rub against her ankles with a purr while asking for food himself and saying that he was hungry. She finished eating a bite of scrambled eggs before getting up and getting his food before also pouring a bit of it into a small bowl for him to eat out of. While he was eating happily, she went back to her own food, finished eating it, then got the letter that she had written the day before off of the table next to the couch, and went outside to find a messenger. When she found one, she gave him the letter, told him where to go to deliver it, and then went back inside afterward.

The messenger smiled in greeting at Alex and took the letter with a nod and then after she went back inside the house, got his horse, and then rode him to the beach house that Zane and company were at.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery came out after shaving and dressing in a simple skirt and blouse. He sat down to eat, giving isabo a little bit of meat. 

Edward had woken up and sat down to eat first then he'd get changed later. "I was thinking about going in the water today. Did you bring something you don't mind getting wet?" He asked her. 

Zane was on the side of the wraparound porch where he can see both front and back of the Vila. Seeing dust on the road he got up and drew his blade setting it point down and his hands folded on the ruby rose shaped jewel in the pummel.  Seeing the colors of a messenger he sheathed his blade but kept his hand ready to draw it. "Good morning sir. Are you looking for the prince or is that letter for me, Zane?"

((I’ll add a post as Cody in my next post))

Alivia nodded in greeting to Avery before Edward joined her next and then started to eat after he started to. “That’s a good idea and I brought an old blouse and an old pair of pants that I don’t care about getting wet. I can change into them after breakfast,” she said in reply to both his statement and question before going back to eating her breakfast.

“Good morning sir and this one is for you. It’s from your fiancé. I saw her myself this morning when she gave it to me to bring to you. Would you like me to wait for your response so that I can bring it to her?” the messenger said and asked in reply after dismounting and approaching Zane while giving him the letter.

The letter said:

My love.

Both Bunny and I miss you so much. I haven’t yet had any trouble sleeping but if this separation continues much longer, I might soon not be able to sleep. I was only able to sleep last night thanks to Bunny‘s purring and the scent of you that was left behind on the mattress. They both comforted me enough to fall asleep. Not sure if that’ll continue to work but I’ll just have to see. I wish I can go out there to visit you but that might not be allowed so I guess I’ll just have to wait until you’re back to see you again, although that might be a bit hard for me to do. I can’t wait until we’re finally married but I’ve lost track of how many days are left until then. I love you so much.

Forever yours,

Alex

Edited by SkySong278

Edward smiled and finished his meal and went to change for the water. Avery looked a little pale. "I... I don't think I'll get in the water. I didn't bring anything to get wet in..."

"I would much appreciate it sir. Would you like some breakfast? Or perhaps a glass of lemonade?" He asked pulling out a quill, ink and paper from his saddle bag. After reading the letter he began to reply immediately. Once finished he waved it around so it could dry, slipped it in the envelope and stamped it addressing it to his fiance. "Here. Thank you. Although it's been a day, I miss her dearly. Take care good Sir." He said returning to his shady spot once more.

His letter read the following:

Dearest beloved Regina,

I unfortunately don't have the luxury of your scent or the comfort of Bunny to ease my slumber last night. My night was full of fighting with my blankets and pillows to no avail. One more day and we'll be heading back home tomorrow morning. As for the number of days until out marriage, the answer is twenty eight. My family is currently only a couple weeks away from here and Avery is dutifully fulfilling their duties as maid of honor and we decided on the flowers and now just need to get the final fittings and the menu sorted out. Edward said we can have the reception in the palace. I am very excited and nervous to be married. 

Yours truly and forever,

Zane

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“You’re welcome and lemonade sounds perfect,” the messenger said in reply before going inside briefly to get a small glass of the drink he requested from the staff there and then he went back outside after he had gotten it while Zane wrote his reply letter. When he was done with it and he was given it he listened to everything he said before saying in reply, “I think she misses you as well. Her smile wasn’t as bright as it usually is when I see her walking around. You, too.” He then got back on his horse’s back before taking off back towards Zane’s house to deliver his letter to Alex after he finished drinking the lemonade and left the empty glass on the railing of the porch.

~~~~~

Alex was outside in the backyard playing with Bunny when the messenger came back a bit later that afternoon. She had gone to the stables while he was gone to take care of Spot but now looked from Zane’s and her cat when she heard the hoofbeats of what she thought was the messenger’s horse approach in the front. She went to the gate, opened it, and found the messenger dismounting from his horse there. She approached him and took the letter he held out to her with a nod of thanks before opening it and reading it and also before the messenger left, smiling a bit and even more than she had done earlier that morning. She was a bit surprised as well to find that they’d be back as soon as he said in his letter that they’d be back because she thought it would be longer but maybe they shortened it slightly so it wouldn’t last too long. She went back into the backyard, collected Bunny, and then went back into the house through the back door after making sure that the gate was closed again.

~~>•<~~

Cody wrote his own letter to Avery after waking up the next morning. After he was done writing it, he went outside and found a messenger (a different one than the one Alex had found), and gave it to him while telling him where to bring it before going back inside the warehouse afterward.

His letter read:

Dearest Avery,

I miss you immensely and can’t wait till you come back. I think it’s only a short trip but I still miss you all the same. You’re constantly in my thoughts as well as the conversation we had awhile back regarding marriage and you coming out. I’ll ask what you want me to after you reveal yourself so that it won’t be awkward to the people who might be around us when you make your announcement. I love you and I hope you’re taking good care of yourself while you’re there.

Your knight in shining armor,

Cody

Edited by SkySong278

Edward went to get ready for the beach getting in a swimsuit that was one piece, having shorts and short sleeves in a deep navy color with broad white horizontal stripes. "Aren't you going to be in the water with us Avery?" He asked still seeing Avery at the table. He shook his head. "I don't have anything to get wet in. " Avery stated. He then spotted the letter from Cody, written by the pen he(Avery) gave him (Cody) to use. If used on loose paper, it would teleport the paper to the one who holds the other half of the magic pen. 

Alivia went to the borrowed room she was using to get dressed in the old blouse and pair of pants that she had mentioned packing and then went back to the kitchen afterward to find Edward and Avery talking at the table. “That’s okay. You can stay on the beach while we get wet,” she said in reply with a smile before noticing the messenger with a letter approaching outside.

The messenger got closer to the house and just before he arrived all the way there, he noticed the letter teleporting to the person it was supposed to go to. He blinked before composing himself and arrived there while waiting for a response to send back to Cody.

Edited by SkySong278