SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“Me too,” Alex said in reply before cuddling close to him and then closing her eyes shortly afterward.

~*~•~*~

“I do have a comment. I was just very worried about you earlier and wanted you to feel a bit better before I said anything. I love it,” Cody said in reply while kneeling in front of the couch and where Avery currently was. He gave a small gentle kiss against his forehead before pulling away again afterward. “Want me to get you anything else?”

~•~°~•~

“I’m glad you wrote me back for it was also nice hearing from you. I felt the same way; seeing you again I mean,” Alivia said in reply while also keeping her attention on him but she was blushing a bit more because of the kiss he gave to the back of her hand.

"Another bowl of broth and then I'll sleep. " Avery said softly handing the empty bowl back to Cody. 

-----

Edward smiled and leaned against the chair as a maid came to check up on them. He asked for a meal to be brought to them then nodded off as he waited for the food. 

“Alright,” Cody said in reply before taking the empty bowl from Ave and then going back to the kitchen to make more. Once it was made, he went back over to the couch where he had left the former and had him eat the other batch of broth.

~•~°~•~

Alivia reached over for one of Edward’s hands after he had fallen asleep and held it while looking out of the window.

The maid came back a little while later with a tray of food and set it on a small table beside Alivia‘s bed before leaving again.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery drank that down too, slower this time then yawned. He settled into the couch that still smelled of Cody and his eyes drifted closed. "Honey.. can you sing or tell me a story? It doesn't have to be good... I just want to hear your voice...." He mumbled trying to stay awake. 

---

Edward's hand twitched and tightened around hers as he woke to the smell of food and sat up digging the heal of his palm into his eye. "Mmmnnn ....hmmm..." It sounded like he was trying to say thank you but his tongue and mouth wouldn't move. He grabbed a bit of food and started to eat it, all the while not letting go of Alivia's hand. 

Cody took the empty bowl back to the kitchen and put it in the sink before going back over to Ave. “Sure I can try,” he said in reply to the request of either singing or telling a story before telling a story he remembered his mom telling him when he was younger.

~•~°~•~

Alivia smiled a bit when she felt his hand tighten around hers before nodding when she heard his attempt at saying ‘thank you’ before also starting to eat some of the food that was brought for them by the maid with her free hand.

Edited by SkySong278

Halfway through the story he fell asleep. He was out for a few hours waking up in the evening and sitting up to change the wrappings on his hands.

--

Edward ate in silence, comfortable and content with the quiet between them. When full he leaned on the bed resting his torso on the mattress and fell asleep.

--

Zane woke up and let the nurse change his wrappings on his hands and started eating the cold soup she brought for the two of them. 

Cody had fallen asleep after he had officially finished his story and was still dozing when Ave woke up to rewrap his hands. He woke up briefly to go to the other couch nearby and then fell back asleep soon after.

~•~°~•~

Alivia finished her fill of the food as well, also enjoying the companionable silence between them while doing so and then also fell asleep a bit after that by just closing her eyes. She was propped up by the pillow she laid down on so she just had to close her eyes which she did.

~*~•~*~

Alex woke up a few minutes after Zane did, rubbing her eyes a bit before also starting to eat the soup that the nurse brought for them. “I love you,” she said after swallowing a bite of the soup and then continued eating it soon after.

Avery cleaned and dressed the wounds, then drew himself a bath throwing out his clothes in a burn pile. It was tainted by dark magic, and too stained to be worn anymore. He filled a large dish with water and set it in the bathroom with him so isabo could clean herself too. 

--

A maid came in to check on them. Seeing them both asleep, she covered the Prince with a blanket and took the empty cup, the tray of food and tucked Alivia in more before leaving with the dishes. 

--

Zane smiled brightly. The first time in a while since he got sick and after his father's death. "I love you too mi Reina."  He had finished his meal and now was rubbing Bunny's belly.

Cody woke up a little after Ave went to get some bath water ready and got up before stretching and then heading to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for the both of them.

~•~°~•~

Alivia shifted her position slightly after she was tucked in a bit more to be laying on her side while the hand that was holding one of Edward’s still held onto it.

~*~•~*~

Alex smiled a bit happily when she heard his response before finishing eating her own soup. “So you’re going with Ave to Prince Edward and Lady Alivia’s beach date in a few weeks? Would it be okay if I sent you some letters while you’re there?” she asked as she tried to make small conversation as she petted Bunny’s head.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery relaxed in the tub and scrubbed himself before the water is made him drowsy and he slumped over falling back asleep again. Isabo cherped and tried to wake him up as he slowly slid down near the water. Isabo started clawing at the door to alert Cody.

-----

"Your highness-! Oh...." A doctor came barging in about an hour later. The sudden noise made Edward sit upright. "Charming come fair maiden!" He said as he woke up blinking. "Wha-? " He yawned. "Oh doctor. Good news I take it?"

"Yes sir, every man woman and child who has the sickness or was in contact with those who where sick are cured. I mixed up two scales in a pot of tea and we have about four scales left over from the big pot and only using two for each pot we made. "

"Good... I'll take them back to the mage. She gave strict instructions for them to be locked up and protected. They are not easy to come by and I don't want her to sully her hands again for the price it took to get these scales. " He said slowly as his brain woke up more. 

((you forgot about Zane))

Cody had just finished making breakfast for the both of them when he heard a scratching sound under the bathroom door. He frowned a bit before heading there and upon opening the door, he saw Ave start sliding down towards the bath water while falling asleep. He went over and gently pulled him out before drying him off with a towel that was there.

~•~°~•~

Alivia woke up a bit when she heard Edward and a doctor talking to her right. She rubbed her eyes some with her free hand just as she heard the rest of the conversation. “Oh? The rest of the kingdom has been cured of the sickness?” she asked tiredly as she tried to wake up a bit more.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery woke up when the cold air suddenly hit him. "I fell asleep in the tub again didn't I? Wait... " He realized his boyfriend was the one drying him off and not his mom or sister and yelped, flushed and snagged the towel wrapping it around himself. "Phoenix feathers! You didn't see anything did you? I know we're both guys but..  we're dating and... Improper.." he squeaked turning red from his neck to his ears. 

-----

"Just this Provence my lady" the doctor said. "I sent messenger eagles to other areas to do the same technique and they got back saying they haven't gotten their scales yet. Only this place and the capital is cured right now. "

Edward stood up slowly and although weak and sickly, appears much like a prince. "Thank you for the information. Now that you are hear, can you check Alivia and see if she is strong enough to venture outside? We both could use some sun. "

---

"Yes I am. I think it'll be okay, but it's only for a couple days and nights. We are mainly chaperones, and it shouldn't be too long. A week at most. Hopefully we've all recovered by that time. And it'll give you time to get your bridesmaids fitted and your dress fitted. Mother says it's finally done.  She wants to make roses out of cloth so we could always keep a momento of our special day. " He said. "Hmmm... And girls or boys, our children would be the greatest and fiercest swordfighters around. "

“Yes and no, I didn’t see anything. As soon as I took you out of the tub I immediately wrapped you in a towel to dry you off,” Cody said in reply to both of his questions before seeing how he reacted. He gently put his hand on one of his shoulders before pulling away again shortly afterward.

~•~°~•~

Alivia nodded before saying in understanding, “Okay.” She then heard everything Edward said and asked and looked a bit hopeful at what the doctor would say about her. “Even if I can venture outside for some exercise I’m sure that I’ll be a bit wobbly on my feet since it’s been a week since I last used them properly,” she said but still had the hopeful expression on her face all the same.

~*~•~*~

“Oh okay. I wasn’t aware that it was only going to be that short of a time that you and Ave would be gone. I’ll still send you letters around that time to let you know how Bunny and I are doing. I can’t wait but I hope Ave gets fitted before he goes on the date. He’ll be gone around the time I and the other bridesmaids will get fitted,” she said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said regarding their kids. “True. Both of our lines have great swordsman and we can teach them all that they need to know, including the adopted ones.”

Edited by SkySong278

Avery breathed a sigh of relief and walked from the bathroom behind the screen splitting his bedroom from the rest of the wearhouse and changed into a nightgown. He then sat down and ate a little of bread and jam for a brunch. "Is the plant gone?" He asked.

----

The doctor looked her over after Edward left the room and cleared her for a short walk outside, only with a cane or something to support her weakened legs. 

Edward was outside leaning on his sword looking down the road. His face expressionless and eyes distant like he was thinking of something, or not thinking at all.

-----

"And they can choose to be knights or not. I can't wait for our marriage then I can call you my wife in shinning armor." He chuckled and got up. "Mum said Avery has been very diligent about his bridesmaid duties. Mum is the only other one that knows that he crossdresses but it didn't really shock her at all. Apparently a tailor shop is like a bartender at a pub. Ladies and gentlemen spill secrets to their tailors all the time. Mother made a comment that I'm very quiet when in fitting that she felt like she was stitching around a mannequin." He shook his head. 

Cody smiled a bit when he noticed that Ave calmed down a bit at the news that he hasn’t seen anything embarrassing before moving to the kitchen while the former went behind a screen to put on a nightgown. “I made a breakfast of eggs and toast for us,” he said when he noticed him getting a piece of bread and some jam to have for brunch before he got out a plate and put some of the eggs on it before getting a piece of toast and putting some butter on it afterward. “Yes I burned it,” he said after he sat down with his plate and tea at the table.

~•~°~•~

Alivia waited patiently for the doctor’s assessment and when it came and she learned that she could go outside, she grew a bit happy before having a maid fetch her a cane. When it was brought to her soon after, she carefully got out of bed, and then started to walk towards the door that led outside after she had gotten her bearings with the cane. When she got outside, she located Edward, and stood beside him.

~*~•~*~

“Mhm and I can’t wait to call you my husband in shining armor. Hm knight in shining armor sounds better...,” she said in reply while also getting up and stretching a bit before hearing everything else he said. “That’s good and actually he’s going to be my maid of honor. I think you’ve told me before that she knows and that’s interesting. I had no idea about that. Sometimes you are very quiet dear so I’m not surprised,” she said before wrapping her arms around him from behind. “What should we do now?”

Edited by SkySong278

"I don't want to chance throwing up again. Animal products with unicorn hair after magic depletion is a bad combination. Thanks for the offer though." He said taking a bite of the strawberry jam covered piece of bread. "Good. It can't spread it's toxins anymore. The scales have been sent out, Zane and Edward are cured, and now I can focus on my bridesmaid duties. Flowers.. I need to speak with Alex on that, Rayna wants to make fake ones of cloth for the bride's bouquet. I'm thinking white carnations with blue forget-me-not's , purity and love, and true love. Or maybe irises, for faith, valor and wisdom with roses or lilies...." He muttered as isabo cherped something to him and brought a quill and book so he can write down the ideas. 

----

Edward spoke softly. "Do you think you could handle being a queen?" He asked. "I haven't stopped to think about how you would feel being royalty. It isn't easygoing and you'll need to take classes you probably don't want to attend just to be prepared as a queen. It's a big burden... Even I am not ready yet and I have been training for the crown since birth nearly twenty years ago. " He still looked in the distance as he spoke.

----

Zane smiled folding his arms around hers. "I'd prefer to be called your red Knight. My armor isn't exactly shinny although you can be my knight in shining armor.  I like to think that words without action isn't as impactful. Fancy speeches and colorful words are not my strong suit. Besides, I like listening to the words of others, especially if they are yours." He said with a grin. "Should we go check on Avery or visit your family to let them know that I'm okay? My mom definitely. I know she was worried sick. "

“Oh okay and you’re welcome,” he said in reply before starting to eat his scrambled eggs. He swallowed a few bites of his eggs before hearing the rest of what Ave said. “Mhm and that’s very good. I thought you’re going to be Alex’s maid of honor. That’s a good idea and I bet she’d like hydrangeas the best. I hear that they’re her favorite flower,” he said before eating the rest of his breakfast.

~•~°~•~

“I think I can. It’ll be a bit difficult and yes I’ll probably have to take classes to help but that won’t be any different than being a lady. They’ll be more difficult than my lady classes but it’ll be worth it,” Alivia said in reply before looking over at him with a small frown. “What are you saying? D-Do you no longer want to be with me?” she asked before looking away and into the distance to hide her tears that were threatening to fall.

~*~•~*~

“I can call you that sure but red can be shiny, too. You just have to polish it to make it so. I’d like that. Oh, and really?” Alex said and asked in reply with a blush on her cheeks especially after she asked what she did before hearing his own question that was a suggestion of what they could do. “Sure we can and maybe we can ride Toro and Spot there. I’m sure she was and I’m sure Ave will want to know I’m fine as well.”

Edited by SkySong278

Avery blinked. "It's just a bridesmaid who helps with wedding details. And I'm her brother, I know that's her favorite but to go with her favorite color it would have to be blue meaning vanity or frigidness. Zane is a gardener, he knows the flower language so I don't think that's the kind of message my sister wants to send as she walks down the aisle. White ones are boasting and bragging. It'll have to be pink or purple and both of those colors would clash horribly with her dress style." He said chewing on his thin thumbnail. "It's bad luck to have a bouquet of bad flowers in a wedding. They already had enough bad luck, I'm not chancing anything. Rayna isn't either, she keeps the bride's dress under lock and key. Only three people know how it looks and that's me, my sister and her. Her favorite color is blue so I'm trying to go with a blue and white theme with a splash of red for Zane. " He said staring off in thought.

----

"No nononono no not at all!" He said blinking back to reality. "I was saying that I've been preparing for being King my whole life and even I am not ready for that responsibility. I will understand if you felt the same... I'm just.." he rubbed the back of his neck. "Feeling a little insecure. " 

-----

"I'm sure they'll like that. Now I'm sure he'll like to see you recovered, but can we see my mum first? " He asked getting up and going outside. With his fingers to his lips he let out a shrill whistle. Five minutes later Toro came up dragging along spot without their livery on, just bridals. 

“Oh okay and I understand that now. I’m sure she’ll like whatever you come up with as an idea for the flowers. I also can’t wait to see both of your dresses,” Cody said in reply before starting to clean up their breakfast dishes.

~•~°~•~

“Oh and I understand that now. I’m a bit nervous but that’s understandable and I’m sure you’ll make a great King for the kingdom. I just hope that I’ll make a great queen that can be at your side. I don’t feel completely insecure just mostly nervous,” she said in reply before taking one of his hands in one of hers and squeezing it a bit in a comforting way. “Shall we walk around?”

~*~•~*~

“Okay and of course,” she said in reply before following him outside before he whistled for Toro who had Spot in tow. She approached Spot and got up onto his back before starting to lead the way towards his mom’s place.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery nodded. "I can't wait to see you in a suit. You're Zane's best man, you have duties too!" He said as he started on the list of flowers for the table settings. 

----

He looked at their hands and held hers back with a gentle grip. "Sure." He said softly and letting her set the pace, he hobbled alongside her leaning on his sword. 

----

Zane mounted and followed her. "Toro easy. I know you want to run boy but I'm not one hundred percent better. " He said patting the pale horse's neck as he had to slow down for the trotting was too bouncy for his sore body. 

“You saw me in a suit, though at the ball but I’ll probably be wearing a different color this time. I do and I’ll have to ask Zane later what I can help with if he needs anything,” Cody said in reply before going over to the couch and reading a bit so he had something to do.

~•~°~•~

She nodded and led the way around the outside of her house while also wobbling a bit with her cane since she was a bit unsteady after being bedridden for a week.

~*~•~*~

Alex felt Spot want to go a bit faster and also told him to slow down a bit due to her still recovering some but did it telepathically. When they reached his mom’s place a little while later, she dismounted carefully, and then headed towards the door without worrying that Spot would run off because she knew he wouldn’t.

Edited by SkySong278

"Oh no love, this is a different style and a bit more formal then what you had on. " He said and circled four types of flowers, bluebells, baby's breath, white carnations and a single red Poppy. 

----

They made it down the road a little bit before he stopped to rest a bit. "The flowers look lovely." He said nodding twords a field of wildflowers a few horses grazed in. 

----

Zane did the same, opening the back gate so Toro could go back and graze if he wanted. He dug out his key after seeing the closed sign up and unlocked the door stepping inside. "Mum? I'm better, the cure worked!" A scream sounded and he immediately dashed for the stairs as his mom flung herself down them tackling him and she held him sobbing kissing all over his face. "My baby, mi Mijo! You're alive you're alive!" She had lost weight from fasting and praying.

“Oh right. I guess I’ll splurge a bit then and get a bit of a nicer suit. I have plenty of time to get it so I’m not that worried,” he said in reply as he looked briefly up from the book he was reading before having his attention go back to being on the page he was on.

~•~°~•~

She stopped as well when he did and looked at the flowers he was referring to that the horses were grazing in nearby. “They are but they’re not as beautiful as the ones in your mom’s garden,” she said in reply as she looked at them and the horses and saw hers close to the fence a bit further down from where they (Alivia and Edward) currently were.

~*~•~*~

Alex followed him inside after he got the key to his mom’s house/sewing shop out of his pocket and unlocked the door. She heard the scream as well after he called into the house for his mom and also dashed over to the stairs, but a bit behind him. The worry that had been on her face before then faded when she saw her soon to be mother-in-law tackle her fiancé while kissing all over his face in happiness. “I’m also better but still feel a bit weak,” she said as she stood a bit of to the side so as not to get in the way of the happy reunion.

Edited by SkySong278

He put down his quill. "You mean to tell me you didn't once go to Rayna's shop and see the suit she made for you? She's doing the entire wedding party! Like hell I'm gonna let you get something else after the hard work she put into yours. " He said softly.

----

"She takes good care of it, and father gives her a plant every year for her birthday and their anniversary. I'm partial to wildflowers. I always liked them." He said and headed to her horse. "You have a wonderful mount, what's her name?"

---

Rayna pulled her down and kissed her too. "And I'm happy for both my children being safe and well again! I'm so happy my prayers have been answered!" He hugged them both tightly.

“I might have but I forget if I have. Sorry and okay. I’ll make sure to go back to get it fitted if it needs any,” he said in reply with slightly raised eyebrows at his tone before having his attention go back to being on his book afterward.

~•~°~•~

“I can tell and that’s really nice of him to do. Me too as well as ones you can plant in a garden like hydrangeas, roses and cosmos,” she said before following him over to where her horse grazed nearby. “Thanks and her name is Yue because she’s white in color and reminds me of the moon,” she said in reply to both his statement and question.

~*~•~*~

She kissed her back on the cheek and then hugged her back shortly after she hugged both of them after also hearing everything she said. “I’m glad that I’m mostly well again as well,” she said with a smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278