SkySong278

A Knight's Story

When Alex got back to her and Zane’s house, she went to the couch in the den and laid down on it while falling asleep a little while afterward. She wanted to rest some so that she could start feeling better as well although she wasn’t as bad off as Zane and Edward were. She just didn’t feel completely like herself which she hated.

~•~•~•~

Cody opened his eyes again awhile later and rubbed them some before asking and saying a bit groggily from his laying down position on the couch, “What time will you be leaving in the morning? I’d like to see you off, if you’d let me.”

Edited by SkySong278

Avery turned and smiled at him dropping the illusion and walked over takeing his temperature. "About five thirty in the morning. It'll be almost dusk there, and she likes the cover of night to come get me at the halfway point, plus that's when the bandits leave the caves to attack travelers. It only takes us a few minutes to get back to her cave she's so fast. Good news! Your fever is completely gone! Do you feel a little better? " He asked kneeling at Cody's side. "I'll wake you up then. No way I'm leaving without a goodbye kiss. Zane is coming with me to preform the spell. " He informed his lover with a small kiss on Cody's nose. 

--

Zane woke up after along two hour nap blinking as the light came in. Wait.. light! He allowed his eyes to adjust a little bit more realizing that he can see. Still a little bit fuzzy around the edges but he thought that would clear up when he rested some more. The first thing he did, was put on his wedding ring. Now that the sweating and the swelling went down some,he could fit it back on his finger looking at it with admiration and rubbing his thumb over the familiar band he has grown so used to having on. He was eagerly waiting for his wedding day. He and Alex had started to make the inventions when he fell ill. 

A cry sounded and the falcon flew in his open widow dropping a familiar looking cat on his bed gently. Mewing, the cat crawled up and snuggles under his chin purring. The bird cherped. "I can't understand you isabo, but I'm guessing you said Bunny missed me? I missed him too. Hi baby..." He said softly giving the cat scritches behind the ears.

“Wow that’s a bit early. I understand why and sounds like it. Sounds like a good plan and I’d appreciate you waking me up because I doubt that I’d be able to get up that early on my own or I’ll just have a hard time doing so,” Cody said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said. “Oh that’s very good news and yes I do somewhat. I’m glad Zane will be going with you to get the spell performed and maybe help keep you protected,” he said in reply to the last few statements before he felt the kiss against his nose. He kissed him back but on the cheek.

~•~•~•~

Alex woke up herself about three hours later after her own long nap and sat up before stretching a bit. She then stood up and stretched out her back a bit before heading out and towards where Zane and Edward were still being quarantined. When she got there, she saw Isabo on the windowsill and Zane awake and petting Bunny. “Hello. Yes that’s what she said. Are you feeling better mi amor?” she said and asked in greeting with a smile before seeing that he was wearing his wedding ring again which meant that his fingers were no longer swollen and that was good news. She sat down on the edge of his bed before gently petting Bunny as well, but along his back and then to his tail.

»»•««

Alivia had gotten a bit tired of the worried expressions around her as well as doctors being around her all the time and now wanted to get up and go outside for a bit of fresh air. She was feeling well enough to do so but then just sighed when she was told that she couldn’t. She asked a maid for a pen and paper and once she had gotten them, wrote a letter to Edward where he was quarantined. She wrote that all the constant attention was now getting a bit tiresome and she wanted to go outside, but her parents and the doctors wouldn’t let her although she was feeling well enough to do so. She also wrote that if he was feeling better, if it would be possible for him to come rescue her from being smothered. She ended the letter with Love, Alivia with a heart next to her name before asking for a messenger who she gave the letter to and he was on his way in getting it delivered.

After a little while later of riding, he reached the quarantined room before knocking on the door and then entering it shortly afterward. Alex looked up from Bunny to him and then went over to him asking since she could tell he was a bit out of breath, “Is it a message for Prince Edward?” When he nodded, she nodded back in response before walking it over to where Edward was. “A message came for you, Your Highness. It might be from Lady Alivia.”

Edited by SkySong278

Avery rolled his eyes at Cody's words. "I'm a mage silly. I can protect myself. He'd still be very weak. I'm more worried about you getting better. Just rest okay? And let me cuddle with you. My stomach is in knots over this spell and you always calm me down...." He said squeezing onto the couch and curled up in Cody's side head in his chest. 

----

Zane focused on Alex. "Mi Reina y mi amada! Si I am doing better. I can see you now. As beautiful as ever..." He said holding out a hand for her to take when the messenger came in. 

"Really? Give it here! What did my lady say?!" Edward took the letter eagerly, glad he could finally see well enough to read now. His brow creased with worry as he read the letter. "She's..... Being smothered by her family and doctor. She says she feels fine and wants to go outside. All she has is a...... A rash.... And some swelling .... Oh no. She... She's got the..." The prince, in a very ungraceful manner started to sob as the realization occurs to him that she was sick too. He tried to stand up but collapsed having been bedridden for nearly two weeks. " I have to go to her!" 

“I know but I’ll feel better knowing that you won’t be alone. Of course and I’ll be happy to have you cuddle with me,” Cody said in reply to everything Avery said before he felt the former squeeze onto the couch beside him. He (Cody) held him comfortingly while he (Avery) rested his (Avery) head on his (Cody) chest.

~•~•~•~

Alex nodded in reply to everything Edward said before she gave the letter to him as requested. She then went back over to Zane as the former read the letter aloud and said as another greeting to the latter with the smile back on her face, “Mi rey y mi querido. I’m glad and you’re just as handsome as ever. I love you.” She then took his offered hand with a small blush now on her cheeks before hearing Edward collapse and say what he did. She looked at him with concern and was about to let go of her love’s hand to check on him when the messenger did that instead.

“Are you alright Your Highness? I’ll help you get to your horse and we can go back there together,” he asked and said in reply while gently helping him stand back up.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery drew patterns on Cody's chest with his finger. "I think, I'll start dressing like a guy sometimes. Alex does it and it's started to trend. It..... I feel more confident now then I did before. " He said softly.

--

Zane struggled to get up too, using his sword as a cane he made it over to them on wobbly legs. He held out the weapon to the Prince. "You will go in a carriage and after you got a good night's sleep. You and I are still under quarantine and the doctor will be here to check up on us to see if Avery really found the cure. Only then can you go to her. " Zane said sternly. "Your hand is steady enough. Write back to her. The messenger would be rested after you composed your letter." He said helping Edward back onto his bed and handed him a tray with parchment and a quill. 

Edward glared at his guard for a moment then sighed in defeat. "It seems like your recovery is faster than mine. You're right, I'm still weak from the illness. I'll let her know I'll arrive tomorrow and hopefully there's some tea left. Or some soup. "He said softly.

He dipped the quill and started to write for a little bit, composing a page and a half to send to Alivia. 

“I’d be fine with that if you did. Really? I didn’t know it was starting to become a trend for women to wear men’s clothes and guessing Alex started it. In her job, she has to. I’m glad that you’re starting to feel more confident,” Cody said in reply to everything Avery said while enjoying the feeling of the former’s finger tracing patterns on his chest.

~•~•~•~

Alex grew concerned when she watched Zane get up on his own wobbly legs, but then that faded when she noticed him supporting himself with his sword as a cane. She then listened to everything he said to Edward and felt a bit sad that she’d have their house to herself for another day but understood why. “Will you be going with Ave in the morning? I heard he was leaving really early to set up the spell to head back to the desert. I’d like to see you off, if you’d like me to but you’ll have to wake me up first. I was thinking of sleeping here tonight in an extra bed and then head back to our house with Bunny after you leave,” she said when there was a break in their conversation.

The messenger got up again and stood off to the side while Zane talked to the prince, nodding in understanding that the latter wouldn’t be going to Lady Alivia’s place until tomorrow and the reason behind it. He let his breathing get back to being under control while he waited for the response letter to be finished being written.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery nodded and burrows his face on Cody's chest. "I'll send Zane back with the scales so the cure could start to being made. I'm sure there's going to be a doctor making sure my cure actually works. I think this was a desert sickness... Probably from the plants the queen received. Toxic plants... Dragon scales.. ah! It's called Alcor's sickness. There's a legend about the name, but it comes from a plant called Alcor's revenge, a glowing large snap dragon looking carnivorous plant found in the most remote parts of the Sahar desert. The queen received one as a anniversary gift from the king. He probably didn't know it was toxic in closed environments. I better send word to my master to dispose of the plant immediately." He said. He then hesitated and snapped his fingers, the pen springing to life and began writing, the page folding up and flying out the window as a crane. "I didn't want to get up. You're warm and comfortable.." he muttered.

-----

"Yes, I will be going with Avery tomorrow, the bed is big enough, all extra beds are occupied by the sick or nurses so you'll wake up when I do. I think Bunny would like to be home too. I think he missed us, his purrs got louder when you came in. " He said moving back to the bed and sitting on it petting the cat. 

"I did miss you so much mama. I miss home too. And cuddles with daddy. " The cat mews softly and started to lick Zane's hand curling up against him again. 

"I missed you too baby bunny. You've grown so much! Now nearly a healthy adult. Almost three months now. Another month and you'll be prowling for a lady cat." He chuckled and curled up on the bed with the cat tucked in by his belly. 

--

Edward finished the letter and handed it to the messenger. "Please take a horse from the stables,  your own must be tired, let it rest, it will be treated well and waiting for you when you return. Thank you for being so swift. " He said softly. 

Once the letter arrived to Alivia it detailed the plage and the symptoms, advising her to listen to the doctor and her parents for she was placed under quarantine like he was. He also informed her to not fret or worry about him or herself, a cure was discovered recently and more ingredients to make it would be gathered and sent back tomorrow. When it comes, he would personally deliver it to her and her province as the rest is distributed around the kingdom. 

Fear not my lady, I shall rescue you from your confinement tomorrow. Please stay safe. With all my love, Your dearest Edward.  He had ended the letter with those lines and a little heart on the curl of his cursive lower case d . A childish way to sign, but it was his child like innocence shinning through.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Cody smiled softly at Avery and ran his fingers through the former’s hair when he burrowed his (Avery) in his (Cody) chest before listening to everything he said about his plan about getting the ingredients for the cure back here for it to be made as well as the name of the sickness. He also heard what kind of plant it was and where it might have come from before hearing him say that he was going to send word to his master about getting rid of the toxic plant, but then didn’t feel him get up but heard him snap his fingers instead. He saw a pen start writing on a piece of parchment paper before it folded into a crane and flew away before hearing what Avery murmured.

“Glad you think so and I also didn’t really want you to get up either,” he said in reply softly before closing his eyes.

~•~•~•~

“Okay and I’m glad you’d still like me to sleep beside you although you’re not fully recovered. I’m not either but I’m not as sick as you were. Alright. Want me to go with you when you go with Avery? If not, I can just wait here with Bunny. I’m sure he would and I heard his purrs when I walked in,” she said in reply before smiling at the two. She then heard everything Bunny said and rubbed him slightly behind his ears. “He did miss you and home as well as cuddles with me,” she said before giggling softly when she heard what Zane said to Bunny and then also laying down beside him afterward.

»»•««

“Oh thank you Your Highness and you’re welcome,” the messenger said before leaving the quarantined area after receiving the response letter and going to the stables afterward. He got a horse and then rode back towards Alivia’s house.

Alivia had fallen asleep after she had sent the messenger with her letter to Edward for him to deliver it and now woke up a little while later. She sighed when her parents came back in to worry more about her health, but then perked up some when she saw that the messenger had come back with a response letter. She gingerly took it from him before opening it and reading it. She frowned a bit at reading it and had a look of concern on her face before just nodding slightly when she read the part about her not needing to be too concerned about him or her and then smiled when she read the very end of it when he said that he’d be there tomorrow to rescue her as well as him delivering the cure to her then as well and others in her province. She then set the letter aside before falling asleep again afterward, but this time with a smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery smiled at his comment. "Glad you're comfortable. " He said softly closing his eyes as well and started to humm softly. 

----

"I missed cuddling with you too." He said softly tucking a hair behind her ear. "You'll stay here. I need someone to watch my sword for me. If I bring it, it may be used in the spell by accident and I don't want to lose it. Plus I get he feeling that a dragon Slayer entering a cave of a mama dragon with little ones with a sword that has been bathed in dragons blood before wouldn't be a very good outcome for me and your brother.  If Avery is watching her young, it's because her mate has been killed. Dragons form a lifelong bond with each other. I want her to trust me. My family on my father's side would have hunts when one comes of age.  I refused to take part of the tradition, freeing the hippogriff caught in the trap. I didn't want to kill a beautiful creature. It's back end was a lovely champagne colored with black tail and almost silver hooves. The front end was a powerful black eagle. I hope she's out there somewhere enjoying life..." He trailed off.

--

Edward managed to get back into bed and held the letter to his chest. He was a hopeless romantic and was very happy that he found his true love. He fell asleep once more clutching the letter refusing to let go. 

“I did as well,” she said in reply while enjoying the feeling of him putting a piece of her hair behind one of her ears and before she listened to everything he said afterward. “I’ll do that and also look after Bunny while you’re gone. I understand. I’m glad you did that and maybe one day, we can try to go find her. I’m sure she’s very thankful to you for freeing her all those years ago,” she said in reply before kissing him on the cheek when he trailed off. “I love you mi amor. How many more days are left until our wedding?”

((I don’t have much to post for Cody and Alivia so that’s why I didn’t post as them))

Edited by SkySong278

"I would like that. To find that hippogriff again. Let's see, four months. Half the invitations where sent out to the farthest of my relations so they can get here on time. The rest need to be made for the family and friends closer to us. I count the moments left until we are husband and wife. For now, let us sleep... I got a early morning tomorrow so I need all the strength I can muster." He trailed off holding her close to him with Bunny separating their stomachs from touching being in between them. He fell asleep.

-----

Not even the summer birds made a peep this early in the morning, but still Avery rose from bed and lightly shook Cody awake. "I'm leaving now Beau. Take care and make sure that cure is spread out over the kingdom and that flower is burned. I must get Zane so I'm off." He whispered gently kissing his lips and forehead lightly. After saying his goodbyes he left, taking his horse to the house outside the castle wall and headed inside to see Zane already awake and dressed ready to go. 

Zane had gotten up without waking Alex and now leaned over her tucking his sword beside her before stroking her hair until she woke up slightly. "Adios mi amore. I'll see you later with the scales. Then you should drink a little bit to get better too. " He whispered in her ear tenderly and kissed the nape of her neck and then on her wedding band on her hand. "Sleep soundly and dream of sweet things while I'm gone."

“We can do that later, maybe when we’re wed. That’s still such a long time but I guess I can wait that long. That’s good and maybe we can get those sent out soon like tomorrow or the next day. I try to do that but I sometimes lose track of where I am in counting the days and months left until our big day. Okay sounds good,” she said in reply before resting her head on his shoulder shortly after he held her close to him and then fell asleep.

»»•««

Cody woke to Avery gently shaking him before hearing everything he said afterward. “I’ll try and I’ll also see you when you return. Alright and what flower? Okay,” he said in asked in reply before he was kissed lightly on both the lips and forehead. He returned both before falling back asleep after the former left.

Alex woke slightly to the feeling of Zane gently stroking her hair. “Adios and yes I’ll see you later. I will because I want to get better. I don’t like being sick,” she said in reply to everything he said before feeling both the kiss on the nape of her neck as well as on her wedding band. “I’ll dream of you and the family we’ll have.” She said this last statement before Ave came for Zane and when he did, she had already fallen back asleep while holding the latter’s sword against her under the covers.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane smiled softly. "Sounds like a wonderful dream. I'll be home soon." He whispered then left with Avery. 

--

When the duo arrived with the bag of armor and weapons Star wasn't too happy about seeing another person there.  She grew furious hearing Avery's explanation and his plan to the point where her venom dripped onto the weapons, then her anger calmed a little bit seeing no damage was done to the metal.

"I will accept this. All my clutch has hatched and Alcor's curse is very potent. Humans here know not to touch it, and migrate when winds change near the mountains to avoid it. But are you certain he is a dragon Slayer's child?  He doesn't smell like death of magic."

She said narrowing her eyes at Zane. 

Zane, having no clue what was said, had a gut feeling that it was about him and he knelt on the hot sand. "Great and Noble dragon, the people of my country are dieing. I myself nearly fell prey to the sickness if it wasn't for Avery and the hatchling scales you gave him.  These items are of my family heirlooms, a few of many, a few from the dark and bloody past my ancestors carry. I give these willingly to you and your family, in hopes they will protect the young and spare them from pain. I do not want to walk in my family's footsteps. I am freely giving my blood, and grovelling before you not even a full day after being on my deathbed. I beg you to help my people, my family and friends.... and My soulmate who are affected by this plague. " He said softly.

Avery was quiet while Star mulled over his words. "Ask him, is he willing to give his life for his people and this soulmate of his."  She instructed Avery. Once the words, 'give your life' left Avery's mouth, Zane said yes. Another moment longer and Star accepted.

---

It was near in the morning when Zane appeared with a sack on his back and a wrapping on both his hands. The spell was a success, Avery only getting a bloody nose and throwing up a couple times but it went well. 

He stumbled in the room and sat down, the Prince was up and had a list of how many people where quarantined around the region and immediately started to count the scales into a different sack for Alivia's Provence and left once he double checked, adding a few more in case more cases had been added and hadn't been reported yet.  Then Edward left to see his Lady, still walking around like a newborn fawn and awfully thin but he just had to see her.

Alex smiled softly in her sleep when she heard what he said before he left while continuing to sleep.

»»•««

Awhile later when she heard him come back and sit down on the bed she woke up slightly before asking tiredly, “Mi amor? How’d it go?” She then started coughing a bit after she asked what she did and then blinked a bit tiredly afterward. She looked at his hands and grew a bit concerned, but didn’t ask about what happened to them since she figured that it was part of the spell that Ave did.

~*~•~*~

After Ave had left and Cody fell back asleep a couple of hours after that, he had woken up and burned the flower like the former had told him to do and tried his best to distribute the cure around to all of the people that were infected in their kingdom. After he had done that, he went back to the warehouse and read on the couch. He was still reading there when Avery got back.

~•~°~•~

Alivia had been woken up earlier by her doctor and parents for them to check on how she was doing as well as to take her temperature and some other things, making her a bit unhappy. She sighed, hoping that Edward would get there soon so that she could finally get up and no longer have to deal with the unnecessary attention. Her face then got a hopeful and excited expression when she heard a knock come from the front door, thinking it was Edward.

A maid went to answer it and found the prince there before letting him in after greeting him while curtsying (if that’s okay but I can edit if you didn’t want him to be there yet).

Edited by SkySong278

Zane had a cup of tea brought to him immediately and crushed a scale. "Avery got sick a couple times and it took more out of him then he expected and more blood from me then we thought but it went well. The dragon was very happy about her babies getting better protection then the soft baby scales they have. Drink mi amore. Avery said with him being weakened by the spell, your health will weaken as well. I want to see you healthy first before anything else." He said handing her the cup after stirring in the powdered scales. 

------

Avery fell into the room. He had cut his hair in the messy pixie style he liked before he left. Grunting he crawled further into the room and to the bathroom leaning against the wall that the toilet was by. His nose was still bleeding, eyes bloodshot and his hands where poorly wrapped in with cuts on his hands and wrists. He spat blood into the toilet. "Dark magic sucks butt. Who would ever enjoy doing that? Gods of old I feel like death. Ughhhhhhhhhh..... Herk. " He vomited again, more dry heaving and bike then anything. 

---

Edward rushed in and called for water to be boiled for tea but no tea added yet. He then pulled a single scale out and handed it to the maid. "Mix this in the water when you pour a cup for lady Alivia. I'll be in her room." He said stumbling over the threshold and down to her room knocking on her door before entering. He was pale, dark circles under his vibrant green eyes and his golden hair was lank with sweat and pale from lack of sun. His clothes hung off of him, having lost weight from the fever, his belt being on the fourth to last notch just to keep them up. Still, this didn't stop the relived smile spreading across his face and him bowing down with a wobble. "Your valiant prince charming has come to rescue you my lady." He took three steps into the room and collapsed. "So exhausted. I've been bedridden for the past week or so... My nurse insisted on a carriage but that would be too slow. Can I just rest here for a minute? Your cure I being prepared..."

Alex took the cup of tea Zane had gotten for her after listening to everything he said. She adopted a look of concern on her face when she heard about Avery’s health being weakened due to the spell he did as well as Zane having to give a bit more blood than was originally planned. “Is he going to be okay and do you still have the salve he gave you for the scar on your hand? Maybe that’ll help heal your hands from giving blood for the spell,” she said in reply before nodding and drinking a bit of the tea he had prepared for her so that she can get better.

~*~•~*~

Cody turned when he heard Ave fall into the room and then rushed to him after putting his book back down on the coffee table’s surface. He could only watch as the former crawled towards a wall that was close to the bathroom before hearing everything he said as well as him getting sick. “Anything I can do to help you get better?” he asked with the concerned expression on his face before going to the kitchen to get a wet cloth to put on his boyfriend’s forehead.

~•~°~•~

Alivia looked towards her room door when she heard the knock on it and when she saw Edward standing in the doorway. She saw his gaunt and sweaty appearance but didn’t react much because she looked about the same as he did. She had lost a bit of weight herself and she could feel the sweat dripping off of her which made her a bit embarrassed and wanted to take a bath to be clean again. “I’m glad,” she said in reply with a smile on her own face before it faded a bit to turn into one of concern when she watched him collapse. That look then faded a bit as well when she heard his explanation before saying in reply to both his first statement and question before hearing the last statement that was trailed off, “I have as well but I haven’t gotten a chance yet to see if I can walk around due to my parents and doctor not letting me get out of my bed. Of course and I’ll be happy to take it. I want to get better.”

Edited by SkySong278

((I edited in Avery.))

"He did have the salve. I don't think it'll scar, he cut it just enough to get blood. It's good. I have too many scars, although I'd give my life up if it ment saving you and the kingdom. How many children did you dream of? " He said changing the subject tying a bag of scales and handing it to a messenger to deliver it to another Provence.

---------

Edward got to his feet and collapsed on the chair beside her. "I was so worried I'd never get to see you again. The fever robbed me of my sight. I look so undignified right now, but I don't care!" He took her hand in his, trembling. "You'll get better today. Oh here's the tea. Drink it all, it may taste like sand and salt water but it's the only cure. Zane and our brilliant mage Avery used a dark magic spell to get the scales from baby dragons without hurting them. She's very admirable for doing so. Sounds like it took a lot out of her." He said softly. "I hope you and Avery have a good relationship. The queen is usually quite close to the mage for diplomatic reasons and it helps the dynamic of the kingdom. At least that's what mother says." He said softly. 

((I added in Cody))

“Oh and that’s good. Please don’t say that. I’d be sad if you did that and so will our future kids. Hm I remember seeing six running around and an additional one hiding as they played hide and seek so a total of seven,” she said in reply and was glad for the subject change for she was close to tears. She drank the tea as she watched him tie a bag of scales closed before handing it to a messenger.

The messenger took it and quickly got his horse before heading to another province to deliver it there so that the people that lived there could be cured of the sickness.

~•~°~•~

Alivia squeezed his hand to convey comfort when she heard what he said about him being worried about possibly not seeing her again and the reason for that. “I’m glad that was only temporary and that I could see you again as well as hearing that I’ll get better today since our beach date is coming up soon and I was also worried that it might not happen due to this sickness happening suddenly. I remember Avery from the ball and she was also a chaperone on our first date when we had spaghetti in the garden. I hope she gets better soon,” she said in reply to everything he said before taking a few gulps of the tea that he had gotten prepared for her.

Edited by SkySong278

"A big family. A lot of mouths to feed. We are young, but that many children would take a toll on your body. You might not be able to fight after four. " He said worriedly. "I love you fighting by my side. We can always adopt more." He said pressing his forehead against hers. 

-----

Avery took a few breaths quiet for a moment. "A broth with unicorn hair and pixie dust. A vegetable broth. Carrots, peas and corn. The recipe is in my cook book under magic and stamina replenishment. Follow it to the letter. That may stop the puking and the negative affects of the magic. " He stopped to take a few more breaths. "It's something non magic users can do. Ingredients are clearly labeled. " He mumbled. 

--

"Me too. Zane is used to pushing his body. Avery is delicate and more feminine then her sister. And from what I hear magic is used as ones strength, and saps it too if used too much. Zane said she was throwing up. Dark magic is dangerous and in some countries illegal to practice. In Sahara, where life is respected... What she did was highly illegal. If they find out our mage did even one dark spell, especially on their grounds despite the good that it did, they will cut all ties with our country. Our treaty is delicate as it is. Word must not get out." 

“Okay so two or three of our own and then the rest will be adopted. I love fighting by your side as well. Maybe we can have them a few years apart which might be a bit easier on me and my body perhaps,” she said in reply as she looked into his eyes after he rested his forehead against hers.

~*~•~*~

“Okay I’ll get started on that right now,” Cody said in reply after hearing everything he said regarding what might help him. He went to the kitchen, found the cookbook, got out the ingredients, and put the soup together after following the recipe to the letter like he was instructed to do. After he was done, he poured a bit of it into a bowl, got out a spoon, and then brought it over to Avery afterward.

~•~°~•~

“Wow sounds like she did a lot to help cure everyone. I definitely won’t tell anyone what she did and I’ll make sure everyone here won’t either,” Alivia said in reply with a nod before taking another sip of the tea and then making a small disgusted face at the taste. “You were right. It does taste like what you said it would but I’m already feeling better after drinking it.”

Edited by SkySong278

"that sounds like a plan I can get behind." He said looking into her eyes. "I'm glad you switched places with your brother. I would have never met you otherwise. " He said kissing her softly. 

---------

Avery took the bowl and sipped it straight from the bowl not needing the spoon. He set the bowl down as color returned to his cheeks and the nose bleeding stopped. He looked a little relived. "Help me to the couch? I want to sleep..." He said trying to stand on wobbly legs.

-----

"That's good. I probably shouldn't walk so soon, ridding here took a lot out of me. I was in the last stages of the fever, literally a few hours before I succumb to the sickness. Hard ridding the day after without a meal and working up my strength is a little tough on my body but I wanted to get here to help you. .... I... I love you so much already....I don't want to lose you." He said looking at her, the first time he said he loved her. 

((okay :)))

“I’m glad and we probably would have crossed paths eventually as well as met under different circumstances. I probably would have run away from the convent just after the second day to get to the palace to see my brother and maybe we probably would have switched places at that time but I’m glad we met,” she said in reply before kissing him back just as softly as he did her.

~*~•~*~

Cody put the spoon away after seeing Ave drink the soup straight from the bowl before going back over to him once it was put away. “Sure,” he said in reply to the former’s question before going over to him and helping him get over to the couch. He was glad when he noticed that his cheeks had gotten their color back and also that his nose had stopped bleeding after he had drunk the soup.

~•~°~•~

“I can ask a maid to bring you some food to eat and maybe you can take a small nap here before you head back. I’m glad you came to help me,” she said in reply as she looked back into his eyes before she heard the very last statement he said which caused a small blush to form on her cheeks. “I-I love you too,” she stuttered out in reply while continuing to look into his eyes.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane finished the last bag and leaned back to lay down. His stomach complained loudly but he was too tired to eat. "I am tired." He said softly.

-----

Avery broke the magic circle of the cold air around the couch and laid down on it. He removed his bloody shirt, and slipped off the pants pulling a blanket over himself. "No comment on my haircut?" He said sleepily running a hand through his now short hair. 

----

Edward nodded in graditude before taking her hand and kissing it softly emerald green eyes never leaving her own. "My only thought was to see you again. I'm glad you wrote to me. It was nice hearing from you."