ShadowMonster

Nalom

Rain heard phill approach the tree and heard the scraping and creaking as he entered. Hearing the sound of cloth moving across the tarp was a ear cringing noise. Shivering a little rain felt the heat radiating from him. It was conforting. Taking in a beep breath he picked up the smell off blood but that was something to be expected from the noise he had heard.

Still rain wanted to talk, to say anything to breath the silence that consumed them. Not knowimg how he did it the most straight forward and truthful way he could.

"Sorry, I realize that was just a accident but...... it felt weird. Im not good with words or people so sorry if this makes no scense. It wasnt bad I just wasnt expecting it. And your the first person I've had any sort of human relationship with besides Lucian my master. And he was a hard man to like, but I still loved him like a father . But is.....it..... normal to feel...... butterflies or snakes in you stomach when thats done to you." Rain turned over to look at phill as he talked rushing the end as his face light red again from embarrassment.

Edited by Acornia

David finished his meager dinner of plain rice and rye bread in silence. He was just listening to thesounds of the forest. Twice now he could make out the shapes of someone walking down the road or te sounds of a cart bouncing along. David set aside his pot and drew his gun. The small fire he built was still going but that was only becasue David had wandered off into the woods to find more fuel. He inspected his new weapon by the light of the fire. The outside was simple no markings other than the blacksmith's trademark. The grip was sanded wood with a iron end cap on the bottom . DAvid assumed that was for close combat bludgeoning force and thought it was a nice touch. It was a barrel loading gun so there were no seems for rear loading. The striker handle had a small, jagged crystal instead of a flint.

David thrust the tip of the barrel into the fire and scooped up some coals. Testing it in his hand, he relized that even if he fliped the gun on it's end, the ammo woud not fall out. David took aim at a nearby tree and pulled the trigger

BOOM the sound was like thunder fired from a cannon. The tip of his gun erupted into a fireball as the coals were ejected at high speeds into the trunk of the tree, showering the area in sparks before they twinkled out. There didn't seem to be a limit to what he could load into the gun. He honestly expected it to jam when he filled it with gravel and dirt earlier. It must have something to do with the magical ignition source the blacksmith told him about.

David holstered his gun and laid back on his blanket. It was getting chilly so he wrapped himself up in a caccoon, his head facing inward towards the small fire. He knew he would have to keep waking up to feed it but he had enough limbs to keep it going till morning. He closed his eyes and tried to get to sleep.

(((Timeskip?)))

(((Whenever you guys are done of course smile.gif )))

Edited by padfoot

Phill hated the sound the tarp made when he threw himself onto it but ignored it as best he could. He could feel the heat coming off of rain and quietly played in his hair. Phill moved slightly closer to Rain to listen to him as he began to speak.

"That's just it..i wanted to do it, whether i did it knowingly or not i wanted to lick you... I have never been good with people either and the last time i interacted with others before i met you was the bullies and before them my parents."

Phill looked at him with a deep blush across his face as he crawled back out towards the flame. "Usually the buterflies or snakes in your belly means that you love the person like as a mate though having it happen only when something is done to you may be just a reaction, i know the feeling all too well." Phill quickly put out the campfire and crawled back inside ending up mere inches from rain's face looking directly into his eyes before failing to turn over, biting his lips as he kept eye contact with rain.

rain lay there watching phills face for a couple of minutes before looking away. he couldn't hold his gaze for long, it was to embarrassing, taking in what he had said earlier into account he turned over facing away from phill. not that he couldn't see his face rain began to relax and drift of to sleep.

boom....

rain jerked with a start and lifted his head in the direction of the noise. it was the same noise from earlier so what ever had made it had yet to move on. hopefully it would be bedding down for the night and wouldn't bother him and phill. deciding that whatever it was didn't possess much of a threat at this point rain laid back down. he liked the comfort of phill being there and that even if anything did come they could handle it together. curling up rain let his mind wander back to the conversation from earlier as he drifted of to sleep. occasionally he would jerk awake or he would whine so much that his throat would hurt, bringing him back to reality. even so his nightmares weren't enough to keep his eyes from falling shut again.

((((( ready to time skin when your are voltage))))

Phill had heard the boom as well but simply chose to ignore it. He watched as rain fell asleep so close to him. Hearing the first whine phill wrapped completly around Rain, placing rains head to his chest while letting out soft comforting noises. Phill began to rub rains back before falling asleep while holding him.

((Ready when you are))

(((((( time skip))))))))

Rain awake the next morning burning up from the heat. He could feel phills arms wrapped around him as he sleeped holding rain in place. And the close proximity was roasting rain alive.

Rain pulled at phills arms so he could get up. They had a another day of traveling ahead of them amd another two after that.

"Come on"

Rain leaned foward pulling himself away from phill. Turning back to face him he pushed him gently with his food.

"You get the horses ready and I'll pack up the stuff." He said before turning away from Phill. He acted like nothing had happened and if phill didnt bring it up he wouldn't either. But he could only hope.

David"s eyes cracked open and imediatly slammed shut against the glare of the morning sun. It was a restless night but he had managed to catch a little sleep to prepare him from the next day. With a groan that would make a zombie jealous, He sat up and streched his stiff back, This sleeping on the ground thing sucked.

David drug his bag (That doubled as a lumpy pillow) over to where he was sitting and opened the top. he pulled out two apples and a small burlap sack that clinked when he set it down. His fire had died sometime this morning but that was alright, the sun air was war enough now that he didn't need it. He took a bite out of an apple and set it down in his lap as he opened the bag. He emptied the contents into his hand and drew his guns. In his hand was a pile of bent nails that the blacksmith had given him when he picked up his weapons. She said they make great ammo becasue they like to spin and tumble when fired. He dumped the handful into the open mouth of each gun, evenly distributing them. He made the mistake of not loading them the night before. What a stupid move that was, considering how often he has needed to fight since he woke up in this weird place. That was a mistake he would not make again.

Holstering them both in their little leather homes, he took another bit of his apple and rose to his feet. He worked steadily, not rushing to pack. He stuffed his blanket into the bottom of his bag and tied his pot on the outside. he half-heartedly kicked dirt over the remains of his fire and took a drink from his water bladder. Taking one last look around his campsite to make sure he did not leave anything, he left the clearing and ended up bak on the road. David had a lot of ground to cover. Tossing his apple core off into the woods and starting on his second, David walked down the empty dirt and gravel road towards the next town.

(((ar they going to run into each other a fourth time? Seems fatekeeps bringing them together wink.gif ))

Edited by padfoot

Phill woke up slowly, his arms stretching above him. He tried to roll over quick only to be reminded of the night before by the pain in his legs. He got up unsteadily and quietly got the horses around before looking over at Rain. "You seemed to have trouble sleeping, is there any way to help with that? Also don't worry about yesterday it was my fault so we can forget it, i don't think either of us really like opening up to others.." phill picked up his bag and put it on after making sure he had everything he needed, he then offered the reigns of rain's horse to him.

Rain listened to phill as he worked nodding and grunting occasionally in agreement. It was true, last night had been awkward to say the least. And it was a experience rain didnt wish to repeat anytime soon.

Rain was finishing up on packing the tent away when phill handed him the reins of his horse. Starting up he glance phill once over taking in his cuts and bruises that were visible. He could only imagine what damage he had done under his clothes.

"Hm.... no and I dont wish to talk about it. There just dreams eventually they will go away."

Raiseing a brow at phill he turned and made his way to the side of his horse. Jumping swiftly he spread out amd sat up. Now as he looked down at phill he gave a soft smile to show he wasnt to terribly upset before giving the clearing a once over to see if they had forgotten anything.

"Besides you may want to tend to your self, you look lile you tried to fight a bear." Grinning he sighed out into the cool morning air.

It would be a good day, from the looks of the sky it shouldnt rain and the air smelled crisp and clean, no hints of thw damp musk rain brings. The light that was filtering through the trees set particles a blaze creating beautiful pillars of visible bright yellow lights. The trees that where being the filters stood up reaching for the sky, tall and majestic.

The little clearing with its fire still smoldering gave off a used but content feeling to rain. One he was familiar with and had fond memories from his time with master. Letting any emotions he may have had last night slide away he glanced back at phill.

"So should we turn back the way we had come or go a different route."

If they went back the way they had come the would be backtracking in the direction thatbheld whatever made those booming noises the previous night. But if they went a different way they could very well loose a horse or get lost.

Rain steered his horse down the way they had come ignoring anything phill might have said. It would be wiser to go back the way they had come just taking precaution to not startle anything potential dangerous.

Phill made sure his hands were fine washing them off with some water from the cantine that they had. He saw a few cuts across his knuckles but with the blood gone they didn't look as bad. He got on his horse as well making sure that they had everything including the light stick that he had to pick up from beside the log. "Tree's, bears close enough huh? Can say i faught a bear and survived and some people would believe it."

Phill had already started to head back the way they came making sure that Rain was following him. "Going a different route would be too dangerous, the only options we had were angling towards the town and the road so we would get on the road closer to town or back the way we came, and even then back the way we came is the safest bet."

"hm..... guess so." Rain followed closely behind phill watching his back sway to the steps of the horse. Rain heard the foot fall of the third horse nad assumed that it was still following them. He still had not come to a decision on what to do about it but as long as they werent having to feed it they would be ok. It was weird how they had a family like mentality.

Swinging his gaze back around to phill he couldnt help but think about what happened last night and what phill had told him.

"So how would one tell is the butterflys are from the love you have for some or from something that had happened to them." He asked almost silently to himself. He wasnt expecting a answer but he wouldnt mind if phill answer. But if he did rain had a couple more to ask

Phill was relaxed on the horse and began humming softly. He was looking around at all of the scenery before hearing rain questioning probably noone. "If it is from the person it happens a lot, you feel like you want to be close to them, you like how they look and enjoy their smell and the way they talk as well as little things they do. They also make you smile and make you feel like you have butterflies in your chest. If it is just the thing you dont feel anything until that certain thing happens and that is what causes the butterflies but it stops when that thing stops."

Rain thought for a minute before asking his next couple of questions.

"So if you love a person then that feeling never goes away. " Rain gave another pause thinking some more.

"Then being in love sounds un enjoyable. Also arent mates supposed to be a man and a woman." Rain was glad he was behind phill so he couldnt see him. Yes he had questions that he wanted answers to but it he didnt have to look him in the face while asking that was fantastic as his face was dusted with red yet again.

Before he realized it they had passed through there old campsite and where on the road again heading south still. As they passed the campsite rain could have sworn that it had looked like someone had used it. Maybe it was just his imagination.

Edited by Acornia

David emerged from the woods tuging up his pants and tightening his belt. He was so ready to get going that morning he had forgot to pee. He glanced both ways down the road and paused. Not to far behind him, he could see two figures on horseback heading in his direction. That was the best thing he has seen all morning. They were the first people he has seen riding in this direction. David waved his right hand, figuring that sticking his thumb out would just be confusing.

As they drew closer, David couldn't believe who he was seeing. It was the fox guys from the bar the day before! What were the odds that they would be heading in the same direction? David let a rare smile spread across his face, "You again?" he piped up when the were within earshot, "You followin me or somthin?". He was glad so see a somewhat friendly face. At least these guys wouldn't try to rob him like the last bunch.

Phill shook his head not being an expert on that kind of stuff by any means. "It does go away sometimes but its more like its just not as noticable, it is fun at times but it depends on the people. The person you fall in love with is someone you like to do stuff with, someone you trust and like being around. As far as mates go most of the time people would say yes but that is wrong mates can be man and man, women and women, or man and women but for children to be made it is man and women."

They had passed the campsite and were on the road as he saw and heard the guy from before. "No we are not following you, my home was destroyed and we heard that information about what caused it is probably down this way. What brings you down this way, especially on foot it will take a long time to get anywhere."

"I was sent this was by the Brotherhood of Civil Unrest to find one of their agents that was investigating some kind of darkness plague" He replied. David noticed that they had a third horse . It was wandering off the side of the road and ripping up grass as fast as it could. That was a good sign for David. he looed back the the boy who spoke. He had forgotten both of their names from the day before, "well I didn't start out on foot. I got left behind by my ride when we were attacked by bandits", he said, glancing at the extra horse again, "I couldn't join you guys, could I?". David knew from their stunt yesterday that they were unarmed. David being, well, very armed meant he could probably help them more than they could help him. Still though, they had a horse and DAvid was liking the idea of walking less and less.

Rain sat behind phill on his horse watching the situation. He was miffed from the last encounter with this guy. Hell he didnt even know his name because he wouldnt tell them. Staring him down he came up beside phill on his horse.

"Why stranger, you have nothing that we really need. They way I see it is we loose and you would gain if we let you join." Rain remained silent after that watching the man as he smiled and looked between them and the last horse.

David gave the second fox a sideways grin when he assumed he didn't have anything to offer.

"You say that as if I'm a freeloader or something" David said, removing his bag from his back and dropping it to the ground. He dug through it as he spoke.

"I was there when your little stunt at the blacksmith's shop failed so I kow you are traveling unprotected.", he said, glancing up to eye the boy's person ad horses, "And light, by the looks of it".

He finally found what he ws looking for, He produced three daggers and a wide shortsword in a leather sheath. Weapons he had no use for but looted from the bandits anyway. He figured he could sell them in the next town for some quick cash but this seemed more promising.

"I also have supplies. Something you two seemed to have forgotten"

He winked at Phil, nowing he was running a hard bargan.

Rain eyes the daggers. They didnt look nice, they were woren and clipped in a couple of places but they where better than nothing. Holding his hand out he wanted to inspect them before deciding to take him on to there little group.

"Fine you can tag along just til the next town, but you can't keep the horse, it's ours when we split." Rain ground out through a growl. It had set him off when he had winked at phill. The didnt know him and they still didnt know his name and to get friendly with phill just rubbed him the wrong way.

David handed over the weapons glad to get some of the weight off his back. He tipped his non- existent hat at Rain and shouldered his bag. His luck was looking up again, at least till the next town. He walked around the back of the party to the horse that would be his. It seemed to be ignoring him and more focused on the grass on the side of the road. David jumped and sagged across the horse's back, balancing himself on his stomach. He clumsily threw his leg over and sat up straight. The horse didn't seem to notice as David grabbed the reigns. Something important had occured to him: he had never been on a horse before. Once he gained his balance and composure, he spoke up again, "Names David by the way" He said, "And I have forgotten your names".

Rain watched as David clumsy climded onto the horse. It almost looked like he had never been around one but at least it want kicker. Her had the slighly older on that liked to pull hair and rain didnt mind as he liked his long cascading hair.

Glancing back at phill and grumbling under his breath he ignored David for the most part.

"Forgot or more like never cared." He said as he lead his horse away continuing on his way. He had to admire though that he had gotten a pretty good deal on the weapons. It looked like for the most part they just needed a sharping with a wet stone. And luckily that was something he had.

Glancing behind him he motioned phill up to his side intent on handing the sword to him as he didnt need it. Rain gave phill a once over amd smiled, he was glad that there was at least one person he could stomach.

It wasnt that he hated David, he just had a disliking to him. The first strike was the alley but that was both there faults, the second was the way he had taked to phill when he had been asked his name. The third, even though he couldnt prove it he felt that he may habe had something to do with the disappearance of their stolen weapons. Still he had been willing to let that go until he had winked at Phill. Rain had almost felt his blood boil and his mind scream in protest.

But he would have to live with him for the duration of this trip to the next town. Once there they could dump him were ever and take the horses and go.

Phill spat in davids direction when he winked at him, feeling his stomach heave but luckily keep his lunch down. "Look you got the horse for the ride we got the weapons, just because we are heading the same direction does not mean we have to like you and personally i am not sure how much i can tolerate you. When we make camp i may even have to stay up because i do not know what you are and do not trust you."

Phill pulled up beside rain and took the sword putting it on his side. "As for your little shot there of us not having supplies what stops me from electricuting you and taking your supplies? I mean you were pretty rude before and now you act like nothing happened, besides i am sure the fathers of the boys you beat up may even give a reward for you." Phill shook his head hoping he cleared up a few things before he took the lead getting a few feet ahead of the rest as his golden eyes gazed into the horizon.

Phill yawned softly as he was still waking up, never one for the mornings. "Ahh so he finally says his name, thought it was none of my business you seemed very preoccupied but now that it helps you its nice to know huh? I know that you have those things, guns or whatever you call them i don't know how that helps you but if they are metal they won't help you so i suggest not to attack us we are a lot different than those rich kids."

"As for your little shot there of us not having supplies, what stops me from electricuting you and taking your supplies?" the boy with golden eyes snapped.

David shrugged, "Guess nothing but the goodness in your heart" he said with a grin. The horse below him gave a neigh that sounded suspiciously like a laugh. He gave it a light kick in the ribs. Snark or no snark, he had a ride and whether they liked him or not they were still helping him. David wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth (pun intended) so he kept quiet. His time in the big house taught him to pick his words to avoid being stabbed. As far as he was concerned, David could handle whatever these two thought they could throw at him.

Boys? Did he mean the four teens he mugged back in town? That was a weird thing to threaten him with, "Those friends of yours?" he asked, suspecting he already knew the answer. There was still no way these guys were law enforcement, not after they tried to steal from the blacksmith. wait. Did he say "what you are"? What the hell does that mean? David opened his mouth to speak but thought better of it. He wouldn't stoop to his level of name calling and empty threats. Especially since it seemed like he was on thin ice anyway. David wouldn't hurt them, they were being nice (even if they didn't see it that way). He wasn't about to push their generousity.

(((I'm confused. Phil's sheet says he can't really control his powers. Why does having metal put him at such a disadvantage? David woudn't know anyway, I guess I'm wondering if it was a bluff or not)))

Edited by padfoot

Rains ears flicked back to listen to his reply a soft growl rumbling through his chest. He didnt know why phill was taking to him. Yes they were traveling together amd yes they most definitely didn't like him so they most certainly didnt have to talk to him.

Rain was agitated and it showed when one of his tail hit particular hard sending his horse skittering away. Rain grabbed its main amd held on at it took off a little ways up the road. When it calmed down enough rain just sat on the edge with his ears laying flat and growling his head off starring wide eyed ahead of him. The horse gave a soft neigh and stood there waiting for the others.

Rain had to admit it may have been the heat that was getting to him a little but they had been traveling for a good part of the day. When the other two caught up he looked in phills direction.

"Ive had enough, lets make camp for today." He said before sliding off his horse and landing on the soft ground with a thump.

Rain turned around to survey the surrounding area. Most of the trees where looking a little bear leaf wise. Which was strange as it was only mid summer. But he put that aside as he grabbed his bag and reigns and found his way of into the woods for some privacy.

((He has trouble but that is why it matters he can aim it in a direction so the fact he has metal means the lightning is more likely to hit him. And by lack of control of his powers it means that when absorbing the electricity he needs it fails at times and shocks him.))

Phill just gave a shake of his head "quite the opposite really, hated the guys but a rewards a reward." Phill left it at that as he saw rain getting agitated. He sped up to catch up with rain only to see him get off the horse.

Phill got off the horse biting his lip slightly as the landed jolted his sore legs. He looked at the surrounding area and couldn't see any animals and the trees seemed to be dieing. "This doesn'rt seem right, the leaves shouldn't be falling yet, i vote this time we stay close to the road okay rain?" As he spoke he lightly patted rains head while walking close by him to tie up the horse.