ShadowMonster

Nalom

He snorted and shook his head.

Now, the kitsune-mirror-gem had solidified into an incredible form--that of his own species, a female, no less. Her scales mirrored the light with flecks of pearlescent pastels, shifting between pretty, subdued pinks and greens as she struggled to stay aloft. Were this any other time, he may have humored her with a show of his own grandeur, possibly drawing her in with the prospect of the expansive amassed fortune he owned. But this was...abnormal. Unnatural. Isuntsu could spot deception from continents away.

And she was far, far too familiar for comfort. Though remarkably attractive, he bore her no kind feelings. The only thing he could feel was veiled disgust at the display.

"You're addled, is what you are. I was expecting a shapeshifter of sorts, for certain, but a morph?" The wyvern tilted his head. He knew there had been some reason he'd been itching to go out on the town, be it for a a quick meal or a spot of treasure-hunting; regardless of the sensations creeping through his head, he couldn't help but be slightly curious. He began to size her up--he likely had cages large enough to display her in, but could jury-rig up an enclosure until he could find one that would.

His eyes flicked to the ground, signalling her to follow.

"Drop down. Any worm can dress itself in wings, but that doesn't make it a bird. You'll hardly last keeping up a more complex body like that." Without allowing her to deny him, he stretched up his wings and extended his legs, wind rushing up his scaled as he plummeted downward. The grass and trees collapsed under the force of his descent, and the shock sent pebbles flying and dust clouds around his massive feet.

Isuntsu would wait. This, he realized, could be fun. The hoard could wait, for now; opportunity would be rewarded to his patience.

------

The fire refused to cease. Whoever had set the blaze was clearly intent on ruining him and the mire around. Even when he extended his body upwards, he could see no sign of the girl that had called out, likely some do-gooder arsonist hunting their monster-of-the-week. Abhainn scoffed.

Even the hunters are obsessive.

The person with the antlers was trying to grab at the object in his form, but Abhainn was quick to withdraw from his grasp. From what little context he had, he deduced that the mask must be a source of power for the interloper, and there was absolutely no way he was going to allow them to take ahold of it again. Already, his home was ruined, and his identity compromised--if the girl was here for him--, and he was unwilling to sacrifice his life as well.

Abhainn contracted his body together in full and made for the farthest wall of the flames, vaulting himself over it and heading for the mouth of the forest. If anything, the good people of Seberholm would accept him and give him succor...even if it cost him his anonymity.

Phill was not sure he should trust rain at all but he wasn'tmean enough to just leave him homeless, he knew how that felt all too well needing to shack up in an abandoned building that nearly collapsed on him before he found the cave. He continued looking back to check on Rain as well as to make sure that thing wasn'tcoming back. Phill knew his side would have a nice bruise on it from how hard he was hit to the side and how hard he rolled into the tree. Phill's tail swayed slowly as he got to the clearing that he had made his home. The clearing was nearly filled with a huge pond that turned into a river as it left the clearing, a nicely sized waterfall began the pond,opposite where they were standing, the clear water rushing into the pond. The pond was elongated though as if it was on its way to becoming a river. Phill slowly walked up to the left side of the waterfall showing a slim edge that would lead behind the waterfall and into the closest and easiest to remember of the three or more entrences to this cave system that he knew of.

Edited by voltage

Bec narrowed her serpentine eyes at the other dragon.She was used to running cross people that thought they knew what she was. She had heard many different titles from people that have seen things like her. The main difference she has found between herself and other shapeshifting creatures is that she can't choose what she is. She thought it was some kind of psychic link that picked her form but that didn't explain why she became things like rocks and trees. She did like that name, Morph, it seemed to fit her.

While she unconsciously searched the dragon's mind, he spoke up;

"Drop down. Any worm can dress itself in wings, but that doesn't make it a bird. You'll hardly last keeping up a more complex body like that."

She snorted, surprised to see a puff of smoke accompany her displeased noise, and watched him plummet into the trees below. jerk

For a second, she tossed around the idea of leaving. Using her new wings to get as far away before something picked her next form.Something made her pause though. That idea seemed to vanish from her mind, as if it had been sponged clean by an outside force. She looked around as if she was lost before dropping out of the sky likethe dragon before her.

much less gracefully and much more destructive, she landed in the forest close by the wyvern. A torrent of broken stiks and leaves rained down around her. She shook her body like a dog, "ok....what?" she asked.

Edited by padfoot

Isuntsu watched as the wyverness collided with the ground, his citrine eyes barely flickering when a flying stone grazed his horn. When she managed to right herself, he gathered his thoughts and took in a breath. He had a plan. He sat back on his haunches and arched his neck over her, wings folded at his sides.

"You'll have to excuse me for my brash demeanor earlier. I'm...unused to my dinner plans changing last minute, if you catch my drift. Had you stayed a fox, maybe I would've been more cordial...but then again, I admit you'd have been stripped down to cartilage by now." A hearty, gravelly laugh billowed up from his chest in barks.

"And yet, you've shown your cards, and a folly has won you your life." His eyes glossed over her again, making a point to pay extra attention to her newly-defined shape.

"Buuuut...I couldn't help but take notice of your... transformative tendencies." His tone was leading, just as he wanted it; just a mite more of information could make all the difference.

Bec mimiced the other Dragon and sat back on her hutches, watching him closely. Especially since he just admitted he was planning on eating her. This wasn't the first time her strange ability had stopped something from making her lunch, most predators think twice about eating something so sililar to themselves. Similar and beautiful.

"And yet, you've shown your cards, and a folly has won you your life."

"Uh....thanks?" she said, unsure what he meant. It sorta sounded like a compliment but that was a strange thing to start doing now.

"Buuuut...I couldn't help but take notice of your... transformative tendencies."

SHe smirked the best she could in her dragon form. Onversation always seemed to fall on this subject, "right to business, eh? Well your guess is as good as mine.", she said with a chuckle, "I have no idea what I am or why I can change forms". That was that. She wasn't going to give this guy aything else. Thats all she knew anyway, besides a few small details like the beauty thing. "So, who are you?" she asked, copying his serious attitude.

Rain followed phill back to his home, he would occasional catch a glimpse from him throw over his shoulder. Rain know that phill still didn’t trust him, but it wasn’t like he had done anything to gain his trust either. The best thing to help this situation was to follow and try not to show anything that might be taken for hostility. So rain followed silently behind phill, after a little bit they broke out of the woods into an area with a waterfall and a small pond with sparkling clean water. Rain stood a minute to take in his surroundings, this place was beautiful and the air was so fresh smelling and the plants were vibrant and bursting with life. Rains attention was brought back as he caught the form of phill disappear back behind the left side of the falling water. Not wanting to be left behind rain jogged to catch up, slipping carefully behind the waterfall in phill’s wake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dauoa watched in horror as the blob took off in the direction that the satyr had gone. With every inch the blob got farther way separating him for his mask. Feeling the distance grow between them he jumped up and sloshed his way back up to the bank. Watching and avoiding the fire patches that still littered the ground he looked in the direction he had last it, spotting it sliding along the ground into the woods Dauoa scrambled after it. Dodging trees, rocks, and other objects in his way he kept up with it fairly well. he had so much concentration on it that he missed a branch on the forest floor.

Falling to the ground with a hard thud Dauoa looks back up searching feverishly for the blob that was now out of sight. Panicking he made to stand and continue but a fiery pain shot up his leg causing his to stop. He winced and gave a small gasp taking the weight off of it he looked down to see light purple dusting his skin, forming a bruise. He must have twisted his ankle when he fell, and to add to the pain in his ankle an itch started under his skin, one that built like a raging fire. With the fire within a cold sheen of sweat formed on his skin. Hobbling in the direction that the blob had gone Dauoa set a steady pace, wincing every now and again.

soon snippets of bright village life could be seen from the trees and cheerful music could be heard. Feeling the pain of separation lesson Dauoa assumed that the blob was somewhere hidden in the village, staying out of sight from his prying eyes.

Dauoa had been here previously so some of the villagers may recognize him, if they did they would surely hunt him down and kill him. If he left and never got it back he would die in a week or so, either way he looked at it the outcome did not look good.

Looking up to the sky a small tear escaped the corner of his eye, the day had started out so calm and nice. It was a peaceful meal potential that had messed it up. The slight dull pain brought his drive back to get his mask, sending him crashing through the tree line into the bright streets of the small town. The noise he had made caused many people to stop, most with a look of shock. Seconds rolled by as he gathered himself, deciding where to take off to. Dauoa was brought out of his quick thoughts as someone pointed at him and screamed. “it’s him, the white stag of death” the scream shook him to his core, they remembered him.

Slowly larger, older men came to the front of small crowd around him, some with weapons, others with looks of anger. One child, who was brave walked up beside a man that Dauoa suspected to be his father and throw a stone in his direction. Dodging the stone Dauoa couldn’t waste any more time here, he had to leave before to many people came. Spotting an opening in the crowd Dauoa leaped throw, shoving men, women, and children to the side. Putting weight on his foot caused the pain to flare up again but he couldn’t slow down, if he did it could be the death of him. Racing throw the streets he passed by stalls of varies merchandise, some for cloths and others for jewelry. The noise of the town only grew as Dauoa barreled through the streets. Using the pain as an indicator if he was going the right way or not, the closer to the center he got the less painful it was.

Dauoa could see water shooting into the sky and falling back down to the crowd that was in front of him. He had to hurry, to many people had seen him. Setting his head down with his horns out he rushed at the crowd. He hoped that they would move in time, and his hope was mostly right but he hit a small boy in the shoulder knocking him to the ground. Jumping over the boy to not hurt him anymore he didn’t have anything to stop his stamped into what appeared to be a plaza, which at the center sat a large fountain. Dauoa stumbled into the rock wall of the fountain, catching himself on the side he looked into the water.

The noise from behind him draw his attention back from the water of the fountain. Around him stood a crowd of blurred faces, some shocked, some excited for some action, and most angry. Dauoa could hear screaming and yelling coming from the crowd as the closed in around him. He was losing his concentration, he had lost the blob, he knew he was around here with the mask, the subsiding pain was an indication to that. But with the people closing in he was scared that these where probably his last seconds alive.

Me? Ah, well…” He swished his tail. He knew what this was going to require. He didn’t like it, but he knew.

“A wyvern, as anyone could clearly see. As I was yesterday, and so I am today. Forged in the fires of thoroughbred conquest, shimmering and polished in the face of the obscuring filth of the realm.” Isuntsu turned his head, admiring the glimmer of his feathers in the waning sunlight.

“Keeper of the wealth of tyrants and philanthropists, known across the lands deep under and above, the dark one in my bloodline. I am neither human nor animal, neither base nor holy. You could say, without a doubt, as soon as you lay eyes on me, be you cowering prey or hopeful predator: I. Am. Me.” He raised his brows and looked back at her with pride, a smug look tugging at the corner of his jeweled mouth,

"Even a reflection cannot ever dream to imitate me."

---------

As quick as it had come, the horned figure faded behind Abhainn as he raced toward nearby Seberholm. Once he crossed its boundary, he would be home-free...and, honestly, likely homeless. In a metaphorical sense, more like; while the villagers would be more than happy to provide a piece of their meager rations and land to him, gone would be his comfort. He could see it coming upon him: days spent lazy around their center of worship, draped for ceremony and ready to placate the supplications of the sinners and the charitable--

"Agh! No, there's no time for all that!"

Whatever he would give was a pittance in the light of what he'd lose otherwise.

His body rolled twigs and pebbles away as he passed over and by them. The cold air of night was settling into his surface--a highly unpleasant sensation--and he was in need of a water source to settle into. The glow of lanterns and braziers just a few minutes away gladdened him. Abhainn knew of a solitary fountain in the center of town, and if he was careful, he'd be able to slither into it without a fuss. Veering right toward the closest house, he sped forward, and upon reaching the bottom of a gutter, quickly squeezed himself into the opening--

CLUNK

--but started backward when the mask inside him recoiled against it. He'd nearly forgotten about it's presence. He took a moment to pause to examine it fully, turning and tilting it within his clearness.

It was a pure white, almost bleached and quite unlike a normal skull. And a skull was exactly what it was, with a makeshift band around the back and slits for the creature's horns. Where they would situate would form the skull's horns, completing the look. Without it, it almost seemed...broken, the way it had stumbled toward him and grasped at the bank. It was this information that brought Abhainn to a revelation: this was the monster, in a sense, and the source of the power that would imbue it with a gangly form and horrible strength. Abhainn considered this for quite some time, and came away with a discomforting sensation of guilt. Perhaps, the creature had been merely hungry...

The skull teetered up and down, weighted by an unknown force within. He noticed himself bent over the pipe, and shook himself out before deciding to climb the outside of the gutter instead. Crossing the shingled rooftop--yet another wholly unpleasant sensation--he ducked and dived under awnings and behind chimneys before spotting the fountain just a little ways away. Oddly, where bards and artists would be gathered there en masse, it was almost entirely empty. From the muffled noises coming from near the entrance, he deduced that the population had found itself elsewhere for...some indeterminate reason...and took his opportunity without a second of hesitation. He leapt off the eave of a small shop onto a nearby fruit cart, easing off the canvas and dipping into the stone refuge. He knew he could likely rest there for the night, as the villagers' dedication the "water spirits" dissuaded folks from playing in or tossing coins into water sources that were supposedly "blessed".

Pleased with his good fortune, he flattened out against the bottom of the fountain. Tomorrow, he would focus on the gnawing hunger in his stomach, likely making use of someone's mischief to spirit off an unfortunate soul to dine on--

A flurry of vibrations rattled the water around him, sending ripples throughout his substance. It was like...the ragged sounds of fury, and a mob of feet--

He snuck a tendril, hardly bigger than a hair, through a crevasse in the stone to investigate.

The form of antlers and a man's body was hardly but a shadow in the glare of fire beyond. The people, their grumbles and hollering almost deafening, pushed against the man, and they hoisted forked tools and spears, threatening to gut him for the spirits to gorge upon. Though it was difficult, and it had been so long since he had done so, he tried to reach for the form. When a tendril brushed the fibers of his clothes, he could feel it--animosity, aching hunger, and fear.

A familiar face flashed before Abhainn's vision for a moment. It was old, creased with a wry smile, speaking in silence, but the wit was there.

Fine. Okay. Whatever.

Abhainn drew himself together, and from his mass began to construct the fur, the skin, the deterring saddle of thistles and briars and the hooves that comprised his familiar form. As he did, he rose from the fountain, the water parting neatly from him and leaving not a trace of its presence. When his front hooves were rendered, he placed one gingerly on the stone wall, holding his weight on it as he found his back legs. The force splayed out his four toes, revealing the webbing in between. Abhainn ignored the surprised gasps and murmurs as the malicious warbling ceased, and placed the other front foot out onto the cobblestone road. He lay a hand on the fell shifter's shoulder, easing him aside as he took his place in front of him, creating a barrier between himself, the man and the crowd. After the desired effect had taken hold, he flicked his tail, red eyes scanning over them.

"Stop this show immediately! There's no reason a bunch of squishy blood-sacs like yourselves should be getting involved in a witch hunt! What are you all even gathered here for anyway, huh?" He motioned to the shifter, narrowing his eyes.

"Not this piece of work, surely?"

A person, a beastfolk with a torch in hand, was the first to speak.

"Uu-uh...uh, Mr. Abha--I-I mean, O Gracious and Giving Lord of the Bless'd Waters Abhainn, this is no goodly sort! He's that wretched ingrate posing as the bounteous White Stag, and's been taking away the young and old and eating them like berries!"

Ignoring the humorous analogy, he turned back to the man. He made a show of walking back and forth in front of him, his hooves clicking as he pretended to ponder and judge. After several minutes had passed, he looked to the crowd again. Yet another person--this one some kind of lizard--jumped up and waved his poker in a threatening manner.

"All I'll's tall ye, ehs dat wun dere ehs nuttin' bot a cummon blodsucker! Ahd've stook 'im mahself, bot the bloddeh nit's gotten de legs off em dere does ehn da felds. Runn'd roight laft pass'd meh, ennees legs ehn't fit much fohr ah sprint!"

Abhainn shook his head, readjusting his footing in exasperation.

"No, no, no, you don't do that! I'm the one who's supposed to dedicate themselves to the greater good, not the everyday common cannon fodder that makes up this hovel!" He rubbed at the bridge between his eyes and sighed.

"Look, I'll get it taken care of, promise. You all? You...you just...go back to whatever you were doing before this." Abhainn made a shooing gesture until the crowd began to disperse. He grabbed at the deer-man's arm, pulling him toward the dark until a smallish gnome-looking creature hobbled up to his side. His clothes were too official to be simply for show.

"Ooooh, oh oh...sir, my Lord, almighty Abhainn--" He threw up his free hand.

"Not now. I've got a thing to take care of." But the gnome-man wouldn't cease, reaching out to grab at his fur before smartly recoiling back, realizing the mistake. He instead decided to quiver and moan, like his meager constitution was dissolving before his eyes.

"Bu-but-but my Lord, I'm telling you that we've built a kindly shrinehouse in your favor! We...we didn't really think we'd ever see--"

"Okay. Where? And expedite it, please."

"Edge of town, near the river, stone and wood, you'll never see another like it." Abhainn held up a thumb.

"Excellent, good deal. Thanks a lot. Really."

-----

He picked up the pace as the two left eyeshot of the townsfolk. He barely had time to register what the building even looked like before he flipped up the latch and flung the door open, giving the man a push inside the absurdly wide doorframe before following with himself. A nearby lantern sprung to life--very expensive magelight, he presumed--and Abhainn trotted his way over to an ornate pool running fresh with water. But again, for now, the details of this house did not matter. There was something else needing addressing right now, and he planned to do so.

"You...you, who invaded my personal grounds and tried to take off with my foodsource...we need to have a little chat about personal space."

Edited by Sugar-Free

Phill was careful as he shimmied across the ledge until he wound up in the mouth of the cave he called home. Inside were quite a few stolen things that allowed a slightly more comfirtable living space. He had no refridgerator or stove though he had a fire pit in the middle of the cave. He had posters of many animals along the walls as well as childhood pictures including one of his family before they passed. It featured a much smaller phill who was holding up a squirrel, the first he had ever cought. His parents stood beside him, his mother with her black ears with pink tips, her tails having the same pink on them while her brilliant blue eyes stared at the camera a big smile on her face. His father was a tall muscular man who's ears and tails were tipped a brilliant lime green. There was a full size bed down here that he had had a huge problem struggling to get it down here, he also had a couch down on the opposite wall of the bed. He walked in and had a small stand with three drawers. "I am sorry if you got wet, i don't know if my clothes will fit you as i don'thave too many, you can change around the corner if you want."

Bec listened intently as he gave his long winded and detailed explanation about who she was. She was looking for a name but this was nice too. At least she knew who she was mimicing. "Well, I was kinda expecting a name but sure, Ill just all you...Me? Or would you prefer KOTWOTAP? That has a nice ring to it." she said.

"Even a reflection cannot ever dream to imitate me."

As if to challenge his claim, the next time the wyvern shifted has attention away from Bec, she shifted again. Still a dragon, she changed, size, color and gender to mimic the other dragon perfectly. Feeling the shift, she loked down at herself and immediately started to laugh hysterically, "Oh my god.....I?....You!....I switched..." she broke down into giggles again, swaying from side to side and throwing her long neck back. Her voice sounded strange to her, powerful and booming, it was the voice of the dragon that was recounting his career as a great wyvern.

Edited by padfoot

Rain watched out of the corner of his eye as he glanced at the painting and pictures decorating the walls. They painted pictures of a happier time, one with a bright sky and a happy Phill. He was not stupid; he could see how Phill had looked at the pictures. Following the portraits around he stopped when he got to a one of the kitsune that he had meet only hours ago. Turning he pointed to the picture and gave Phill a confused face, ignoring his comment about changing his clothes. Bec had looked just like her, from her eye colors to the pink tipped ears. She was beautiful, a beauty that was harsh to the tormented soul of the one who had lost the women in the painting. “who is she.” Came his gruff reply to the picture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dauoa was forced against the rough stones of the fountain as the village people bellowed for his life. One which should rightly be there’s for all the harm he has done. One particularly hard shove and he almost toppled over into the fountain. Standing dazed by the blow he watched the calm water ripple from the spray. It was soothing in a way, how it would conform to is container but you could never truly trap it.

Watching the water, a ripple spread out from away from the wall, one that grow and manifested, taking on a form of a beast. He sported the lower body of a horse and the upper body of a man. Dauoa has heard of creatures like this, they were referred to as ‘centaurs’. Although something about this one was different, but never having met one before he didn’t know what the difference was.

As he rose from the water all the noise around Dauoa dissipated as if the world fell into silence for this beast. Faltering Dauoa stepped back out of his way to avoid being stepped on from its exit from the fountain, as did a couple of people behind him. The creature held his attention and that of the village people, as not one of them spoke until the beast spoke first.

"Stop this show immediately! There's no reason a bunch of squishy blood-sacs like yourselves should be getting involved in a witch hunt! What are you all even gathered here for anyway, huh? Not this piece of work, surely?" the beast gestured in dauoa’s direction as it spoke. He felt anger raising in him, did it just refer to him a, this, this, that was nothing, a thing that was, that ran on instinct and has no intelligent. Dauoa was lost in his rage when the steady click, click, click flung him back into the present and helped clear his mind.

The creature was pacing drawing Dauoa attention to it, watching it and getting lost in the fluid movements of his body and listening to the lilting tones of his voice. Glancing over his body once more a flash of white drifted into view before it was gone. The damn beast had his mask.

He was so caught up in the sight of his mask he missed when the conversation had ended. Being bragged along with it he was taken away from the people. watching as they walked pasted a couple of houses his eyes fell on a house out of the way. It sported a gate and a wide door. the beast thought he door open he also noticed the there was an expensive light inside.

Not having time to catch his footing as he was roughly pushed in the door he tripped falling to the floor. Whipping back around to face the beast before him he opened his mouth to say something when it cut him off.

"You...you, who invaded my personal grounds and tried to take off with my food source...we need to have a little chat about personal space." It sounded upset, just like the villagers. Closing his mouth, he thought about his chances of getting his mask and escaping. His ankle was killing him and the low lighting of the room made him partly blind until his eyes adjusted. There was no way he would be able to grab it and run.

Looking up with the saddest face he could muster he hoped that the beast would fall for his pity act and give his mask back. “sorry, I didn’t know it was claimed already. I was just hungry and …… sorry. It won’t happen again; I give my word. Once I have my mask back I’ll leave and not set foot back in this town that worships such a great man like you.” Finishing up what he was saying he smiled and tucked his knees under him so he could hobble his way back to his feet.

Phill was moving gracefully around his home starting a small fire before standing behind the chair as he changed into dry clothes, hiding his body. He watched as Rain looked around the room at the pictures. He sighed when Rain gave him that confused look and he already knew what was coming. Phill felt a little on guard at the question about who she was and he didn't like to really talk about or relive the past but he figured he couldn't let Rqin believe it was Bec. Phill's ears twitched and his tail stilled while he moved in front of the chair and sat. "That is my mother, before she passed, that was just after my first catch though my father had helped me a huge amount with training me. She was so proud of me that day but sadly good things rarely last."

As rain studied the painting, he knew he had struck a sore nerve. He could feel the pain radiating off of phill in waves. Something he hadn’t meant to do. But he was curious by nature, He couldn’t quite help it. Not wanting to cause him anymore discomfort he opted to keep his mouth shut.

Turning away from the painting he made his way to the pit that phill starting a fire in. Crouching down he grabbed a couple of logs from a stack nearby, intending to look busy. Leaning over to the pit he chucked them in with a solid sounding whack.

He loved fire, it was his element and made him feel strong. He didn't have a problem building it up to an epic proportion and letting it burn while phill thought he was just helping. his master had always called him a pyromaniac, after one incident of almost burning their house down he was never allowed to mess with it inside again.

Taking a deep whiff, the aroma of the smoke and subtle hints of dirt and mildew came to his nose. The smell was so light he almost missed it mixed with the smell of melons and honey. Taking a couple of more whiffs he decided that it wasn’t to interesting though. Letting his eyes wander he took in the rest of the room visually, glancing around in curiosity. Besides the pictures and the pit there was some furnisher sporadically placed.

The large couch caught his attention. Smiling to himself rain imagined phill trying to bring it in, it was a hilarious concept giving his small stature. Standing back up he strolled around. There wasn’t much else that caught his attention until he spotted a crevice in a darkened area of the room. It looked as if it leads to another area, which wouldn’t be surprising. Taking long strides over to it he peered around the edge and was meet with darkness.

Phill could sense that rain felt bad for causing him pain. Phill stood from the chair as he watched the fire flare up and become a full fire from what was just the begining of one. Phill had a great sense of smell, picking up the scent of the oak wood, as well as the scent of dirt. Phill walked up slowly and silently smirking as he saw Rain look into the darkness. "I guess it would be fine to change in the darkness but don't wander too far, i dont know how far that path goes or how dangerous it is. It is best to be careful while in here it is a big system of caves, i only really know about four entrences and how to get to them from here and here from them, who knows how many really are down here." Phill let his tail sway behind him while he spoke, making sure to warn Rain before he got lost or tempted to explore alone.

Rain glanced at phill with befuddlement plain as day on his face. “you’ve made the comment of me change twice now, I’m fine. “glancing back at the darkness he shook his head, he was starting to wonder at phill’s sexuality because of his suggestion for him to change twice now. Not that he really had a problem with it, it was just kind of weird. But he wasn’t one to voice his thoughts usually. Holding his left hand out to the wall gently touching it as he started to walk off down the passage out of sight.

The darkness was all consuming, not a light shown from anywhere ahead of him. And after a couple of yards away from the opening the dim light that was there evaporated in the dark like water on a sunny day. His fingers trailed gingerly over the wall feeling every crevice and break in the wall that they passed. Occasionally his fingers would trail over a wet stream running down the wall. That explained the mildew smell. The wall under his fingers turned and broke away, stopping he snapped his fingers and a small flame lit in a ball in front of him. It illuminated the water covered walled and the soft dirt soil that was under foot, casting shadows around the little tunnel. One shadow was particularly long as it stood from celling to floor, upon closer examination rain found that it was a bend in the tunnel that lead further.

Rain had two choices, it was getting late so he could either go back and rest or he could continue on. As much as his curiosity was getting to him he wanted to get to know melon and honey better. Even though he wasn’t good a conversations phill could talk and rain could listen. And later they could think of something that they wanted to do. Tomorrow they could train as it had been interrupted today.

Swaying his tails in mild annoyance at his character he decided to go back. Turning he let the light of the flame ball guide him back to phill, back to the light of life.

Clink…. click…. click

Rains ears flicked at the noise as It reverberated around the tunnel. Glancing around looking for the noise he got a feeling of dread from the direction he had just been walking. Whipping back around to face the way he was originally going he peered down the dark tunnel until his light would not reach any farther. A cool breeze dusted his face as he stared into the darkness. The sound grows louder, slight movement along the walls that was illuminated by the light caught his attention. Giving a curios gaze he watched as the once reddish brown dirt of the cave wall turned a putrid grey, as if it was eating all the life that a cave could possibly have.

Rain watched as the gray creeped closer and the sound was almost painful. His eyes got large like saucers as he turned and ran back to the cave entrance and to phill. The tunnel had to be collapsing, from the sound and the slight wind touching his face that was the only thing he could thing ok.

“phill, run somethings happening.” Rain hoped that phill could hear him. He didn’t know if it would stop at the entrance of the tunnel or follow him out and bury phill and rain alive. He was getting closer the start of the tunnel, he could make out the flickering lights and the occasional shadow. Rain could feel the dirt hit him as he ran, little pieces that were light enough to be picked up and hurled with the wind.

Phill sighed as he looked at Rain "yes i asked you twice because you came over here and i also am wet so i would assume a change of clothes would be needed." As rain walked down the path phill took his shirt off and changed into a plain light green t-shirt. He was getting ready to get into thechair when he heard rain yell to him that something was happening.he walked by the entrence to that cave and growled. "What do you mean?!" He yelled back unsure what was going on at all. He saw that rain was running towards him, phill stood his ground his tail behind him and his ears back as it was clear he was not going to let his home be destroyed if he had even the slightest choice in the matter, if Rain meant an attack phill was ready. Phill had had too many memories in this cave, he has valuables in the cave, he could not just let it happen and if it happened to be Rain or anyone else behind it he would have trouble holding back and not maiming or killing them. Phill dragged rain by his shirt flinging him out of the side cave looking at him to make sure he was fine. Phill hadn't been paying attention but now he saw the reason the cave was collapsing and backed up as the side cave seemed to turn fully grey and crumble into pieces, a small part of the main cave doing so as well. Phill quickly took a few pictures some clothes and a watch as well as a few other sentimental things. He offered his hand to Rain while sighing "sorry for dragging you, This cave will completely crumble and be consumed by that grey soon. We need to find some place to go away from this cave now if you want to live that is."

Edited by voltage

Alexa forced a smile and nodded, "Yep, that's fine." She took Hector's hand gently, careful to not hurt herself on the talons, and limped closer to him. She noticed, even though he was blurred, that Hector seemed nervous.

The whole doom and gloom thing came back to her. Were they actually in danger? This place didn't seem too safe. No overwhelming sense of worry flooded over her though. She felt safe. She felt fine - excluding the stick protruding from her leg. She felt lightheaded...Why was Kimon blurry too now? No where near as blurry as Hector, but still fuzzy.

Rain gave a grunt as he was man handled. Being brought up to a standing posture again he grabbed phills wrist and jerked his hand away as if burned. The few stones that fell from the ceiling brought his attention away from phill and to the still crumbling ceiling.

"Let's go, I have no intention of dieing today". Rain pushes away from him in a flurry of hair and sprints to his discarded bag from earlier. Grabbing it as he continues to sprint to the door glancing over his shoulder to make sure phill was following.

The grey was creeping closer, leaching all color from its surroundings. As it touched what little furniture that was in the room, it would dissolve them in a whisper of black smoke and black ash. The grey slowed but still keeped at a steady pace toward phill and rain.

Phill sighed and shook his head as he watched rain pull away from him. Phill knocked a few of the falling stones away as he quickly grabbed the picture of his family. Phill was a blur as he moved from side to side gracefullyavoiding rocks as he grabbed some clothes and the picture. The grey was close to him but he turned and sprinted towards the exit of the cave. Phill reached the cave and quickly started to scooting around the edge towards the grass. "I don't plan on dieing either so let's get going though i am not sure where to go."

Dodgeing a stones and rocks rain made it to the exit and ran out by the lake. Turning he watched as phill came up beside him, arms full of precious objects.

See the cave fall apart and crumble into a large heap on the ground. Rain started in absent horror at what had just happened they had come so close to dieing, but somehow they had made it out alive. But death was still following in there wake as the all consuming grey ate the last of the color. All the water that had been running freely dried up and plants started to wither. The grey slowed is pace,not moving nearly as fast.

"Anywhere is better than here." Rain said taking a couple of steps back still. Turning on his heels he took of back to the clearing that they had been at earlier that day. It was as good a place to start.

Phill had ignored the cave not wanting to witness what happened to it or the surrounding area. Phill walked back with Rain to the clearing where they were before letting a sigh escape his lips. He ran his fingers through his hair thoughtfully. "We could look for more caves or if it comes to a last resort i know an abandoned wherehouse in town."

Rain gave a grunt at the second option. A warehouse would be better butbeing in town that usually intails people being around. And he needed time to think with out the worry of getting caught as a couple of squatters.

It worried him about how the grey ,whatever it was, just kinda eat away the life of the land. There was no rhyme or reason to it, and nothing he could see while trying to excape as the cause.

But being out in the woods was not a good idea either. It had slower but not stopped. If they stayed in the woods the ran the risk of falling asleep and it catching up qith them. In tiwn they would have a greater chance of the towns poeple informing them first.

"Lets go to the warehouse, it sounds like the safest place to be right now." Rain stepped back and looked a phill for a second. He looked a little shaken which was understandable and covered in dust. He supposed they both were after that. Giving him a concerned look he guestered for him to lead the way.

Phill was bent slightly as he was gaining his breath before they started, incase they had to run again. Phill knew that the safest place was the wherehouse and it was in a rundown part of town with rarely any people though the grunt from rain gave off the impression he didn't like it. Phill looked up at rain clutching the few belongings close his face dirty from all of the commotion.

Phill nodded after he saw rain gesture and began to walk towards town, it would be a while but he knew it would be worth it. Phill and rain would reach the town before dark luckily though phill was silent and distant the whole time knowing they would have to pass by a richer part of town where he was always attacked. Phill stopped as he saw a group of four well off teens who liked to bully him, he stood to the side out of sight, he could never fight back because if he hurt them he would be in jail.

David Stein had awoken that morning in the gutter outside of a closed pub. The entire left side of his grey jumpsuit was stained black with some kind of unknown sludge that had also been resting in the gutter. After wandering the town for most of the morning he had discovered three things

1. He had no idea where he was.

2. It seemed that the Lucy he had taken the night before had yet to compleatly wear off because he was seeing all sorts of strange folk walking the streets with him and more importantly...

3. He was no longer in prison.

That last fact was all he really cared about. Right now, where ever he may be, David Stein was a free man. He knew that if he wanted to stay that way he was going to have to find a change of cloths and a place to rest his drug loged brain.

That brought him to the task at hand: finding some walking around town money. He gradually made his way north where the streets were becoming cleaner and the houses were more on the ritzy side. He was in a rich part of town, exactly what he was looking for.

Up ahead, a group of four teenagers stood on the the sidewalk shooting the breeze and minding their own business. David smiled and strolled towards them, "S'cuse me chaps. Whould you happen to know where someone could get a bite to eat?" He asked, with his best on-man smile plastered across his face.

"Yeah, Old Man, right hear" one of the boys said and made a rude gesture that involved grabbing his genitals.David didn't bat an eye, he just gave a poisonous smile and reached into the pocket of his jumpsuit, ".....Wrong answer, Kid"

David flung out his arm, releasing a handful of course sand diretly into the eyes of on of the chuckling teens. He howled in pain and clutched at his eyes. The howling didnt last long as David sucker punched him in the jaw and dropped him like the sack of horse censorkip.gif he was. He reared back and threw a second punch at the next kid, who tried to duck but wasn't fast enough. David's fist connected with his temple and he fell back into the mud in a daze. For the third he tried the same method, a swift punch in the jaw that always worked so well. Instead, he nearly broke his hand. He stepped back, cluching his throbing fist as the remaining two boys began to close

in. David used his next secret move, he kicked the stone faced boy in the jewels he had wanted David to suck moments before. Those wern't stone. The boy's eyes rolled back and he rumpled to the ground holding between his legs hand writhing in pain. The last boy tried to run but David snagged him by the bak of the shirt and threw him to the ground.

"I'm sorry, Mam. We were just kidding around!" he yelled as David stepped over him.

"Yeah yeah, just hold still' He said going through the boy's pockets and finding what he was looking for, (well, sorta). He found a leather pouch heavy with coins. David looked at the pouch then at the boy in confusion. Then shrugged ad made the pouch vanish into his pocket. He gave the boy a kick in the ribs, "Go home, Boy. Oh nd respect your elders. Usualy they are more badass than you" The boy scrambled up and left his friends unconscious and bleeding on the road. Davidwent through the remaining boy's pockets and found three more bags of coin. He tiped his non-existent hat to the oblivious boys and jogged back the way he came, knowing that the boy he let go would be coming back with law enforcement. David wasn't keen on going back to prison. Especially since he woke up this morning a free man.

Edited by padfoot

Rain followed phill in silence into the town stopping at a area thw looked well off. Rain had seen this kind of place before, many of his jobs had meant coming to this kinds of areas.

All the houses where extravagant and beautiful, lawns where trimmed and flowerbeds where in abundance. The inside of the houses most likely had long halls with a high roof held up by majestic walls. And the people living in them where just as flamboyant, with colorful clothes amd flashy jewelry.

Rain was so lost in thought he missed phill stopping. Bumping into him he backed up with a scowl on his face. Philldidnt do anything, looking around him he saw why.

Standing in the street where 4 young men no later than mid 20s. They looked like they where just hanging out, that was until a gruff looking older male came up. They were to far away from rain for him to hear but he guessed that whatever they were talking about someone didnt agree with as the 5 broke out in a fight.

Rain watched as the older man throw a couple of punches and had 3 of the 4 on the ground and a bag of money in his hand. He was strong, rain would give him that. He was someone rain didnt want to get into hand on hand combat with. He was good but both would come away with wounds.

The man raided the other 3 pockets and walked the way he had come. It looked like it lead further into town. Facing phill he smiled and knodded his head.

"There you go" he gestured to the clear road and then took off following the man down the road. He had caught his interest, not many know how to fight, really fight. He would sniff phill out In Town later if he didnt follow. And he would blame him if he wanted to go secure a place for them to sleep before they set out the next morning.

Rain followed about 10 feet behind him in the shadows, occasionally drifting in and out. He watched his as he walked around in broad daylight. He was wearing plain clothes that were dirty and wore out like he never changed them. Cringing at the thought he shook his head putting on a little burst of speed he came to about 6 feet following distance.

Phill watched as the older male came in and took care of the four that phill usually didn'twant to fight. He nodded at rain "alright let's go try and find a place to sleep." Phill was just about to lead the way when Rain took off after the guy. Phill let out a sigh not really wanting to be alone but figuring that he needed to find a place for them to sleep at least. He quickly and gracefully ran out of sight before anyone could find the beaten up guys. He walked down all the streets and walked towards an older part of town, it was once a part of the rich part of town but was abandoned after people from the slums as they were called attacked them and it was easier just to build anew. Phill walked through the abandoned streets with most houses burnt down or really broken down. He found a diamond in the rough,it was a small house with one bedroom a kitchen a living room and a bathroom. He walked around the home and was surprised that there were no holes in the cieling. He saw a few old and broken furnishing like a couch and bed both still functional.