ShadowMonster

Nalom

Kimon flinched at the yelp, but moved to hold her a bit tighter, glancing down at her legs- Was something wrong? He softly chirruped at the sight of blood, wrapping his wings around the girl as she clung to him, slipping one underneath her arms to support her better, though it felt odd to him. "Careful..." he whispered, concern clear in his tone as he turned his attention back to the other winged stranger, shifting to look in his direction and... Maybe shield the human's eyes from him a bit, as she had seemed quite dazed when looking. Perhaps it'd be easier for her to hear, but not be able to completely see? He wasn't sure, but the strange lady had his worry, and he wanted to at least try to help.

"S.. Starfall? I... That's..." She was going to say a 'weird name', but considering she knew of towns named Elbow and Eyebrow... Yeah, she was in no position to judge. "...Where is Riverside?" Okay, well, it was a fairly common town name, but Divina needed a place to start, at least. She hesitated before answering the woman's other question. "Well, I've been taken from my home and left to likely waste away in a forest that doesn't seem to be anywhere near where I live. Ah, but right, I'm not in danger at all." She placed her shaking hands behind her back, biting her lip and glancing around.

Phill was continuing to stretch and continued to hum to himself.he was not quite used to using hispowers in front of others so he stook to levitation. He smiled as he heard rain's name and chuckled as he felt rain's eyes on him. He hoped to continue hanging out and keeping Rain company. Phill watched Rain as he was sitting in the soft grass, stretching out as he put his feet together close to himself to stretch his legs out some more. He smiled as rain seemed to be watching him closely "maybe we could train together? You have a tail more than i do and could probably help me a little bit at least."

Phill felt a set of eyes on them and his ears twitched from any small sound from the birds chirping or other small animals wandering through the forest. Phill watched as Rain moved right beside him and began staring in a certain direction. Phill stood up slowly as he hummed and kept his eyes closed. His tail swayed softly as he adjusted his shorts while making sure his tail could get out of the rip in his shorts. He picked up his light and soft hoody and put it over his shoulder "besides, i don't really like being alone."

"Besides, I don't really like being alone." Came the high voice from behind rain. Turning his head slightly but still keeping his eyes on the young boy he gave brownie the occasional look to see his take on the boy.

Brownie bent over and picked up his hoody off of the ground and humming out a note every now and again he looked into the direction of the boy. From the way he moved and talked he didn't mind the boy, he more so gave of the impression that he would not mind making someone else's acquaintance today.

after a couple of minutes of inactivity from the boy other than the occasional move tail flick and ear moving rain breather in deeply and exhaled somewhat silently. Loosening his posture he decided to give the boy the benefit of the doubt. He still didn't trust either one but neither was attacking and both seemed intrigued by each other.

Giving one last look at both he moved gracefully over to the tree again, looking back over at the brownie and Blondie rain shook his head. Lifting his head slightly as an indication at the two he mumbled out “what your names?"

Giving it a minute he waited and stood still, he was slightly hoping that brownie would offer to train with him again. He may take him up on it although he would have to be careful not to hurt him. In hand to hand he suspected he was probably better at it. Because that was his lively hood up until recently.

Phill watched as Rain slowly moved over to the tree and looked back at him. Phill let out a soft sigh and face palmed at the question. "I'm sorry, i asked yours but never gave mine, just call me Phill. Maybe some time we could train together? I have always been good at hand to hand combat having had to use it a lot but my powers are still weak and growing in power so i should try and get as much from hand to hqnd as possible." Phill wasn't telling the whole truth but at least he told part of it though the reason he had to use it was to get money or food and at one time he was even paid to fight by some sort of person saying all sorts of lies. Phill could only really rely on his senses and illusions, his power of flight and electricity were inconsistant. His eyes shone a bright gold as he looked between the two other kitsunes not trusting them but also not showing that fact. Phill pulled a bottle of water from inside his hoody and a granola bar from one of the outside pockets. He took a bite of the granola bar as he opened the bottle his tail swaying around peacefully. Phill looked at the other two and shook his head before locking eyes with Rain. "You are older and showed up first, is there a reason i seem to be attracting other kitsunes? Do i smell hurt? I dont remember calling out or anything, is it something i should be concerned about?"

"You are older and showed up first, is there a reason I seem to be attracting other kitsunes? Do I smell hurt? I don’t remember calling out or anything, is it something I should be concerned about?" Came a question that rain hadn't been expecting, felling slightly taken aback and embarrassed he just shook his head.

Looking from Phill to the Blondie and back again he decided he would most definitely not tell Phill it was his really sweet scent that had drawn him here like a magnet. Rain smiled at Phill and chuckles finely, he already though he was some perv the last thing he need was to give him another reason not to trust him. Such as rain wanting to have eaten him before.

Rain watched as he bent down a brow a water bottle and another granola bar from his hoodie. After he had taken a drink from the water and a bite form the food rain stood back up and walked to stand over by Phill. Rain leaned down into a fighting stance and waited; if he wanted practice rain would help. Looking up at Phill, rain let his tails sway in the wild that blew through the clearing. Plastering a playful grin on his face he reached out and gently punched phills arm.

He jumped back a little to give him room to decide what to do. Looking back over at the blond kitsune he met his eyes again. There was something unsettling about him, but it could just be that he’s like a kid and rain was not that great with people but even worse with kids.

Edited by Acornia

Bec's silence may have been perceived as meekness but in reality, Bec was just trying to figure out how this body worked. There was a onslaught of sensory informatio. Smells and sounds he could not pick up as a butterfly or normal human. After the shock of everything subsided, he raised his eyes and looked at the two tailed boy then to the blond. There was never any telling who choose Bec's form when a group was present. That often lead to a bit of tricky maneuvering Bec decided to keep it simple. "I'm...I don't know where I am..." he said in a small voice, not compleatly lieing, "Can you help me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YEEEEEEESSSSS an unheard voice whispered in Hector's ear as he watched helplessly as the girl toppled backwards and impailed her calf on a lose stick. Hector watched in silence as the girl relized and panicked. Hector hung his head andtrued to take off again.

noooooooo the voice hissed and made the bird pause with his wings open, Stay! Not Dooooone. Hector did not understand. Two seperate occurances of bad luck have happened to the girl he was targeting, why was he still here?

Hector turned and looked back to the group. The pull shifted like the wind, but this time was unlike ever before. the pulled was coming from all sides, like he was drowning in it. Hector's form shimmered as he ruffled from the feeling. Hetor focused on the grou once more, "My name is Hector and I mean you no harm," he said carefully, "But, there is a disaster approaching. One bigger than I have ever felt". Hector fell still, as if in a trance, "What is the nearest population center" he asked, keeping the fear from his voice.

Phill smiled softly as he saw the playful smile appear on Rains face. He chuckled as he felt his arm be punched. He had just lowered down into a playful position himself as he saw the other kitsune move and heard it speak. Phill kept his tail playfully swinging behind him as his eyes scanned between the two others. "You are in a forest clearing if that wasn't obvious and as far as helping you, what do you need help with?"

"I'm...I don't know where I am.., Can you help me?" Came a small voice from the boy. It was just above a whisper, he sounded a little frightened and possible a little out of it. Rain stood up faceing the boy.

"You are in a forest clearing if that wasn't obvious and as far as helping you, what do you need help with?" Whipping his head back to phill he noticed that he wasnt looking at the child but still held a edge of caution.

Rain wasn't sure what to do in a situation like this so he opted for stairing at the kid again, waiting for him to say something else. He didnt trust him, but he was a kid. What harm could they do. He suspected not as much as the evidence in the clearing showed for phills training

Crossing his arms over his chest rain looked around the clearing while keeping a ear pointed in both direction. some nearby trees had little burn marks, on others where cuts and stab marks. The wind picked up making the leaves blow out and about on their branches.

Looking back at the boy, rain sniffed the air to see if he had a scent. What little he got was that of damp earth and the musky scent of the woods. He wasn't sure it it was coming from the woods themselves of from the boy.

Bec dropped his eyes to the grass at the blonde boy's answer. Of course he knew he was in a clearing but he guessed that was exactly as vague as the question he asked. Bec watched silently and with interest as the two kitsunes geared up to train.

Bec looked up at the kitsune with two tails and his eyes gleamed. He was sifting through the psychic link that had formed, trying to find something that made himmore sympathetic. Be locked onto a small fact, "I...The people who raised me...my family...They were attacked by men who thought they were traitors", Bec said, drawinng his knees up to his chest. Bec caught the eye of the green tinted kitsune, 'i was told to run...so I did". Bec's eyes gleamed with the mist of tears and he looked away to hide it. He knew that the memories were not his but the emotions were real. Even if the kitsunes did not know how to help him, hanging around might not be a bad idea.

Alexa clung to the harpy, too busy trying to not throw up and attempting to figure out how to fix her leg to consider just how awkward it was to be clinging to a complete stranger - who happened to be a creature she didn't realize actually existed until minutes before - who she didn't even know the name of. Her thoughts were broken by the second man speaking.

"A disaster? What do you mean? How do you know? Where even are we?!" Panic reappeared in her voice. She took a deep breath and bit down hard on her bottom lip to keep tears from fleeing her eyes. A small drop of blood escaped her lip but was snatched back by her tongue; she already had blood crawling down her leg, she didn't want it going down her chin too.

The surprise on Randi's face was blatantly clear when Divina told her she'd been kidnapped. "I-I've never heard of any town called Riverside around here. But I d-dunno, I've never lived anywhere but Starfall. There might be a place somewhere further away called Riverside.." she paused, "but I swear, I-I didn't kidnap you, and I'm terrible sorry you were. I-I..." she had no idea why, but she was about to say something very unlike her, "I'll try to help you find your home." Her brain regretted her words as soon as they escaped her lips.

Phill sighed as Rain turned away to stare at the other new kitsune that needed help. Phill poked a finger at the back of Rains neck and drew it across while shaking his head. Phill looked over at the kitsune that held it's knees to it's chest and let out a soft barely audible sigh. "I don't think there is any helping that...sadly if they were killed they are not going to be coming back, you will need to find shelter and find a way to take care of yourself. I have my own cave, i am not sure about rain but it is the only thing i could think of." Phills ears twitched as he listened to the leaves blowing across the the ground enjoying the sounds and smells of the forest, this area being his favorite due to the opening where if a storm was to come he could absorb the lightning without worrying that it will hit a tree instead. "To be honest i don't know either of you or why you two seemed to just appear around me or why so i am slightly on edge, i want to know that neither of you are not lanning to kill me, if that is the reason you are here you may as well attack me now."

Kimon made a confused noise at the question, and was about to respond when the female he was holding spoke up, sounding quite panicked. He swallowed down another chirp, shifting to hold her closer and maybe offer some comfort- As well as take most of her weight. She was nice to him and injured, after all; He wanted to do all he could. And... She did sort of compliment him, in a roundabout way.

He had to admit that he was a bit weak to compliments.

"...I... She has a point. And... Why do you want to know...?" He frowned, furrowing his brow. "B-But... We're in the woods near... Ah, I don't remember the town name. Fallstar...?" ...So close, yet so far. "I don't leave the forest much." A weak shrug, and he averted his gaze, shifting in discomfort. While most of the attention was on the other stranger or the girl, he still felt uncomfortable with the little attention he was given.

Divina paled, but took a deep breath in, forcing herself to calm. "...What's... The continent called? Or... Anything about this place?" She was going to try to figure out just how far away from home she was first, she decided, slowly making her body relax. "I... I'm sorry, I'm just... Very shaken. I've never met anyone like you before, and.. I'm sorry." Lashing out was no way to get help, after all. She decided to change her approach; Besides, Randi looked just as shocked. It was unlikely she'd know why or how she ended up here.

"Fallstar..." Alexa muttered to herself. The name didn't ring any bells. She'd couldn't have been unconscious for too long, right? New York couldn't be too far away. Maybe she was in Canada, or maybe this was New Jersey. "A-are we anywhere near New York city?" She asked the harpy softly. She tried her best to keep her voice and herself calm. All the stress and fear mixed with the sight of her own blood was making her feel nauseated.

"Drazem. We're on the continent of Drazem," Randi replied, quieting her voice a bit, "I can understand, I'd be pretty shaken too if I woke up in some random place." Randi honestly felt sorry for the girl, which was a major reason she didn't simply turn into a bat and fly away. Plus then she'd feel extremely guilty for the rest of her life for leaving a lost kid in the middle of a forest.

"I...The people who raised me...my family...They were attacked by men who thought they were traitors", came the small boys voice. He had drawn his knees up to his chest and sat there quietly. His solemn words struck a cord in rain, he felt like his heart was shattering as horrid memories came flying back to the surface of his mind. Memories buried long ago.

Rain recoiled from the boy, hurt apparent on both of there faces. One marked with tears the other pasty. Back up a couple of steps rain shook his head trying to dislodge the memories.

Rain was pulled away by phill speaking to the boy about a home. One rain himself didnt have. A makeshift camp didnt count as a home. A home is a place filled with laughter and love. Family and friends, things he didnt have.

Feeling water trickle down his face he reached a hand up to his cheecks. The tips of his fingures came away wet and they smelled of salt. Rain couldnt remember the last time he had cried, it was like a foreign action to him.

Hulting his retreat from the clearing he looked back at the boy, he was torn between the desire to help the boy or flee from the memories. Rain watched and contemplated his actions, staying in the safety of the tree line.

The sound of hooves splashing was oddly absent as the the kelpie-taur made his way down the riverbank. All around, a myriad of insects and frogs chattered and chirped, and above in the canopy birds hooted and shrieked. Besides him and the longtime inhabitants of the bog, there was no one.

He regarded the treetops--it was late daytime, from what he could make out. Easy to assume otherwise; there was an omnipresent mist lingering over the bog, and a thick fog was starting to roll over his submerged feet. Hopefully, he thought, there would be few people out and about near the river at this time of the day. He picked up his pace and trotted onward, a handful of jewelry sparkling with rubies and emeralds in tow.

---

He came out into a clearing, allowing for more of a view of the town sitting in the distance--Seberholm. He carefully went to work, placing the silver bands in the dirt and tapping them with mud, draping necklaces in seemingly misplaced spots as if dropped by some merchant heedlessly forging through the waters on a time constraint. The most glamorous piece--a bangle studded with amethysts and peridots and interspersed with diamonds--remained on his wrist, eyecatching even in the eldritch lighting. Under the cover of the mossy willows and cedars, he waited, spying a lone satyr making their way toward the clearer end of the river, where the sunlight could touch the ground. He lifted a hoof to advance, but faltered when she--he realized--was quickly followed by a large male satyr and four children. The kelpie-taur rolled his eyes and flicked his head.

"Tuh," was all he could manage.

Maybe if he was lucky, one of the children could be coerced to follow him back to the depths. There was one picking at the stones in the riverbed, holding them up for his mother to see against the light; an easy target for his curiosity. But it was at the risk of being foiled by his family, who he would not like to pick a fight with.

For now, he could subdue the craving growling in his belly and squeezing at his brain. For now, at least.

He turned to go back.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Hector faced the girls machine gun questions without moving or expression. He remained silent for several moments after se was finsihed, meeting her pleading eyes with his unexpressive ones. finally, he answered, "I can't explain it. I just know when bad things are going to happen", he replied simply. He glanced between the harpy and the girl and relized he needed to change his doom and gloom attitude. He was not helping tis girl's state of mind, not to mention that she eeded a doctor.

Hectordid a double take when she asked her big question. The question told him volumes about how much trouble she was really in. Her and maybe everyone in Nalom.

"A-are we anywhere near New York City?"

Hector grew still, his eyes widened a hair in surprise;

"DId you just say New your City?"

His voice revealed the surpirse he was feeling. New york...That wasn't a skip across the pond where they were.

"New York City...That's... That's not around here" He said sadly, he truely felt for this girl, "You're in Nalom now"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[iUh oh[/i] Bec thought when he caught the boy's reaction to what she said. The blonde boyy's answer was expected; short, empathetic and he learly meant well. The problem was it sounded as if he felt obligated to help. It was nice and all but Bec was used to a certain lifestyle that did not occur in a cave.

The two tailed kitsune was another story. It seems as though Bec had found his host, it was him that picked his form. He should have known sooned and kicked himself for not realizing it. Bec realized that he had laied it on a little too thick and provoked a powerful emotional response.

Bec stood and dusted the dead grass off his jeans, making a note that they now looked less tattered than earlier. Carefuly and swiftly, Bec crossed the small clearing towards the tearful Kitsune. Bec Gently wrapped his arms around the boy's middle. He was sorter than the kitsune and his head was level with his chest. The hug was quick. When He finished, Bec stepped back his own tear misted eyes met his, "I'm sorry", he said softly, "I have no intention to hurt you". Bec sniffed and wipped his eyes with the heel off his hand and looked at the paranoid kitsune, "Either of you"

Phill watched as the two others seemed to have a breakdown. He kept his emotions hidden for the most part and decided that he could try and distract from the pain. As he went to speak the blonde boy ran at rain, phill got low unsure what was going on but ready to attack if he saw violence. Phill let out a sigh as the blonde only gave Rain a hug and appologized. Phill smiled softly as he heard the blonde say that he had no intention of hurting either of them. Phill slowly walked up to them as he finished his granola bar andlet his hands rest behind his head, looking up as a tear had escaped his eyes though he usually didn't show emotion he figured he could show them a little. "I have been attacked a few times and one thing i have learned is there is safety in numbers, i live alone in a cave as my house and it isn't much but if you two don't have anywhere to go you can always stay with me for a while. The cave is pretty large and has a fork off deeper in that i haven't explored too much, being satisfied with the main part of the cave and all." Phill decided if he wanted to not be alone he had to stop thinking everyone was out to get him and maybe them finding him was all coincidence but he still didn't know much about either of them."

The hunger grow up in him like a raging fire. On that no matter how much he ate or drank it would never be extinguished. He had lived with it his whole life, it was a part of him. It didn't matter if he took refugee in a form that everyone loved, a from or purity and life. The hunger time and agian would beckon out his darker side.

Today was no different, but the hunger seemed worse today. It may have been the parking in sky calling his true nature or it could have been the wet swampy looking river that lay just outside of his refugee in the woods.

"Mommy look, Isnt it pretty"? Came the voice of a child. Tilting his head in the direction of the voice dauõa's stomach rumbled as his blue eyes took in the form of 4 sayters. A little girl with blond hair picked up a trinket, lost from some poor traveler or seller.

She turned swiftly in the to look up at her mother smiling brightly at her find. Smiling back the mother reached down and placed a guiding hand on her back, stearing her away fron the water.

Hungry dauõa took his mask off of his string belt and held it in front of his face. Thinking about the family he was about to ruin he let out a rugged breath as he slips it on. His bones snapped and cracked ad the broke and grow. The mask sent out tendrils of white as it snaked its way around his head. Pain raked his body but the pain in his hollow stomach aches more.

When the pain subsided he reached out a hand to balance himself on a near by tree. Adjusting his eyesight he looked back at the family. Taking the father would probably work best. The mother would flee back to the saftey of the town as the father fought with him for their lives.

Inhaling the damp smell of stagnant water dauõa took a step out of the tree line and ran on powerfully built legs. Taking the tall well build male sayter by suprise dauõa jumped at him, tackling him to the ground. He may have been big but dauõa was stronger.

Screams erupted from behind him. Telling him that the others where frightened. Good maybe they would run, leave him in silence to eat him warm meal alone. The sayter struggles and brought his fist up aiming to hit dauõa in the face. Dauõa ducked to the side but not before he felt the fist swipe by. Quickly grabbing his hands dauõa raised his claws high into the air getting ready to end the sayters life.

--------. -------------------

The boy stood up swiftly and dusted himself off. Rain watched quietly as he ran over to him. Placing his arms around him ran froze. Slowly working his arms open rain pulled away and put him at arms lenght.

"I have been attacked a few times and one thing i have learned is there is safety in numbers, i live alone in a cave as my house and it isn't much but if you two don't have anywhere to go you can always stay with me for a while. The cave is pretty large and has a fork off deeper in that i haven't explored too much, being satisfied with the main part of the cave and all." A warm feeling came spreading through his middle. Still he didnt know them that well. But looking back at both he could see that they felt the same way. Neither one trusted the others but none wanted to be alone. Nodding his head gently in phills general direction he looked back at the boy giving him a strange look. He would try it, try to have a new 'family' but he didnt have confidence that it would last.

Turning his back on both he held his hand out toward the gerenal direction of his small makeshift camp. " I'll be back." Giving one last glabce over his shoulder he stepped off into the woods. He didn't care if they followed as he made his way back. He stepped carefully over branches and weeds while collecting his thoughts.

Bec smiled as the one introduced as Rain showed his discomfort with his sudden hug. Rain must have made up his mind on whatever he was considering before the hug. The man told them he was going to come back before strolling off into the trees. Bec waved when he looked back and watched him vanish into the underbrush.

Wait? How long had he known him?

"Wait. Let me come with you", Bec said softly. He was alone with the Kitsune named Phil. Things were going to get tricky.

In the time between one of Phil's blinks. Bec was no longer a small boy. Her old psychic connection was broken so a new one was made with the next observer. Standing in the clearing now was a woman of her early twenties. Her skin was greco-olive, a skin tone that further drew out the green of her eyes. Her hair was black and cut short, looping curls bounced as she moved. Black fox ears with brilliant tips of hot pink twithed at every movement. She stood at about five eight and shifted her weight to her left leg as she tured to look sheepishly at the Kitsune. Two jet black fox tails with a skunk stripe of pink swayed behind her. She was wearing the same ripped jeans as her previous forms but was wearing a black band T-shirt (((What's your favorite band Volt?))) that looked fresh from the store. She grinned at Phil innocently, "Soooooo....My names Bec"

Edited by padfoot

((My favorite band, i dont really have one. I like a few things of any genre))

Phill looked at Rain as he began leaving, saying he would be back soon. Phill watched as one second there was a small kitsune asking to go with Rain and the next there was a taller kitsune women who introduced herself as bec. Phill was taken aback to say the least and seeing her reminded him of his mother, that thought caused a few tears to fall down his cheeks to drip to the ground. Phill let his tail sway back and forth behind him as she smiled at him and introduced themselves as bec with an innocent smile."well that raises quite a few questions, it is nice to meet you bec but is there a reason you were a boy and now you look like...look like my mom did?" It all seemed to throw phill off ever so slightly as he watched her every move unsure of how she did it. "My first question is are you able to become any gender at any time?" Phill's tail stopped swaying and fell behind him so the green tip brushed the leaves on the ground and his bright golden eyes searched her face for any sort of hint as to how the change just suddenly happened.

Bec looked slightly baffled at his first question, "I was a BOY?" she asked. She didn't really have time to...check the situation out...So, she though she was just a little girl. Bec shook her head and got her train of thought back. Her face lit up and let out a delighted squeak, "That's so cute! I look like your mom?", She exclaimed, checking her form out.

Bec waved her hands at him when she caught him studying her closely, "OOh Quit. I don't know how it works either", She asid, stiking her tongue out at the man, "I just know I could become a tree in the next few minutes". He then placed her hands on her hips and studied the man back, "What are you doing out here anyway?" She asked.

Phill was caught at her not knowing about it herself. "Well you looked like a boy i mean, it is hard to tell." She seemed to be excited to look like his mom and he was having trouble to tell why she seemed so excited.phill let his ears twitch while his tail swayed from side to side as he looked up at the sky. Phill had his hands together as he played with his fingers and thumbs like he usually did without being able to stop himself, he always had to do something with his hands though it happened even more when he was nervous.

Phill focused back on her when he saw her waving her hands at him and telling him to quit. He chuckled softly as she stuck her tongue out at him. She heard her talk about being a tree and chuckled "a tree? As far as why i am out here the cave is free where as other places would cost money so living out here costs a lot less. If instead you meant the clearing if not able to be determined by the claw marks as well as all the other clues this is where i come to train so i make progress."

"New York.." Before the harpy could mumble anything else, the other stranger cut in, and he blinked, cocking his head. He didn't know what either of them were talking about, but he did know that the girl wasn't anywhere near her home, and combined with everything else that was going on... "...We... We need to treat your wounds before you lose too much blood. Then... You two can talk during...?" His voice grew quieter at the end as he began to lose confidence, flinching into himself a bit for even suggesting such a thing.

Why did I even think of speaking up? I'm such a fool. His thoughts screamed against him.

At that... Divina paled, falling silent and staring in shock for a few moments. This- It had to be a joke, right? There was nowhere called that, but... Nothing looked familiar. And there was a shapeshifter, and... Nothing was right. Nothing made sense. So was it really too odd to consider that this might be a different world...?

"D... Drazem...?" she managed to get out after a bit, her voice little more than a whimper, even as she tried to sound strong. "..This.... T-This isn't a joke.. Is it...?" And with a soft and muffled sob, she slid to the ground, crumbling into herself as she began to shake with poorly-concealed tears.

Rain walked for a couple of minutes in silence thinking over the days events. They were almost comical how things had turned out. Giving a small chuckle rain looked up at the sky, running his hand through his hair. Watching for stones and branches in his way he continued on til he came to the little camp he had called home for a little while.

Rain had very few possessions so in no time at all he had his small travel bag packed and his book in his hand. Looking one last time around to make sure he didn't miss anything he set out, back to the clearing.

As rain walked he listened to the chirps and squeaks of the birds and squirrels running about, the air was clean and fresh giving rain a calm in his soul that shouldnt have felt. Rain was coming back to the clearing slowly, he was getting close though. About 10 feet in front of him he could make out the patchwork of phill as he stood talking to the kid. Rains feet and hands itched with excitment at this turn of events in his life. Now if only he could break out of his social problems.

Alexa froze with her mouth slightly ajar. Nalom? Where and what the heck was Nalom? It sounded made up. Where was she? Chills flew down her spine, causing her to shiver. When the harpy spoke she was jolted away from her thoughts again. She glanced down at her wound when he mentioned blood and instantly felt a wave of nausea flood over her.

"Y-yeah, g-good point..." she muttered, "b-but how? I don't have anything to clean it with or anything like that..." her voice had grown very soft and distant. Feelings of sickness and pain and confusion overwhelmed her. She couldn't recall a single time she'd felt half as fearful.

Randi's eyes widened as Divina slipped onto the ground and began to weep. She ran over to the girl and went onto one knee next to her. "A-are you alright?" she asked even though she already knew the answer was clearly no. "Wh-where are you from?"