kreepers_killer

Is it snowing yet?

We had SNOW - 4.5" at my house! We're just a wee bit north of Austin, Texas... & snow is somewhat unusual here. 

Oh yes, we have snow. It's looking so different here compared to January 2020. Unfortunately the weather is now getting warmer again. 😿 ❄️

Edited by Varislapsi

Yes! It was snowing all day! Not very much, looks like less than 2 inches, but just constant, light snow. So pretty 🌨❄️🌔

On 1/11/2021 at 1:50 AM, JaneMcAsh said:

We had SNOW - 4.5" at my house! We're just a wee bit north of Austin, Texas... & snow is somewhat unusual here

That's like a Fauci level understatement. Snow is unusual there. Snow that can be measured in inches is unheard of. I have heard of 18-wheelers bringing trailers full of snow from the north to Texas so children could experience what it's like to play in snow. 

No snow. It's 50 F. and the sprinkle of rain was like plink plink. I went out to look and there were tiny ice pellets falling for a few minutes. My suspicion is it was sleet, not hail. Supposed to get colder... and this might be a sign it's going to be a lot colder than forecast.

We got some snow last night/this morning. Our second snowfall, actually, but I didn't take pictures of the first one. That's the view from the top of the stairs to my apartment.

20210211_080813.jpg

On 2/5/2021 at 1:25 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's like a Fauci level understatement. Snow is unusual there. Snow that can be measured in inches is unheard of. I have heard of 18-wheelers bringing trailers full of snow from the north to Texas so children could experience what it's like to play in snow. 

No snow. It's 50 F. and the sprinkle of rain was like plink plink. I went out to look and there were tiny ice pellets falling for a few minutes. My suspicion is it was sleet, not hail. Supposed to get colder... and this might be a sign it's going to be a lot colder than forecast.

Latest weather report says that we will be getting MORE SNOW on Sunday or Monday! It's been under freezing here in Austin, TEXAS, for the last 2 days, too. 🥶

3 minutes ago, JaneMcAsh said:

Latest weather report says that we will be getting MORE SNOW on Sunday or Monday! It's been under freezing here in Austin, TEXAS, for the last 2 days, too. 🥶

Supposed to get down to 10 F. Monday night/Sunday morning. Not normal at all.

Threat of ice, too.

Still freezing in Austin, Texas, 4-5" of snow on the ground (with ice under that). Probably won't get above freezing until Friday (maybe)...  Hubby & I are lucky that we still have power, but only a trickle of water (which has to be boiled). The trick will be to remember how miserable this has been when we're over 100 for this Summer (27 consecutive days in 2020)! 

Pic from Feb 15... snow still here, now with a layer of ice on top (there is an invisible street between us & that house).

2021-02-15_13_12_50.jpg

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Washington State here, we just recovered from having around a foot of snow followed by an icestorm. Knocked out a bunch of trees and power lines. We didn't have any snow the previous months and I wanted to have at least some snow before winter ended but not like this. Be careful what you wish for haha

In the southern Finland the snow has started to melt. 😿 I'm not ready for spring!

I've lived in [redacted] for my whole life and it's never snowed (in fact, i don't think its even gone below 7 degrees Celsius in my memory!)

I've been dreaming so much of snow and cold weather lately! I'm not a summer person at all and the heat is difficult for me. I just read we've had the most heat days (over 25 degrees Celsius) in 60 years this June, in Finland. Not very surprising. And there are still people who think that climate change isn't a real thing...

Me too (VERY N of England) - and on our single track unclassified road - well, no hope of getting out any time soon. In the gales, we lost a tree and a half, too. My nearest town (very small one !) has had no power since Friday...

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Me too (VERY N of England) - and on our single track unclassified road - well, no hope of getting out any time soon. In the gales, we lost a tree and a half, too. My nearest town (very small one !) has had no power since Friday...

Not quite as bad as that, the gales were pretty tame (for gales) and no power loss. Still snow!

It only snows at the top of ''Mount Teide''. 

I live in an Island 👍 We've had rain without stop these days... So I guess it has snowed over the nights up there.

We had snow flurries this morning. They're the first of the season & the sky looks like a snow sky; all grey, & it it's cold out.

Currently 80 degrees here, so... nope. Lol We've had a few small rains the past few weeks but nothing major, I've never seen actual snow here although we do rarely get some hail.

We got a slight dusting the other night, nothing major. It's currently 30 degrees, but I think its a clear night sky. looking forward to the first decent snowfall though. :)

We've had a slightly colder period in southern Finland (-5 degrees Celsius or so) and today I woke up to a light snowfall that has continued the whole day. 😸 ❄️ I'm really, really hoping for a proper winter!

Edited by Varislapsi