kreepers_killer

Is it snowing yet?

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

More snow. And an earthquake (only a little one) yesterday. Another snow day for the kids so they're happy. How's it going over there @Fuzzbucket?

WAY more. NO hope of out for at least a week, I think. And we can't see out of our windows. When he went out to feed the birds he had to dig a path out the back door -  the hallway then filled with blowing snow, and I had to chisel out the instant ice to close it again.

Was the earthquake fracking related ?

Yes! Lots of snow on the way, apparently it's going to snow from 1pm onwards all day.

They've set out a red warning for our area - blizzards incoming!

Ha - hasn't stopped snowing here since overnight Monday to Tuesday.... We have well over 2 feet lying, now. And we are only under an amber warning - though that has now been in effect for three days.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ha - hasn't stopped snowing here since overnight Monday to Tuesday.... We have well over 2 feet lying, now. And we are only under an amber warning - though that has now been in effect for three days.

Wow. And people here are calling snow days because of little more than an inch. :dry: Though in fairness i think it's because of trouble with people getting into town from worse areas.

No it wasn't related but really weird because I've never been in an earthquake before even such a small one. They said last week's in Swansea was much bigger.

48 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Wow. And people here are calling snow days because of little more than an inch. :dry: Though in fairness i think it's because of trouble with people getting into town from worse areas.

No it wasn't related but really weird because I've never been in an earthquake before even such a small one. They said last week's in Swansea was much bigger.

Haha, well we've had at least 5cm here, where I live in the North, and my school hasn't shut itself for a snow day. XD It's one of the only ones in my area to actually be open so its actually rather annoying seeing everyone from the other schools having an easy week. At least we end a lesson earlier so we get extra time to get home but a lot of teachers and students are off so things are a little bit strained here.

I’ve heard there’s gonna be a storm around here soon. Sounds like a bad one too.

It doesn't snow at sea level, especially when you're not two minutes from the beach. One year it got close, but it wasn't soft; rather, it was akin to heavy bricks of ice falling on your head, and subsequently like inedible snow cones dropping on your feet. (We made "icemen." Sadly, they did not resemble the attractive mutant.) Right now, it's just raining.

I'm hoping to get back on the road again soon, since I hate staying in one place, and odds are, I'll be somewhere with snow.

I've never actually seen snow. Never, in my entire life. :lol: I once went somewhere where there was meant to be snow, but it had all kind of melted into sludge by the time I got there so I don't really count it. I've never been in proper snowfall with the pretty landscapes I see in other people's pictures. I definitely need to someday, though. I've always been a little jealous that in some countries kids get snow days and don't have to go to school, but we don't get heat days when it's upward of 40 degrees. :P How bad does the snow have to actually be before you get a snow day?

Edited by StormWizard212

AAAAND - we have a blizzard in the northern part of England...

We were recently completely cut off from everything for well over a week. The army had to bring in food, meds and fuel supplied for some people by Chinook helicopter. (I had plenty in - I always do - so I didn't care.)

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Rescue-crews-welcomed-as-they-bring-vital-supplies-to-stranded-town-and-villages-84960c70-2303-47fc-b707-88c5230772a4-ds

Snow days - basically, when it was literally impossible to get to school. In Canada, it was when the buses actually couldn't run, and there was a real risk that if anyone got to school, they would not be able to get home. Heat days are bad, but don't carry that kind of risk.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

AAAAND - we have a blizzard in the northern part of England...

Yeah, it's just started here. It was such a lovely spring day yesterday too. 

A friend in England sent me pictures earlier of the snow there. Crazy amount of snow! :o I don't envy you guys when it's like that!

Yup I live in Wales and it's snowing. My sister wants to stock up on bread and milk..

I think we only caught the edge of the storm that's hit the North UK, its back to being spring-like today. 

I slipped on ice yesterday, and I'm honestly kinda glad we're not the only ones with a never-ending winter here haha.

Ours is melting.

For now.

They are suggesting we might have a white Easter !

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They are suggesting we might have a white Easter !

Bite your tongue! :P

On 3/17/2018 at 12:41 AM, StormWizard212 said:

I've never actually seen snow. Never, in my entire life. :lol: I once went somewhere where there was meant to be snow, but it had all kind of melted into sludge by the time I got there so I don't really count it. I've never been in proper snowfall with the pretty landscapes I see in other people's pictures. I definitely need to someday, though. I've always been a little jealous that in some countries kids get snow days and don't have to go to school, but we don't get heat days when it's upward of 40 degrees. :P How bad does the snow have to actually be before you get a snow day?

I've actually wondered about snow days vs 'heat days'... Like, in school, isn't it just as dangerous for kids to be forced outside for a half-hour recess when it's 115+ degrees? I get that on snow days there's concern of not being able to get home after school, but what about the kids during school in the heat? I've seen kids at recess around here looking positively miserable because it's so hot, they can't play on on any equipment because it would burn, they're sweating... I'm just glad I was out of the 'recess' school-days by the time we moved here. 

I have pictures of me in the snow in the California mountains when I was really young, I would really love if it would snow here someday... Just once or twice, just enough to be able to experience snow again. Then again, looking at Fuzz's posts, maybe I should be glad we don't have snow!

We just got about 6 inches of mixed snow and sleet (and some rain/freezing rain) yesterday, here in central Illinois. Generally not too big a deal for this part of the country, but it's rather amusing to me that this, the biggest snowfall we've had all season, happened now that winter's officially over and we're supposedly into spring.