kreepers_killer

Is it snowing yet?

Its day three of snow this year where I'm at! And let me tell you, people here are acting like it's the apocalypse. Grocery stores have almost sold completely out, gas stations have actually run out, and the roads are littered with abandoned cars! There's Facebook posts selling milk for hundreds and somebody stockpiled all the salt, pricing it high also.

Lol I'm just happy to stay inside and read. Granted I do work tomorrow

We had some low lying 'snow clouds' yesterday afternoon, but it didn't snow, darn it.  They look like fog, but there is a difference that I cannot explain, but if you've experienced them, you'd know...

On 2/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, Nightwalkerkey said:

Its day three of snow this year where I'm at! And let me tell you, people here are acting like it's the apocalypse. Grocery stores have almost sold completely out, gas stations have actually run out, and the roads are littered with abandoned cars! There's Facebook posts selling milk for hundreds and somebody stockpiled all the salt, pricing it high also.

Lol I'm just happy to stay inside and read. Granted I do work tomorrow 

Keep safe out there and send some snow here in GA.

Nope.  Not unusual for here. Down here it rarely snows.  I live in a river valley, it forms kind of an air bubble that makes winter weather divide around us.  Places that are further south than us are more likely to get snow.

It is snowing here today. Think the storm skirted us. Not getting the 7 inches they warned we could get.

It snowed a few days ago in the late evening, but it didn't stick for very long...  Right now it is blowing a hard, cold wind!!!

We are just escaping from the snow. Only a few unmelted piles left. Now to enjoy the 3-4 months of sunshine we get before we reenter the white hell that is winter. Wind is still cold here, though. :(

I'm always amazed at how different the weather can be in different places, even just a few hours away... My friends had a light snow a couple weeks ago about three hours away from me, still in the same state, meanwhile here it's in the 90s and we are expected to hit 100 degrees by Thursday. 

Luckily not right now. There's still snow on the ground around here, but since it's been so warm recently I think it'll melt completely soon!

i live up in northern Florida, so nope! no snow. just a bunch of warm weather and sudden rainstorms. 😅

Finally, it appears that the seasonal snowfall had finally ended.  The last reported snowfall was last week with just a scattering in the mountains.  The temperatures ar now up in the 80's now.

Towards the beginning of April it snowed, but now I think we're done with snow for the year. It would definitely be some crazy weather for it to snow in May :blink:

Edited by Aqub

It's snowing where I live right now, and that's very unusual for the area. We literally have trees sprouting their leaves while covered in snow! What is going on with this weather? It's extremely soothing, but when they said winter is coming I didn't think it would get here so soon. Now I'm a believer.

We got snow predictions in the forecast today, but thankfully they didn't come true. Thank heavens, snow only days before May is ridiculous, even for Minnesota lol

Snowed all day here on Halloween! I felt bad for kids who wanted to trick-or-treat.

Edited by Aqub

I live at sea level in California. In short, it never snows here.

It doesn't snow very often where I am, but we had some crazy thunderstorms and hailstorms (sometimes simultaneously) all through October! I wonder if that means it will be a hard winter or not.... my husband is concerned that one of our cars might not survive a Snow Event. We had some Crazy (for this area) snowstorms last winter, our workplace shut down for 3-4 days - and since it normally doesn't snow, my employer at the time had no Snow Emergency Plan! The corporate office was calling all the workers, and the backup workers to see who could come in to work (company policy is to remain open At All Costs), but so many of us were just snowed in. I had fun not being at work lol but every morning was stressful because at least 3 people would call me asking about who was going to work and what the company policy was.

Gotta say, I grew up in an area that got heavy snow in winter. Since moving here, I miss the snow and all the fun that comes with it - however, as an adult I really hate driving in snow and thick ice. Ultimately, if I am forced to go to work, its better there's no snow hahaha. But I still miss the snow.

Here in VT and and it's the first day of snow on the mountains. We poor suckers down in the cities and towns have maybe a few days before we get hit

We are supposed to get a "wintery mix" tomorrow, which usually means sleet and ice. I would much rather have snow!

It's snowing!

There was no snow in the past few weeks, so it's a nice change. (If only I had remembered to move my car into the barn yesterday. Now it's covered in snow.)