kreepers_killer

Is it snowing yet?

Our most recent snow storm finished this AM, light powdery stuff that is easy to shovel but not for making snow balls. We got about 10". The Arctic wind is coming in soon dropping our balmy 11 degrees F to minus 20 degrees F below zero tonight. Our wind chill is now minus 14 degrees F but it will fall to minus 40 degrees F below zero tonight. BURRRR!

I've gotten my shoveling done and now having a cup of hot cocoa.

I'd gladly take that cold off your hands if I could, it's fairly normal winter temperatures for us.

Instead we've got a few days of just barely below zero degrees C. The snow has become wet and heavy and it's very slippery outside. My sister even got light concussion slipping on the ice yesterday. sad.gif

I'll take freezing cold and beautiful fluffy snow over this sweaty, slippery troll snot any day. dry.gif

Where I live in the South, we get hardly any snow. It makes me really sad because I've never gotten to experience a good snowfall, as I've lived here my whole life. sad.gif We get snow one day a year, at best, and it's an inch or less. I've never gotten to sled, go ice skating, have a good snowball fight... *shakes head* Sad life. oh whale

We had lots of snow about a month ago. Now nothing. I'm not a fan of snow, so I hope it will stay like this for the rest of the winter. laugh.gif

Right now we have about a foot on the ground, which is the most we've had in about 22 years, and we're supposed to get more over night! So excited since I don't have to work, I'll go outside and play with my nephew in the snow biggrin.gif

It hasn't snowed here since I moved here 15 years ago. According to weather records it hasn't snowed here since 1932. We did have a bit of a hail storm about 10 years ago that turned our grass white-ish with tiny hail balls, but never snow. 

You are kidding ? I am in the northern UK, and have been snowed in for 48 hours now; it is chucking it down, and about 18 inches deep plus drifts. It is supposed to continue through the weekend.

They are trying to keep main roads clear (they are rubbish at dealing with snow over here as "it doens't happen often enough" to invest in what's needed, and we live up a small road which isn't even on the clearance list...)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You are kidding ? I am in the northern UK, and have been snowed in for 48 hours now; it is chucking it down, and about 18 inches deep plus drifts. It is supposed to continue through the weekend.

They are trying to keep main roads clear (they are rubbish at dealing with snow over here as "it doens't happen often enough" to invest in what's needed, and we live up a small road which isn't even on the clearance list...

I'm North West and while it's not that bad the kids have a day off school today.

Edited by Wiz

It's not snowing right at this moment but there's a lot of snow around. I bet it'll still snow in May just like it did last year. :lol:

58 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I'm North West and while it's not that bad the kids have a day off school today.

Yeah - I saw that Cumbria's not that bad. I'm on the edge of Northumberland, near Alston and - NO chance. I can't even see across our yard at the moment.

At this time of year no snow? That's impossible here, as there'll always be a few cm of snow in Latvia. Funny enough, March has snow while Christmas - no snow at all, just freezing temperatures haha

Speaking of which, it's possible that tonight it went all the way down to like -33°C here. In the morning it was -20°C.

Apparently my old home that I just moved away from a couple months ago just got snow. Well, snow in the hills/mountains, and then some hail in the actual urban areas. :D 

The place I live now will probably never see snow. Which is fine with me, I don't do well in super cold weather. 

We're expecting heavy snow this afternoon and into Friday morning. It's so bizarre, just yesterday it was 13 degrees and sunny. Plenty of people (myself included) were out and about in t-shirts! :blink:

More snow. And an earthquake (only a little one) yesterday. Another snow day for the kids so they're happy. How's it going over there @Fuzzbucket?