TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

Wait, so WolfyGirly is right? Because I really don't get that out of the description at all blink.gif

" As the marker moves to the right, the more sick dragons become. As the marker moves to the left, dragons are cured of the dreaded malady"

Marker is more left = more dragons are cured = cure is winning? Right.......?

Idk how you guys can be so confused by sides since the dragon skull and medicine symbols are so obvious but here ~

user posted image

it's kinda easy to be confused because all this time i thought that the "longer line" is the winning line, aka, currently curing people are winning. I deduced that based on the flavor text

"As the marker moves to the right, the more sick dragons become. As the marker moves to the left, dragons are cured of the dreaded malady"

if the marker moves to the right the red line becomes longer hence infection is winning, and vice versa

So if that isn't the case, the current flavor text must be incorrect?

Edit: Well honestly I'm currently ok with not knowing how exactly the bar works. I'm gonna continue spreading plague regardless :y but I'll be glad to see definitive information on the matter anytime.

Edited by Mlu

Although I do find it difficult to tell apart blocks I've already clicked and hidden blocks due to the colour similarity.

I have the same issue :/

Other than that issue of struggling to see which ones I have actually clicked or not, I'm enjoying it, even if it is making me just a little bit frustrated. xd.png

So far, I think I've only managed to win about 3 times. tongue.gif

I have the same issue :/

Other than that issue of struggling to see which ones I have actually clicked or not, I'm enjoying it, even if it is making me just a little bit frustrated. xd.png

So far, I think I've only managed to win about 3 times. tongue.gif

focusing on this game and trying to solve its puzzles is good for the brain i imagine c; i love that about this game, educational?? probably trains focus and attentiveness? So long as its more fun than not, keep at it laugh.gif

Edit: The bug badge is growing on me. I just remembered the Cybugs from Wreck-it Ralph, and instantly started loving it way more. Ngghh cute bug.

Edited by Mlu

focusing on this game and trying to solve its puzzles is good for the brain i imagine c; i love that about this game, educational?? probably trains focus and attentiveness? So long as its more fun than not, keep at it laugh.gif

Edit: The bug badge is growing on me. I just remembered the Cybugs from Wreck-it Ralph, and instantly started loving it way more. Ngghh cute bug.

They're both pretty cool! And very well done badges. I wish I could have both of them, but as I can't... virus it is!

I wonder what would happen if someone did exactly the same number of cures as they did spreading the virus... what badge would they get...

Edited by silver_chan

They're both pretty cool! And very well done badges. I wish I could have both of them, but as I can't... virus it is!

I wonder what would happen if someone did exactly the same number of cures as they did spreading the virus... what badge would they get...

I cured, then spread, then spread and now cured and I got the Cure one

Focus and spatial reasoning! I keep trying to submit before my ten minutes is up.

I miss having Minesweeper on my computer. It's not part of Windows 10.

Yeah i can agree, the artists did a great job laugh.gif at the start of the day i really was thinking that at the end of the event i'd convert to a curator just for the badge, but not anymore 8) fear us, we will not back down

Maybe it just wouldn't register the change then? like if you had 13 cures and 14 infestations (hence the badge would be the bug) then when you got the 14th cure it would just remain as the bug, as that is what it already was beforehand, and would change only if you got the 15th cure.

Edited by Mlu

My cave looks cool, too, especially as one of mine's a Halloween dragon! xd.png

user posted image

If the spread/cure bar is supposed to be more cure when the marker is closer to the cure image, and more plague when the marker is closer to the plague image, the bar really shouldn't have two different colours. That just causes confusion. Make it a single colour and I can agree to that interpretation of it... right now purely going by visuals, it would indicate that the more red there's in the bar, the more plague there is; and the more blue there is, the more cure there is. So the marker is just a nice looking divider between the two.

@TheToxicCycle

Just click once or twice and take a screenshot. We will help you.

If the spread/cure bar is supposed to be more cure when the marker is closer to the cure image, and more plague when the marker is closer to the plague image, the bar really shouldn't have two different colours. That just causes confusion. Make it a single colour and I can agree to that interpretation of it... right now purely going by visuals, it would indicate that the more red there's in the bar, the more plague there is; and the more blue there is, the more cure there is. So the marker is just a nice looking divider between the two.

No, it's an intuitive understanding. The more red there is (the more to the right the marker moves), the more plague there is.

The meter measures the progress of the contagion across all of Galsreim. As the marker moves to the right, the more sick dragons become. As the marker moves to the left, dragons are cured of the dreaded malady

Back in 2015 during the Valentine seson we were able to decorate a cave. First we had to choose a lonely male dragon from our scroll and the Biomes were listed. So for me it was not a big suprise at all, that the cave in the background was different for different dragons.

At the end a decorated cave lured a female into the cave and the male dragon that we used will also change his apperance for example last year the potions.

More information on the wiki: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Matchmaking

Both dragons in my cave were covered in goo at the start of the event, but now my male dragon is cured. sad.gif

Searching my screenshot....

ETA: Found it! user posted image

Edited by Tigerkralle

Yeh I dislike Minesweeper too, haven't won once and I tried fifteen times, oh wells.

/cracks knuckles/ i hope you will decide to entrust us to guide you, cause we're ready to help out, everyone deserves a badge!

Maybe someone should have made a "Puzzle Helpers" thread in the discussion? Well, either way i am too lazy to make one, i rather lurk here unless one comes to exist.

looks like you missed 2015 V.day, if you click on someone else's 2015 V.day badge you can look at their caves

this should lead to mine http://dragcave.net/valentines15/inugamizero

Oh sad.gif Now I'm sad.

Oh well...

@SilverQuetzal I looked at yours and it looks like some of them are more like chances...It might just be that I'm not able to focus all of my attention on this right now, but there might be another one that could be easier?

Edited by gigglymonkey12

The disease spreader badges aren't actually bugs, they're bacteriophages =o It's one of the more popular visual interpretations of viruses.

The staff looks like a caduceus because of the wings, though that's the incorrect symbol for medicine and healing. The rod of Asclepius is the true symbol and has no wings and one snake curled around. It's so ingrained in culture though, I can't say it's surprising to see the mix up.

Edit: I looked it up and caduceus stands for trade and commerce. A far cry from fighters of the plague, lol.

Edited by Nine