TJ09

2016-10-25 - Halloween Contagion

This, but combine plague doctor with magical girl and that's my mental image. It's pretty great.

that is an interesting mental picture

ehh I want the plague to win but I like the healer badge better... I'd like to know now before it's too late and I contribute too much to the plague and my healer badge changes to plague out of a sudden... ehh

I believe it is indeed supposed to be (but it's not yet visible, bug?) based on how many times you chose one or the other by the end of each game. So i say if you really need to keep your cure icon, don't choose infestation too often.

Hopefully the bug will be sorted out at least a few days before the end, not everyone is keeping tabs on how many games they've played for either side. That way people would at least have time to correct their icons.

I remember seeing TJ say something about this somewhere, i really need to try and find that post, but i'm lazy ah

Edited by Mlu

OMG ohmy.gif

Completely by accident I clicked on the Valentine's Day cave badge and when it loaded up I realized my dragon's mate is all gooey looking! xd.png

user posted image

I'm having so much fun with this event! wub.gif

Also for anyone having trouble with the minesweeper game, I'd love to try to help!

laugh.gif That's great. Thanks for pointing it out, mine is too! Kinda fits since my Valentine's Day cave was a bit creepy anyway.

eta http://dragcave.net/valentines15/Laura-Borealis

Edited by Laura-Borealis

i'm an active spreader, and i feel overpowered by all you curing people, goodness! That bar just keeps on slowly creeping and creeping to the left! I wonder how the bar will keep progressing throughout the week laugh.gif will it just keep creeping to the left like that and never to the right? xd.png

i'm an active spreader, and i feel overpowered by all you curing people, goodness! That bar just keeps on slowly creeping and creeping to the left! I wonder how the bar will keep progressing throughout the week laugh.gif will it just keep creeping to the left like that and never to the right? xd.png

Left is increasing infection. It looks like the people spreading the infection are outweighing the people trying to cure it.

Edit: or left is decreasing infection? O.O The image on the right is the caduceus which should be toward the cure. The image on the left is of a skull, which should be toward the infection. The instructions are the reverse. I must ask the Bossman.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Perhaps something new happens every day? Like a storyline, without us being completely in control of what happens.

Edit

Fiona Bluefire, I think that was a mistake in the text earlier, this is what it reads like now:

The meter measures the progress of the contagion across all of Galsreim. As the marker moves to the right, the more sick dragons become. As the marker moves to the left, dragons are cured of the dreaded malady
Edited by Ripan

Perhaps something new happens every day? Like a storyline, without us being completely in control of what happens.

oh my that would be marvelous. If the whole week will only be like the way it is now with only the marker sliding left/right then i doubt many people will be inclined to keep at it. Well, maybe not many, i mean i intend to play all week round even if it stays like it is now and so maybe i'm not in the minority, but like if it did change somehow, it'd attract more people who already do not intend to play often.

Edit: maybe there's gonna be a new mini-game each day? :U will we be playing solitaire tomorrow? laugh.gif that would explain this current game's visual simplicity.

Edited by Mlu

Dang, I know they made zombies a year round thing now but I've tried for months and nothing.. And the event starts and I get 2 zombies!? I'm crying.

Ripan, I wrote the instructions. I know what I intended. TJ and I didn't really have a chance to discuss it though. The meter is a measure of sick dragons versus healthy dragons. The right end is definitely a caduceus, which is a symbol for medicine. The measure moving toward that symbol should be toward more healthy dragons.

Any confirmation that we can change our badge? I didn't know there were two different ones the first time I chose.

EDIT - Yes, we can change them - I just changed mine. ninja.gif

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Ripan, I wrote the instructions. I know what I intended. TJ and I didn't really have a chance to discuss it though. The meter is a measure of sick dragons versus healthy dragons. The right end is definitely a caduceus, which is a symbol for medicine. The measure moving toward that symbol should be toward more healthy dragons.

that's interesting. Now i am not sure anymore what exactly the marker indicates. Can anyone say for 100% certain what it means if the marker is in the left half of the bar vs the right half of the bar? The half being situated under the word Play. This is how i would understand it the easiest.

Edited by Mlu

Odd. blink.gif No disrespect meant, but I certainly interpreted that as a measure that more dragons are now being cured (more blue in the meter than red). Now I'm just confused. wacko.gif

Do you mean that it is currently not working the way you intended, or have we misinterpreted how it works?

Edited by Ripan

oh my that would be marvelous. If the whole week will only be like the way it is now with only the marker sliding left/right then i doubt many people will be inclined to keep at it. Well, maybe not many, i mean i intend to play all week round even if it stays like it is now and so maybe i'm not in the minority, but like if it did change somehow, it'd attract more people who already do not intend to play often.

Edit: maybe there's gonna be a new mini-game each day? :U will we be playing solitaire tomorrow? laugh.gif that would explain this current game's visual simplicity.

I intend to play all week. If it stays up that long. smile.gif

the infected undines look pretty cool, the sickness around their bodies actually kind of looks like it could be water spirits like mentioned in the adult breed description

All the 51 treats are now mine 8) and i never did say that that Divider is by FAR the best one out of all the years and events *-* i loove well made art so much. it's just straight out a pixelated painting, it has like atmospheric depth to it and everything, love it.

Idk how you guys can be so confused by sides since the dragon skull and medicine symbols are so obvious but here ~

user posted image

I forgot how much I love minesweeper! I've been playing faithfully every 10 minutes, just for kicks.

Idk how you guys can be so confused by sides since the dragon skull and medicine symbols are so obvious but here ~

user posted image

Because we interpret it as "there is more medicine side, therefore it's winning"

user posted image

Maybe because blue is a healing color, and fills more of the bar now.

Because we interpret it as "there is more medicine side, therefore it's winning"

Hmm yeah it could be that the blue indicates cured plague rather than virus spread aghhhh

user posted image

The confusion on my part is because it looks like a red/sickness bar is emerging from the plague symbol, and a blue/health bar is emerging from the healing symbol. So if the meter becomes entirely blue, health wins, and if it becomes entirely red, sickness wins. Right now the meter has more blue, so it looks like health is winning.

But Fiona already explained it doesn't work that way, so you're right, and thanks for the diagram!