Romulan

Could there be a Metals only event?

How did you manage to see a full scroll from dragons in the hatcheries without the scroll name? I'm not doubting, just curious.

Still not sure how it happened. I clicked on the egg, and the screen blipped and then showed me the scroll. I was using the older version of Allure of Neglected dragon before the domain name switch. I clicked on the egg and somehow I ended up on the front page of the scroll. I thought it was weird because it was the first time id seen a scroll with a hidden name.

Still not sure how it happened. I clicked on the egg, and the screen blipped and then showed me the scroll. I was using the older version of Allure of Neglected dragon before the domain name switch. I clicked on the egg and somehow I ended up on the front page of the scroll. I thought it was weird because it was the first time id seen a scroll with a hidden name.

Probably some glitch, thanks for explaining.

I'm going to have to say no support.

Even if these CBs dropping in the biomes for two days were "tagged", what about their children, grandchildren, etc? The *only* way to make the ratios completely unaffected would be to have these CBs be unbreedable, in which case I forsee a LOT of drama and fighting and probably not many people picking up the eggs to begin with.

The store will do exactly what this suggestion seems to want, but spread out and available to everyone (not just the people who happen to be on those two specific days). The store does not discriminate against users who want to keep their scrollcount low, users who only want one or two pairs of each breed. The store counts pretty much everything that you would normally do with a dragon; raising, naming, describing, etc. You save your points and you get a CB of whatever the heck you want.

And I have to state the obvious: A rare is rare for a reason. If golds dropped for two full days and the majority of players all got a CB, they would cease to be rare. Trading would go kapoot because you wouldn't be able to trade a CB Gold for very much, since most people will already have some.

And I have to stand up for those "unfair" people who breed messy lineages to the AP. I breed messy golds and silvers to the AP whenever I can, because I *know* that not everyone cares about lineages at all. Some people just want a gold or a silver, it doesn't matter what's in it's history. I breed for those people, and those people are grateful.

And I have to stand up for those "unfair" people who breed messy lineages to the AP. I breed messy golds and silvers to the AP whenever I can, because I *know* that not everyone cares about lineages at all. Some people just want a gold or a silver, it doesn't matter what's in it's history. I breed for those people, and those people are grateful.

Also for freezing! I always feel bad grabbing a nicely lined egg from the AP for freezing. I love finding messy rares because they are perfect freezing fodder without bringing on guilt. Messies of all kinds are grabbed instantly in the AP, and I rarely see them tossed back, meaning someone liked and kept them. Same with vampires and zombie fodder. I don't want to bite/zombie a nice lineage that someone else might need as a mate, but I have no guilt in biting/zombie-ing messy dragons.

What is messy to one person might not be to another person, too. I've seen some really cool lineages made out of "messy" lines because the person mirrored the same messy pattern in the mate and made it work. For that matter, even the messy commons, while they annoy me, are none of my business. If people want to breed all their messy lineages and dump to the AP, that's just a part of the game. Not everyone likes all my even gen lineages, either, but I still breed them and drop in the AP. Why is it okay for me to breed mine, which some people dislike, while someone else cannot breed theirs? In fact, unless they are breeding their gold to another very rare (in which case, they aren't likely to get many eggs out of them in the first place), it's going to HELP the ratios more often that not. I breed my messy golds and mostly get messy commons from them. Those messy commons help the ratios so that rares are easier to breed. If I get lucky and get a gold, well, someone is sure to want it. They always go really fast in the departures thread, even if they are messy.

And I have to state the obvious: A rare is rare for a reason. If golds dropped for two full days and the majority of players all got a CB, they would cease to be rare. Trading would go kapoot because you wouldn't be able to trade a CB Gold for very much, since most people will already have some.

And, pray tell, what is that reason?

If golds dropped for two days, they'd be common for up to 15 days. Not a second longer. Afterwards, trading would go back to normal - and everybody (who is on at the time) has a chance to get closer to their scroll goals. An event such as this would benefit everyone who hasn't met their scroll goal of CB metals, but not the people who merely need CB rares as trading fodder - which is usually those people who manage to catch CB rares anyway.

Overall, I think your arguments are far from sensible. However, this doesn't make the original suggestion in this thread any more viable.

Also re burnt scrolls:

I'd be good with removing dragons from burned scrolls.... provided they don't have offspring.
I never suggested removing dragons from burnt scrolls, I suggested removing them from the ratios. The dragons stay where they are, alive and well. It's just the ratios that don't count them any more to make up for what the cheater(s) got through cheating. If that makes any sense?

I have always considered myself a good catcher with a very good connection and high spec comp but still cannot catch a Gold, silvers are random caught 2 this week traded for another, not counting the ones i missed rolleyes.gif so yes they are getting gobbled up by Bots same as a lot of other rares sad.gif it would be nice to see something done about it instead of saying don't happen when we all know it does,

As for a metal event i don't think so, like mentioned below by Thuban years ago was impossible to give them away rolleyes.gif looks like Silvers are going that way again finding it hard to trade even for CB Commons blink.gif

Edited by rrattts

I'd be ok with this if a form of "migration" were to happen. In my mind, dragons move around in order to find better food/nesting locations (which is why sometimes they are harder to find, sometimes far easier). As a straight up event, no, I'm not really ok with the idea.. but as a random thing that happens every now and then where certain breeds get dropped in higher numbers for a short period of time, sure.

As many people have likely pointed out by now, a straight metal drop would really mess with ratios for the rest of the year. I remember when I first joined, you couldnt GIVE silvers away, because of just how common they were. I didnt bother keeping any of the cb metals I had caught in those early days, because back then, you could see them at least every ten minutes of dedicated hunting. I would hate to see something like that happen again, honestly.

This isn't going to happen as an in game CB Biome Drop Event, however, this would be a great idea to ask people to breed nicely lineaged metallics to the AP (this can also include prize and rares) on a certain day if you would like an attempt to have more lovely lineaged pretty rare eggs available that way. This is referred to as a "Breeding Event" and they are organized under the General Site Discussion Forum. Or if you want to set up a special Lotto/Raffle Day, people will often donate things like this, or things better than these. Or if you don't feel you could host one, you could ask for someone to organize one at a special time and I'm sure they would. Clya, for example, has ongoing Raffles/Lottos in the Forum Games Thread, (link on button in my sig) and others do theirs in the Trading Thread.

These are the possibilities you do have right now. Others have suggested other thread for other opportunities. It is not to say that your idea is bad, but there are just many really good reasons why it wouldn't happen that TJ isn't likely to ever do so much you can pretty much say this will "never" happen (Can't always say Never, but you get the idea). You may not feel that is fair to you personally, however, for the entire gamescope, it is. And in time you will probably come to understand this too. But if you just want to get various CB metallics, there are many threads and lottos that give them as prizes, or ways you can "earn" them. I would go look thru the Gifting Threads and get involved with these projects or maybe suggest something you would like to see if you don't feel its something you can do on your own. There are many ways to get these. But they are meant to be rare for a reason.

Because even if this idea was made and everyone grabbed as many CB metals as they could stand (with limits, or without, although this would highly encourage multi-scrolling), how is this fair to all the people who join the game AFTER that event and they didn't get a chance to stock up on rarer metallics? Its a never ending cycle of "its not fair" when really, its as fair as it can get right now. TJ isn't a mean jerk. But some things just take work in one form or another.

But if you have other talents, like art, or creating spreadsheets or organizing things, you would be amazed at how many people would pay CB metallics for uses of those skills. It is just going to require work or trading of one type or another. There just is no short cut.

Edited by natayah

Well, it seems pretty clear a day or days of dropping rares is never going to happen no matter how much it's thought out and argued over so it seems to me the next even remotely possible option for the vast majority of us who will never get a cave bred rare is to allow us to try and earn one.

There should be a system in place that lets people earn them. That's the only thing that would be fair to everyone. If you fulfill the requirement, whatever it may be, you get a CB rare. Fulfill it 5 times, get 5 CB rares. Maybe you could get a rare for every 100 you collect of each particular breed. *shrugs*

No one is going to be satisfied with any answer that depends on luck, so make the answer depend on effort.

But that would be a *bigtime* "forcing your playstyle on others". A lot of people here shoot for scroll goals of two or three pairs of each breed (some include one hatchling at both levels). Some are content with one pair. LOTS of people don't like cluttering up their scroll with hundreds of sprites that look identical. Making something as big as a CB Metal be available only to those who collect a certain way is leaving a *lot* of people out.

Pretty much what Marie said. At this point, I add 7 dragons per new release breed per variant (4 adults, 3 frozens). That's pretty much it, other than the occasional prize dragon. Earning rares by hoarding dragons help some people, but forces others to change their play style or miss out.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

But that would be a *bigtime* "forcing your playstyle on others". A lot of people here shoot for scroll goals of two or three pairs of each breed (some include one hatchling at both levels). Some are content with one pair. LOTS of people don't like cluttering up their scroll with hundreds of sprites that look identical. Making something as big as a CB Metal be available only to those who collect a certain way is leaving a *lot* of people out.

This. And I collect a lot of each. Even so no way would I want to be forced to collect 100 of anything. I do have that many of a very few and they annoy me enough that I sometimes think about releasing them....

This bit right here made me think of something. Our current trophies are bronze/copper, silver and gold right? How about adding an egg reward for each trophy level? Upon hitting bronze/copper, you get a CB Copper, at silver you get Silver, an at gold you get a Gold. This would be retroactive of course, since a lot of us are already at gold level. This would guarantee everyone gets one of each. And before someone yells cheaters, it's hard to get enough dragons without getting caught for a trophy, and if the scroll's dragons' are deleted its no big deal.

Quoting myself here because no one responded to this when I posted it earlier.

This only gets you one, but by lineage-swapping if everyone had a CB then you could still get your lineages built.

Won't "force" hoarding since it doesn't take that much to get the trophies, and everyone wants them for the egg slots anyway.

Quoting myself here because no one responded to this when I posted it earlier.

This only gets you one, but by lineage-swapping if everyone had a CB then you could still get your lineages built.

Won't "force" hoarding since it doesn't take that much to get the trophies, and everyone wants them for the egg slots anyway.

I didn't respond because I really couldn't see this as working - ratiowise or otherwise, and also I think it's too simplistic. I think the store is the only viable way to go here.

I didn't respond because I really couldn't see this as working - ratiowise or otherwise, and also I think it's too simplistic. I think the store is the only viable way to go here.

Simplistic isnt bad.

Why Not, have it be retro actively that you get 1 CB Silver for Silver Trophy and 1 CB for Gold? even if there arent CB choices and higher medals created?

I mean to have even 2 of all the Dragon types would put you up in that category anyways.

I agree with fuzzbucket. The store is the best option I've seen so far. Besides, lots of people already have gold trophies. So if everyone were to get a CB metallic dragon for each trophy, then it might still ruin the ratios and send the cave into a metallic drought.

I agree with fuzzbucket. The store is the best option I've seen so far. Besides, lots of people already have gold trophies. So if everyone were to get a CB metallic dragon for each trophy, then it might still ruin the ratios and send the cave into a metallic drought.

That, for one. For another, TJ doesn't seem to be a fan of adding things retroactively, if the encyclopedia is any indication, and adding it only for players who haven't reached those trophies would be unfair to those who already have them. Third, where's your motivation after hitting gold trophy? Another bonus for the store suggestion, if you ask me. Plus, in the store, it's your choice what you spend your currency on. (currency =/= real life money, just to be clear.)

Plus, in the store, it's your choice what you spend your currency on. (currency =/= real life money, just to be clear.)

This! Hadn't thought quite like that, but yes. I need another CB gold, but not silvers particularly. But I DO need thalassas.....

I feel like this thread has started just talking about the store rather than the main suggestion.

I think any way you go about this suggestion will mess with the ratios. Rares are supposed to be rare, hard to obtain. They aren't supposed to be available easily and they're not suppose to be plentiful. I understand the desire for people to have lots of them and it seems to me a lot of people are operating on the principles of "fairness" when it comes to this game, which really isn't what this game is, or many games for that matter.

I've been playing for eight years almost and only have two CB golds. I didn't catch either, although I've seen a couple in the cave. That doesn't mean I want them to pour from the sky. If you participate in the forums there is an added element to the game, the trading section. If you keep an eye on it you could get a CB gold even if you don't have super rare things.

I think this suggestion, like most other easy ways to get rares, would just throw ratios out of balance.

Edited by mo7

I feel like this thread has started just talking about the store rather than the main suggestion.

Yeah. Looks like lately nobody can make a suggestion without the store being invoked like it was the cure for everything including the plague. It is getting annoying.

For what concerns the topic: sounds more like a plaster than a solution. No support.

Not so much talking about the store as just pointing out that it offers a better option. As I said before, I only didn't comment in the first place so as NOT to mention it, but someone asked why their idea had got no comments so THEN I decided to say my bit -which was - yes, that the store is a better option than anything that has come up in this thread. I could have just said no support but that would have been totally negative... Would that have been a better way?

Edited by fuzzbucket

So... if someone does not agree, that means that they are negative? I do not think so.

By the way... "No Support" is on topic.

Not so much talking about the store as just pointing out that it offers a better option. As I said before, I only didn't comment in the first place so as NOT to mention it, but someone asked why their idea had got no comments so THEN I decided to say my bit -which was - yes, that the store is a better option than anything that has come up in this thread. I could have just said no support but that would have been totally negative... Would that have been a better way?

It's not just you. By my count roughly 20 posts in this thread (over 1/4) directly say "store" and quite a few more respond to store-related comments without saying that word (just took a fast count). All I'm really saying is it seems to me quite a lot of people aren't responding to the suggestion by critiquing it, saying yay and why, or nay and why, so much as saying "No, we don't like your suggestion, this other suggestion is much better and this other suggestion is good because x, y, and z".

All that really needed to be said was "The store suggestion would probably work better for what you're going for, but if you wanted to round out your suggestion and make it more viable..."

It doesn't need to be used as a mortar and pestle to grind all other suggestions proponents of the store deem inferior into dust.

And, as SullenCat pointed out, just saying "No support because..." is more on topic and provides more critique for the suggestion at hand.