Romulan

Could there be a Metals only event?

I feel like this thread has started just talking about the store rather than the main suggestion.

Yes. Further off-topic posts will simply be deleted.

Ok, in that case - no support. It would play merry hell with ratios and leave us with that metal desert we had for years after the accidental (?) flood a while back. Which was a million times worse than the current problems trying to catch them. There is little chance now. There was literally NO chance then. There plain weren't any there to miss.

Well, then let me rephrase my opinion.

No support for reasons already stated. Such an event would mess with ratios and be unfair to players joining afterwards. Or those who missed the event for whatever reason. No support because there are way better suggestions out there. (Not to name names...) No support for the alternate suggestion of getting CB dragons for trophies. I already stated my reasons for that - plus, once again, there are better suggestions out there.

Well, then let me rephrase my opinion.

No support for reasons already stated. Such an event would mess with ratios and be unfair to players joining afterwards. Or those who missed the event for whatever reason. No support because there are way better suggestions out there. (Not to name names...) No support for the alternate suggestion of getting CB dragons for trophies. I already stated my reasons for that - plus, once again, there are better suggestions out there.

This.

Absolutely no support, at all, for reasons stated here and that I've re-iterated before.

Cheers!

C4.

well, we suggested a way that wouldnt affect ratios so badly which is the main reason for people saying no. (have them be flagged internally as non metals).

That and not wanting the overall value of the metals to go down -which I understand.

Regarding fairness-its been pointed out that the only part of feeling it 'not fair' is in regards to the bots and multi-scrolling thats occurred which also affect ratios.

One of the other reasons Id suggested a metal drop was that it would be easier to program in then a big, big change.

But I dont think there is any fresh input going on other than more people saying they dont want ratios affected.

So, Moderators if youd like to close or lock the thread. Thats fine with me, I think the topic has been exhausted.

Thanks for everyone who gave their input and especially those who gave links to the Trading, and who have guided me through the trading threads.

Fairness isn't just a matter of playing by the rules or not. It's also a matter of being there when such an important event happens. If you're sick, on hiatus, swamped with work or simply joined DC the day after the event, you're out of luck. And will stay out of luck unless this event gets repeated every year.

And trust me about this, if people were actually responding to your idea of flagging those "event metals" as something else so as to not affect the ratios, they'd respond like this, "But I want *real* metals! Not metals that look like metals, breed like metals but don't count towards the ratios!" Because I've suggested the very same thing in the past, with exactly that result. Either people weren't able to grasp the concept, or they were acting up for some reason that I don't understand. And the few people who didn't start an outcry about "real" metals vs. "fake" metals actually told me to knock it off and stop feeling entitled to things, and that "rares are rare for a reason", whatever that reason may be. (Which is exactly why I always add that last bit to the "rares are rare for a reason" argument, btw.)

Believe me when I say that you're lucky people didn't respond to the non-flagging suggestion.

Edited by olympe