purplehaze

Celestial Dragon breeding plans

Hmm I just thought of something.

Everyone here is using the templates like they're always going to be celestial, or always going to be corporeal. Whereas in reality, the dragons that show up are going to be some messy combination of the two tongue.gif Lol, lineages are going to be soo random

In the meantime, I think the xenos look good with pretty much everything <3

I plan on doing them with:

Silvers

Storms

Sapphires

and

Aegis

I'm not typically one for lineages, but these guys and with their multiclutch... it's too hard to pass up!

Hmm I just thought of something.

Everyone here is using the templates like they're always going to be celestial, or always going to be corporeal. Whereas in reality, the dragons that show up are going to be some messy combination of the two  tongue.gif Lol, lineages are going to be soo random

In the meantime, I think the xenos look good with pretty much everything <3

I think so too, and at first I was going to do previews with messy combination, but such disorderly variations makes me feel uncomfortable and nervous, therefore I've decided to use unmixed template =)

I plan on doing them with:

Silvers

Storms

Sapphires

and

Aegis

I'm not typically one for lineages, but these guys and with their multiclutch... it's too hard to pass up!

=)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I plan on breeding one of them with Solstice this Christmas.

Yes! That was my first thought of a mate for these. I think they will look lovely together. smile.gif

I bred my first adult to a Falconiform and while i deem the result as really beautiful, i'm a little bit confused...

Have i not understood right? I thought the Celestial would stay dark for a week, but it turned pale again. So, is this because i bred it? Would it be still dark, if i didn't bred it? blink.gif

https://dragcave.net/lineage/JMoCW

I bred my first adult to a Falconiform and while i deem the result as really beautiful, i'm a little bit confused...

Have i not understood right? I thought the Celestial would stay dark for a week, but it turned pale again. So, is this because i bred it? Would it be still dark, if i didn't bred it? blink.gif

https://dragcave.net/lineage/JMoCW

Since celestials only corporealize to reproduce or die, once they've reproduced they are quite content to return to the safety of their celestial form.

PB! biggrin.gif

Just pity they switch back to ethereal immediately after breeding... I can't admire the corporeal sprites... kind of a sprite waste...

My couple produced 4 Celestial eggs!

But really, meh you have to auto abandon like holidays:( I need 3 from this couple.

(But I'd be happy if holidays had 30days cooldown^^; )

omg, I hope people who catch my today's eggs would trade them back to me...

Edited by VixenDra

Since celestials only corporealize to reproduce or die, once they've reproduced they are quite content to return to the safety of their celestial form.

Interesting piece of information. So essentially, except for the time between corporealizing and breeding, these dragons will be in the pale blue celestial form? I thought perhaps that was a glitch when I first heard that they went back after breeding, but apparently it is intended behavior. blink.gif

PB! biggrin.gif

Just pity they switch back to ethereal immediately after breeding... I can't admire the corporeal sprites... kind of a sprite waste...

Yeah, tbh with this news I don't think I am going to have much to do with these. I LOVE the corporeal sprite, it has to be one of my favorites. Although I like the incorporeal sprite, I don't like it half as much as the other and yet I am forced to have it 99% of the time. I honestly wish a LITTLE more separation of story and gameplay had taken place.

So when they are bred, they go right back to their normal form, it appears? So then their corporeal appearance won't really matter for lineages so much. I'll probably avoid too much of the light colors then, though Frostbite really seems to be a fit.

It makes sense for them to revert back. If you want to admire their corporeal form, then don't breed them right away? I'm glad they do; will avoid messy looking lineages.

Edited by whoeverxwins

I agree, I'm glad they go back to one sprite after breeding, for uniformity's sake. Just tried my first one with blue gemshard male, to get this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3oJk0 . I think I like the way these two blues compliment each other, may continue it yet.

I think they'll look stellar (pun haha) with Lunar Heralds of all colors. Lineages will take some extra planning though.

user posted image

Something like that.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

They look gorgeous with blue nebulas too, especially on a dark background. The nebula almost disappears except for their markings, so gives a bit of an incorporeal look to them as well. smile.gif

So let's see if I have this all straight:

Normal form (no actions): light

Corporealize: action can be done once a month, changes dark for 7 days

Breed: starts dark, goes light

Therefore it can only breed once a month because it can only be bred once you've corporealized it, which can only happen once a month...

First thought when I saw them was shadow walkers. And then I looked at the adults sitting next to the guardians on my scroll and I decided that I will need to breed with them, too. They should also look good with Guardian of Nature (I wonder what offspring they will produce?). ...I think the 4 male/female pairs I have may not be enough.

With regular guardians (can be added to the collective album):

https://goo.gl/photos/udt8YFQ8as87xkNb7

https://goo.gl/photos/Uu3e9ewotxvCDUWD8

I bred a PB celestial and they only dropped one egg for that, so I suspect that will more typical for PB celestials.

Edited by ytak

I am definitely pairing them with flamingos:

Edit: Socky, feel free to add these ones to your album smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Naughtrish

I confess that I'm a little disappointed by the fact that my celestial turned back to his incorporeal form after breeding, because while I don't think that sprite looks too terrible with the spitfire sprite (the turquoise in her brings out the same in his coloring), I was breeding for the coloring in him during his corporeal form. It seems I will have to change plans. Fortunately, I have a contingency plan. xd.png