purplehaze

Celestial Dragon breeding plans

Another new dragon -- Celestials. At first we were a little leery about the possibility that these might be unbreedible, but it seems they are not.

So let's see your ideas about breeding partners for them. biggrin.gif

To start us off, SockPuppet Strangler posted this album in the News thread. (Sock, if you don't want this included here, just let me know!)

Since celestials only corporealize to reproduce or die, once they've reproduced they are quite content to return to the safety of their celestial form.

This will affect breeding plans, perhaps, because it means that the dragons will be in their celestial or noncorporeal form (the pale blue) most of the time. It may be best to concentrate your previews on that version.

Pryanka has offered templates that can be used for lineage previews: http://imgur.com/a/Ot9k7

Edited by purplehaze

I found something that confirms that they are breedable.

I am planning on breeding them with Aegis dragons. They would look amazing.

Turpentines were my first choice based on how the hatchlings looked (spots, darker color)...Now that I see the Corporeal Adults - I am not disappointed with the result:

user posted image

Soooooo for Sock's layout, why are the celestials pale?

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

Soooooo for Sock's layout, why are the celestials pale?

That is their incorporeal form. The following may be a spoiler for a few more hours, or a few more days, so highlight to see the rest. Although they have to become corporeal to breed, it seems that they will only stay that way for 7 days after the BSA is used and it has a 30 day cooldown. So their color will be the pale one for most of the time.

Waterwalkers!! Waters! Sunsongs!! Olives maybe? Silver tinsel? ^^ I'm also loving the daydreams, antareans and sapphires!

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Blue lunar heralds!!! Perfect with both gender combinations. I don't really like planning lineages with heralds (or any dragon whose form has multiple color sprites, because I really hate waiting that much longer) but I'll probably make an exception here and do another 4th gen project.

I don't have the ability to make the previews myself, but I think my other top ideas would be blue gemshards, female swallowtails, chronos, blue coppers, shadowalkers, and Caligenes (because I love caligenes and want them with everything)

Oh wow, it looks like they and the turpentines were made for each other. And I still love this.

The incorporeal form is trickier, I think it's difficult to work with such pale dragons because any darker colors just dominate the lineage with the site's pale background. I like the Aegises best so far. I put a few other things into AoND when TJ's were still incorporeal, they looked cute with Sweetlings.

Might be Plated Colossus... I rather like the way the corporeal forms look with them.

user posted image

I uploaded some blank templates for the Celestial dragons if anybody wants to create more lineage previews.

SPOILER: I uploaded lineage templates for corporeal and incorporeal forms of the male & female dragons!

Feel free to use the templates, available here: http://imgur.com/a/Ot9k7

I don't want to directly post them here because I don't know how much people know about them yet, and I don't want to spoil anything.

You are perfectly feel free to share the link in your post! o3o Glad to help.

I added some more dragons!

LINK

You'll see:

Incorporeal: Aegis (pacified/enraged), antarean, frostbite, lunar (blue), moonstone, nebulas (all), sapphire

Corporeal: daydreams, deep seas, greenwings, lurkers

Mix (both in one lineage): aegis (pacified and enraged), daydream, falconiform, frostbite, lunar (blue), lurker, moonstone, nebula (blue and purple), nhiostrife, solstice, striped river, trihorn

Both genders for all (except aegis/solstice, of course)

Looks like they'll mostly be in incorporeal form (as they switch back after breeding), so I guess I should have just done more of those previews, lol.

I'm not all that fond of moonies, but gosh dernit if male moonstones don't look great with these.

I think I might try something incorporating all nebbie colors with them, though. They look good and I like the space/starry theme.

It seems like they look good with just about anything sky- or space-related! xd.png

I think chronos would be a pretty nice mate, but ices look good too since it won't be the incorporeal form showing on the lineage, honestly anything blue would be nice, and like everyone said, moonstones look pretty darn good. Also, has anyone bred them with other mates and gotten the other mate as an egg? I've bred 2 of mine already and so far they've only been celestial eggs

Edited by Master0fPuppets

I think I will breed them to Frostbites. They will look great with each other no matter what form the Celestials are in and they also fit as they both have this uncorporeal thing about them.

More importantly, I decided on a naming theme. Which was less a decision than rather mandatory for a huge fan of the Temeraire books by Naomi Novik like I am.

OF COURSE I had to take over the names for Noviks Celestial dragons. Finally I have a dragon called Temeraire on my scroll wub.gif