TJ09

2016-04-01 - April Release

I don't believe the theory, but honestly I'd be okay if these stayed s2. The s2 hatchie is really amazing. xP

I think this is one of the best S2 hatchies I've seen, if not the best!

Alright! Finally got 6 of these babies! Unfortunately, I got three from Jungle and two from Volcano... ~Trading belongs in the trade section~ Thanks! biggrin.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Haha, since these seem to be perfectly ordinary dragons I'm guessing the entire joke is that they were released on April 1st. That, and the cryptic comment TJ put on the announcement header.

I mean I wouldn't at all mind having a different sort of dragon if it actually does go that way, but it seems really unlikely for TJ to do a joke that actually annoys more people than it doesn't. I imagine a lot of people would be irritated if these stayed s2.

Haha, since these seem to be perfectly ordinary dragons I'm guessing the entire joke is that they were released on April 1st. That, and the cryptic comment TJ put on the announcement header.

I mean I wouldn't at all mind having a different sort of dragon if it actually does go that way, but it seems really unlikely for TJ to do a joke that actually annoys more people than it doesn't. I imagine a lot of people would be irritated if these stayed s2.

From what I've heard last year's joke annoyed quite a bit of people.

Wow cought four and a miss click they do look awesome and i wonder about this as well.

QUOTE (RaeMarie @ Apr 2 2016, 01:50 PM)

If that were the case I would assume the "Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: X days and X hours" would be gone already. Unless it has to wind all the way down and then they don't die.

My guess is the joke is just the "can't breed or be released like other dragons" part. And then having us all run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out what's going on.

Well I'm no longer worried, now I'm excited to find out what these dragons are and what TJ meant in the OP. Goodnight all!

My guess is the joke is just the "can't breed or be released like other dragons" part. And then having us all run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out what's going on.

I was wondering many things about that line... tongue.gif

WOW are these hard to catch. I can't seem to get a single one. =/

Edited by Loki.Dottir

pff, I accidentally ended up grabbing a Sapphire, who I accidentally gave soft shell, while trying to grab eggs. Still got three in the end. this was a good end to a long day of work UoU

I was wondering many things about that line... tongue.gif

WOW are these hard to catch. I can't seem to get a single one. =/

Yea me as well i can not wait to find out what TJ ment.

Well, guess it's time to wait for the hatchies to grow up.

Edited by thephantomdragon

Are my eyes playing April Fool's tricks on me, or are the hatchlings shifting colors ever so slightly at the wing tips and belly? First I thought they were a solid deep blue, but now I see shades of a brownish/grayish in those regions.

Odeen? More like Trolldeen.

BAHAHA

I've yet to Influence my six, whoops. Should probably do that when I wake up

Are my eyes playing April Fool's tricks on me, or are the hatchlings shifting colors ever so slightly at the wing tips and belly? First I thought they were a solid deep blue, but now I see shades of a brownish/grayish in those regions.

They look the same on my screen, and an old tab open since this morningish (not been refreshed) from when they first gendered on the Wiki show what looks to me to be the same

Hurray me! I just got my very first one!  laugh.gif

Congrates i hope you can get more goes to see if i can see them change color or not.I already influced mine the four are pairs now will wait for tomorrow to get two more.Thank you TJ this is Awesome.

Edited by Laryal

Well got my seven now, I'm off to bed until tomorrow... Good luck everyone else, I'm still seeing a bunch so hopefully everyone can nab a pair at least!

TJ, I can see you watching the thread right now.

So I'll take this opportunity to say thank you. And nag you until you give us some more information. tongue.gif

Ok, the part about "can't release" might be a joke, cause I can put my eggs in a transfer, and the abandon option is there also.

I do hope these grow up and be permanent.

Ok, the part about "can't release" might be a joke, cause I can put my eggs in a transfer, and the abandon option is there also.

I do hope these grow up and be permanent.

I do not think so. We will not know until we have adults or frozen hatchies since only those can be Released.

I think the fun part will begin when they grow up! smile.gif Some strange breeding patterns and stuff.

... I would be really dissapointed if they turned out normal.

I do not think so. We will not know until we have adults or frozen hatchies since only those can be Released.

I only said "might be". Was pure speculation based on actions available now.

Also, why have Odeen, who is one of our best spriters, waste the obvious amount of skill and effort on these dragons, only to make them not real? It doesn't make sense. Kinda like hiring the worlds best baker for a cake that you are going to throw out.

But yeah, I guess we'll see.

Looks like I missed out, I am not seeing any new eggs and I tried four 3 hours now

I only said "might be". Was pure speculation based on actions available now.

Also, why have Odeen, who is one of our best spriters, waste the obvious amount of skill and effort on these dragons, only to make them not real? It doesn't make sense. Kinda like hiring the worlds best baker for a cake that you are going to throw out.

But yeah, I guess we'll see.

I thought my post was clear on referencing the Release action. Since it wasn't, I must clarify that I meant: I do not think that "can't release" is a joke.

Release is a very specific action, to not be confused with Abandon. There is nothing, right now, denying (or confirming) that the Release action will be possible because Release could not be an action available now.

Edited by NotBambi

I'm thinking maybe the joke this year is that these will turn out to be permanent and common. Because after so many years of suggesting he'll have April Fools eggs and then not doing it, maybe he thinks that would be what was really unexpected?

The fact that they are still dropping when April Fools is over kind of lends credence to my theory.