Polar

Extraterrestrial

"I have three nephews and two nieces. I went to Georgia, where it's hot and humid. I walk around a forest until a dog came out of nowhere followed by her. There you have it. So town?" He asked moving away from them finishing his cookie before popping his neck and shifting. Rose's mouth dropped open. "You weren't kidding, he really is a Dragon! Girl I'm jealous, you're like a real life Astrid! Well, with a name like Rosemary Baker, it kinda is in our blood. Family recipe! I wish I had a sibling.. but then again, it was probably best that I was a only child. Hmm... I might have half siblings that I don't know about.." She turned and kissed Zahar. "Thats for checking on my dad for me. I'll give you some fudge for that when we get back to earth. "

"Cool," Liv said, looking impressed and the slightest bit jealous. She grinned. "Yeah, that's basically how we met. He refused to call me by my name for a while, instead just calling me a human girl. It was really annoying," She shot him a good-natured look. "Very annoying."

Zahar rolled his eyes as Maklar stepped away and shifted, the air shimmering around him. "Okay, now you're just showing off." He pouted slightly at Rose's words, though grinned at her kiss. "What, am I not good enough for you? You know what, I take that back. You're giving me some of your fudge, maybe you do love me."

Liv slipped over to Maklar, making a disgusted face that only he would be able to see. "PDA alert!" She faux whispered to him, snickering. "You want a kiss too?" She asked him semi-jokingly before sobering slightly. "Are you going to fly to town? Are we all going to fly to town? I thought it was disgraceful for people to ride on your back like a, what did you call it... thragl?"

"It is, however it's just to town... perhaps around the kingdom. I want to take you for a proper flight some time and my family isn't around. Why not now? He asked, keeping his telepathy soft to not give her a headache. He turned to let her climb on. Twisting his head, a blast of hot breath from his nose pushed her hair back and a slender blue tongue tapped her check in a tender Dragon kiss. He began to purr loudly, it was rather noticeable to the other two.

"I saw some cars in the hanger, it'll be easier if we took them. Of course I love you silly boy! You don't need sweets to know that I care for you. Plus my dad likes you to.. She added in a whisper. It's better that your future in-law treats you like a son. She giggled then jumped when it sounded like boulders rolling down a rocky hill. Or some massive cat being scratched behind the ear. Wait, is he purring? Dragons can purr?"

((I totally forgot she was wearing a dress so went back and changed her outfit to jeans and a nice shirt, lol xd.png

Also... English final in two hours...))

"Makes sense," Liv agreed, scaling on to his back with ease and running a hand over his smooth scales. Her face reddened at his gentle gestures, and she could feel his chest rumbling from the purr. She nudged him slightly with a heel. "I thought you didn't want them to hear you?" She asked him quietly. "Besides, that wasn't fair because I can't return the favor." She pouted slightly before grinning. "I can't wait to see your planet!"

"That is what we're taking, Rose," Zahar said, looking bemused. "He wouldn't let anyone besides Liv fly with him anyways." He twitched an eyebrow, smirking slightly. "So you're saying if I were to propose, you'd accept... good to know." He gave a wry smile. "Being treated like a son? That'll be a first." He too heard Maklar's purr, though had missed the moment that had caused it, and stifled his laughter with a badly disguised coughing fit. "It's complicated, Rose," He already started pulling her away gently before Maklar got the idea to roast him in particular. "I'll explain later. The hangar is this way. Pity we can't take my car, but ah well. Such is life," He said with a shrug, leading Rose back through the swooping halls of Maklar's home.

"You know," Liv said thoughtfully, sliding off the dragun's back in order to see him properly, "I think he was laughing." She rubbed the scales of his neck, looking faintly amused as Zahar pulled Rose away. "I also think he's scared you're going to burn him with his fire breath for laughing."

"I know. I would have if it was my sibling, however, I don't feel like losing my head for killing the king's only son. And I don't think the king would be the one to do it. I think his girlfriend would've beheaded me." He chuckled and lifted off gliding down the mountain and around the castle slowly, keeping his distance but letting her see it before flying over the town.

"C'est la vie. It's a French for such is life. It sounds nicer when said like that. If he would've done that, I'd would have doused him with water and bounded him like a calf at a rodeo! I always wanted to be the princess rescuing her Prince in distress.." she laughed and got in the car he chose to go to the town. "Yeah... and I've never been treated like a daughter to a mother before. Since I don't get that, at least you get a better second dad from this. Okay, so it's later. Why did he purr?"

"You know," Liv said thoughtfully, climbing easily onto his back again and situating herself into a semi-comfortable position, "I think you're right. She does seem like the sort of person to do that." Liv squeezed his torso with her legs as he took off, gripping tightly to keep her balance before he steadied in the air, gliding gracefully around the mountain and castle. The castle itself was a majestic sight, pale hues of green and white twined together in the twisting spires. The landscape was covered in varied shades of red and green, the leaves stirring slightly in the breeze, and Liv thought she saw a lavender colored willow among the rest. "It's so beautiful here!" She told him, leaning over to see better, her grip firm despite her slightly precarious position. "You'll catch me if I fall, right? Cause I don't have a harness or anything," She gasped, pointing to a tumble of rocks. A creature resembling a lion, with a spiky crest for a mane and a point at the end of its tail lay lazily on one of the rocks, sunning itself. It was a vivid yellow, and it's crest was a brilliant shade of orange-red. Another - a female, Liv guessed - emerged from the trees, followed by - Liv squinted slightly, straining her eyes to see - what looked like two cubs. "What are those called? They're so pretty!" Maklar drifted over town before she could take a better look, and she was startled at how homey and simplistic it was. Most everything - including the streets - was made out of warm orange bricks, and Liv couldn't wait to get a closer look. "It's such a cute village - I never would have expected something so... old fashioned, considering how technologically advanced you all are."

"I'm sure you would have," Zahar laughed, emerging into the garage and choosing Maklar's car - the only safe choice, as the last time he borrowed a different one he ended up with most of his hair singed off - and opening the door for Rose. "Have you now? I'm afraid I don't need saving, however. But maybe someday," He said with a chuckle, climbing in and starting the car. "Hopefully not, though. "I'm afraid I won't be able to give you that, considering my mother died giving birth to me..." He trailed off slightly, eyes glazing for a moment before he chuckled. "You are persistent, I'll give you that." Zahar chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "From what I know, it's something a dragun will do around the person they have fallen in love with. They can only fall in love once, you see, and never fall out of it, and it's basically his natural reaction from affection or physical contact from Liv. Don't tease him about it, though, or else, I'll probably have to save you from him, instead of the other way around."

Edited by polaristar

" Of course I'd catch you! He chuckled, a low rumble in his chest then she pointed out the lions. " I don't recall. I spend much time in the air, I don't not bother with animals of the ground unless I hunt them, or come in contact with them regularly. I know the mountains have sword wolves. Some of our weapons are forged from their fangs, the Prince may know what those particular ones are. Again another chuckle as he spiraled lower and passed over the streets hovering over the square until people moved out of the way (which they did calmly like this was an everyday occurrence) before touching down and lowering his body so she can slide off. "The real thing that you're probably expecting is on the third planet, the factory one I told you about. I don't like going there. The air is filled with smog from the factories. He remains in his form, his tail curling around liv, giving her a seat as he looked for the Prince.

"Now why would I tease him for that?! Liv is extremely lucky, you know how many girls dream about true love lasting forever? At least it will a Dragon and... not mister sparkle stalker fairy Mc Bloodsuker. Or the adorable Canine shifter from Jakaby. Between the two of them, the canine is a thousand times better then the pale butt vampire. I am persistent, and you never know, I might purpose to you. And I make my own jewelry... " she giggled and pecked his cheek.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Finals are over, posting should be more regular again - but tomorrow I'll be at a bake sale so I'll be gone from 10-2:30ish))

"Thought so," Liv grinned, nudging his side lightly with a foot. "Just thought I'd check. I'll have to ask the prince about the lion creatures when we meet up again," She said as he began to land. Glancing around, she realized that no one seemed surprised about a dragon landing in the middle of the town square. "So do dragon landings happen a lot, or..." She trailed, sliding off his back and allowing his tail to cradle her slightly as they waited. "Because the people seemed to think it was no big deal. I mean, if a dragon were to land, in, say Times Square on Earth, it would be a pretty big deal, with likely a lot of screaming involved. Like, a lot."

"Not teasing her for his love, per se, more for the whole purring part," Zahar clarified. "It embarrasses him. Knowing him, he probably thinks it makes him seem weak," He rolled his eyes. "He's a bit rough around the edges, but a real softie once you get to know him - don't tell him I said that." Zahar added quickly, before staring at Rose blankly, a look of confusion written on his face. "Okay, I officially have no idea what you're talking about. Sparkly stalker fairy bloodsucker? I'm confused." He said slowly. "You know what? On second thought, I really don't want to know." He pouted slightly. "You propose to me? Now that's no fair, not letting me do my job. Trust me, it will be worth whatever wait you may have," He said with a wink.

((Okay! laugh.gif can the baker lady, the one that's like a mother to the Prince be there at the shop helping Ty out in the kitchen?))

He pointed to a shop down the street a two shops away from the plaza. "The Prince and I frequent that shop often. Plus, the Dragün fly in formations during festivals and celebrations. Also for air battles. Considering that women here are rare, many have traveled to different planets to find wives. The dragün have the opposite problem. Females tend to hatch more often than males so... there's quite a lot of them here in the city. Probably make up one fourth of the population here. Now if I did this on the farming planet, then it'll be chaos."

"So, like my dad. You.... really don't want to know. If I told you you'd want to read the book and I .... never mistreated a book, but I might have "accidentally" spilled oil on it when Kyle was acting up and needed a oil change........." She fell silent whispering. "It was really bad..." She saw the town get closer and grinned happy to be back in the beautiful city. She still wore her cosplay dresses and tunics whenever she came here to fit in with the people better, showing she already accepted them as her own. And also because she saw a glint of pride in Zahar's eyes whenever he came to get her. "Only if you ask my father first! If you're going to do it, it should be proper! But I know you'd say yes if I gave you a ring pop or a cookie in the shape of a ring." She giggled.

((Yara? Sure smile.gif Sorry about the short post, I'm really tired.))

"Neat!" Liv said, looking fascinated. "Have you ever flown in anything like that?" She titled her head. "Huh, interesting. Do Zahar's kind marry draguns regularly, then?" She asked him. "Is it frowned upon for a male dragun to not marry a female?"

"That bad, huh?" Zahar laughed, shaking his head slightly as he drove into the village. "Of course I'll ask your father! Goodness, woman, I'm just an alien by your standards, not uncivilized!" He exclaimed rolling his eyes. "But yeah, if you proposed with a ringpop I would totally accept." He pulled into a space. "I think I see Maklar and Liv," He told her - though it was hard to miss the dragon in the middle of the town square, even if the people did act like it was nothing strange or out of the ordinary.

((Its okay, I'm drawing calligraphy. The fancy swirling letters for a Christmas gift. My hand is tired. Hand drawing it in pencil. Not something I recommend.))

"Several times. As a protector of the Prince, the sky is the best place to spot any danger and keep an eye on anything suspicious. " He blinked in surprise. Taken aback by her sudden questions about marriage. "Not exactly. Humans are more popular than my kind. Yes there's many relationships with the Dragun however, females aren't exactly swayed easily. Because we love once, a female Dragun would but one or several courtiers through various tests, from riddles, to highly physical challenges, to tests of bravery and cunning. If one truly loves her, he will try his best to past each test. She will watch each contestant, and mind you, it is the one who puts forth the most effort not the victor, whom she weds. As for males like me.... it depends. Some still consider the humans as weak scaleless fleshy Gordngon- monkey like creatures from my mother's planet. Then there are those who are impressed by a Dragun able to win the affection of a human without getting skewered through the heart! He chuckled. It was obviously a joke to his kind. Knight of earth's olden days.

"Um, yea captain obvious, how many big red dragons do you know?" She walked over to them. "Say, Maklar, why did you stay like that?... oh! Your eyes are sharper right?" She asked and the Dragun blinked tilting his head. The plates on his brow furrowing. "How would a human know that?" He rumbled in her and Zahar's mind, a pale wisp of smoke trailing from his nose.

((Ouch.))

"That's pretty neat," Liv said, sounding impressed. She noticed how startled he seemed at her question. "Relax, Mak. I was just wondering if our... relationship would cause problems, I guess. It's not like I want to run off and get married or anything." She told him, grinning slightly. "So, were you one of the males who considered us humans to be monkeys?" Liv teased slightly, waving at Zahar and Rose as they arrived. "What took you so long?"

"Well, not all of us have a dragon to fly us around," Zahar said with a laugh, shaking his head. "Yes, Rose, that's exactly right. Harder to hurt him that way, too." Zahar sighed, rolling his eyes. "Honestly, Maklar, if you could refrain from using the word human as if it was an insult... But to answer your question, she's a bit of a nerd, for lack of a better word. Interested in stuff like that."

"Be nice, Mak!" Liv said, shaking her head good-naturedly and smacking his side. "Change back so that we can have a look around. Where are we headed first?"

Edited by polaristar

"It's a common myth you great lizard. She growls back. The Dragon blinked then shrank down to his human self once more. "To answer your question liv, no I didn't. I saw them as intelligent, but fragile, easy to break mentally or physically. Your brother's friend is one who's easy to snap mentality. If he ever does get out of that institution.... well, he wouldn't come within two states of you." He stated holding her hand.

Rose was already on her way to the candy shop, pushing open the door with a giggle. "Good afternoon.. or is it morning.. it's hard to tell.

"Okay, let's not take his comments too seriously," Zahar soothed. "He's always like this, just learn to grin and bear it." He told Rose, before glancing curiously at Liv. "How did you manage to grin and bear it?"

"I have three older brothers, Zahar. If I haven't learned to bear insults, teasing, and sarcasm by now, there's something wrong with me," Liv laughed, grinning. "He wasn't actually all that bad. Called me human all the time, but I've had worse, sooo..." She drew out, shrugging. "Just let it roll of your back, Rose." She glanced at Maklar, who was now human. "And Mak... at least try and be civil, okay?"

Zahar followed after Rose, calling "Wait up!" As she headed into the candy shop. "It's late morning," He told her. "Close to lunch, actually."

Liv followed after with Maklar a little more slowly. "Good to know. Otherwise I'd have to smack you. Kidding, of course." She glanced up at him with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Okay, you need to chill. He probably won't, and even if he did he has a tracker, so they would know where he was at all times." She explained, twining their fingers together and pulling him towards the candy shop that Zahar and Rose had disappeared into. "Enough of the serious talk! I want to see the village!"

Edited by polaristar

He laughed, although the sound wasn't nice. "I know this, but it didn't stop him before. Let's just say he's not in the loony bin now for one reason. He was screaming something about demons when I left. " He followed after her going into the candy store. The smell of cookies filled the air, and there where now cookies in a glass case that looked like stained glass art and some had names in calligraphy.

Rose looked for the owner and went to him. "It's good to see you! How's the wife and new baby?" Was it a boy or girl?"

"Well, if it isn't my favorite customer - and Lady Rose too, I see," Xanar greeted with a smile. "Good to see you again, Lady Rose! My wife is doing quite well, thanks for asking! I'm the proud papa of a baby girl now."

"I visited a few days after they got home from the hospital," Zahar said as Maklar and Liv entered the bakery. "She really is precious."

"I have received no finer compliment," Xanar said with a smile, looking pleased. "Lord Maklar, always a pleasure. Who's your friend?"

Liv had just finished an exaggerated eye roll at Maklar's statement before they entered, and waved in greeting. "I'm Liv. It's nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine," The shopkeeper said cheerfully. "I'm Xanar, the owner. Take a look at some of the sweets - I'm sure Prince Zahar will have several suggestions if you're unsure as to what to try."

Edited by polaristar

Rose looked at the cookies with a grin. "It looks like you have a very nice "Baker" here you must be short on "Thyme" with a newborn. These remind me of the cookies I used to make with my dad at home. Oh my, a little girl? Oh how precious! I'm sure she's lovely! Can see her?" She asked. Yes, she totally did puns on her dad's name. She did it all the time. She pointed to the woman who had the Dragon fly wings. "and I'll take that one please! And some more candy rocks too please!"

Maklar nodded curly to Xanar and moved to get more of the sweet sour candy he liked so much, and some chocolate like things in the shape of a frog creature. "Prince, on our way here we saw a creature that was yellow, a spiny orange and red crest around its neck with a feline appearance. Liv wanted to know what they are. Do you know?" He asked, liv having forgotten to do so earlier.

Zahar stifled a snort at Rose's puns, shaking his head in amusement. Xanar grinned. "Why thank you, I appreciate the compliment - especially I do all the baking!" He chuckled, bagging her cookie choice and waiting for Zahar to bring his choices to ring them up.

"Thanks for the marvelous goods, Xanar. You never let me down," Zahar chuckled.

"I dread the day that I do," The shopkeeper chuckled as Zahar payed, before beaming. "Of course, of course. After Lord Maklar and Lady Liv finish, I can take you all if you'd like."

"Yes!" Liv exclaimed. She was examining a white chocolate bar. "We have to go see the baby, Mak! I live babies! What's her name?"

"We named her Lyra ((pronounced Leera)), after my mother," Xanar said, beaming. "You can all see her if you want, I don't mind. I love showing her off."

"Whenever you are finished, then, Liv," Zahar said warmly. "Take your time. Crested felines? They're called Starcrested Lions. They're gorgeous creatures, and you are able to tame them. I've always wanted one, but my father would kill me if I brought one home - probably quite literally." He said with a slight snort.

Maklar snorted. He wasn't good with babies, he still didn't know his own strength and children were so... breakable.... Still, he huffed a sigh of defeat. "Fine. Pick what you want. I'll get it then we'll follow them." He said flatly moving to the counter so Xanar to ring his things up. Once she chose her things, he paid for them.

"Oh what a beautiful name! It's so lovely! I probably should get to know herbs and spices from here too...." She trailed off. "They sound like they'll be pretty, and very loyal. I've always wanted a wolf dog. A beautiful husky wolf mix. We were always on the move though so.... we couldn't keep any pets. She looked down.

"Yay, thanks Mak!" Liv cheered, giving him a kiss on the cheek and adding the chocolate she was holding to the pile. "You don't have to hold the baby if you don't want to - but I do if they'll let me."

"There's enough of her to go around," Xanar chuckled, ringing up Maklar's items. "Anything else?"

"One of those cookies?" Liv asked tentatively, pointing to a large chocolate chip cookie.

"Sure," Xanar said cheerfully, putting it in a bag just as he had done with Rose's. "Here you are. Enjoy - though I know you will. I can put your stuff behind the counter if you'd like while we go upstairs."

Zahar nodded. "That would be fantastic, thanks." He turned to Rose. "They are gorgeous animals. From the research I've done, they usually pick one person become extremely protective of them. They actually share similar characteristics to dogs, but they do have their cat moments," He chuckled. "Maybe someday, we can get both!" He said cheerfully, allowing Xanar to stow their bags behind the counter.

"Let me just flip the sign - it's never busy this time of day anyways," The shopkeeper said, flipping the sign to read 'Closed' before leading them up the steps. "Della! We have company!"

"Xanar! I am in no state to receive company." Della sounded slightly exasperated as she came into view, sitting in a rocking chair holding a baby. Like all of Zahar's kind, the baby was green-skinned. Lyra's skin was a pale, pretty clover green, and her bright blue eyes drooped slightly. "Oh, Prince Zahar, Lord Maklar - what a surprise. Always good to see you both. Who are your friends? I expect Xanar wanted to show Lyra off again."

Xanar grinned good-naturedly. "Well, she is quite a sight. This is Lady Rose and Lady Liv. Ladies, this is my wife, Della."

"Nice to meet you," Liv said with a grin. "Lyra is so cute!"

"Isn't she?" The new mother cooed, kissing the baby's forehead. "Would either of you like to hold her while she's still awake? It's nap time soon."

"Oh, yes please!" Liv said excitedly. "Though you can go first, Rose, if you want," She offered. "It's been a while since I've held a baby, so I'll watch to refresh my memory on the best way how to hold one."

Rose curtsied to the woman. "Pleased to meet you ma'am sorry to bother you. You must have your hands full with this little beauty. I say she takes after her mother.I would certainly love to hold her." She made sure to keep her voice low, knowing how hard it was to get a child down for a nap. She held the girl like a pro, swaying slightly from side to side, mimicking the rocking motion the chair had. "I babysit sometimes for a friend and my third job is a part time Nanny. I've always wanted a big family...." She muttered unconsciously tracing the scar over her right brow down across her nose. A couple blinks, she had returned her hand to its place and started to sing softly to the babe, forgetting her audience for a moment.

Once again, Maklar started purring at her kiss and attempted to swallow it when they headed upstairs. In an effort to get away from the child, he followed the smell of cookies to the kitchen. "Yara? What are you doing here?" He asked tilting his head.

Liv wasn't exactly sure what Maklar's aversion to children was as he slipped away shortly after they entered, and she decided to ask him later. Rose, meanwhile, had the young child in her arms, rocking it back and forth like a natural.

Xanar chuckled, moving closer to Zahar. "She's a keeper."

"Yeah," Zahar responded back. "I know." He moved closer to Rose, smiling softly at her and speaking quiet enough that the others couldn't hear. "Maybe we can, someday. I wouldn't mind," He smiled at the baby as Lyra grabbed on of his fingers tightly, eyes drooping as Rose sang. "You're good at this," He mused.

Liv watched Zahar and Rose, feeling a mixture of awkwardness at being in the middle of their little moment and jealously, and she was determined to figure out whether or not Maklar just disliked children or had some weird phobia. She wasn't completely sure which one would be worse.

Xanar cleared his throat, looking as awkward as Liv felt. "A little angel, isn't she? Looks like you're putting her to sleep, Lady Rose. Might want to give Lady Liv a turn before she does." He suggested with a chuckle. "Your father has been a great help to us. He's in the kitchens now."

"Perhaps I should sit," Liv said nervously. "It's been a while since I've held a baby."

"You can sit in the rocker," Della said. "She'll probably need a diaper change soon anyways, might as well go get that now."

Liv sat where Della had been, stretching her arms out for the baby towards Rose. Zahar grinned slightly. "I know you'd love to keep the baby, Rose, but considering Liv should have a turn and she's almost asleep you should probably hand her over. We can always come visit again a little later, if you'd like."

"Xanar is my nephew, Maklar, I can come here when I'd like. And I could ask you the same question," Yara tutted as she bustled around, pulling a steaming batch of cookies from the oven. She seemed to be one of the only one who was unafraid to refer to Maklar without a title. "You haven't came by here in ages, Maklar, and I should know! My nephew always goes on and on about the nobles and royalty that comes in here. And he hasn't mentioned you in a while." She gestured towards a different tray, which held cooling sugar cookies. "Take one, if you'd like. They're Ty's - he's a good baker, let me tell you. Rose's father - where did he get off to, he was here a moment ago. I swear, present one moment and gone the next, I'm telling you," She sighed good-naturedly.

Rose blinked and looked up flushing. "S-Sorry, I got.... spaced out. Here..." She handed the baby to liv and stepped back looking embarrassed. "Zanar, you said something to me, but I didn't quite get it. What was it?" She asked. Her dad hugged her from behind. "Always glad to help Xanar, you and your wife have been gracious hosts and generous in letting little ol me stay here. I do say though, cherish these days when they're young, cuz before you know it, she'll be like my brier rose here, all grown up and a beautiful young woman." He says holding his daughter tightly. "Adda, you know I'll always be your little Rose bud. Look at you, you look stronger, those bags under your eyes are gone. And your hair grew back from the kemo. Looks like that medicine worked wonders." She grinned. "Come to the kitchen, we're making cookies." He said dragging her away.

Maklar blinked at the cookies. "Lady Rose's father is here? How come?" He asked with a slight frown. "Does the king know about this?" He yelped when Ty and rose passed him as Rose smacked his shoulder. "No and you better not tell either. My Adda was very sick with cancer and the Prince risked his hide for me so I don't lose him. You tell, and I'll be the one skinning you!" Maklar rubbed his shoulder. "Yara, have you met my wonderful-" Rose went up and hugged the woman. "It's great to see you again! How's the castle? Has Zahar been behaving lately?" She giggled.

"I'll tell you later," Zahar promised her as Rise blinked out of her daze.

"It's okay," Liv assured Rose, taking the baby and cradling it, rocking in the chair and patting it's back lightly. Lyra seemed ready to fall asleep as the others headed downstairs, yawning and stretching out before sagging back, her eyes closed. Liv blinked. "Uh, Mrs. Della? I think she fell asleep."

"That she did!" Della said. "Here, I'll take her and put her in the crib. The rest of your friends have gone down to the kitchen."

Liv nodded, allowing the mother to take the baby and heading towards the kitchen, just in time to hear Rose tell off Maklar. "What'd you do this time?" She teased him with a smile. "Oh, cookies!"

"Help yourself!" Yara said. "I'm Yara. Glad someone has finally gotten through that thick armor of his." The cook tapped Maklar's chest with a cooking spoon as she passed, stopping to hug Rose. "It's good to see you too! Zahar has been just fine, a perfect gentleman as usual. The castle has been busy, like always."

"He's not staying for long, Maklar," Zahar said as Rose and Yara talked. Just long enough for Earth to believe he's be cured normally, you know. It's not a big deal. Don't tell my father, please. He'd kill me." There was a slight pleading note to his voice.

Liv, meanwhile, had taken a cookie from the tray and tried some. "Oh, this is delicious! I'm Liv. These taste like Rose's - oh, are you her father?" She asked Ty interestedly. "We just met but I think she's really nice."

((On mobile, sorry for any typos))

"Why yes I am I'm Thyme Baker, very nice to meet you. My little girl was always as sweet as her name. Of course they taste the same, it's a family recipe." He chuckled and started to frost the cooled cookies. "These things are going fast in the store, we've already have an order for a wedding party and another for a baby shower. " He grinned.

"one more thing, has my dad been behaving? If he hasn't feel free to whack him with a spoon." She laughed."Good to hear, you know that silly boy would get an earful from both of us is he hadn't behaved.

Maklar looked at liv. "Did you like holding the child?" He asked hesitantly, having a feeling he'd get a chewing out later.