Polar

Extraterrestrial

Rose was enchanted by the children and giggled at them as they asked her hundreds of questions about earth. "Calm down!" She laughed. "One at a time, I'll see if I can answer them!" She looked at the Prince as he took her hand and sighed. "Unfortunately I don't have time little ones, but I promise I'll answer your questions next time I'm here alright? You all go play now and say safe!" She called shooing the little tikes away.

"Of course you want to hit the sweet shop first!" She laughed. "And you did promise me flowers to press so yes, let's go over there."

---------

Maklar moved around the boxes and made room before shifting and curling up in the space. He pulled her close to his chest laying on his side exposing his gilded underside. My top scales are tough but every Dragon has a soft underside. We dragün have harder scales but flexible. They can still break a sword but there's a space where if found it can kill us easily. He scraped a claw clean and tapped a thick band of scale on his chest. He then stuck his claw in the gap between the two scales and flicked out a large diamond that was protecting his heart. It was larger then any earth diamond ever found.

our skin is soft like silk, and surprisingly cool to the touch.

"Of course. I would have thought you'd know that by now." Zahar said with a grin. "You're very good with children." He said as they walked, and he led her into a street side shop packed with candy and children. "Hey, Xanar!" He called cheerfully to the man behind the counter. The slim man waved with a smile. "Where's the missus?" Zahar asked as his violet eyes swept around greedily.

"Not feeling too well today, unfortunately. She's due in less than a month though, so I suppose that's part of it." Xanar responded with a broad smile. "You want the usual today?"

"Of course." Zahar said with a wave. He turned to Rose. "Pick out anything you'd like, it's all delicious."

~ ~ ~

Liv caught the diamond that had popped out of Maklar's chest easily, and it was warm and larger than any diamond she had ever seen. She ran her hand lightly over the surrounding scales, leaning into his chest. "Thank you for showing me." She murmured. Liv wasn't quite sure what possessed her to do it, but she leaned her forehead against his smooth, surprising mud-free underside and pressed her lips against the warm scale above his almost exposed heart. The coolness of the cave had her shivering, and she pressed against his side, holding the diamond in one hand and stroking his scales lightly with the other.

"im a part time Nanny as one of my jobs. And they are adorable, I just love little ones." She grinned and looked around the colorful candy. She spotted one unusual one and walked over to it. It smelled wonderful. "What is this one?" She then frowned and smacked his head. "Mind your manners and say please and thank you. Just because you're a high blooded Prince doesn't mean you get to be rude." She scolded him lightly her hands on her tiny waist.

------

Maklar's eye rolled back and he lay his head on the ground as she petted his belly scales he started to purr and his thin tail wrapped around her pressing her against him. this feels nice.... his voice was like a whisper in her head. this cave smells like you too. Very nice...."

Zahar nodded understandingly, following her and about to answer when she smacked him on the head. "Ow! Come on, I'm in here all the time! It's not rude if I see him every other day!" He protested before grinning. "I guess I do eat a good bit of sweets... But I give you business, ey Xanar?" He asked with a laugh.

"That you do, Prince." Xanar responded, chuckling at the two. "I'm glad you finally found someone who can keep you in check. Keep it up, my lady." He said with a chuckle.

Zahar rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Yeah, yeah. That one you have is really good - but then again, I'd recommend almost everything in here so my opinions aren't really much to go off of." He said with a grin. "Grab enough to last through the fireworks." He suggested before grabbing a large, swirling rainbow lollipop and adding it to the pile of candies he would be buying. "Hey Xanar, have you considered god-parents yet? I know you mentioned it."

"Are you volunteering, Prince?" The shopkeeper asked teasingly.

"Oh-ho, no. I'm not nearly ready for that kind of responsibility." Zahar chuckled. "Though I'm flattered that you'd actually consider the offer."

"Well, at least my boy would live like a king should anything happen to us." Xanar responded, bustling around behind the counter. "So where'd you meet your little lady?"

"I was testing out my new ship a few weeks ago and ran into her." Zahar responded, leaning against the table. "Coincidence or destiny?"

"I'd say destiny." Responded the shopkeeper. "You seem quite taken with her."

Zahar watched Rose as she flitted around the shop. "Oh, I am. You think there's any chance?"

"A large one, Prince." Xanar said, patting him on the shoulder. "I don't think you have to worry about not returning your feelings. Seems like a bit of a firecracker, though."

"You have no idea." Zahar laughed. "Found anything?" He asked Rose.

~ ~ ~

Liv noticed Maklar was apparently immensely enjoying the attention she was giving him, and she could feel his chest vibrating in something like a purr. "Are you... purring?" She asked him curiously. She had never really been a cat person so she had never personally experienced a cat's purr, but it certainly sounded like he was doing something similar. He seemed to be soaking in her presence, and Liv wasn't sure to be flattered or slightly weirded out by his comment about her scent, so she decided on the former and hummed in response. "Yeah, I hang out in here all the time and with next to no airflow it's bound to." She told him, shrugging slightly and rubbing her knuckles underneath his throat. "Don't fall asleep on me now." She teased gently, nudging him with her shoulder. "You sure you don't want to change back to a human? It is dry in here, you won't get wet." She assured him.

Her eyes lit up when she saw a familiar candy. "No way! You guys have candy rocks?!" She giggled gleefully. "It's been ages since I've had those! " She giggled and got a bag full of the hard coated chocolate candy that looked like pebbles and rocks.

"I'll think I'll have these please! And congratulations on being a new father soon I wish you the best of luck! I'm a part time Nanny at home so if you need any help you can contact me. I myself had god parents.. they were on my mother's side so I don't see them anymore. I would volunteer myself as a god mother, I absolutely love children and would like several of my own one day, but earth isn't the best place for your people.... " She said softly standing beside Zahar.

"Oh please pardon my manners, my name is rosemary baker. Pleased to make your acquaintance sir!"She said politely.

-------------------

Maklar made a low sound in his throat and his foot started kicking like a dog getting rubbed in just the right spot. He stretched his neck out even more. I am.....purring and I'll shift .....only if you want me too.... little bit to the left. He hissed softly and groaned again. You smell like wet earth, pine and wild flowers. It's nice... suits you well.

"Well, not everything is different." Zahar laughed, heart warming at her glee as he pulled out a chip from his holowatch and handing it to Xanar, who inserted it into the register before pulling it out and handing it back. "Thanks for the candy as always, Xanar." He said with a smile.

"No, thank you for the business, Prince Zahar." Xanar responded with a smile. "Thank you for the well-wishes, Lady Rose. It's a pleasure to meet you. My wife insists on her closest female friend as godmother, and I have chosen my best friend to be the godfather." He told them both. "Enjoy your candies, you two." He said, waving as Zahar led Rose out, taking her hand once again.

"The flower cart is just a little ways up the road, I think you'll love the young girl that owns it. She's only sixteen and is making money for her family, lovely girl." He told her with a smile, walking at an easy pace down the quiet road towards a corner where a teenage girl sat by a cart. "Hello there Thera, mind me buying some of your flowers?" He greeted the girl with a smile.

Thera flushed and hopped to her feet. "Hello Prince Zahar. Feel free to take a look. I didn't realize you were engaged, Prince."

"Not quite yet." He responded with a chuckle. "For now, just friends. But Lady Rose here is quite interested in some of Rasabol's flowers - which ones are your favorites?" He asked with a smile, nudging Rose forward. "Get whichever ones you like."

~ ~ ~

Liv chuckled, stroking a little more off to the left on his throat. "If you're more comfortable this way, I don't mind." She told him, shifting a little to avoid his kicking leg. "Why do you purr?" She asked innocently as she rubbed his throat. "Really, I smell like that?" She asked curiously. "I didn't know that. Huh."

"You sure are thinking big Zahar..." She gave him a look before looking at the flowers. "Oh my! I have never seen such colors!" She looked at the splashes of teal and purple, some had green leaves others had red stems streaked with green. "There's so many to choose! Could you tell me a few of the names?" She asked the girl. She pointed to a aqua and white flower that looked like a daisy with stripes. "Like this one and... hmm.... " She pointed to a rose shaped flower with a red stem and green thorns. She liked it because the flowers petals matched the color of Zahar's eyes. "And lastly this one... it my dad always liked the color cyan. He says it's because of our eyes... only our eyes are a little darker than that." the last flower where a a bunch of cyan blue flowers on stems like a strand of blue bells.

---------

I purr because you make me weak. He said in her mind. His leg stopped. I am not able to lie like your brother in front of a woman. It isn't possible for me...... He closed his eyes. I do not think you are quite ready yet. I don't want to overwhelm you. Please..... just enjoy this moment between us.... He spoke in her mind tenderly, like he was trending on glass.

You smell wonderful. And your dog likes it too. It's a natural scent, I think it's quite nice.

"What can I say?" Zahar said with a shrug. "I've always been a go-getter and a bit of an optimist." He grinned as she looked at all the flowers, young Thera telling her all about them with a smile. "The foliage on our planet is very diverse, is it not?" He asked with a smile, meandering over to the wall as she continued to chat with Thera, who gladly answered her questions as he waited patiently for her to finish. He made a note to himself to get her a bouquet of flowers soon - from what he had heard girls loved a bit of romance. He wasn't completely sure if Rose did but decided it was certainly worth a shot.

~ ~ ~

Liv nodded in understanding before hesitantly agreeing. "Alright, I won't ask anymore." She agreed softly. "Do you want the diamond back now?" She asked him, cradling the large gemstone in her palm. "I don't want you to forget about it on accident." She told him, concern in her silver eyes as she continued. "I'd feel really bad if something were to happen to you because of it." She told him honestly, pressing her cheek to the base of his neck. "If you could maybe change back..." She started with a shy smile, "You're more cuddly as a human. Just throwing that out there." She told him, blushing scarlet.

Edited by polaristar

Rose choose the three flowers and got a tiny bundle, only two of each. "Thank you very much!" She said to the girl with a grin. She looked at the flowers like she was planning on what to do with them. "Your planet is quite diverse and very beautiful I'm jealous, we don't have such blooms where I'm from. "

-------------------

Maklar took back the diamond and slipped it in between the scales again. Briefly his skin showed, and it was a pale cream yellow color. Once the stone was in he shifted after rubbing the mud from his claws. He stretched and looked at her. "Well, I'm human now." He said hugging her purring.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Each planet has unique foliage in it's own way." Zahar said easily, paying the girl before checking his watch. "It's about eight your time - when do fireworks usually start?" He asked. Earth was in fact several days ahead of his planet, but years of schooling made time conversions easy for him. "Will we have to leave soon, or do we have time to stop at a diner for a real lunch?" He asked, walking beside her at a leisurely pace. It was close to noon now, the twin suns making the air hot and sticky, and despite being used to the heat Zahar was starting to sweat, though the trip inside the candy store had a little reprieve.

~ ~ ~

Liv chuckled at him as he stated the obvious. "Like I said, much more cuddly." She returned his hug, pressing her face into his shoulder for a moment before standing. "Gimme a sec to turn off the Jeep, I don't want to keep it running for too long." She told him, slipping outside into the drizzle and shutting off the Jeep. She shoved the keys in her pocket as she ducked back inside, her eyes taking a moment to adjust to the darkness. "Did you know your eyes glow in the dark?" She asked him curiously, sitting down beside him. "What do you want to talk about? Oh! I know, how about we get to know each other better? We're friends, of course, but I don't know what your favorite food is or where you like to go to get away from your siblings." She grinned. "In case you were wondering, my favorite place is here, even though I don't really need it for that purpose anymore."

"They start after sunset, ten or ten thirty. I would love some lunch although for me it's lunch and dinner.." She chuckled. "Might get a tan from this place!" She looked only a little sweaty, and was trying to keep her rocks sheltered so they wouldn't melt. "There's more moisture in the air then the dry heat of California." She said rubbing her brow.

------------

"Yes, they glow because I can see it total darkness. " He stated simply. "Now my favorite place to get away is hard to describe. It's like a hide out for me and the Prince really. Food... that's a loaded question. I really don't have a favorite, being that I'm still growing. I'm basically hungry all the time and eat nearly everything. What I prefer that isn't a snack or dessert is whole roasted boar with honey glaze and twenty five Fudon, a quail like animal that's fatter and used for game hunts."

He licked his lips just thinking about food. He shook the thoughts away. "What about you? And I'll add favorite color and gemstone."

"Oh, okay." Zahar said, nodding in understanding. "Yes, dinner for you, but lunch for me." He said with a chuckle. "Is it odd that time seems to pass slower here than on your planet?" He asked her, leading Rose to a nice diner a few blocks away and laughing at her comment. "Yes, you could get a good tan here, but not before being burned beyond belief. The heat here is definitely different than the heat of California - it's one of the first things I noticed upon coming to Earth."

~ ~ ~

"Oh, okay!" Liv said brightly, nodding in understanding before her eyes grew wide. "Wow. That's a lot of food, you really weren't kidding when you said you were hungry all the time, huh?" She joked, before thinking about his question. "As for food, I like a lot of things. Lots of junk food, pizza, and sub sandwiches. But if I had to choose a favorite that wasn't junk food, I'd have to choose peaches. I know that's kinda a given, since Georgia is known for peaches, but they're really good." She shrugged. "Do they have those on your planet?" She asked curiously before nibbling on her lip in thought. "Gemstone? I never really thought about it, but probably something with a lot of colors, like an opal. Oh, black opals are really pretty." She said. "Oh, I know! What's your favorite thing to do when you're not training or working or whatever?"

"It is a little bit, but considering we came here this morning I didn't think much of it." She said softly looking at the dinner. "Everything is so gorgeous here, and everyone is very kind. " She said with a small smile.

When they went in and sat down she looked at the menu with a confused look. Like everything else it was a holo screen.

---------------

"We do have peaches. " He said simply. He had a whole grove of them in the family garden. "Opals huh...." He looked in thought before answering her question. "Fly. I fly in my free time. It's my favorite thing to do. You? What do you like to do other then hiking or mud bogging?"

((Sorry - I was busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to post.))

"Yes, the scenery is gorgeous and the people are for the most part very friendly." Zahar agreed. He took a seat after pulling out Rose's. "Really a wonderful place to grow up." He told her, picking up the menu and noticing she was staring at it in confusion. "This is a self-serve diner. No waiter, you just order from the holoscreen and it's brought out once it's ready." He pulled the chip from his watch, inserting it into the bottom of the menu. "Typically in this setting the people eating would pay separately, but considering you're from Earth I'll give you my menu once I've ordered. Take a look and order whatever you'd like." He said. "Most of it's really good, I'd recommend one of their sandwiches." He said, eyes scanning the screen as he ordered a sandwich and passed her the menu. "Here. If you want dessert, you need to order it with dinner, and they'll bring it out once we're finished dinner." He told her, leaning back in his chair.

~ ~ ~

"Oh, you do?" Liv asked, delighted. "That's cool!" She chuckled at his answer. "Of course your favorite thing to do would be fly." She teased him playfully, nudging him lightly with her elbow and scooting into his side, wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders and playing with his fingers as she thought. "My favorite thing to do besides be outside is probably watch Netflix, which is basically this service that lets you see all your favorite TV shows." She told him. "I'm still upset that they removed Doctor Who." She grumbled with a slight pout. She noticed it was near dusk now. "Oh, it's getting dark. We should probably go back, but I think it's okay to stay out a little longer." She said with a smile. "Hmm..." Liv hummed, still playing with his fingers, "I'm trying to think of another question. How about... oh, I know! You could tell me more about the prince. I've never had a friend whose best friend was a prince before." She suggested with a grin.

((Its ok. I'll be off for a little wile. On phone. May be short. ))

Rose took his menu and studding it carefully before choosing a sandwich that sounded good. "Thank you for bringing me here. What time is it now on earth? " she asked. She knew it was only a few minutes, but she wanted to try and convert the time herself. "I'll let you choose a dessert. Knowing you you probably had every dessert on the menu. I really need to find something that you don't have here so you can try it on earth. Hmmmm... maybe I can dig up a old recipe.... " she said softly studying him. "Seriously you have gorgeous eyes, we don't have many natural violet eyes on earth. Seriously, it's still mind blowing to me." She said softly propping her chin on her hand and looked from one eye to the other.

,------------------

Maklar smiled and snuggled up against her letting her play with his fingers. "Let's see... he's kind, is known for his sweet tooth. Well loved by the children and people of our planet. He's a natural teacher and instructior. When he scolds someone he checks his anger and never strikes someone who hasn't hit him first. Overall, he's a emotionaless although he hides it."

"You're quite welcome." Zahar said with a smile. "It's about ten minutes since you last asked." He told her with a chuckle. "So about 8:10. We run on different days, but the hourly difference stays generally consistent, depending on the time of the month." He told her with a shrug before giving her a sheepish grin. "Yeah, I've had every desert here multiple times. Seriously, it's unhealthy." Zahar said, laughing. "I'm sure I'd enjoy anything you'd bake." He told Rose before blushing. "Well, I think everything about you is beautiful." He grinned. "Including your eyes." He would never admit that he inwardly preened at the compliments she gave him - he never heard such things from his father, and it was different when Maklar said it. Less genuine, somehow - but then again, Maklar never was much of the touchy-feely type anyways. He turned back to the menu she had returned and studied the desserts, warming under her scrutiny. "We can share my favorite dessert. I'll be a surprise." He told her, ordering and pulling his chip out after he paid. "So, is there anything in particular you'd like to talk about?"

~ ~ ~

Liv smiled as Maklar curled up against her and allowed her to play with his fingers. "He sounds like a good person." She said. Sometime between the beginning and the end of his explanation she had moved to rubbing light circles on the inside of his palm. She leaned into his shoulder and half closed her eyes. "How about you tell me something secret?" She murmured softly. "Something you've never told anyone before? And then I'll tell you something in return." Liv wasn't completely sure what she wanted to tell him - but if he agreed, she knew she could think of something. There wasn't much she didn't share with her brothers, especially with Jackson, but lately... she nibbled on her lip. There was one thing.

"Oh...hmmm... well, any favorite subjects ? Or any skill other then the mind thing are you good at? Swordplay doesn't count" she said softly. She looked at her flowers on the table then looked outside seeing an older couple and the women's husband giving her a rose. She looked at the two almost wistfully.

----------

"I was barely alive when I hatched. I had no fire, and flat grey scales. " He said softly. "Oh, and I'm partly color blind in one eye. I um...... can't see anything blue in that eye... like deep royal blue." Maklar tilted his head. "My eldest brother smacked me with his tail when I was still just a hatchling. It's my right eye. You'll be able to see it's more yellow then red gold like the other."

"Hmm..." Zahar mused. "Well, I really enjoy war history, both Earth's wars and my own, I just find it fascinating." He pursed his lips, thinking. "Well, I like to think that I'm a good strategist. Does that count? And I'm good at a sport called Collision, it's similar to your planet's football, I think." He told her with a smile, following her gaze out the window. He stared longingly for a moment, wishing he had parents like that. "What about you?" He asked, diverting her attention. "What was your favorite subject? Do you have any talents that you're particularly proud of?" He asked, taking a flower and tucking it in her hair before propping his chin on his fist and studying her with a gentle expression on his face.

~ ~ ~

Liv listened to Maklar without interruption, continuing to rub his hand gently. He seemed almost hesitant to say so - not because he didn't trust her, Liv didn't think that was it - perhaps he didn't want to appear weak. She caught his eye and noticed that his right eye was a little more yellow than his left. "Thank you for telling me." She murmured to him, squeezing his hand. "It's hard for me to think of something, I've told my brothers pretty much everything, but um..." Liv figured it wouldn't hurt anything if she told him - the worst he could do is say he didn't return her feelings. No, the worst he could do was laugh in her face and leave, never to return. She decided to take her chances, and, like Jackson had told Maklar she would, Liv went about doing it in the worst way humanly possible. "Usually I'd tell my brothers something like this but they'd probably tease me about it." She shifted in his arms and refused to meet his eyes. "There's this guy that I really like, he's really nice and thoughtful and cute but kinda rough around the edges - a bit like you, actually. And..." She hesitated. What was she saying? This wasn't going at all how she had planned. She banged her head against his chest. "What am I saying? This is not going according to plan. Look, Mak, Ireallylikeyoubutifyoudon'tfeelthesamewayIunderstand." She said quickly and in one breath, dropping hir hand to wring her fingers together instead.

Edited by polaristar

She blushed when he tucked the flower in her hair and looked at her hands. "I-I suppose mechanics isn't allowed.... um.... well, i like accounting and mathematics.. I can solve problems in my head and engineer things to fix the issue. I um... I can sing... and carve just about anything... nothing really amazing..." she said fittling with her fingers. She looked to the kitchen door hoping for a distraction.

-----------------

Maklar smiled slightly. After a moment he snorted and started to laugh. He pulled her onto his lap and started to purr very loudly his nose in her neck and lacing his fingers in hers and hummed softly in her ear. "Of course I like you. How can I not? Was this what you worried about earlier? " He asked.

Zahar smiled warmly at her. "On the contrary, I think that's quite impressive." He said with a smile, taking on of her hands and pressing a kiss to her knuckles. "Honestly, you put yourself down, love. Can't you see that you're incredible?" He asked her, violet eyes flicking to the kitchen door as the cook emerged, bearing their food.

"Just press the service button to inform us when you're ready for dessert." The cook said with a smile before disappearing back into the kitchen.

Zahar picked up his sandwich and smiled at her. "Dig in, my dear."

~ ~ ~

"It's not funny!" Liv shrieked defensively, tears stinging the corners of her eyes before she realized Maklar wasn't laughing at her feelings towards him. "W-wait, you really like me?" She asked in disbelief curling into his lap and allowing him to hold her close. Her fingers tingled where his fingers touched her own, and she smiled into his chest. "I dunno, lots of reasons. I mean, I'm not really that great..." She trailed, laughing slightly with him. The corners of her eyes were still damp, though the urge to cry was gone, replaced by heart pounding joy. "What I was worried about earlier? Pshh, no." She grinned sheepishly. "Okay, maybe. I just didn't think you'd actually feel the same way. I mean, I'm nothing really special, I'm just a typical country girl." She told him, kissing the back of his hand as he continued purring, his face against her neck.

She flushed even more and waited to calm down before eating the sandwich. "No..... no I'm not. Just.. you can't see it.." she said softly.

She continued to eat quietly after that.

-------------

Yes, or do like you." He purred and kissed her cheek. "I've been waiting for you to say that to me. And you're not a simple country girl. Your strong, brave. You're beautiful, with eyes like starlight..." He whispers.

"I do think you're mistaken." Zahar said airily. "I think you haven't been told enough that you're a fantastic, talented, gorgeous girl that any guy would be lucky to have." He said, looking only slightly embarrassed by that statement. "And I will continue telling you this until you believe it. And when you do believe what I'm saying, I will continue telling you because you deserve to hear that." He continued, reaching out to stroke her cheek. "Give yourself some credit, Rose. You're amazing, you just don't see it."

~ ~ ~

"Y-you've been waiting?" Liv stuttered, blushing as he kissed her cheek and blushing even more at his compliments. "You're too sweet." She mumbled, embarrassed, burying her face in his shoulder. "Stop it, I'm blushing." She groaned, though Liv grinned into his shoulder. "I think you're pretty handsome, you know." She leaned back and poked his chest, feeling the hard muscle underneath. "Handsomest and sweetest guy I've ever met. Personally, I think I'm pretty lucky." She grinned at him. "You're not this nice around other people, are you? Because I remember you being quite gruff when we first met..." Liv trailed teasingly.

She had finished eating and was staring blankly out of the window. "I have a dad. I hear that stuff all the time Zahar. " she said softly and watched a little girl with her mother. "I never was treated like a girl. Yeah, kids would tease me because I was geeky, but in the end I was known as one of the guys. I hit harder, throw further, ran faster than any of the boys at my school......"

She sighed. "Then in fifth grade I started getting jealous of the other girls. Their moms would teach their them how to put on makeup... dress fashionably... do their hair... I'd see them with their French braids and cute dresses. My dad had barely knew how to put my hair in a ponytail correctly and I know he tried so hard... but it wasn't the same. Even I can see a pattern develop. Fathers protect, provided strength and a foundation. Mothers nurture, encourage, provide structure. I have no structure. Never had. My mother was a alcoholic. When dad was gone she was sometimes nice. She'd read to me, we'd watch Disney movies, go to the park.... but mostly she was mean. She'd yell and scream at me.. saying daddy leaves her because of me. How she's stuck with me and never wanted a child. Then.... one day she went to far..."

She touched the scar on her face, traceing it from her eyebrow to her nose. "I've always wanted to be treated like a girl. You flatter me but really, I'm not amazing. I'm a scare faced dumb blonde that's just one of the guys. You just can't see it clearly...but I can."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes I have. I didn't want to say anything until you said it first. " He chuckled again. "You attempting to flatter me? A dragün isn't easily flattered.... although we are flattered and attracted to shiny things. " He tilted his head thoughtfully.

"You are correct, although that was also extremely mild compared to my normal self, now with that wretched boy who tried to hurt you.. that way was more on the extreme side, but still rather close to my normal self."

((My laptop has been sent off to be fixed, so I'll be on mobile for the next week.))

"Oh Rose..." Zahar breathed, gazing at her sadly. "You're so wrong. You're intelligent, pretty, and talented. You're the one who can't see it. When you say things like that you not only put down yourself but make it seem like I have no standards. But you're not a dumb blonde, and your scars make you, you." He paused, violet eyes sweeping the empty diner before he stood, moving to her side and cupping her face in his hands. "Let me set the record straight. You are beautiful." He kissed the tip of her scar. "You are smart." He kissed the scar again. "You are talented." Again. He smirked. "And I am quite taken with you, my love." He stroked his thumbs across her cheekbones. "Now, do you want dessert?"

~ ~ ~

"Well that's quite gentlemanly of you." Liv told him with a grin, reaching up and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "And I'll keep that in mind. Someday I'll flatter you. Someday." She said with a grin. "Wow, you really are grouchy. I'm glad not on the receiving end of that." Her silver eyes lit up mischievously. "I think I'm going to call you Mr. Grumpy from now on." She elbowed him lightly. "I'm just kidding, of course. I'll still call you Maklar... most of the time. Why are you so grumpy, anyway? Is that just your personality, or is it something else?" She asked him curiously, rubbing a hand over the plates of his armor. "And doesn't the armor get uncomfortable after a while?"

((O.k............ this moment.... playing with my heart strings!)))

Rose flushed to her ears and her Caribbean blue eyes filled with tears. "How did I get to be so lucky..." she whispers and leaned against him sniffing. "That sounds nice now... " she laced her fingers through his holding his hand tightly. She kissed his cheek softly. "With words like that I feel like a princess... "

With her free hand she pushed back his hair with another sniff. "A few short days and I already feel so close to you. I believe in soul mates... and I believe you are mine.. I want to stay.... I love it here... you're here... I need you Zahar.." she muttered softly.

-------------------

"I was trained to show no emotion. Never let someone get the best of me. So, I'm not grumpy, just stoic. I seem grumpy, but really, I don't display much emotion.. you're different though. I'm not one for touching, I hate it when my mother babies me but you're different. I want to hold you, and touch you. Protect you. "He smiled when she kissed his cheek and he placed a tender kiss on her nose. "It does. But I am not to remove it. The rain stopped.... " He grinned. "You want to fly?"