Polar

Extraterrestrial

((I thought so too. When Farris comes back we can do))

Rose shook her head. "I'm not going to sing! I.. I get stage fright... I'm not going to sing in front of you." She said softly. "Besides you wouldn't know the song anyway..."

Ty snickered. "Not bad and angelic are two vastly different things. This place has acoustics, just go where we can't see you and you can't see us. Take a breather then start singing its simple!"

Rose looked at her father then at Zahar. "Alright.. if you two really want to hear me sing." She wiggled out of his grasp and kisses his nose before walking around a large shelf thing.

She took five deep relaxing breaths before

((I just realized that you changed your avatar... nice.))

Zahar grinned. "I have full faith in you, love. Just go for it." He encouraged, leaning back and crossing his legs after she had left his lap. His position bore remarkable resemblance to the way Captain Kirk sat in Star Trek, however his cape rippled out from beneath him and he held a regal authority that even the great fictional captain lacked. He smiled at her - Rose truly was incredible, and once she had finished he applauded enthusiastically. "That was fantastic, Rose, I can't believe you ever doubted yourself." His violet gaze flickered to Ty. "How are you feeling, Ty, any better?"

Rose peeped out of her hiding spot and was pink. "T-thank you.. I'm glad you.. you thought so.." she said quietly, barely audible over his applause.

Ty was looking at his hands with awe and a stupid grin on his face. "I.. don't have a headache.... and I feel like I can run for miles like I used to! Even my aching joints are gone... my goodness if only we focused funds to medical technology improvements in stead of military we could do this.... " He looked at the Prince like a hyper child. "Please tell me I get mutant powers from this!"

((Yes, he's Lucifer from my black fox rp. I had him commissioned from fractional pi day. Thank you smile.gif ))

((Sorry... I take quarterly college courses which means a lot more homework than what I would have otherwise. I'm lurking, but I just haven't had time to actually post...

*whispers* I have forty math problems to work on what am I doing... xd.png ))

Zahar chuckled, simply shaking her head at her, before laughing. "Mutant powers? I doubt it." He paused, looking thoughtful for a moment. "Though it was engineered from the blood of my people, so who knows?" He shrugged. "You know all about the mind powers thing, right?" He glanced at Rose, waving her back over to him. "What am I saying? You know about that." Ferris' face flashed across his watch, and he swiped it upwards, receiving the call. "Hey, my doctor friend. What's the word?"

"Just calling to check in." He was unable to see Ty from the particular angle the camera was pointed, so Zahar transferred it over to his ship. "No allergic reactions or anything?"

"Nah, he's fine. Thinks he's going to get awesome powers like us, but that's probably not completely wishful thinking." The prince responded with a shrug. "Considering it was engineered from our blood."

"Who knows?" Ferris asked rhetorically. "Our medicine hasn't been used on humans before. I want to keep tabs on him, so just give me updates every few hours, since unlike you I actually have work to do."

"Don't make me come over there." Zahar threatened with a slight grin. "Seriously though, we're fine over here."

"Awesome." Ferris nodded. "I'll see you later - probably tomorrow, I really can't take any more time today."

"That's fine. But we can't stay here all night. I'll figure out some way to get him in without my father noticing." Zahar said with a shrug. "Until then, my friend." He hung up the call, leaning back and addressing Ty. "You're probably fine for the time being, I wouldn't worry too much. I will probably end up somehow sneaking you over to Xanar's later, instead of dropping by the palace first." He shrugged. "We can figure it out as we go, I guess."

((TS yet, I wonder? And would you want to handle the transition or should I?))

((College is hard... Although I never went to one, you kinda need money for that xd.png )

"So...... I'm like a lab rat? .........sweet" Ty said giggling. "I can't wait to see your friend. I'm really good with kids, I've raised a wonderful daughter that a space Prince is interested in! If that's not a sign of good parenting and fate then I don't know what is! I couldn't be prouder!" He gushed.

"Ada, stop that! " rose said softly once again perched on Zahar's knee and she tucked her head under his in embarrassment. "Well, at least he approves of you.." she muttered. "Approve? Approve?! " He folded his arms. "I said good parenting, not approval yet, I'm still a dad and your my baby girl. Although he has a sweet tooth... and you seem to be teaching him the nerd way of the force well young padaone. But I still have questions to ask and that would be between the two of us. " He said trying to look like a stern commander.... in legend of Zelda pajama pants and a Lord of the rings tee shirt.

((You can time skip. I wouldn't know what to do. Maklar and liv meet rose?))

((Eh, I'll begin)

Maklar was nervous. Not that he ever showed it. Now the dinner with his parents and Olivia's went smoother than he expected it to be. His sister had shifted to her Dragon self and played with the dog, whom she was the same size as and his mother proved that she too can shift. Her form was very beautiful and quite large.

Today however was the day where Zahar meets the love of his life. He brought liv flowers, fruits(including the sweet peaches of his plant) and candies that he got since they admitted their love for each other. He was still very gentleman like around her parents and brothers. Around her he was an entirely different person..... but he wasn't ready to have such weakness exposed.

When he landed in the clearing near her home and got out he was his "normal" self; stoic, stiff backed, and emotionless, only his eyes expressed his true feelings. He knocked on the back door. "Olivia?" He called.

----------------------

Rose had baked once again, this time cookies shaped like the weapons from Lord of the rings while wearing her Arwen costume complete with the necklace. This time however she donned on the ridding costume and waited at the clearing for Zahar. She was delighted to finally meet this Dragon friend of his he speaks so much about. Not only that, but her father who was still recovering from the injection but had gained weight, muscle and his strength back. She also exchanged recipes with Yara. She looked up at the sky, sitting on the grass looking for any sign of his ship.

((I can't believe I didn't see this post before now lol))

The dinner with Maklar, his parents, and his little sister went surprisingly well. Liv wouldn't quit cooing over his little sister and teaching her the way to work her cuteness to her full advantage while Maklar, ever the worrier, acted as if something would go wrong at any moment. She eventually set him straight (i.e. threatened to tell his best friend all the embarrassing stories that she knew) which seemed to work quite well.

She was almost ready by the time Maklar arrived, having just finished a light layer of makeup. She grabbed a pair of cowgirl boots that went with her blue jeans and billowy, light brown shirt before heading downstairs. "I'm coming!" She called, pulling on one boot as she came to the door and tugging on the other as she opened it, tripping in her rush over her own foot and falling straight into the stoic dragün's chest. She glanced up at him, feeling the stiffness in his pose that she often caught him in, and grinned sheepishly. "Whoops. Sorry." Stepping back, she ran a hand through her hair (which was down for once) and glanced at him nervously. "I wasn't sure what to wear... is this okay?"

~ ~ ~

Zahar landed, stepping out and turning on his heel, cape whipping in a dramatic fashion behind him as he walked towards Rose's home. He grinned upon seeing her, offering her a hand up off the ground and pulling her gently to her feet once she accepted. "Hello love. You look breathtaking, as per usual." Smiling, he pressed a kiss to her knuckles before wrapping an arm around her waist. "Are you excited? Maklar's terrified about me meeting his intended, I can tell. He thinks he hides it well, but I've known him since I was young. I can read him pretty well now." He smiled. "How's your father doing? He should be doing quite well - I'm pretty sure Ferris is secretly hoping that his blood does mutate due to the cure just so he'll have an excuse to conduct some more research on human... experimentation, for lack of a better word." He grimaced. "That sounded bad, but you know what I mean. I hope." Shrugging, he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Maklar is bringing his intended - girlfriend, I think you humans call it - along too. From what I've heard, she's really nice. Never shuts up about her." Zahar laughed, violet eyes sparkling in amusement. "She must have thick skin to deal with him. He can be a bit... intimidating. Don't let him get to you." Seeming to remember something, he leaned forward to whisper into her ear. "He's also a dragon."

Edited by polaristar

Maklar couldn't help it. As soon as he saw her the purr bubbled up in his chest. "You look beautiful. Relax, he's a nice guy. I just don't want to seem... weak.." He said softly and pulled her against him his purr growing louder as he smelled her hair before playfully kissing her nose. "You are a strong feisty woman. " He chuckled then swallowed his purr and straightened. "I'll give him a call to see where we are going to meet each other." He said roughly and turned around stepping away to call the Prince.

-------------

"Yes you told me that before drama king! " She laughed and threw her arms around him , planting a kiss on his lips. She pulled away running her fingers through his hair. " I missed you. You look as handsome as ever. And you made your hair so soft! It's like you're asking for me to pet you princeling!" She giggled.

Liv grinned broadly, eyes sparkling in amusement at his confession. "You, weak?" She shook her head at him. "Trust me, you're anything but weak, Mak. I tremble for the day when anyone thinks that you, of all people, are weak." Chuckling at him, she followed him, peeking around his arm as he called his friend with a mischievous grin. She knew full well that he knew she was behind him, but she wasn't overly concerned - she wasn't exactly trying to be subtle.

~ ~ ~

"Oh, so I'm a king now, am I?" Zahar teased back, returning her kiss with a slight smile and pulling her close. "Does that make you my queen, hmm?" He abruptly grinned, laughing at her comments. "I don't make my hair soft, love, it just happens. You think product could make this?" He asked jokingly, rubbing a hand through his hand and tousling it even more. His watch let off a ding and he stepped away, answering the call with a smile. "Hey Maklar. Oh, is that her? Let me say hi!" He waved with a grin. "Any plans on a meeting place?"

"Could we meet at home? At my place? I can't exactly fly around here. If you're uncomfortable with that, I can send you the directions and you can come here. I'd rather be at my home though, it's less cramped feeling and we don't have to run into your father. Besides liv is dying to see our planet." He suggested.

----

"Of course I'll be your queen.." She grinned back and waved to the screen, then started to pet his head even more." I'll be in the ship then!" She skipped away and climbed up the ladder taking her spot inside in the co pilot chair.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((The last few days have been busy, sorry... Still around though.))

"Sure." Zahar agreed without hesitation, shaking his head at Rose as she skipped off. "Anywhere that we won't run into my father is fine by me." He said with a roll of his eyes. "I'll see you soon then." He cut off with a grin and a wink, walking towards his ship in no particular hurry. "Don't be in too much of a hurry! Maklar is usually pretty punctual but with her there..." He smirked, eyes alight with amusement. "He tends to get distracted just by her presence. It's pretty amusing, actually." Zahar told her as he swung himself into his ship. "He tries to pretend that it's no big deal, but... after the whole flying-off-in-the-middle-of-training fiasco it's kinda pointless for him to pretend." Snorting at the memory of his best friend, he closed the entryway with a snap of his fingers as he sat down in the pilot's seat. "He can be a bit closed off, so if he seems unfriendly don't take it to heart. It's just the way he is."

~ ~ ~

"So he seems fun." Liv said with a grin, leaning against his side as the prince hung up the call. "You two are polar opposites, though. I'm surprised you get along at all, though I guess the whole opposites attract thing kinda worked in your favor for this..." She said thoughtfully, mulling over their friendship. "So are we going to your planet, then? I can't wait!" She looked excited, grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the doorway. "I can't wait to meet him, I've never met a prince before. Though he seems pretty down to earth." She said, snickering at the irony of her statement.

((It's ok. I would like to know what centur you choose so I can make the sheet. xd.png))

"It's alright, you've told me about him already. I can't wait to meet your friend." She said with a grin and sat back as the ship took off to his planet. "How is draco, and the girl who sold me flowers? The candy store?" She asked eager to know about the well being of his people.

----

Maklar lead her to his ship, helped her inside and getting buckled. He hit the auto pilot and played his bird sounds turning his chair around so he didn't see the stars whip passed and curled up like he usually did. "It's only a few minutes travel wise, but I get sick of I'm not the one flying around. You get to see my home planet and my house there. It's got the best view, of the castle. It's built in the mountain cliffs." He said softly.

A few minutes later they were at the planet and the ship passed the castle landing at in a cave the size of the NASA rocket hanger, parking itself by a newer ship. He got out and helped her out of the ship taking a deep breath of the cool crisp air. "Welcome to my home! This is just the flight hanger, that large red stone palace we passed is my home. The tiles made my family crest, the Dragon skull with golden horns and the large stone in its mouth was Dragon fire opal. It's a sacred stone to my family. Come on, let me show you around." He seemed almost giddy as he took her hand and pulled her across the chamber to a small wooden door in the dark stone. He pushed it open, lead her down a corridor fill of red crystals that glowed like fire and out to the back courtyard of his home.

Polished black rock lead up to the almost pink stone steps to a door large enough for his Dragon self to fit through.

((Sorry for the late reply. Schoolwork is killing me this quarter - I've been averaging 50 math problems these past threeish weeks, which is a nightmare...))

"Ah, that's right." Zahar said, chuckling at his own forgetfulness. "Relax, everyone is doing great. If I can get another approved visit and we can go visit." He soothed, grinning at her. Rose's worry was good - if he were to marry her sometime in the future, she needed to be at least somewhat concerned about his people's well being. "What have you been up to since I've been gone?"

~ ~ ~

"Whoa!" Liv exclaimed, watching the stars whip past as the ship flew. She wasn't one for motion sickness, but could understand why the view made him sick. She leaned forward, eyes glued to the surroundings as the ship landed. Liv allowed her to help her out (even though she really didn't need it, at least in her opinion), and looked around with breathless surprise. "This place is... wow." It was nothing short of incredible, and she could all but feel Maklar's excitement at getting to show her around. "This place is beautiful!" She twined her fingers through his, blue-gray eyes drinking in the extraordinary sight. "Does your whole family live here, or just those of you that haven't moved out yet?"

((It's okay! It gives me time to think of a creative response!))

"Oh we're here! I can't wait to meet your friend! Do you think he and his girlfriend would like my cookies?" She asked. "Oh, I got fired from two of my jobs, then hired by a classic car restoration garage and museum. So I finally have grumpy moody Kyle up and running with original parts and I'm going to give him a paint job so he looks good as new once more! They pay me a lot more than selling scrap. They took me on because they needed someone to restore old tanks and has the knowledge to make them work from world war two and build models of weapons and air craft the Nazis came up with. Oh! I sold a metal sculpture too! And they want me to make several dozen sugar cookies shaped like different vehicles and air craft to sell in the gift shop! I only get a small percentage of the proceeds but we have people coming in and buying lots of cookies in one go! At this rate, I can pay off my bills and my debit, student loans, go back and finish school, then probably open up my own bakery!" She giggled excitedly. "It's been a dream of mine to open up a Baker's Bakery. Combining art with sweets since 1487. " she wiggled in her seat.

------

"Just us that haven't moved out, my parents, little sister my twin, and three other of my brothers. Now I won't ever move out. You see, I take over my father's job when he retires, and my son or daughter who befriends the Prince or princess that Zahar has would take my place. My other family lives close though. And here I can fly you around on a tour. "

((Sorry! I'm here, I swear! What with the final weeks coming up, it's been a nightmare.))

"Well, I'm glad things have been going well for you," Zahar said with a smile. "I'm sure Liv will love them as much as I do. The ship gave a slight jolt as they landed. "Here we are. I'm sure Maklar and Liv are already here, and since I'm practically another son to the family, I doubt I have to announce myself." He opened the hatch, sliding down a ramp instead of the usual ladder. "A bit better than having to climb down every time, eh?"

--

"I don't think I'd ever want to move out of a place like this," Liv said with a grin, looking around in wonder. "It's beautiful here, so huge and open. I love it." She tilted her head looking up at him. "When will I get to meet the rest of your family? I mean, I've met your mother and father and little sister, but when will I get to meet the rest?" She asked him, before a mischievous grin crawled slowly on to her face. "Are they all as grumpy as you?" Liv asked him playfully.

((It's okay I'm keeping this up))

Rose walked down the ramp holding the cookies. "Well, it's easier when I have a plate of sweets in my hand. I'm sure nobody can love my cookies as much as you do. I know I can make you act like a dog if I promised to give you a dozen. " she laughed and kissed his cheek. "Show me where to go, I want to see your best friend Mr. Grumpy Dragon."

-----

Maklar purred at her words. She loved his home, she would want to live here. "My twin sister, yes, even more so. Some of my brothers... it depends on the mood. You may see some of them. If not all at one point here. Like I said, I have six elder brothers and three sisters, one of them you already met. It's.... a lot to meet at once and not all of them are keen on the king's decision about the humans as potential mates. And... it's probably best if you never mention that I took out that diamond showing you the weakest part of my armor or rode on my back like a thragl... the equivalent of a horse here. Only bigger, stronger and faster. At all...... Ever. "

((Here comes finals week... hopefully my posts will speed back up a bit after this. Wish me luck, haha tongue.gif))

"You make a good point," Zahar said with a grin, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I probably would. Just don't tell Maklar, or else he'll probably snatch some for blackmail." Chuckling, he led her through his best friend's enormous home, largely keeping to the outside. "Don't feel like wandering into any of his siblings at the moment," He told Rose. "Last time my hair got singed, the horror."

~ ~ ~

"Grumpier than you?" Liv asked with a grin, moving to wrap an arm around his waist and lean into his side. "That's hard to imagine," She informed him before pulling two fingers of her free hand across her lips, miming a zipper. "My lips are sealed - I won't breathe a word." She told him. "So, where are we headed, exactly? Not that I don't love seeing your home - I'd love to have a chance to explore some more later - but I can't wait to meet the prince and his girlfriend."

((Good luck! xd.png))

"oh no! Well, at least they didn't do anything worse than singed your hair. I've done that when projects went awall. It took off the hair on my arms!" She giggled as they rounded a bend and spotted a couple standing on a mosaics in a wide space. "is that them? Come on Zahar!" She giggled and grabbed his hand pulling him behind her as she ran towards the couple.

"We're not moving. The Prince would be here-""Hi! I'm Rosemary you must be his friend I've heard so much about! Oh don't tell me your name, he said it once let me remember........" She paused for a moment. "Maklar right? Man these people get cool names!"

Rose grinned at liv holding out the plate. "Cookie?" Maklar swallowed his purr when she ran up and returned to his normal stoic behavior. He bowed to Zahar and rose. "You are correct lady Rosemary. Prince Zahar, may I introduce you to Olivia. She prefers liv. Liv, this is Prince Zahar. " He spoke formally in a monotone.

"Their mother would have killed them if they accidentally did any lasting damage. Imagine, these good looks, burned away forever!" Zahar said dramatically, chuckling as Rose dragged him across the courtyard to meet Maklar and his intended. Maklar seemed to be midway through a patiant explanation when Rose interrupted the conversation, talking excitedly. Zahar's mouth twitched upwards into a smile as he snatched a cookie tron Rose's plate and took a bite. "Believe me, they're heaven!" He said to Liv, holding out a hand for her to shake. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Liv grinned, shaking his offered hand. "You as well. Finally meet me, eh?"

"Maklar speaks of you," Zahar told her in unneeded explanation. "Very highly, I might add."

"He'd better," Liv said, nudging the dragun lightly in the ribs. "It's nice to meet you too, Rose. I'm Liv. Which you already know..." She waved her hands about for a moment before accepting a sweet from the plate and taking a bite. "Wow, these are really good! You have to teach me how to bake sometime. Mak, you have to try one!"

Zahar smiled at Liv's antics - he liked her already. She was a welcome change to Maklar and his usual grouchiness. "Do you have any idea as to what to do today?" He asked his friend.

((I apologize for any weird autocorrects, btw))

"Well, I did run off once during a sword fighting practice with him half shifting as I did so. ....then I almost broke down your door... " He fell silent and took a cookie after a moment, sniffing it cautiously and took a tentative bite. He swallowed. Well, I wanted to show her around town. And around my house. My family is being scarce today. Dad called into a meeting... again. Mom and sisters are at her home planet, looking for mates for the two eldest. Dark is holed up in his room with his wife still waiting for the egg to hatch. The two water brothers went out to the sea to fish some. So, I'd like to show her around my home too. Maybe.... the castle as well?" He asked then looked at the cookie in his hand and took a big bite from it making rose giggle.

"I'll gladly teach you sometime! Sounds like a full day..... and it looks like someone else has a sweet tooth! I should've brought more cookies.. or I would've had some more if someone didn't eat half of them..." She looked at Zahar narrowing her blue eyes at him. "I'd love to go into town! I want to see little draco again and my dad. It was his retirement anniversary three days ago. I want to give him my gift and check up on him- oi thief! Leave some for my dad!" She slapped away Zahar's hand.

Maklar blinked twice then laughed. "Where did you find that little spitfire Zahar? If she had red skin, I'd mistaken her for a Dragun woman!"

Zahar let out a snort. "Yes, I do remember that. I wasn't completely sure what had happened but I'm never letting it go now," He chuckled. "High hopes for the day, then. I'd avoid the castle though, the king is already in a mood since we've brought not one, but two humans here. I'd suggest steering clear for now, just to be safe. And sure, we can go into town, Rose, I don't mind at all. I've visited your father a few times, making sure he's settled in well and all, and he seems quite happy."

"Yes!" Liv cheered. "It's not that I'm a bad cook or baker or anything, but I've never been able to make anything that is this good." Liv snickered at the pair, eyes alight in amusement. "Yeah, it looks like you've got your hands full, Zahar."

"Hey! It's not like I stole the whole plate!" Zahar protested. "Just one cookie! Well, maybe two, but no more than that. There's still a bunch left!" Rolling his eyes, Zahar sent a playful glare at his friend. "It was an accident, really. All but landed in her scrapyard. Of course, I could ask you the same thing about Liv. I have never seen a couple more opposite in my life! Though you two work rather well together, surprisingly."

Liv grinned, glancing at Maklar out of the corner of her eye. "Thanks. Not to mention, Mak - you're going to be an uncle? That's so cool! Wait, do you already have nieces and nephews? Because that's still awesome. I've always wanted to be an aunt, but I doubt Jack will be having kids for a while. Jack's my brother," She explained to Zahar and Rose, thought it was probably unneeded. "I have three. He's the oldest."

Edited by polaristar