Polar

Extraterrestrial

"Right." Zahar said, catching her with ease and following her, closing the hatch when he heard Ferris behind him. He intertwined their fingers and squeezed her hand as they walked into the hospital. "Relax, love, it'll be fine." He murmured, sending charming smiles towards anyone that took second looks at the odd party.

Ferris was suitably distracted - there was a few nurses in the downstairs, and it took an elbow in the ribs from Zahar for him to stop looking eagerly. "Dude, stop elbowing me!"

"Then stop creeping out the nurses." Zahar responded. "Rose, lead the way." He said with a bright smile.

Rose lead the way up two floors and to her father's room without a hitch. There was a doctor in her father's room so she went with plan B explaining and introducing Farris and handing her the slip. The woman, who was named Dena Zander looked over the sheet.

"Ada " rose started speaking in a different language. It sounded beautiful. Ada! Echuio! Av-'osto...Tolo ar nin. she muttered softly. It was elvish she was speaking in, saying Father wake up, do not be afraid....come with me.

Her father had light sandy blonde hair and strong features, although bony and pale from lack of proper exercise and sunlight. He smiled and brushed her check softly responding in the same language. Iston i nîf gîn.... He kissed her forehead. "You look beautiful my little elf. "

"I'll wait by the door." Zahar said, slapping Ferris on the back. "Go get em, tiger." He said with a chuckle, leaning against the doorframe and watching the proceedings. Everything was going according to plan, and Ferris was very convincing. Zahar noticed that Rose had blonde hair just like her father, who despite everything had a kind face. The prince had had very little paternal love - the whole concept was almost foreign to him, and he watched the two with interest. He noted that the doctor had accepted the form, despite her curiosity about the odd pair. Ferris could blend a little better with the humans for the sole reason that his mother was one, hence his human name. Zahar walked over to help as they began the process of moving Rose's father. "Hello." He said with a kind smile. "My name's Zach." He used a human name - there would be time to explain once they were on the ship. Ferris was looking a little apprehensive at the fact that the doctor wanted to help Rose's father out - she'd notice that they didn't have a car. Zahar gave the doctor a slight shake of his head. 'Wait.' He mouthed, wanting to see if Rose had any way to get out of this before Ferris used his power.

Rose smiled. "We have to go easy bound on the freeway and construction is a nightmare." She rolled her eyes. "We have a private bus waiting for us down two blocks. The detour is for emergency vehicles only on the east bound freeway entrance and exit so we have to take the back roads a little ways to the train station it's a nightmare really..." She explained

Dr. Zander nodded. "True, true. I wish they get that done, but it's hot in the summer and they can only work in the mornings without getting heat stroke. " She said softly. "Well, take care of Mr. Baker, he's well loved here." She told Farris with a smile and a shake of his hand.

Rose sighed when she went back inside and started walking to the constitution yard holding her dad's hand tightly and talking in elvish. Her father had dignity at the hospital and was aloud to have on normal clothes as long as they are lose and easy to remove. So, he had on a tee shirt that said "I'm not running for fitness, I'm running because they're taking the hobbits to isangard" and a pair of triforce Zelda pajama pants.

"Well, that was easier than expected." Zahar said, helping her father through the construction yard. "You know I've never actually used the ramp function on my ship before?" He flicked a few buttons on his watch and a ramp lowered. "I've never needed to before. Before now that is." He shrugged. "Ferris, I hope you brought the scanner."

"Of course. I left it in your ship." Ferris responded, climbing ahead of them into Zahar's ship and grabbing the medical scanner from a drawer. "Let me see what I'm dealing with." He flicked buttons on the handheld device. "Prince Zahar, you explain everything. I'm just the doctor."

"Fine." Zahar grumbled. "My name is Prince Zahar, and that's Doctor Ferris. We're from the planet Rasabol, and -"

"I can cure him." Ferris interrupted. "This is simple for us - I can cure him, Prince Zahar."

"Excellent!" Zahar said. "Anyways... yep. This is my ship. Rose asked me to try and cure you so here we are." He said with a shrug. "Rose, strap him in, if you would?" He asked.

Ferris had seated himself beside Zahar again, and just used a lap belt belt despite Zahar's amused look. "What? Safety first! Land your ship behind the hospital, nobody goes there, and I can make sure nobody asks questions about Mr. Baker's presence."

"You got it." Zahar said with a mock salute. "Can't you just grab the cure from the hospital, if it's so easy?"

"Oh, I should do that. Still land behind the hospital, though." Ferris advised.

"Sure thing."

"I'm thyme baker. Rosie had already explained to me on the way over.. this is absolutely marvelous and fascinating!" He said and looked around the ship as rose showed him how to strap in.

When Farris said he could cure her father easily she squealed and hugged the doctor. "Oh thank you thank you! He should stay there though. They'll be many questions if my dad left for a few hours and came back fully cured..." She said taking a seat.

Ty looked around the ship with a amazed look on his face. "Brilliant, my dear seeking help from a race superior to our own who's technology can cure even the rarest of cancer with simple ease. I knew all that Nancy drew would help you out someday...." He chuckled. "Ohhh, you baked too? I smell our fudge... now are you dating that Zahar fellow?" He asked suspiciously.

"You're quite welcome." Ferris said, looking slightly awkward. "It's my pleasure as a doctor, you know." He said with a shrug. "I'll see what I can do, but since Zahar isn't 21 yet this isn't completely legal..." He trailed.

"There are diseases deadlier than your cancer on our planet." Zahar said solemnly, before piloting his ship into the air. "Coordinates are set, so off we go." He stood, wandering over to grab a cookie. Autopilot was a lifesaver on journeys such as these. "Wow, these cookies are really go-" He choked on his food, taking several slaps on the back from a snickering Ferris before he was able to breath again. "Dating? I don't think I'd -"

"Please, Zahar, don't try and sugar coat it." Ferris rolled his eyes, grinning. "They're just not official."

Zahar sent him a mixture between a glare and a weary look. "Really, Ferris, a little tact would be nice." He said dryly, shifting uncomfortably. He may be Rose's dad, but he was still a father. How would he react. Zahar was sure he would hate him, just like his own father did. His face reflected his discomfort, and he sent Rose and her father apologetic looks. "Sorry."

Rose started snickering as her dad folded his arms with a glare..... but his smile dimples and the bright glow in his eyes made him far less intimidating. He then burst out laughing deep and hearty like. "That was a complete guess! Bakers don't do well with dentists and doctors, we're a little bit too sweet for them, but I'm certain Dr. Zander is single and looking. She's a very kind gal. Brilliant too. Youngest brain surgeon I've ever met!"

He then grinned at Zahar. "Easy on those cookies, they're a little addictive like our double chocolate mint swirl fudge. No need to be sorry, I'm happy my girl is finally dating, I've been trying to hook her up for years!" "Ada!" Rose said turning pink with embarrassment.

"He has a sweet tooth! Come on Rosemary, you know how important sweets are to our family! He can't have a health nut in our Bakers Dozen now can we?" He said spinning around in his chair. He was very much like his daughter,..... or was it the other way around?

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"I'll keep that in mind." Ferris said with grin. "Hey Prince Zahar, do you think -"

"Do whatever floats your boat, Ferris." Zahar said with a grin, his posture relaxing at her father's approval. "Just needed to find the right guy first, huh, Rose?" He asked her with a grin. "Don't worry about me eating too many - my training schedule is very rigorous and I have a quick metabolism. I won't gain any weight from eating these. All of them, maybe." He said with a grin. "A huge sweet tooth, yes. Yara, the palace cook, is afraid that I'll keel over from a heart attack at 25." He chuckled, shaking his head at the man who acted so much like Rose. "I'm no health nut, but I do enjoy a good workout. It's required on our planet anyways, tradition and all that." He shrugged. "Not even wowed that I'm a prince. So much alike, you and Rose." He said with a grin.

Ferris spoke up this time. "I should have you good as new in two hours or so, Mr. Baker. Three if you want to take some nutrients to help you gain your weight back quicker." He said with a grin before leaning over to whisper to Zahar. "Can't get my mind off that brain surgeon. You'd approve of that, then?"

Zahar laughed, slapping his friend's shoulder. "Of course."

"Eh. We hear drama about "Prince Philip did this at the grand ball" or some other Prince of Denmark or something. Y'all are just people royalty or not, besides, I've built satellites that could potentially pick up signals form plants that had the potential for sustainable life. So the fact there's aliens isn't really much of a shocker either. " He said. "Please, Mr.Baker is my father, he was the strict military commander, I'm just the fun loving- sugary sweet-nerdy army mechanic. Call me Ty. Yes I will take those, I feel like I can be whisked away by a gust of wind." He said folding his legs and letting momentum spin him to a stop. "This feels like a tiltawhirl...."

"Ten minutes out of the hospital and I'm starting to think they got a screw loose in your brain. " Rose said trying not to giggle at her dad.

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts..." her dad muttered softly. "And they're all standing in a row..."

"Oh wait, that's how you normally act..." Rose said started spinning too. "Big ones small ones some as big as your head, Give them a twist a flick of the wrist, that's what the showman said!" She sang with him.

"I'm sorry to say dear, but I guess we both have that extra nut rattling around in our heads." Laughed her dad. "Yara sounds like a lovely woman. Would you mind if I worked as a cook too? I agree with my daughter, going back to earth, even if I stay at home, would risk questions about my recovery and your exposure. Heaven forbid we let you get caught by our government. "

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"I have no idea who those people are, but whatever you say." Zahar said with a grin. "Landing now." The only indicator that they had arrived was the slightest of jolts, and Ferris was standing immediately.

"I'll be back in a half hour, tops." Ferris said. "Keep the shields up, it will at least keep you from being seen." He said. "See you soon." Zahar opened the hatch and Ferris dropped out, and the hatch was closed again.

Zahar chuckled at the father and daughter before his smile faded. "I will... see what I can do. But this operation hasn't been authorized, so while I am prince if this is found out your memory will be wiped and Ferris will be jailed. I will face severe punishment, though will still be king when the time comes, as I am the only true heir to the throne." He said slowly. "But I will do my best to make sure you can stay here."

Zahar waited in uneasy silence for Ferris to return. The doctor returned surprisingly quickly, holding a syringe and a bottle of pills. "One cure and nutrient pills." He twirled the syringe in his fingers. "Hold still, this will only sting for a moment. It will work slowly, but we should see results in two hours." He tipped Ty's head back and inserted the syringe into his neck, emptying it of medicine. "Take one pill once a day for the next, oh, three weeks? You'll see results in one, however." He said with a smile. "I will monitor you, but have to be back at work by 12." He informed them. "So I have another 45 minutes."

Rose was up and divided out the sweets. She handed him a basket of sugar cookies, three types of fudge and a small mango tart pie made for one. "Here... as a thank you. You risked your carrier and your freedom to help me. I can't thank you enough.." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug. "Hope you like mango tart! Oh and there's buck eyed fudge that's peanut butter and chocolate, the double chocolate mint, and white chocolate cranberry pecan fudge." She said pointing to each of them in the basket.

"Some sugar cookies..." She said pointing to a half dozen wrapped artistically decorated cookies. "Pumpkin spice cookies" a couple orange cookies, "and cottage cheese." She pointed to about ten small chocolate looking cookies with powder sugar sprinkled on top. "Oh and my favorite Russian tea cookies."

Her father nodded at Zahar. "I understand. Perhaps I can lay low in a bakery somewhere? Help out a friend of yours maybe?" He asked. "I would stay hidden, keep quiet and work hard. " He said wincing when the doctor came back and poked his neck and took the pills. "Three earth weeks or your weeks, Rosie said something about a time difference between our planet and yours..."

"Rewards at last." Zahar said with a dramatic sigh and a grin. "It's the least I can do, you know, I don't mind." He said with a shrug, taking a sugar cookie. "Thanks for the goodies, Rose." He said with a grin, stretching out in his seat. Zahar smiled. "That, I may be able to do. I'd have to take you away from the capitol, of course, but I could leave you to work for about three weeks, which is roughly four months Earth time. The time difference is rather large, yes, so you'd notice that if I were to take you home now it would be a few hours later."

"I was referring to three weeks my time, which is why like Zahar said, it would be advisable for you to stay here during that time." Ferris advised, checking his watch. "I know it's a bit early, but since I'm never late for a shift I should go now to avoid raising suspicion. If you need anything, just call me." He said, and Zahar opened the hatch to allow the doctor to swing himself one-armed out of the ship, a piece of fudge in the other.

"I'll do some research, see what I can come up with for jobs during your stay." Zahar said, flicking a holographic screen in front of the window. "Tell me if you see anything you like."

((That particular basket was for the doctor, I thought I said that. Zahar gets even more goodies.))

Ty got off his belt and sat next to the Prince looking at the job listings. "I can work on mechanical things, I'm perfectly adaptable to learning about this technology. Cooking, baking, making sweets, accounting, if that narrows it down.." He said looking at the large list.

Rose got some Russian tea cookies and smiled slightly as she sauntered up to Zahar and shared a look when her father, winking before sitting on his lap and leaned against his chest running her fingers through his hair. "What about Xanar? His wife should have had their baby, does he need help? And because you go there every day you can check up on my dad. Speaking of... how is he? Is his wife okay? How's the baby? Oh and little drago... does he have any new teeth coming in?" She asked softly.

((My bad. He'll stop by later to get them - he can't exactly trapeze into work with them.))

"Well I can narrow the search down to that, then." Zahar said, midway through his search when Rose sat on his lap, leaning against his chest while running her fingers through his hair. His concentration wavered. He was in front of her father! Ty had to like him, and losing any semblance of brain function was not going to instill confidence in the man. "Xanar? Yes, that's a good... idea." He stammered, his cheeks darkening considerably. He was a prince, he was trained to keep a cool head. Why was this suddenly so difficult? "Yeah, he may need some, ah... help." She was doing this on purpose, Zahar was sure of it. "Drago?" Who was that again? Right. "Yeah, he does, two actually." He mumbled. He couldn't lose his train of thought. Nope, nope, nope. "I don't think Xanar would mind a, uh, helping hand." Zahar said slowly, violet eyes staring determinedly at the screen. "I can certainly ask... him..." He trailed mind fixating on the girl sitting on his lap. She looked very soft, and he felt an urge to kiss her like he had that night. He shook his head. Rose's dad was here. He couldn't. "I'll keep looking though. Cook would be the most... inconspicuous." Zahar shifted her weight on his lap, wrapping his free hand around her waist. "So let's look at that." He seemed uncertain, but moments later a list of available cooking jobs was displayed. "See anything you'd like to do here?" Everything from manager to fry cook was shown - there were many options available.

"Naaaawwwww! Rose you short circuited the poor lad's brain! You got him wrapped around your little finger don't you?" Ty burst out laughing. "You think so?" She asked and burrowed her nose under his chin. "You smell nice..." She said with a soft hum of contentment. " At this point, her dad was concentrating on the list with a squint before going back to his bag muttered something about reading glasses.. that was on his head. He was actually leaving the two some privacy.

"My dad's really cool about this stuff. Don't be afraid of him.... it's true, he has been trying to hook me up. You'll know when you've stepped wrong. He just won't talk to you very much. If he's a chatterbox, then he adores you." She said softly kissing his nose and feeding him a tea cookie.

Zahar grinned in a sheepish manner as Ty teased his daughter, and he kissed her forehead gently. "Hmm, love, he's right - you kind of do." He agreed. Ty was right - she had him wrapped around her little finger. One pout and he'd do whatever she'd ask. Not that Zahar would tell Rose that, as she'd figure it out soon enough. "Pretty cool or not, no father wants to see his daughter kissing a boy." He said, eyes flicking to Ty who was looking for his reading glasses. "Uh, Ty, sir? Your reading glasses are on your head." He said, taking the cookie she gave him in one bite. "You really live up to your name, Rose." He said with a grin. "These sweets are amazing."

Rose grinned. "Good, I have others too, I tried to come up with ones you haven't had, of course it's hard to tell because I don't know what earth products you guys have here or if they are under different names..." She said softly tilting her head. Ty chuckled. "This I know.." He said still looking through his bag. "Oh shut up and kiss the girl! I can tell you want to! I don't mind!" Ty called and rose flushed. "Ada" she covered her face. "Stop embarrassing me!"

"Well, at least I won't have to worry about going hungry with you around." Zahar teased, before laughing, eyes twinkling in amusement. "Well, Ty, if you insist." He laughed. "Get comfortable, love, we may be here a while." He teased, taking her chin and tilting her head up, pressing his lips to hers in a gentle yet passionate kiss. However much he wanted to get lost in it, however, he was careful - however much Ty may approve, the young Prince didn't want to push his luck, especially with Ty regaining his strength. He may be cheerful now, but what would he do when he was angry? Zahar pulled away after several long moments, thumbing her cheek with a grin. "You still embarrassed, love?"

Ty was at the screen reading some of the jobs. "Oh it looks like there's a job washing dishes in the castle. Not really cooking, but things must be cleaned to make a good meal..." He said thoughtfully. "Plus the king will avoid the dishwasher, the lowest in the kitchen. I doubt he'd notice me."

"Huh?" She said softly with the same dreamy look on her face as the night before. Once again, it took a few moments to restart her brain. "About what? What where we talking about again?"

Zahar made a face closely resembling a grimace at the mention of his father. "I wouldn't promise that. There is no love lost between my father and I, however he is very dedicated when it comes to the palace staff in general. You'd be interviewed and hired by Yara, of course, but he'd eventually stop by to examine his new dishwasher." The prince scowled. "The fact that he's more invested in the staff than in me is sad." Shaking his head, he grinned down at Rose. "Whose brain is short-circuited, now?" He questioned with a grin. "Getting a job for Ty, Rose." He reminded her with an amused smile. "I do think that watching Xanar's child could be a real possibility, however. I can trust him - I've known him since I was 13 - so you'll be able to stay close by and I'll be able to keep an eye on you without arousing much suspicion. I'm in town all the time anyways." He shrugged. "But I would seriously advise against applying for something in the palace, even if Yara were to cover for you. We'd all get in serious trouble."

Ty nodded. "Alright, I'll child sit then. It's been a while since I've looked after a little cutie. " He said with a grin. "I can help make sweets too." He said softly.

Rose smiled. "Thank you again for helping my dad.." She muttered. Ty looked at Zahar. "So your father and you don't get along well huh? I understand that. Now, we can't say parked behind the hospital now can we?"

((So sorry for the delay, homework has me down. I'll try to respond to Gifted School tomorrow.))

"I'm sure Xanar will love the extra help." Zahar chuckled, before kissing Rose on the forehead. "Speak nothing of it, love. I wasn't going to sit around and do nothing, that really isn't my style." He told her, before laughing. "We won't be parked here forever. When Ferris gets out of work, I'll land in the palace hangar and we'll head to the garage next door. He'll make sure that no one sees or reacts to what is happening - perks of mind control, but mainly he'll just make sure they look the other direction. He can't exactly erase memories." Zahar explained.

((Okiday! smile.gif ))

"Those mind abilities come in handy at times..." ty mused lounging on a soft chair. Rose got up and put away the tea cakes. I still have to teach you to make brownies... you want a lemon marang pie? It's a single serve..." she handed him the tiny tin and the pie. Her father even looked impressed. "I've never seen a hand made pie that small! My own daughter surpassed me in the kitchen... you make your ada so proud.." He sniffed like he was going to cry and hugged her. "Have you heard this woman sing yet?! She has the voice of an angel! I don't know where she got it because I sound like a hurt cat. Sing rose come on, at least to pass the time!" He said proudly.

Rose shook her head. "No. " she said sternly. "I have a hard enough time singing in front of you Ada.... I don't think I can do it in front of a Prince..."

((Ugh, sorry >.< ))

"Yes, they do." Zahar agreed. "Sure." He accepted, looking eager. "Honestly Rose, you spoil me. I'm going to get fat, the horror." He joked, taking a bite and moaning in delight. "This is delicious." He said between bites, chuckling at the two. He rolled his eyes. "Honestly, Rose, you give me too much credit. I'm a Prince, sure, but I'm very unconventional." He laughed, reaching over to pull Rose onto his lap again. "Come on, I'll sing with you. Yara says I'm not bad." He offered. "Please?"

((When do we want to jump back with Maklar and Liv? We don't have to do it quite yet, I'm just wondering. Maybe Liv and Rose meet each other because Zahar and Maklar agree to hang out with them together? I dunno, it sounds like it would be something cool for them to do))