Polar

Extraterrestrial

((Replied to Adventures. Dunno if you saw it yet or not smile.gif ))

"Oh. That makes sense," Liv said, looking apologetic. "I'm sorry Mak! I didn't even touch it! I didn't mean to hurt you." She paused, watching him with concern. "Are you crying? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to --" She cut off, sighing. "I'll go get you a blanket," She told him dejectedly, tapping the button she had seen him use before to open the hatch and walking down out of the ship. It was dark out, and through the faint haze of clouds Liv was able to see that it was likely close to midnight. A flashlight shined in her eyes and she winced, putting a hand between her eyes in the harsh light. "Hey, cut the light, it's me!"

"Oh, hey Liv," Jared said. "You're back late. Mom and Dad aren't happy."

"It's not my fault, time flows differently on Mak's planet!" Liv argued. "Speaking of Maklar, I need a blanket."

"Why..." He drawled out suspiciously.

"To make a long story short, Maklar's twin sister is pure evil and he got himself hurt making sure I didn't get hurt," Liv said.

"Shouldn't we, I dunno, get the first aid kit or something?" Jared said, walking her back to the house. "I mean, that is sorta the logical thing to do."

"I'm kinda afraid he'd bite my hand off, he's in a lot of pain," Liv said, only half joking.

"Liv's home!" Jared shouted as they entered the house. "Not her fault, there's a time difference! Mak's got a bit of a situation, we'll be back soon!"

Jared tossed her a blanket from a cabinet, which she caught easily. He squinted at her hands. "Is that a ring?!" He hissed.

"Can we not have this conversation right now?" Liv snapped, heading back out the door.

"The heck we can't!" Jared exclaimed. "I can't believe you got engaged!"

"I'm not engaged, Jair!" She sighed, beginning to climb the ship's ramp. "It's a promise ring."

"Same difference," Jared muttered. "Hey Mak, you mind if I come in too?"

~

Zahar watched Rose's conversation with her dad with slight confusion - he knew several languages, most of which human ones (as the Derga didn't have many and the dragun's couldn't be spoken by anyone outside their race) though he didn't recognize the one she was speaking. Fortunately, Ty's response cleared things up for him, and Zahar felt relieved that he had the man's confidence. "I'm glad you think I'll be able to clear this up. I certainly hope so. My father is a difficult man to deal with, to say the least. You two could not be more different," He said with a chuckle. "I think I'll be able to sort things out, however. There's no way my father could both find me a suitable bride AND arrange a royal wedding in two months. It's impossible."

((Yes I saw I'll post after this.))

Mäklär was sobbing. "D-don't know... don't threaten... judgment fuzzy." He looked up at her one eye dilated, the other slitted whimpering as fat tears rolled down his cheek. "S-sorry for snapping. Can't control myself.. just.. so angry... if you'd been hurt... if you'd been........ " He lowered his head for her to examine him holding his shoulders sobbing. He would have lost her, gone berserk in anger. "Sister cruel wicked witch! I hate her! Would've killed my love and not feel anything. Would've killed my love!" He whimpers.

----

"Indeed. I have been married once. If he did find a suitable bride in time he'd have to deal with the woman he intends for you and by the looks of things around here, women here are highly respected here. I can tell you, no woman would pass up the opportunity to have a massive wedding held in her honour.. well of course you my dear but you're different from other women... " He looked at his little girl. "I highly doubt that it can be planned in less then a month. My own wedding took six earth months to plan and our months are longer then the ones here!" He rubbed his temples. "I had to be on a no sweet diet for six months just to fit into my hideous lime green tux. No sweets." He grabbed Zahar's shoulders. "It just about killed me. Third best day was the day was the day I divorced her." He patted his shoulder.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Sorry, been busy. Day sucked sad.gif ))

"You know what..." Liv started, halfway up the ramp and despising Maklar's state, "I'd better handle this."

Jared stopped too. "Yeah, okay. Let me know if you need anything. I'll just explain to Mom and Dad. Feel better!" With that, he quickly left, looking slightly uncomfortable.

Liv shushed him soothingly, wrapping the blanket around his shoulders. "It's alright Mak, don't cry. Everything is alright." She kissed his forehead, examining his wound so carefully as to not hurt him. "Let me know if it hurts too much. I don't think I can do anything, the wound is a bit too deep, though I don't think it's infected. Do you want me to call one of your siblings or your mother or something to heal you?" She asked him, rubbing his shoulders soothingly.

~

"Exactly," Zahar said in agreement. "An abrupt wedding with no planning would be a high insult, especially if it was a royal wedding. Though..." He paused, tensing slightly as Ty grabbed his shoulders. "I wouldn't want to divorse your daughter after marriage. So I suppose I'd have to find a different third best day, eh?" He asked, chuckling. "Anyways, I need to get Rose home. It's late on earth. I'll stop by to see you guys sometime else this week, though." He glanced at Rose. "You ready to go?"

((Oh sad.gif don't like sucky days.))

"N-no. I think I have a bottle of mum's breath around here. It's in a blue bottle. Mine is in the red one." He got up and started rummaging through the drawers around the ship. "Help me find it, then we can go inside.. I can't go back now. I'm still to anger... if I go back I'd do something bad that would keep me from seeing you for the rest of my life. I don't want to do that....I can sleep in the ship if your parents wouldn't let me in I just cant go back right now." He whimpers pulling out a blue bottle. "Here just dab a little on the wound. a little goes a long way for a dragun." He handed her the bottle and sat back down.

Afterwards he followed her down the ramp and to the back door of the house, expecting to get chastised by her mother and father and any of her brothers who where there.

------

Rose handed the baby back to her dad kissing Ty's cheek. " Thank you daddy for the pep talk. I really needed it. I should probably get a little candy, your dad may still be in the garage and would be suspicious if i didn't return with sweets."

Ty nodded at Zahar's statement. eh, the third best would be having your first child. Your first would be meeting my daughter and second would be marrying her. So I guess you have the first three nearly full already." He grinned at him and hugged the prince tightly. "It'll be an honor calling you my son. I agree, she should be getting home." he turned to rose taking the baby and grinned at her. "Well i wouldn't deserve the title of Adda if I didn't take care of you. I hope you get home safely."

Liv nodded, rummaging through drawers as well as she searched for the bottle, though Maklar found it first. "Don't worry, I think they'll understand," She said. "Jare is inside, probably giving them the same quick recap of events I gave him. I don't think Jackson and Jason are here, though," She said, following his instructions and only dabbing a little bit on the wound. It healed quickly, mending itself much faster than it would have otherwise. "You know, I'm starting to see why you guys don't have veterinarians. There's no need." She set the bottle down, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "There, good as new." She led him to the back door, and Jared gave a wave as they came inside.

"Hey guys. You're looking better, Maklar. I sorta explained what was going on," Jared said. "I'm not sure I quite did it justice."

"We got the gist of it," Lilly said. "Things happen, we understand. Don't we, Mark?"

Liv's father winced, as if he was kicked under the table. "Yes. Accidents happened," He said, sounding slightly begrudging.

"So Maklar really can't go home right now, since he'd probably kill his sister... can he spend the night here?" Liv asked. "On the couch, of course."

"I suppose," Her father sighed. "But I'm watching you."

"As am I," Jared said, narrowing his eyes at the dragun. There was no threat in his tone, however. "Speaking of spending the night... that's what I'm doing. Night," He said, giving a lazy wave towards Maklar and hugging his parents before disappearing up the stairs.

Liv hugged her parents goodnight, yelling "I'm going to get a shower!" As she went upstairs. After her shower, she dressed in a loose t-shirt and shorts, before going back downstairs. "Alright, I'm going to bed. Night Mom and Dad. Night Mak." She said, yawning as she went back up the stairs and rolled into her bed, covered only by a sheet.

~

"Yes, you probably should," Zahar agreed, chuckling at her father. "Yes, I suppose you're right. I am getting there." He patted the man's back awkwardly at the unexpected hug, though felt secretly proud of what Ty had said. "Thank you. Alright Rose, if you want to grab some candy on the way out, I'll pop into the kitchen to let Xanar know," He told her, going back to the main floor and popping his head in the kitchen. "We're grabbing a little something for the road, Xanar, just so you know."

"Be there in a moment!" Xanar said, taking off oven mitts before heading to the front of the shop. "Your father has been a great help to us, Lady Rose. What can I get you?"

Maklar helped lily set up the couch for him. " My twin sister destroys or takes away everything i care for. She even tried to poison Kiri once. If i where a resident of Ryuu, going back and killing her wouldn't be punished. Even if the Queen kills or attempts to kill another Dragun's mate, she too is can face a challenge as long as she has a female to continue her line. Alas, i am not of Ryuu, but of Rasabol. To kill my sister there, my wings shall be cut, horns and claws sawed off, teeth filed to dull nubs and sent to Instrus where the air is polluted far worse then it is here, and forced to stoke the fires there. Stripped of my title and all galactic traveling privileges revoked...."

He turned to her parents. " I am sorry for not bringing her home sooner. Time moves differently where i live because of the two suns. I also have a hard tome grasping your... time zoned areas. Lady rose had a watch set on earth time.. however the lives in kalfonea? Time is apparently different here in Gorgea. I understand if you are upset. I should have informed you we would be back quite late. Again i am sincerely sorry for the worry i caused you two." He looked down at his feet. his hair still gold in the spot where the wound was. "I'll leave by the afternoon tomorrow. By then i should be calm enough. Thank you for allowing me to stay although i have done wrong."

-----

"Good! i'd have to whack him one if he wasn't helping you out. I see he's also paying you for any of his expenses by making his cookies for you to sell. I bet that helps out nicely with the baby too. Is she colicky? Your poor wife looks exhausted. She's not sleeping through the night yet is she?" She said sympathetically picking out something zahar recommended before and that she'd just never gotten to try it yet. "The little doll sure is a little cutiepie. I'll have this. Hadn't had it yet but if it's from your shop, i know it'll be good."

"It's alright Maklar, I understand," Lilly said, dusting off his pillow. "Accidents happen, you lose track of time, bad things happen. It's all a part of life." She noticed golden blood in the spot were his wound used to be. "You're okay, aren't you? Jared said that Liv was sorting things out. I don't know how you shower or whatever, with your weakness to water, but I can give you a change of clothes if you'd like. I couldn't imagine you sleeping in your armor, I'd imagine it would be quite uncomfortable."

~

"Yes, he's more than doing his share," Xanar chuckled. "Yes, she's still colicky, but she's doing better. She slept through half the night without someone holding her last night, so we're getting somewhere," He said. "She is precious, isn't she. Good choice, I like that one." He took the chip from Zahar, completing the transaction before returning it. "Enjoy. I hope to see you soon."

"See you, Xanar," Zahar said, taking Rose's hand as they left. "Now, let's get you back home, I'm sure you're exhausted."

"I can shower, it just can't get cold. It's okay, really. The spare clothes are a little snug, and I have on something under my armor. This is just fine. I don't need a blanket, I get too hot anyway, and I feel bad for keeping you up so late. Go ahead and turn off the lights. I can see just fine in the dark ma'am." He said starting to unstrap his armor setting it in a neat pile.

----

Rose nodded to Xanar and then to Zahar as she headed to the car. On the ride back she was half asleep by the time they stopped in the garage. "Do I have to get up. Seat is comfy..." She yawned.

"Alright then, Maklar," Lilly said, patting him on the shoulder as she turned off the lights. "Let me know if you need anything. Sleep well," She told him, going upstairs to her own bedroom, where her husband was preparing for bed himself. Jared was already asleep, door open to display his relaxed features as he slept spread out on his stomach, one hand hanging off the edge of the bed. Liv was asleep as well, breathing deeply and curled slightly on her side.

~

Zahar rode in silence, noticing that Rose had all but nodded off with a quiet chuckle. "Well, you have to get out of the seat, but I'll carry you," He said, scooping her up easily and making sure that her head was resting comfortably against his chest. He nudged the car door shut, carrying her the short walk to the hangar and opening the hatch to his ship with one hand, using telekinesis rather than the ramp to lift himself with Rose into the cockpit. "You'll be able to sleep in your bed soon, love," He said, setting her down in one of the seats to navigate his ship, closing the hatch before setting coordinates for her home back on Earth. After several minutes they arrived, and he shook Rose's shoulder slightly to rouse her. "We're here. I don't have the key, if you'd like to give it to me I can unlock the door and carry you inside," He said gently.

Mäklär took off his armor quietly and laid down on the couch staring at the ceiling. He had on a white linen shirt that had a V neck cut and no sleeves with a pair of lose white linen pants that hung loosely around his ankles. He didn't think he'd be able to sleep so sitting up and crossing his ankles Indian style he pulled out a amulet with a red stone that looked like tiger's eye, but it was swirling and glowing softly. Taking off the amulet he held his hands with the thumbs and index fingers pressed together and the other fingers curled beneath them, entwined with each other. With deep breaths, he started at the stairs, looking off into space as he mediated, the jewel resting in between his hands as it brightened and dimmed with each breath he took.

------

Rose complained about waking up having fallen asleep. She took out her keys and muttered about a army key before falling asleep again. Out of several keys on the ring, only one was green camo with the army star on it.

Liv's dreams that night were haunted with distorted images of Maklar's sister, though since she hadn't been truly frightened by the memory it had more to do with Maklar's death than harm to herself. She awoke around three in the morning, panting quick breathes while her heart pounded in her chest. "He's okay," She said quietly to herself. "He's okay." She rolled over, staring at the wall of what seemed like a long while before she dropped back off to sleep, breathing steady once more.

~

Zahar looked down at the keys, recognizing the one Rose had said immediacy. Using his telekinesis to keep the keys nearby, he scooped her up and left his ship, unlocking her door with the key and taking her inside, laying her down gently on the bed and placing a blanket over her. Though it was a warm night, he didn't want her to get cold. Zahar kissed her forehead, saying "Goodnight, love," Before heading back to his own planet and face the likely wrath of his father.

((You can do the TS smile.gif))

When Zahar came in to the candy shop two earth weeks before his birthday, Ty handed him a small box. "The doc said i still shouldn't leave, my strength hasn't fully returned and he still wants to run a few tests before i go back. Can you please take this to Rose? It's her birthday today. I've been confined to a bed for so long that i haven't been able to make her a birthday cake. Don't you dare eat it on the way over!" Ty warned. "Yarah and I made it, we're working on yours. Becoming a man is a big deal." He smiled and patted his shoulder. "Oh... and... be gentile with her today.... its a sensitive time for her...." He had a far away look.

Rose curled up on her bed, not wanting to get up to do anything today. Still in her purple camo pajamas

hair a blond mess and eyes red and puffy from crying. In other words, she was a mess and didn't want any visitors today.

---------

As soon as he returned home, Maklar set to work on the ring. He chose a metal that was similar to Methril in its properties of lightness and strength, however this metal glowed slightly in the dark, was extremely difficult to work with, and can change color depending on the temperature it was forged at. When he wasn't with the prince or visiting Liv, he was working on her ring, carefully choosing and cutting each gemstone and gathering the ore of the rare metal he had chosen to use.

When he had returned from Liv's the day after the incident with his sister, he had met up with the prince and what seemed to be a spontaneous act, gave him some money. It was after his hounding the dragun finally told him his six month prediction was correct and he was engaged to Liv, and had given her a promise ring until he had forged her a proper wedding ring.

((Wednesdays. *Sigh* ))

The weeks after the fiasco with his father were relatively uneventful, despite his father's looming threat, and the king was so far unable to find him a suitable bride with only weeks to go before he became a legal adult. He was sore a lot, because of his father's frustration, but it was nothing he wasn't used to. He still went out of his way to avoid his father, visiting Ty quite often and stopping by on Rose's birthday to find out if her jovial father wanted to come visit with him.

"Sure, Ty," Zahar said, taking the cake. "I'm excited for the cake, with you and Yara working together I know it won't disappoint. I'm always gentle," He said slowly, scratching his head. "I guess I'll figure it out." He headed for his ship, storing the cake carefully before leaving. After about fifteen minutes he landed, dropping out of the hatch with the cake bobbing along behind him. He knocked on the door, waiting for a moment before trying the doorknob and knocking again - he didn't want to pick her lock, it'd be rude. "Rose, are you home? It's Zahar. I've got a cake from your dad. And my own gift."

~

Liv's life continued pretty much normally after Mak had left in the morning. Well, once her parents (and brothers, other than Jared) had found out about the ring there was a period of both angry and excited yelling. Liv wasn't completely sure which brother was doing which, until she explained that it wasn't technically an engagement ring and that she wasn't getting married yet - which pacified them, but only slightly. Lilly talked to Liv non-stop about it, and along with Jackson's actually wedding plans the house was in a general state of discord.

As a result Liv spent a good deal of time out wandering the woods with Mal, as she had done before Maklar had come, and had led to the discovery of a pretty, glinting green-blue stone that she knew the dragün would love. She decided to make it into a pendant for him, and with Jason's help - as he was good with those sorts of things - Liv managed to craft him a nice necklace, and was bouncing with excitement at the prospect of giving it to him when she saw Mak next.

Edited by polaristar

Rose opened the door after five minutes, a blanket draped over her shoulders. "Come back tomorrow... I don't feel like company today..." she said looking down so he won't see that she was crying. "I don't like my birthdays. Just.. Come back later... I'll feel better tomorrow.." she said softly before rubbing her eyes and closing the door heading back upstairs to her bedroom to lay on her bed. She assumed from his gentlemanly ways that he wouldn't bother her because she asked not to. However she appeared distraught and definitely looked like she was crying.

-----

Mäklär landed in her back yard and hopped out looking warn and tired. He had forgotten his armor and only had on a blue slightly scorched linen tank top and frayed pants made of a dark leather like material. Barefoot and slightly sweaty from the forge he sighed at the cool clean air here. Compared to the sweltering heat of his own flame, this was nothing to the dry heat he has been immersed in for the passed rasabol week.. He walked up to the back door knocking on the door. He prepared himself to be chewed out by her brothers and father over his straightforward approach to a delicate matter as soon as the door opened. Today her ring was finished and he planed on asking permission for her hand in marriage. The ring was made of Gringa, a rare light dragon scale hard metal that changed color in the heat it is made in. He made it at the highest temperature, giving it a light turquoise color to the metal. Unable to chose what gemstones to place in it, he did eight one carat flawless sapphires, a dozen and a half half carat top of the line diamonds and five or six small blue opals. The center of the ring was a large, perfect sphere of a moon stone. A gem known to earth people, however this stone was native to one of Ryuu's two moons that where introduced by the dragons many many eons ago. The stone it's self was a blue white orb highly prized and extremely valuable to the dragun peoples. Rarely it such a gem is given away and for him to do so represents that she was the most valuable thing in his life.

((His ring for her oh, and it'll be cute if Jack's fiance is there too xd.png))

((Sorry, I've been super busy with schoolwork and life in general. Love your idea though. And that ring is gorgeous wub.gif ))

Zahar blinked slightly in shock at her disheveled appearance - Rose had definitely been crying, and it looked as if she hadn't stepped foot out of her bed all morning. He blinked again as she closed the door on him, saying "Okay..." before standing silently for several moments. She hadn't locked the door, and while she did say she wasn't up for company... there was no way he was letting her stay alone by herself all day. It wasn't that he didn't trust her, he was just worried, worried about what she might do to herself in such a state. Making up his mind, he turned back to his ship, deciding that his armor would hinder him helping Rose, and changed into a snugly fitting tee shirt that faintly outlined his muscle and read "Who's the Boss?" (his father had no idea he had it, and Zahar personally thought it was hilarious). For pants he wore a pair of loose fitting pants that he would occasionally use for training. Returning to her doorstep after shielding his ship from view, he let himself in and locked the door behind him, setting down her gifts on the table and wandering around the house until he found her bedroom - though that wasn't difficult. "Rose," He said, walking into the room and standing by her bed, violet eyes gentle. "I'm not going to leave you alone, you're in no state to be alone," He said, his tone firm yet soft. Zahar lay down beside her, stroking a hand across her face. "At least let me be here for you. We don't have to talk. Just consider me your teddy bear for a day."

~

Lilly was the one to swing open the door, smacking him lightly on the head with the newspaper she was planning on throwing out when he arrived. "That's for giving my daughter a promise ring without telling me!" She said good-naturedly. "Come on in, Mak, you look like you're about to die of heat stroke. Mark and the boys are off at work, and Liv's in talking with Hope - that's Jackson's fiance, you haven't met her yet."

As if on cue, Liv's head popped into vision around the corner of the wall inside. "Hey Mak! You look like you just fought a house fire. Need water or anything?" She asked him, grinning up at him adoringly. "Hope's in the kitchen, I've told her a good bit about you, she's excited to meet you. Just not the..." She lowered her voice. "Other thing, you know. Figured you might want to tell her yourself or something." Her voice returned to its normal pitch. "So what have you been up to? You haven't been around in two weeks, you know. I've been busy, though, since Jackson wants me to organize his wedding for him even though that's definitely not my area," She continued on as the entered the kitchen. "Hope, this is Maklar. Mak, this is Hope, Jackson's fiance."

"Nice to meet you," Said a girl with curly, chestnut brown hair and deep blue eyes. Her skin had a natural, darker tint to it, and she was quite pretty. "It's nice to finally put a face to a name. Jackson talks about you a lot, and so does Liv."

Rose sat up sniffling and hiccuping her Caribbean blue eyes filled with tears. "Ma was cruel... she'd tell me everything was my fault on my birthday when I was little. Every year she'd send a letter from somewhere or call and leave a horrible voice mail. I hate her! ..... but after a while I started to believe her... " She sniffed and crawled on his lap sobbing on her shoulder. "S-she hasn't called yet and I'm afraid to check the mail today... " Her voice was muffled by his shirt. "I need a teddy bear for the day..."

---------

He didn't stop her from hitting him with the paper and stepped inside. "I'm going to ask you today and mother told me to ask her dad as well. A promise ring is different from our wedding token. Proposals are different too...." He said in a horse voice, like he'd been screaming for a week. "Water please, cold... very cold water. Been in the forge from the day I got back home. Really really hot..." He coughed up a white wisp of smoke, nodding to her indication of being from another planet before being dragged into the dinning room. "Good to meet you Hope. Congratulations on your engagement. I imagine her brothers want to kill me. They gave me many warnings in attempts to intimidate me, however.. I am very hard to intimidate. " He sat down and covered his mouth when he yawned so she wouldn't see his blue mouth or six fangs. "So tired... haven't slept in days... wanted it perfect. Hmmmm.... " He hummed as he rested his head on his arm, eyes drifting closed.

Zahar wasn't completely sure how to deal with emotional abuse. He had received his fair share, of course, but his father tended to avoid him if at all possible so what he had received was largely physical. "It's not true, love," He said, rubbing her back soothingly. "If she calls I can answer and deal with it myself. And I'll check your mail, get rid of anything from her so you don't have to see it. Don't cry," He said, kissing her hair. "I'll be your teddy bear for today." Zahar tipped her chin up so that she would look at him. "Don't cry, hmm? Things aren't as bad as they seem. You're not alone now, you have me. And I'm wearing this nice snug shirt instead of armor." He winked playfully at her. "Isn't it great? Now, would you like to go eat the cake your father baked you? It's getting cold. Or if you'd rather, we can stay right here for a while."

~

"Don't talk about it when she's within earshot!" Lilly hissed, swatting at Maklar with the paper again. Liv was distracted talking to Hope, however, and didn't notice. Lilly passed Maklar a cup full of ice water, smiling maternally at him.

"You haven't slept in a few days?" Liv said incredulously. "Come lay done, Mak," She ordered, tugging him to his feet once he finished the water and pulling him into the living room. She sat down on the couch and pulled him down beside her. "I'll find you a pillow. We'll be in the kitchen, we're just working on invitations... sorta, anyways." She kissed him in between his sleepy eyes, going upstairs to grab her extra pillow and passing it to him when she returned. "Sleep well."

Liv vanished back into the kitchen, where Hope gave her an incredulous look. "Where did you manage to find him?!"

"Just luck, I guess," Liv said with a shrug. "You know how that goes."

"At any rate, I'm almost jealous. Almost. I have Jackson, so I can't complain," Hope laughed.

Liv snickered. "You can keep Jack, I'll stick with him," She said, motioning towards the living room. "Hasn't slept in a few days. Honestly, that man."

"O...okay.." she said and rubbed her eyes. "It's a ridiculous shirt... but it's definitely you. It'll be rude not to have his cake.." She got up shuffling to the door and down the stairs. "Come on teddy bear. Maybe we can bake today. That always makes me feel better.."

-----

Mäklär downed the glass of water in under a minute. "Thank you. That feels better... hold on.." He said when she had him sit down and brought him a pillow. "Can I get a shower and some clean clothes please Mrs. Lilly? I think I have ash in my hair." He asked getting up again wandering into the kitchen again. "I've been working for one week strait. I have to say, my creation is quite stunning. It made my twin furious, you should've seen her face, she was steaming in anger yet she couldn't step into the forge without getting serious burns! Ha!"

"Ridiculous?" Zahar feigned offense. "I think it's hilarious, and quite ironic. And I'd agree, it'd be quite rude. You're lucky I didn't eat it on the way, it smelled delicious," He said with a chuckle. "Now my whole ship smells like cake, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I left it on the table, along with my gifts. I think you'll like them. But cake first," He said. "Do I need to sing you the song? I know that's something humans do but my people don't make that a habit... I still know it though, if you want me to. We do blow out candles. Well, common people do. I don't, since I'm the prince and my father considers it to be 'improper'." He rolled his eyes.

~

"Of course you can, Maklar!" Lilly said, herding him up the stairs. "Here are the towels and washcloths, and I'll go get you some clothes." She quickly found some big enough for him and handed them over. "Take your time, and then get some rest. Once you get a chance I want to see that ring, you hear?" She ordered, smiling and returning back downstairs to where Liv was talking with Hope.

Rose shook her head. "My family never did that. And only the little ones get candles until they are responsible with a knife." She got a knife and opened the box with the cake. She carefully sliced it in half, then in quarters, then eighths and sixteenths before stopping, carefully, she picked up a half cut slice and plucked out a coin wrapped in gold foil that was inserted into the chocolate cake. Holding it in her hand for a moment, she unwrapped it and ate the chocolate coin and let it melt in her mouth before she spoke. "Its called, lucky coin. On birthdays, the birthday person cuts the cake until they find it, you wish on it then eat it so you'd have good luck for the rest of the year. It's something my great great grandmother came up with when she accidentally dropped a coin in cake batter... it stuck ever since."

---

"Will do Mrs. Lilly." He said taking the clothes with a nod of thanks and got in the shower. He came out a few minutes later and went down, kissing Liv's temple. Wake me in two hours 'k?" He asked and went to find Lilly. Once he found her her the same thing just in case Liv was busy at the time then showed her the ring. "I forged it myself, the diamonds, sapphires, blue opals, and the moon stone are all from my gem stash. You think she'd like it?" he yawned and rubbed his eyes sleepily. " I also would like your permission to marry her. I will ask your husband as well and her brothers... Although they may try to hurt me for giving her the promise ring in the first place anyway." He scratched his neck. "Don't worry though, they can try as hard as they would like, i highly doubt they'd get a mark on me. I will knock them aside as gently as I can. They'd probibly walk away with only a few bruises."

Zahar watched interestedly as Rose cut the cake, curious as to what she was doing. "I've never heard of such a tradition," He said. "I like it though, it's unique." He went to find two plates and forks for them to eat with. "Birthdays on my planet aren't necessarily a huge deal, but people do enjoy getting together for parties like on Earth. I never had parties though - except for the party that was thrown in my honor a week after my birth. Since I'm the prince, birthday parties would need to be elaborate and huge, and honestly, it's not worth the trouble. I get a party for my coming-of-age, however, and Yara always baked me a cake, so I didn't miss out, so to speak," He said with a chuckle, finding the utensil drawer and pulling out two forks. "Where are your plates? Bowls would work too, if you want ice cream. Do you have ice cream?"

~

"Will do," Liv said, squeezing Maklar's arm as he pulled away.

Hope grinned at her as Maklar left the room. "You sure got lucky with that one."

"And you didn't get lucky with Jack?" Liv asked, grinning cheekily. "I think we both scored."

"I think you're right," The older girl laughed.

"It's beautiful, Maklar, I know Liv will love it," Lilly said, examining the ring with awe. "It's absolutely exquisite, I've never seen anything like it. You said you made it yourself?" She questioned, before laughing. "Don't worry, Maklar, they won't attack you. Just let me know when you plan on asking permission and I'll talk to Mark and the boys beforehand. No violence necessary. Now, go sleep, you look like you're about to fall asleep where you stand!"

"The bowls are over there, I have chocolate chip cookies dough and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Oh, and cookie ice cream sandwiches too. " she pulled out the ice cream tubs and got down the bowls. Would you like to watch a movie? There's a few I go to at times like this...." she said dishing out her ice cream and putting it on the cake. "We'd have to change that. I'll have to make you something and have candles on it so you can blow them out. Hopefully I'm able to come on your birthday. I have a dress I've made and been wanting to wear to a party... I.... originally made it for my sweet sixteenth birthday, but dad had a important meeting to go to and nobody came to my party from my school.." She said looking down and sniffed like she was going to start crying again. She turned and hugged him tightly. "I'm glad you came to this one."

--!-------

"Today. I want to purpose today on the day of completion. I'd speak to them when they return... Traditionally dragün make their wedding band it is entirely original...." He muttered and nodded padding to the living room. "Mal.. scooch boy. " He picked up the dog like he weighed nothing and laid down on the couch with the dog on top of him. Within seconds he was purring and was deeply asleep snuggling with the dog and his face in the pillow, breathing in her scent.

"Oh, okay," Zahar said, going to help her take the things to the counter. He got his own cake slice and ice cream, licking his lips as he put the spoon in the bowl. "A movie sounds wonderful. You choose, I've never seen anything past old earth movies so I won't know what's good and what isn't," He told her. "I fully plan on ensuring that you can come. It's my birthday party. Plus, it's actually held after my birthday, so I'll be able to give legal permission as prince. Most of my duties are still limited, since I'm not a legal adult, but once I turn 21 I'll have close to all the powers of the king." He wrapped his arms around Rose and kissed her hair. "Aw, it's alright. Of course I came. I'll always come. Now, what movie did you have in mind, hmm?"

~

"Alright," Lilly said. "How about you stay for dinner? It'll just be us four - plus Jackson and Hope - and you can ask after dinner. I'll talk to Mark and Jackson before hand just so that have a heads up." She patted his shoulder maternally. "Now get some sleep before you fall over."

2 Hours Later

"Liv, it's been two hours now," Lilly gently reminded her daughter after two hours and ten minutes had passed. Malachi wandered into the kitchen and flopped down on the floor, panting, not twenty minutes after Maklar had fallen asleep on the couch. Liv figured the dog had gotten too hot after Maklar had likely put the dog on top of him and came to cool off.

"Oh, right," Liv said, putting down her pen and walking into the living room. Maklar was draped across the couch, looking completely relaxed. His face was calmer than she had ever seen it, peaceful in sleep, and she almost didn't want to wake him up since he looked so tired. However, she decided to do what he wanted and wake him. Brushing a strand of hair away from his face, Liv crawled on top of him so she was laying on him and kissed his nose. "Mak, wake up," She said softly.

"My go to movie for everything. Now usually books turned into movies, they drop or change a lot of stuff. And because you read Lord of the rings and enjoyed it, we are waiting the fellowship of the ring. " She put in the disk and closed the curtains making it dark in the living room. "This movie however impressed those who have read the books and enjoyed them. They do leave out small bits, however overall, the entire trilogy thrilled the lovers of Tolkien." She sat beside him, cuddling up against him closely and hitting play. "I want to be there on your birthday. On the day you turn twenty one. It's a big deal for humans.. Although in the states is because one hits the age where they can consume alcohol legally and celebrate it by getting smash faced drunk with a hangover the next day." She rolled her eyes obviously not impressed with this tradition taking advantage of him being distracted by the screen to steal a bite from his bowl.

-----------

"Sarrrratka" He smiled sleepily and wrapped his arms around her with a purr. The word sounded feminine, and probably ment something in his language. "Must I wake now? Saratka stay..... let me hold you if I must wake. Hmmmm.... such a wonderful dream Ka-rin telo va Saratka. " he muttered and blinked open his eyes and yawned, Liv getting a full view of his thirty eight teeth, cobalt blue gums and light blue tongue. He smiled at her and kissed her softly. "And a wonderful way to wake up too." He sat up and got up, still holding her as he went to the kitchen and sat down with her on his lap. "I've missed you greatly. It's been too long, and my holo com will not work in the forge. My fire was too much interference. Please..don't let me be in your way. You have a wedding to help plan. I'm content in sitting here and holding you like this my star eyed beauty.." He said resting his chin on her shoulder. "Maybe I can help? Or maybe not.... forming English letters are difficult. I'm used to writing in runes. Hard to spell my name in English. It doesn't exactly work. And my last name is even worse." He looked at Hope. "Considering you'll be apart of this family soon I might as well say it now with no sugar coating. I am by your definition, a alien. I am not from this world and met Liv in the woods when I came here to cool down after being forced in my ship and sent to earth by my mother. I am a Dragün. A Dragon like species. Any questions?" He said amused and curious to see hope's reaction to such blunt news. He then proceeded to burrow his nose in Liv's neck with a loud purr.

"Hmmmm been spending time in the pines? And I never did tell you why I purr did I? It is a sign of objectivity, like a cat rubbing against one's leg. In a way it's both a sign of affection, weakness and strength. It's hard to explain in plain words, really..."

"I am excited to watch it, then," Zahar said with a smile, wrapping an arm around Rose's shoulders and pulling her into his chest. "I don't think I'm doing much on my birthday, honestly. I'll probably have Yara bake a cake, just have a mini-party before the big blowout," He said with a chuckle. "On my planet alchohol is legal at the age of twenty, though I can't say I've 'been there done that' to being smash-drunk the day of my twentieth birthday. As a prince, I do have standards to uphold." He pouted at Rose when she stole a bite. "Ey, stop stealing my dessert, you have your own!" His bowl was floating a little above his lap, though he didn't seem to be putting any concentration into keeping it levitated as he watched and ate. "I don't know how you and your dad are such good bakers, but I'm not complaining at all!" He said with a chuckle.

~

Liv wondered what the word Maklar was purring out as he slowly woke from his nap meant, but decided to ask him later, returning his gentle kiss but wriggling in his arms and scowling comically when he wouldn't release her. "I can walk, you know!" She exclaimed, her face turning about as red as Maklar's skin tone at his compliments. Lilly looked bemused at the two of them, going to get Hope a glass of water as Maklar explained in all bluntness what he really was. "Mak!" Liv groaned, facepalming. "You can't just... ugh. I was going to break it to her gently."

"It explains a lot actually," Hope said faintly, looking a bit shell-shocked and taking the water that Lilly offered gratefully. "It explains why Jackson never really answered where you were from or anything like that. It's just hard to process that the scientists are right."

"Trust me, the way we met him was probably worse," Lilly said, giving Liv a pointed yet amused look. Liv grinned somewhat sheepishly as Lilly elaborated on the story of the storm and how Maklar ended up staying at there house for a week.

Liv twitched an eyebrow at Maklar's question. "Where else would I be? New York City, the concrete jungle?" She joked. "Yeah, I've been in the forest."

"PDA!" Jackson shouted as he walked through the door, beelining straight to Hope to kiss her cheek and lean on the back of her chair. Liv jumped and rolled her eyes at her eldest sibling, who was staring at his fiancee with slight concern. "You look like you've just seen a ghost - oh, just found out, didja? Liv, I said to break it to her gently!"

"I didn't even get a chance to start, don't blame me," Liv said with a snort, nodding her head towards Mak. "His fault."

"Dude..." Jackson simply sighed. "Not cool. What are you doing without your armor, anyways? I've never really seen you without it."

"He was in the forges," Liv supplied helpfully. Jackson hummed in acknowledgement and grabbed a soda from the fridge. "You two are staying for dinner, right?"

"Course we are," Jackson said. "Is Mak staying?"

"I dunno," Liv said. "Are you going to stay for dinner, Mak?"

Edited by polaristar