Polar

Extraterrestrial

Mäklär was looking at her the whole time instead of at the view. "Yeah.. we can hike it any time you want to. Man you have lovely eyes. Did I tell you silver is my favorite color? I don't think I did. I did now. You have no idea how much I'm in love with you right now, I'd do anything for you..." He says softly. He held her tight. "Stay with me. Forever. My heart is only yours and I'd give it to nobody else but you. My kind loves for eternity, till the day we die and beyond. You're right. Nothing bad will happen to you with me around..." He ran his fingers through her hair.

---

"Don't the Dragun have a leader? Who is their king?" She asked. Nodding to his reply. "Later yes. My home would probably be best. We can talk while baking those brownies again. You've gotten better at mixing and that's a start. I also found it hard to be glum during tender subjects when surrounded by sweets. Are you certain the people won't mind? I've only met a few and I barely know your customs... this dance however is quite lovely! I'd have to practice it."

"No, you never told me that," Liv said, glancing up at him. She flushed when she caught his intent gaze and her eyes flicked down for a moment before she glanced back up, smiling as her cheeks tinged pink. "Love you too, Mak," She hummed, giving him a quick kiss and leaning into his embrace. "Of course I'll stay with you," She hummed, running her hand lightly through the hair by the nape of his neck. "For as long as I'm able..." She shifted. "Humans only live to be around 81 years old, 90 if we're lucky," Liv told him, though he probably already knew that. Maklar would stay young as she grew old and died in less than a century, leaving him behind until he too died and joined her in whatever laid after death.

~

"Technically speaking, the dragun king is Maklar's father - he's royalty too, actually. However, the dragun are largely a female race, unlike my kind, and are ruled by a matriarchy, making the true head Lady Solest, Maklar's mother," Zahar explained, spinning her around. His stomach clenched about the thought of discussing his secret with anyone, though he felt that Rose, of all people, would understand. Maklar couldn't, as his parents didn't hate him, but at least the burly dragun tried. "You are right around one thing. I am growing better at the mixing," He said with a slight smile. "No, no, they won't mind. Interracial marriages aren't completely uncommon for us anymore. Still frowned upon by most people, but considering our lack of women, it's becoming more and more common," He said, before chuckling and spinning her around once more. "I'd be more than happy to practice with you. And you have no reason to worry about learning our customs - after all, you have your own private tutor," He breathed, dipping her and resting his forehead against her own, a smirk playing mischievously on his lips.

"There's a ritual, where those not of my kind can partake in. At the wedding in the temple of the fire stone, you drink from a chalice. I won't tell you what's in it, but once ingested you can live as long as I do. You'll stay young too, ageing once every hundred years." He pulled out a ring, purring loudly as he showed it to her. "It is still too soon for your family, but it is customary for my kind to wed quickly. However I am willing to wait until you have finished schooling, but I want you to wear this. It's a piece of a fire stone, it's common on Ryuü, but as valuable as a diamond. Your planet has it too, but its rare. Consider this my promise ring. I will craft you one before we marry." He said kissing her forehead.

-----

"Hmmm... I bet you'll be a great teacher.." she smiled and kissed him on the lips slowing their dance down to a stop and running her fingers through his hair. "Shall we see the garden my Prince?"

Liv smiled, though the knowledge that she would outlive her brothers, and even her brothers' descendants, troubled her. Made her feel guilty somehow, as if she should be growing old with them at her side, like always. "That's good," She said, and relief tinged her voice. She was torn between family and the one she loved, though she shoved the feelings away to mull over later, when she was alone. Instead, Liv focused on Maklar's words, eyes widening when he showed her a beautiful ring, shimmering with different hues of crimson and violet, and it flashed brilliantly when it hit a ray of sunlight. "It's beautiful," She breathed, allowing Mak to slip it on to her finger. "My mom is gonna freak out. She's gonna think I've gotten engaged," Liv told him, chuckling. "Thank you."

~

"Oh, I am a great teacher," Zahar assured Rose, kissing her deeply before pouting and giving a begrudging sigh. "Oh, very well," He agreed, straightening and offering her his arm. "To the gardens it is." He led her through a few more winding hallways, which slowly changed from closed paths lit by torches of dragun flame to ones that were open, letting sunlight in to scatter against the floor and half walls. There was no true door outside, just walls that quickly gave way to neat paths. Two guards stood by the ending of the wall, swords hanging by their hips and guns in hand. "A wall surrounds the garden. That's why there's no door," Zahar explained. The garden was a mixture of different plants, some plots overgrown with brilliant flowers hanging off twining vines, others neat and holding bushes of greenery or trees with fruits of different shapes and colors. Zahar grabbed one of the fruits and handed it to her after polishing it on his sleeve. "Try it. It's sweet. Similar to mangos on your planet, I believe." The fruit in question looked slightly like a plum, with varying shades of purple and a soft, fuzzy skin like a peach. He grabbed one for himself, not bothering to clean it off before he took a bite.

"Um... in a way you are. This isn't the real ring though. I'll forge that one of my own flame, scales and gems I collect. My mom also informed me that I have to ask your father for marriage instead of your mother. I know it's too soon to ask now, but as I said I can wait until you're out of high school. After marriage, you can go back to be a.. vetearrairan.....or whatever it is. I know it'll be hard, outliving your family but we'll visit them as often as we can. I know your family is close to you. " He said kissing her. "Now can we go to meet my brothers?"

-------

She giggled and walked with him. "My my, you got some arm muscles.." she patted his arm laughed. Once in the garden her eyes widened at all the flowers and plants. Her Caribbean blue eyes where wide as she took the fruit. After a moment's hesitation, she bit into it leaning forward as the juices squirted everywhere. She swallowed her mouthful. "Oh my! This is delicious! I'd like to experiment with it. Yara would have some lovely recipes with this I can try." She took another bite.

"Yeah, well..." Liv trailed, shrugging. "I'll tell her it's a promise ring, but yeah... she'll still freak out. Not sure if it'll be a good freak-out or a bad freak-out. I'm crossing my fingers for the former," She chuckled, flexing her fingers. She was unused to the added weight of the ring - she wasn't really one for jewelry, really. "Yeah, on Earth the fathers are usually asked for permission instead of the mothers. Though you can ask both at the same time, if you want to. I'm already graduated, did I forget to tell you? I might have. I'm taking a year off before college to become a veterinarian." Liv chuckled as Maklar all but butchered the word. "It still baffles me that you don't have those here. Well, I'll be the first. It takes about eight years, though I suppose time won't be quite as pressing then..." She trailed off, thoughtful for a moment. "It'll be okay. It'll just take me a while to get used to the idea," Liv sighed slightly - not in frustration, just the sort of sigh some-one with too much on their mind will often do - and leaned into his kiss before pulling back and nodding. "Alright, yeah. Let's go deal with them, I suppose." She grinned, glancing down at the slanted sides of the slick pyramid. "Danger is my middle name, after all. D'ya think I can slide down the side without getting too injured?" She grinned before nudging him lightly. "Before you freak out, you can relax. I'm kidding. Even I'm not that reckless."

~

"Well, muscle is what one tends to get after extensive training," Zahar drawled, chuckling. "But thank you." He laughed as Rose got juice all over her face. "They're very juicy, it took me years before I could eat one without making a complete mess. It's an art, you know," He said with a slight shrug and a grin, taking another bite of his own fruit. "I'm sure Yara has a few recipes, we can stop by later and ask her, if you would like. I'll have to be your supplier for a while, but the fruit are plentiful almost all times of the year so it's no trouble," He informed her. "They have a pit in the middle, like a peach, so watch out for that. Better than spitting out seeds, at the very least."

He looked startled. "No you didn't tell me that. Well, whenever you're ready then. I don't mind waiting. There's still so much I don't know about you...." at her comment of sliding down he did look like he was going to freak. "No, no need. I'll carry you." He wrapped his arms around her and sprouted wings and a tail taking off holding her tightly. "You know it doesn't have to be a ring either. It can be a bracelet, a hair pin, or a necklace. Something that's easily seen. Rings are more common. My sister in law has a arm band made from my brother's scales." He landed in his house courtyard where two men stood, both with different colored hair. One looked like the ocean, and the other had grey black hair with a streak of white like lighting.

"Is this the same thing you carried on your back earlier Blaze?" the grey haired one snarled.

Mäklär snarled and strode up to his brother pushing him back. "What if she is Storm? She's my mate, you touch her I'll rip your wings off!" He snarled back. Storm's hands crackles with lightning as Maklar's burst into flame. Both boy's eyes glowed.

"Mate or not, you shouldn't be carrying that pathetic human around like that. You show shame on our family..." "Oh really? And you the second eldest son who hasn't been shameful? The queens children always had a strong connection with their soul halfs however you wounded yours. A high offence punishable by banishment from Ryuu-ku. What kind of Dragun does that to a woman? You know our laws brother, and so do I. But at least I follow them to the letter unlike the both of you!" The brother with the ocean colored hair snarled at him too.

-----

"Certainly an art.. show off." She bit into it again and spat the pit out at him giggling. "If you ever had cherries, they are the best. Spitting out seeds is half the fun of eating them! Oh that reminds me, you should try some Rainer cherry and Bing cherry jam. Man it's good! A friend of mine in Seattle makes the best for me whenever I go to a con up there."

"There's a lot I don't know about you, either," Liv said thoughtfully, before giving him a mischievous look. "You know, we should do some sort of activity together. Like hiking." She knew Maklar had already said he would take her, but it was fun to tease him a little bit. "Rings are customary on our planet too, I don't mind," She informed him. "I'm just not used to the added weight yet." Liv stood slightly behind Maklar once he put her down upon landing, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "Rude," She huffed quietly, fully aware that they probably heard her but not completely concerned. Her eyebrows twitched upwards as Maklar fought with his brother. So far, she liked the blue-haired one. At least he hadn't insulted her - yet. Boys, she thought with another roll of her eyes. Their mother could probably sort them out, but she had no idea where Lady Solest was and didn't want to be wandering the halls of a dragun home without another dragun - not to mention the fact that one of the two brothers currently present was sure to halt her before she got very far.

Instead, she did what any logical human being would do in the face of two draguns (one of whom was very pissed off) - smirked and waved. "Hi, I'm Liv! Nice to meet you, even if you did just call me pathetic... and a thing..." She gave an unimpressed look, one mastered after years of being the brunt of all jokes by three older brothers, but refrained from saying 'you really should work on your introductory skills' because that would probably just make them angrier. She may be sarcastic, but Liv certainly did not have a death wish.

~

"Ew, gross!" Zahar yelped, jerking away as the pit passed him. "I think I've had cherries before, they weren't bad. I do like jelly though, mmm... it's good on bagels," He mused quietly before snapping out of his thoughts of food. I can stop you by Seattle if you want to pick some up. I don't mind." He lifted a hand to a nobleman that was walking through the paths, and the man smiled back, approaching in order to speak to them.

"Good afternoon, Prince Zahar, how has your day been?" The nobleman asked upon reaching the duo.

"Good, thank you!" Zahar said with a warm smile. "Nobleman Seran, this is Lady Rose. Nobleman Seran is a part of the royal court. I have known him since I was a babe."

Indeed, Nobleman Seran looked quite a bit older than Zahar, with wrinkles around his mouth and eyes that crinkled in a friendly way when he smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Rose! Remind me to tell you some stories about the Prince as a child. He was quite the little troublemaker!"

Zahar huffed and rolled his eyes. "I was not a troublemaker!"

"Not the whole time, at least," Seran chortled. "Are you enjoying the gardens, Lady Rose? It looks like Prince Zahar has already had you indulge in his favorite fruit."

"First thing we did," Zahar said. "Has it been busy today?"

"Not for me, but your father has been tied up with meetings all day," The nobleman said. "I do not envy him."

"Nor do I," Zahar chuckled.

Edited by polaristar

"Boys!" Came a woman's voice and both stopped their growling. Solest came breezing out of the house and wrapped Liv up in a hug. Maklar's little sister bounced along behind her in her tiny colorful Dragon shape. "Storm, and typhoon, meet your future sister in law. Your younger brother is quite infatuated with her and very productive. She is a lovely head strong woman and you should know better than to treat her in such a way. Dark let's his wife and child ride on his back.. and I allow your father to fly with me. It is a natural thing to do." She says narrowing her eyes at her two eldest.

Mäklär moved to stand behind Liv. It was hard to tell if he was still growling at his brothers or purring from being near her.

----

"Oh I'd love to hear stories about his childhood! So you where a bit of a rebel hmm?" She nudged Zahar playfully. She then curtsied. "Its a pleasure to meet you sir. However, just call me rose. I'm not born into any earthly nobility, nor are my jobs very lady like. I find the title flattering, but it doesn't suit me very much."

((Happy New Year! Hope you're feeling better after getting a bit of rest smile.gif What is Maklar's youngest sister's name, btw?))

Liv relaxed slightly as Lady Solest appeared, Maklar's younger sister bouncing along behind in her colorful dragon form. "Lady Solest!" Liv said in delight, hugging the older woman with a grin. "It's so good to see you! And you too, sweetheart!" She crouched down to greet Maklar's younger sister, rubbing a thumb over the scales on her head before straightening. She only looked the slightest bit uncomfortable at the attention she was getting - both Storm and Typhoon's gazes had settled on her, though they seemed to be significantly less hostile than before. "It's alright, Lady Solest, no harm done." She tossed the two a friendly smile. "They were just doing what they thought was right, no shame in that. Besides, with three brothers not a lot fazes me anymore."

Liv realized that Storm, the brother with blue hair, must have been the massive blue and black wyvern, while Typhoon was obviously the dragon who bore a suspicious resemblance to a shark with wings. "Nice to meet you both - really." She wasn't able to tell if Maklar was purring or growling behind her, considering it was a low noise and they both sounded similar, so she reached a calming hand back for him to grab anyways. His brothers were intimidating, certainly, but they didn't seem to act too different from the way her brothers would act if she were to bring home a boy (assuming that the whole incident involving her meeting Maklar had never happened) and that made them significantly less scary.

~

"I was not a rebel," Zahar said with a roll of his eyes. "I got into trouble like any other boy would. I don't think I would dub it a rebellious stage, Nobleman Seran."

"Well, whatever you'd like to call it, your father put a stop to it very quickly. Rules with an iron fist, that one. I'd love to know his secrets, considering all the trouble my sons put me through," Soren chuckled, and Zahar shifted slightly. The nobleman had no idea what went on behind closed doors, but he had hit startlingly close to home.

"Let's save the stories for later though, eh?" Zahar asked, looking amused.

"That works just fine, I have places to go anyways. However, Lady Rose, I must disagree. All women are given that title here, nobility or no. Women are highly treasured here, and all are treated with respect. I was blessed with one myself, and I can personally testify that they are given more attention than the men, and more protection too." He chuckled, nudging the young prince lightly. "Prince Zahar could have had the pick of the women, if he liked, but he chose a young human. No disrespect meant, of course, it doesn't bother me any, though I'm sure there will be those that will be... surprised by his choice."

"I doubt they'd be brave enough to speak against it, however," Zahar interjected. "Other than Sir Galhan, I suppose he was hoping that I would choose to wed his daughter."

"Yes, that does sound like something Galhan would do," Nobleman Seran said with a chuckle. "Always looking to climb further up the ladder, that one. Anyways, I must go, I have a meeting to attend. It was nice to meet you Lady Rose." He bowed towards Zahar. "Prince Zahar."

Zahar inclined his head. "Nobleman. Take care."

"You too," Seran said before slipping away.

"Seran was one of the warriors that taught me how to fight," Zahar explained to Rose once the Nobleman was out of earshot. He led her deeper into the garden, where things seemed to get more wild. Sunlight still pierced through though, blazing hot as usual. "I'm quite fond of him, actually, as he has always been kind to me. What do you think of him?"

Edited by polaristar

((Forgot. Have to go look. One of those things to put in the second post to remember things. Storm is the wyveren activly, the shark with wings was typhoon.)

His little sister shifted back and hugged her legs. "Hi! You're pretty!" She giggled. The two brothers introduced themselves formally, their names so long and hard to pronounce that it was easy why they where called storm and typhoon.

Mäklär took her hand and lead her inside the house showing her around the massive place.

----

"He's quite nice. I like him. " She said finishing her fruit. "This garden is massive and beautiful! So many unique flowers! Do you know what ones where your mother's favorite?"

((My bad. Should be fixed now. Which one is the second oldest? I'm not completely sure and want to put it in the first post so that we have it.))

"Aw, thanks!" Liv said, ruffling the small girl's hair. She blinked as Typhoon and Storm introduced themselves, quite stiff and formally, though she supposed they would loosen up over time. "Yeah..." Liv said once they were out of earshot. "I'm just gonna call your brothers by their nicknames. There's no way I'm going to be able to pronounce their actual names. Your nickname is Blaze, right?" She asked him, looking around in wonder as Maklar pointed out various things and led her through the cavernous hallways, most of which were open and allowed sunlight to stream in. "Two suns means twice the heat," Liv remarked as the warmth of the suns soaked through her clothes. "Can I see your room?"

~

"That's good," Zahar said. "It is very wild, that's why I like it. It's unlike what most people would expect in a royal garden, but I think it makes it feel more natural." He held up the lightly flowing branches of a tall tree, which was filled with sweet-smelling pink flowers, and allowed her to go through. Underneath the canopy of branches, it was cool and shielded from the shade. "This is one of my favorite places. It's shielded from the sun, for the most part, which means it's nice and cool. A good place to practice new sparring moves - alone, of course - or read. It's where I read most of the books I lent you." He leaned against the bough of the tree, violet eyes soft as he looked at Rose. "No, honestly... I have no idea. My father does not like to talk about my mother, it puts him in a mood... and she very much kept to herself, they were only married a year when I was born, so the palace staff didn't know much about her." He shrugged. "She did love this tree, like I do. It's the reason I started coming to it to begin with, as it makes me feel closer to her."

"Um... not a wise idea. Not that it's messy but, I'm not a ordinary human boy. It's different for me when I'm in your room. It's your territory, and by nature, I'm submissive. However my room is my territory... and with you in it voluntarily.... I might not be so.... submissive. Definitely not easy to explain but it isn't wise. My sister can show you my room later if still like to see it. "

____

"Only a year.. wow. Books you lent me or the ones I let you borrow? It is quite nice here. It's good to be out of the sun." She pulled out her cookie and split it in half handing him one half and munching on hers. "One of these I have to get you to try pokey."

"Alright," Liv agreed. "I understand - I think." And she did, mostly. Among animals, which seemed to be the best comparison at the moment - males were much more dominant. So she didn't press it. Instead, she decided to ask a different question. "Not really similar, but that does remind me - why do you purr? You never told me. I mean, if you're still not comfortable it's okay. I'm just curious." She paused. "Oh, and when can I meet your sister? I'd like to meet her, even if you two are complete opposites."

~

"It surprised everyone. I don't think anyone expected them to have a child so early," Zahar pursed his lips. "Honestly, I don't think they expected to have a child so early. It doesn't matter, though." He took the offered cookie half. "Thank you. Yes, I meant the books that you allowed me to borrow. That's my bad." He took an eager bite. "Mm... delicious as usual, Rose." He was silent for several moments as he ate the cookie. "Where would you like to go after this? I have no idea if Yara is back yet, but she should be, if you would like to visit her for some recipes we can do so."

"My twin? I wouldn't leave you alone with her. I hide everything I care about or makes me happy because my black hearted twin destroys it when she can. Women are spoiled.. she will face punishment if she harmed you, however it be minor. Remember it isn't common for two live dragüns to hatch from one egg. Usually they kill the weaker sibling. My two eldest sisters however are a lot like my mom. You'd like them."

-----

"It's okay. We don't have to now, we can do it next time I'm here. However I'd like to see my dad one more time and take a peek at the baby before you take me back. It's probably getting late at home, given one sun is setting already. " she looks and the sky.

"Oh, right," Liv said. "You told me that. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around, though. Does she hate everyone, or just you?" She asked, furrowing her brow. She couldn't understand how someone could hate another person - and a twin, at that - so much, though she supposed it was due to the fact that they were a different species. "Yeah, your mom is great. When can I meet your older sisters, then?"

~

"If you're sure," Zahar agreed. "We can stop by again, sure." He peered out, squinting up at the still-bright sky. "Oh, it is getting late! I hadn't even noticed," He said, hopping lightly to his feet and offering Rose a helping hand up. "It's probably close to eleven back at your house, I shouldn't have kept you out so late," He apologized. "I should probably let Maklar know, but I'm sure he's probably aware. Shall we go?"

"Next time. It's late on earth. If I don't get you back in a timely manner, your father and brothers would attempt and fail horribly at killing me. " He says taking her back to the hanger freezing midstep. "Xeanta..." He growls as a girl the same age as him stepped out of the shadows of his ship.

"Brother, you with that human wench? So weak.. and easy to break they are..." His twin said. Although they were twins, they looked nothing alike. Her skin was a pale pink, with deep maroon marks on her body, hair black on one side, snowy white on the other. Even her eyes were two colored, one gold like her brother's the other a poison green.

---

She got up brushing the crumbs off her dress and nodded. "Yeah, let's go shall we my Prince?" She grinned helping him u and hooking her arm in his, holding his hand as well. "Lets go... I'm getting sleepy. You might have to carry me inside from the ship. I think I'll be asleep by then. "

"Aw," Liv said, sounding disappointed. Maklar froze, and Liv nearly ran into him, giving him a questioning glance as he growled a name. A girl - Liv figured it was probably his twin, even though they looked nothing alike - stepped out of the shadows. She clenched her jaw, narrowing her eyes at Maklar's twin but choosing not to respond to the barbed comment - Liv wasn't that stupid. She also knew not to show any fear - and around draguns, not to feel it either - because they could sense it. Liv stared down Xeanta, refusing to look away. "You must be Maklar's twin sister."

~

"I'll gladly carry you, my princess," Zahar chuckled, leading Rose to the garage, where he opened the door to a fancy car for her. The click of shoes against the garage floor attracted his attention as they boarded his ship, and he paused. "You can get inside," He said.

"Zahar," Came the sharp voice that responded to his father.

Zahar's face warred with several emotions all at once, and after a long, pregnant pause, he turned around. "Yes Father?"

"Where are you headed?"

"Just wanted to stop by Xanar's before I took Lady Rose home. She wanted a few treats for the road." before adding with a sharper tone, "You knew she was coming, Father. You authorized it."

"I'd watch your tone if I were you," The king said, meeting his son in the middle of the garage. "You may be the prince, but don't forget who is the king."

"Yes Father. Was there something you wanted to tell me?" Zahar said after a moment.

"Just that you have a courtship ball tomorrow," The king said with a cold smile.

Zahar's eyes narrowed down to slits. "Excuse me? You can do many things, Father, but hosting a courtship ball when I have an intended is not one of them."

"What, the human girl?" His father scorned. "You're not going to marry a human girl and taint our pure bloodline, Zahar. I will make sure of that."

There had been many times where Zahar had caved to his fathers wishes, but this was not one of them. "No. I obey you, Father, but not in this. You cannot force me into marriage."

"Arranged marriage isn't illegal. I should know - I make the laws. In fact, I should do that for you. There are several good prospects. Forget the courtship ball, I'll line up for you a marriage."

Zahar lowered his voice, so that only his father could hear him. "Not if I get married first." For the first time in his life, Zahar turned his back on his father, completely ignoring the man as he strode back to the car, swinging into the driver's seat and pulling out. He looked angry, his jaw clenched. "I have never hated my father more in my life," He said, taking a few deep breaths and staring out at the road. "He's always been difficult to deal with."

"Oh? You told her about me? How..... quaint." She sneered.

"What do you want?" He snarled. At her stepping in front of Liv.

"To let her know she's unwelcome and unwanted in this family. The queen's line has been pure dragün, mum and dad, you are only soiling it even more and weakening it by choosing her. The king agrees. Mum holds no power here. She is mearly a diplomatic relation. You have to obey the king or else you'll lose your head. I'll let you think on that..." She started to walk away.

"He can't force me to not marry her, besides, who will guard his son? He can't live forever like we can. " He snarled snorting out smoke. "I'd like to see the king try to bend me to his will. You know if he touches me mother will return to dragün and declare war. I ought to burn you just for saying that.." He snarled, a flick of her fingers and a blast of wind hit both of them. He grabbed Liv and landed on his back with her on top of him to keep her from getting hurt as he slid into a car, setting off the alarm on it. "I'm okay. Let her leave. I'm okay.." He muttered holding her tight.

-----

Rose was quite for a moment. "What if I crashed the ball? I have a dress I've been dieing to use... I can wear that. I'm sorry... I'm getting you in trouble by seeing me. It hasn't been very long but I already love you so much! He can't be king forever. He's so cruel to you, it's a mirror image of my mother. I can get smuggled back in your ship. It impossible to do anything to you when in a crowd. I'm sure he doesn't want personal matters made public. ..." She started crying. "I don't want him to hurt you because of you being with me, I can tell he already dose. I don't want you to have any more pain!"

Liv looked slightly offended at Xeanta's words, if not for her own sake then for the fact that Xeanta had insulted Maklar. She still bit her tongue, however sharp of a retort she may have, as to not make the already tense situation even worse. Almost without warning - though Liv had saw the twirling motion his sister had made with her fingers - Maklar pulled Liv into a protective embrace moments before they were both knocked back. Xeanta had disappeared - probably to whatever pit of hell she had sprang from, in Liv's opinion. "You alright?" She asked Maklar in concern, despite the assurances he seemed to be muttering to himself. "So what are her powers? Wind? Being pure evil?" She added under her breath. "So do all of your siblings dislike me, or have I just been so unlucky as to only meet the ones that don't like me?"

~

"No need, however amazing that would be," Zahar said. "He cancelled the ball. He seems to think arranging a marriage is an excellent idea," He said with a snort, before frowning and taking her hand. "He doesn't hurt me because of you. He blames me for the death of my mother. Besides, I always have dragün breath, which will heal virtually anything, so there are no real lasting effects, besides scarring if the wounds are deep enough. It's not your fault," He shrugged helplessly. "It's always been this way. Please don't blame yourself. In less than a year - two months now, actually - I'll be a legal adult, and he won't be able to touch me anymore. I'll seize the throne by revealing his actions and be a better king than he ever could be."

"Unlucky.." He grunted, getting up and collapsing the back of his head was a patch of what looked like liquid gold that was spreading. "Pitch the eldest is happy to meet you. Ow!" He held his head. "Air and ice. My opposite. Let's get you home. Sooner you're away from here the better. " He says getting up again and walking to the ship. "The king knows of my kind. I would rather die than to be with anyone else. She knows that. Xeanta is playing mind games. It is what she does. Come on.. please.. hurry up." He climbed inside the ship.

----

"But that means he has two months to force a wedding on you. I don't know how long your months are but you can hide out in my bunker until then. I can't lose you, you're the best thing that's happened to me. You treat me like a real man would, not some trophy to be won." She wrapped her arms around him.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"You're bleeding!" Liv said, wrapping an arm around Maklar's waist and following his direction towards the ship. "I can fix you up when we get back," She informed him, watching him with concern. "I know you get motion sickness, so I'm going to look as soon as we get back. I think you're still bleeding. Are all dragün's blood gold?" She asked, sitting down and watching him carefully.

~

"Which is why his threat was mostly an empty one," Zahar said. "This would be a royal wedding. A huge, elaborate affair that would take months and months to prepare. And as much as I love your offer, I couldn't leave. I'm the prince, the only true heir to the throne. I can't just disappear for two months - it's unwise. Besides, there are ways for ships to be tracked anyways. I'd likely be found, and I don't want you to get in trouble," He said, pressing a kiss to Rose's cheek. "Don't you worry, princess, everything will turn out alright."

"Do all humans have red blood?" He retorted hitting a few buttons and the ship took off. He held his head wincing and pulled out a shard of metal from the car. He threw it aside. "Hit the soft spot of my skull. Feels like I'm swimming in ice water.." He hissed. The ship landed in her back yard. He looked at his hands. He wasn't bleeding too much now that the object keeping it from healing was removed but it still was bleeding a little bit, and hurt like Hell had frozen over.

----

She sniffed and nodded rubbing her eyes with her sleeve before getting out of the car. "Let's go see my daddy." She said softly taking his hand and holding it tightly. She walked into the candy shop.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Liv looked slightly hurt at Maklar's snapped reply. "I'll take that as a yes then," She muttered, sitting down and wincing in sympathy as he pulled a shard of metal from his head. She stood as soon as the ship landed, moving towards him and pulling away strands of hair tron the wound. It was bloody - though not bleeding as much as before - and looked deep. "You dragüns are tough. No human would have survived this wound," She told him. "Does dragün breath work on you? Is your healing accelerated and this will heal itself?" Liv asked, moving around to face him. "Are you cold?" She knew that him being cold, at least, wasn't a good sign.

~

"Alright," Zahar agreed, thumbing away a tear before taking her inside. "I hope your dad doesn't think I made you cry. It's not my fault my father is a jerk." He stopped suddenly. "You didn't hear me say that. Ey Xanar, we're back!"

"Your dad is up with the baby, Lady Rose!" Xanar called from the kitchen. "You can just go on up!"

Edited by polaristar

It does work on me but it can't be my own. The one in here is my breath. Deep. Time to heal. Skin hot, when humans cut, it burns, I am fire, I can't feel heat. In battle if one can't tell their hurt, it means death. So with fire, cool is my hurt feeling. Youch! Stop ow away..." He shivered and pushed her away. "Hurts!" A opulesent liquid fell from his cheek.

------

Rose nodded and went up to see her dad. She started talking to him in elvish rapidly explaining everything as she took the baby. " Oh honey... have faith in him. He'll figure something out. I know this is hard for you. And you're turning twenty soon. Take deep breaths, meditate for a while. When you get home, bake up a storm. I know that calms you... or perhaps swearing up a storm while getting greasy hands would be better." He said patting her head. "I'm sure he'll stay in touch. You won't be left in the dark Arewn."

Rose nodded and held the baby girl in her arms. " Thanks Adda. I think i'll work on Kyle. he's been acting up lately." "That's my girl." Ty smiled and kissed her head.