Polar

Extraterrestrial

"Nooo..." She groaned stretching. "That halo thing for earth skin tone. I thought you were someone else.. I love the way you look. "She popped her knuckles and got up as the credits rolled, taking out the disk and putting it away. "Can you say a little longer? Cuddle until I fall asleep again?" She asked as her stomach rumbled. "And after dinner... " She stumbled to the kitchen. The only thing she kept that was instant foods and took little effort was ramen and pot stickers. So she pulled out those and started boiling water. "It's not that late on your planet, it's only seven thirty here..." a yawn. "And I meant earth dates, like dinner and a movie, or going to the beach, or something like that. One week from today. Can we go out then? Or you can come on your birthday.... " she explained.

----

"They are okay, they still don't know how to think about you. We kinda caught them on a bad day. They went fishing and got nothing so they were grumpy. They were impressed you faced my twin sister and didn't run for the hills. Oh yes! Pitch can't stop talking about her. He took a video of her hatching. Front legs first then head. That means she's going to be a brilliant and powerful dragoness! She is a lovely color, a light violet with streaks of light blue and white." He gave Hope a small smile.

"Most are born through eggs, births as humans are rare and are only as a last resort. Dragün women where not created to give a live birth, so it's a high risk to take, the baby usually survives but the mother... normally doesn't. No matter how advanced our medicine is." He looked back at Liv. "Fertility issues where common in Astrid's family, my brother's Saratka. They have been together for twenty years now and all she had was still hatchlings or dead eggs. I'm praying for this one. The last three that hatched successfully got Arax flu and died after three days to a week after the hatching. Pitch is very worried about this one, because his wife had enough of losing hatchlings and will switch to a human birth despite the risks of this one.... you know. They will not name her until two weeks have passed where the hatchling is more immune to the arax flu. So far though, she's very healthy and strong. "

He shook some of the sauce on his meal and took a bite, then another after he swallowed the last bite with minimal chewing.

Zahar grinned, absentmindedly tugging down a sleeve where a pale, razor-thin car was beginning to peek out. "Well, I'm glad somebody does," He said, standing. "Sure I'll stay, I don't think I have anything to do." He shrugged, following Rose into the kitchen. "I guess it just feels later than it is because of the movie," He mused, stretching and pushing his fingertips towards the ceiling, his shirt slipping upwards to reveal part of his toned chest and belly button. Another scar wrapped around, stopping a few inches before his belly button, and several more could be seen snaking around his chest. "Sure, sounds like fun. I'll come on my birthday, I don't have anything the day of." He didn't mention that his father would likely be in a temper, something he really didn't feel like dealing with. "What are you making?" He asked interestedly, walking over to the pot of water. "I never really go into the kitchen except to visit Yara right after eating, when she's not busy."

~

"Figured there was a reason," Liv said with a grin. "Didn't figure I'd impress them with that though - even though I never run in the face of danger... I usually run into the face of danger." Jackson snickered at that, before Hope elbowed and he yelped. Liv gave him a look before returning to her conversation. "Aw, that's so cute, she sounds adorable! I hope she is alright - death due to disease in infants used to be really common for us but isn't so much anymore, unless there's some sort of serious issue." She took another bite and didn't speak again until swallowing. "Are you saying that even with all your advanced technology, your people haven't managed to find a cure to that disease? Hmm, maybe I should switch majors to microbiology," She mused thoughtfully. "Also, can I safely assume that the live birth risk doesn't exist for humans, considering there's no other way for them to give birth? Otherwise we may have a problem in the future."

Her dad choked on his food and Lilly and Liv rolled their eyes together, looking faintly amused. "Relax, Daddy, I don't plan on giving you grandkids for a while yet."

"Good," He grunted after taking a long gulp of water. "I don't think my heart could take it if you had a child at eighteen."

Liv snorted. "I don't think I could take it, considering I still play in a treehouse. I don't think I'm ready for that kind of responsibility," She joked with a grin. "Someday, though."

"You'd better," Lilly said, "Since your brothers seem to be taking their own sweet time!"

Jackson scowled. "Yes mom, I get it, you want grandchildren. Can I at least get married first?"

"Of course you'll get married first, dear," Lilly said, "But you are twenty-five and certainly not getting any younger."

Jackson rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

"Easy foods. Not something I usually do but I'm hungry and it takes little effort to make them. " Even though She was tired, she still spotted the scars. "That shirt is too small on you... " She said putting a hand on his side, on the cloth, following the line by memory. "Your father gave you these." Not a question, a statement she knew where they were from.

"Don't come. On your birthday, we can do it after when you have your rights and he can't dictate or control you." She turned suddenly and slammed her fists so hard against the countertop, everything on it rattled. "He should Eca, a mitta lambetya cendelessë orcova ! Curse him a thousand times! He's nothing like my mother, he's worse than her doing that to you! He's a scum sucking, narcissistic, egotistical, totalitarian, heartless bilshnipe! $@#* him, I don't want his opinion or him accepting me!" She had tears of anger going down her cheeks. "He hurts you..." Rose turned around and pressed her face to his chest hugging him in a bear's grip. "He hurts my love.. my heart.......my handsome Prince. "

((She said the king should go French kiss an orc. A high insult in elvish. Bilshnipe is what Thor said to agent phill, huge scaly repulsive beasts that trample everything in its path.))

----

If her father looked at Mäklär at that moment with her comment about children, he'd see a wide eyed shocked face choking on water and coughing up smoke. "Not until a good ten years! That only pertains to dragün females. Not males. " He huffed out a puff of smoke. "Arax flu is actually virus. It affects the fire. All baby dragons have fire until the age of five when they gain their abilities. Fire changes color, and often one power has something to do with fire or breath. Ice fire, acid breath, and so on. We are born from fire, and fire we return. The flu cools our inner most flame, our hearts, and Arax means death. At two weeks, we have natural fire so our hearts are protected. However, we are like animals, so if you can find something as a..... vet... veterinarian.. then you would be considered a hero and definitely would be accepted to every dragün, not only my family. Hatchlings are important to us, as are women and family. If you're able to discover something we have missed, Your name will be written on a stone of the holy temple of the first sun. A high honor, and reserved for only those who have made a difference for the entire dragün race. "

He looked at her with soft eyes. "It will also make me very proud to call you SaratkaI'd annoy everyone by taking about how amazing you are.... um... I guess I already do that. The other day, ice queen shouted at me to stop yapping and feed the birds and called me an squawking parrot. " his cheeks turned yellow as he blushed.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Whatever you fix is fine," Zahar hummed, shrugging slightly in agreement. "Perhaps. I like it though," He said, muscles tensing then relaxing moments later at Rose's unexpected touch. "Not all of them," He said. "I train, I get injured. I have to know how to withstand torture, I get injured. Comes with the job description," He said, wrapping an arm around her torso. "I'll have the rights the moment I turn twenty-one. I'll take you to a tropical oasis on my birthday and invite along Maklar and Liv." He started at her sudden outburst, and wrapped his hands around her wrists gently to keep her from hurting herself more. "I don't deny anything you say, but there's nothing you can do. Pain is a fact of life, and once you accept that..." He shrugged. "It gets better. You don't have to worry about him accepting you, because I know he won't, not that I care about what that serest tai thinks," He said, using a rather vulgar insult from his own language. "...you don't want to know what that means, and certainly don't repeat it," He warned. "Now," Zahar said, kissing her hair. "What about dinner?"

~~

Liv couldn't help but snicker at Maklar's reaction and patted him on the back as he coughed. "Don't choke now," She said with a grin. "I figured as much. Considering the biology is different, it wouldn't make much sense for it to carry over species." She was silent for several moments as she chewed. "It almost sounds like a reverse fever - you know, instead of heating up they cool down." She shrugged helplessly. "But that's all I got. Ask me again when I'm in grad school and I may have something better for you."

Jackson snickered at Maklar's admission. "It doesn't take your boasting to know that Liv is pretty great. We knew that already."

"Oh, shush," Liv said, rolling her eyes. "I seem to remember you going on and on about Hope since you first met. 'Oh, she's so pretty! So smart! Can whip anyone's butt at sports!'" Liv teased, causing Jackson to blush.

"You went on about me, huh?" Hope asked with a smile, looking pleased.

"Well yeah," Jack said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Maybe a little bit."

"It's sweet, Mak," Liv said, returning to their conversation. She nudged him with an elbow. "Frankly, I think it's quite adorable. Are you blushing?" She asked with a grin. "Oh, you are! You never blush!"

"That sounds lovely." She said softly when he mentioned the tropical oasis.... " she kissed his jaw softly. "You don't want to know what I said either.... and probably shouldn't repeat it around my father, he'd make me eat lemons raw then gargle salt water if he knew I knew such language. " She sighed softly and pulled away from him pulling out the floating pot stickers and putting them on a pan to fry and placing the ramen noodles in the already boiling pot she just took the pot stickers out of.

Within five minutes, everything was done and she got out plates and bowls setting them at the table. "There's seasoning packets that you can mix in too. I have chicken and oriental." She said eating a potsticker.

--------

Maklar gave her a hurt puppy look. "You're.... not even going to congratulate me in saying it correctly? I even practiced until I said it right...." He pushed around the meat on his plate a slight hurt tone in his voice.

At her comment at him being adorable for talking about her all the time, the boy's cheeks turned an orange color. "I do, just not often! I used to have a iron fist on my emotions and today they are out of whack. It's important to me..." He grumbled under his breath and stuffed his mouth so he wouldn't have to repeat it louder.

Zahar smiled at Rose, reaching down to kiss her forehead. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed," He told her with a chuckle, squeezing her hand before she could pull away. He sat down beside her, taking a packet of oriental seasoning and mixing it in to his food. "Mmm, this is good. I don't usually have food that is this... simplistic, but I like it," He said, smiling at her. "Thank you for dinner, I appreciate it." He ate for several minutes in silence, savoring the food. "So," He said after a stretch of comfortable silence. "Has this been a good birthday?"

~

"Hey," Liv said softly, quiet enough that the rest of her family didn't overhear. She grabbed Maklar's forearm gently. "You did great. I guess I'm so used to it being said properly that I didn't even notice because you said it just right," She told him, squeezing his arm. "If you keep looking so down and jumpy we're going to have a talk later about what's really bothering you," She said with a smile before raising her voice to its normal pitch once more, not questioning his quiet statement. She knew he wouldn't repeat it anyways. "Do you like the food? It's not as spicy as you're used to, but Mom's a pretty good cook so I'd figure it isn't too bad."

"Gee, thanks sweetie," Lilly drawled out sarcastically, looking amused. "I'm so glad you think so highly of my cooking."

Liv grinned and rolled her eyes goodnaturedly. "You know what I mean, Mom!"

Rose paused between bites, her fork full of noodles. She looked at him and studied his face like it was the first or last time she'd see it. "Yes...." she said after a moment. "Since we left that woman... my dad and I... I struggled with... depression and felt like... I was always alone. Abandoned. But today...today was the first time ever that.... I didn't get that feeling. Like I wasn't just putting on a face for everyone to see. I genuinely feel........happy. Calm like after a bad storm at sea and everything suddenly goes very still. I hope to have more days like this. It was nice... not having a cloud over my head. Thank you Prince Zahar Juress... for being with me today." She smiled and took his hand. It was different from the other times. Her eyes lit up to a near pale aqua, and her face seemed to glow with joy. "I love you very much..."

------

"It's really good. My mom doesn't cook meals, we have a team of chefs for that but it's nice to have a quiet....-ter meal and not have to worry about people talking my food. Besides I brought my own hot sauce. ." He smiled and lowered his voice. It sounded more like a rumble but she can hear words. "After dinner, we will be talking." He said taking a deep breath as if preparing himself.

When the meal was finished he helped clean up and went to the living room. "Gringa, a rare light dragon scale hard metal that changed color in the heat it is made in. To put it simply, it's much like methril in those books you like. The color of the metal changes in heat it's worked in,at the hottest it turns teal blue color of water. With my life breath, I forged two bands interwoven, representing the fate strings that ties two souls together, unbreakable, and intense as the suns of ryu. The flower, is my family crest. The flower that blooms in the rain, and resilient to fire. Like this plant, you are my weakness. When you met me, there was no fear. In fact you whipped out your little knife and pointed at me. " He chuckled. "The plant, like you, doesn't wither at danger.

Eight one carat flawless sapphires placed in the petals of the flower. To me, you are flawless, and deserve the best, so only my best would be given to you. Sapphires to draguns represent peace, cold, calm, femininity and softness. Rubies are opposite. Where I am anger, heat, masculinity and hardness... or so has been said by my mother and sisters.... you are my balance. Something a dragün is naturally drawn too. As your kind say, "opposites attract" we have a saying as well. "Two are one, nature is about balance, for every drought, there's a flood, for every night, there's a day. One can not exist without the other." And that brings me to my next gem, diamonds.

A dozen and a half, half carat top of the line diamonds placed on the border of the petals. These very diamonds i cut and polished my self, they represent time. Time is what makes them so beautiful and under massive amounts of pressure. Not every couple is perfect, and life is not without its problems... and I know there will be quarrels among us. Even though we may fight, I'll never leave... never let you or I go to sleep while angry at the other. To prove this... these particular diamonds were carved from the very diamond I showed you when we went mud bogging." At this he touched his chest, where as a Dragon a diamond was hidden in a scale over his heart. "This is not something that is done lightly, weakening that stone could cause a dragün their lives with a good hit in a fight, practice or not. I'm not good with words, and.. I might not say I love you enough times in the future.... but... I want you to see those stones and know for certain, that you are never that far from my thoughts, and always will be as precious to me, and that I trust you entirely, with everything I have including my own heart. "

He rubbed his neck. "Around the center stone, there's five or six small blue opals. They have no particular meaning, but you said you liked opals so I put them on it. " another deep breath. "The center stone is everything to a dragün. This is a moon stone, A gem known to earth people, however this stone was native to one of Ryuu's two moons that where introduced by the dragons many many eons ago. Unlike the diamond it isn't hard or anything worth much here, but stones from the water moon Karlaca, to my people, are far more valuable then life itself. Dragüns, rich or poor, would be burned with their stones in their claws. Never will you see a dragün parting with this stone, not even for their mates. My mother was shocked that I was the first she knew of, that would give such a prized pearl moon stone to a human. This stone was with me since the day I left the sun temple strong and healthy. It was placed between my shoulder blades where a scale didn't grow.. and even today it's smaller than the others. You are the most valuable thing in my life now." He said softly and pulled out the ring. "Lady Olivia, I explained the meaning of each crevice on this ring to you. Do you except these meanings, and are willing to bind yourself to me mind and soul, where not even death could part us?" He asked. This was the formal way of proposing for his kind. Leave it to the Dragün people to make things more difficult and complicated than they should be.

Zahar wasn't sure how the way Rose was studying him - so intently as if it was the first or last time she'd ever see him - made him feel. But he smiled encouragingly and squeezed her hand in support as she struggled with words. "Well, I'm glad today was good for you," He said softly, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. "I love you too, my princess." His lips lingered for a moment before he released her hand and took another bite, chewing and swallowing before speaking once more. "What else would you like to do this evening? Anything in particular? After all, you only turn twenty once."

~

"That's good," Liv said with a grin, chuckling at his comment. "Yeah, I suppose this is a lot quieter than your family dinners, to say the least." She gave him a questioning look at his mumbled comment - he didn't want to break up with her, did he? She knew he probably wouldn't, but she couldn't help but worry. "Alright..." She said slowly, going back to her meal.

After the meal was finished, her dad asked Jackson and Hope to help him find some things in the garage, and Liv followed Maklar into the living room while Lilly busied herself making Mark's lunch for the next day. Liv listened questioningly as Maklar began to explain something. However, slowly, things clicked into place. She blinked in surprise. Was Maklar... proposing? Not that she would say no, she just wasn't expecting it. She grinned as they recalled their first meeting - she supposed she probably looked pretty ridiculous, confronting a man a foot and a half taller than her.

As he finished, she felt tears prickling in her eyes - that was the most extraordinary proposal she had ever heard. "Yes," She whispered, allowing him to slip the ring on her finger. "Yes, of course I'll marry you," She said, tackling him in a hug and kissing him. "That was a beautiful proposal Mak, and the ring is absolutely breathtaking. I love it."

"And I got it all on video!" Lilly said once the two pulled away, looking vibrant. "I'll be glad to have you as my son, Maklar."

Edited by polaristar

Rose finished her meal and put her dishes away in the dishwasher. "Well... I did promise to teach you to make brownies. How about we do that.. or you do that and I stand back making sure nothing catches on fire and laughing at your bumbling mess..." she giggled. Getting out the things for brownies she got down a recipe book and turned to the page where it had everything laid out in simple steps.

"Well your highness, ready to bake?" She grinned putting her hands on her hips.

------

His eyes were a blazing gold and he kissed her back grinning like a fool. "I'm glad you like it so much...." He purred and dipped her and kissing her deeply. He righted her and let go to hug Lilly. "And I am glad have you Garna. It means second mother in my tongue. My mom is a very busy woman... and it's nice to have quality time with a mother figure. You know, Zahar would probably like you too! He's like a brother to me.. and I'm glad you'll get to meet him soon to, and the rest of my family. " He grinned.

((I can't believe we're at 21 pages blink.gif))

"That you did," Zahar said before looking mock offended. "Now Rosie, my love, you don't know that I can't bake. For all you know, I could be quite good," He deadpanned before grinning. "Alright, I'll start, but I may need some... hands on guidance." He winked, washing his hands at the sink before striding over to read the instructions. "This seems pretty straightforward. I'm going to need a bowl - a cooking one, you know." He said. "And," He squinted at the paper. "Can you get the ingredients? I'll mix them in, but I don't want to rummage around for fifteen minutes like an idiot when you know where everything is."

~

"Why wouldn't I," Liv asked with a giggle, blushing crimson as he kissed her again. "You made it, after all."

"You're lucky Jackson isn't here yelling 'PDA'!" Lilly laughed, hugging Maklar back. "I convinced Mark to take Jack and Hope to the garage so that you would have a bit of privacy."

"Thanks Mom," Liv said gratefully, looking down at the ring. "So, uh, how do weddings on your planet work? I imagine it's different - we'll probably need two, one on Earth so that extended family can come, I suppose, and then we can say we moved away or something..." She said to herself, thinking out loud.

"You have time to figure all that out, Liv," Lilly said, hugging her daughter. "In the meantime, just enjoy the fact that you're engaged to the man you love. And Maklar, if you ever need quality mom time, I'm always here," She said, smiling warmly at him.

"Between you and me, Jason hasn't shut up about meeting your family," Liv said with a grin. "I'm pretty sure he's hoping you have a cute, single sister - obviously not younger sister, before you say anything. Someone his age."

"I'd contradict you, but you're right," Jackson said, strolling into the room. "Congratulations. Dad explained what was going on outside. Apparently yelling 'PDA' during an engagement would not be appropriate - not that I would have," He said with a chuckle. "I'm excited to have you as a brother, Maklar, not that I need another one, though I suppose you probably need more less than I do..." He trailed off to make his point as Liv snickered in amusement.

"So," Lilly said, "I made dessert! Coca-Cola cake, homemade. Do you like sweet things, Maklar?"

"I love Coca-Cola cake!" Liv said excitedly, grabbing Maklar's hand and pulling him into the kitchen.

"You knew Mom was making it!" Jackson exclaimed. "How can you act like your surprised?"

"Just because I'm not surprised doesn't mean I'm not excited," Liv said with a roll of her eyes. "Boys, honestly."

"You need glasses. I already got everything out for you. " she giggled pointing to the other side of the sink where a bowl, eggs, milk, flour and a mixer sat along with coco powder and the works. "I'll help when you need it, this one it spells out teaspoons and tablespoons. It should be easy enough." She giggled.

------

"They are short. It's at night, when the two moons are full. We both drink from a solid moon stone bowl. Mom and I add a single drop of our blood to the water so your life would be extended. The water tastes different to everyone. My brother said it was like star fruit, my dad said it tastes like pomegranate. Mom said it was like buck bull stake." He shrugged. "I don't mind as long as we're wed."

He trailed after her as she pulled him to the kitchen. "What does...PDA mean?" He asked "All my sisters are single, it's hard to find a guy the family likes, especially when one has six brothers. Let's see, ice queen, moon rise, wind sheer and panda. Panda won't ever get married and she won't be there thankfully so one is twenty seven and the other two are triplets so they are both twenty two. You met typhoon who is moon rise and wind sheer's triplet brother." He said counting on his fingers.

He looked at the cake tilting his head. "What's coca-cola? I like sweets, and sour things. Not much a chocolate fan though. Melts too fast in my fingers. "

"Oh," Zahar said, grinning sheepishly and rubbing the back of his neck. "Okay, I'll get started, let's see here," He muttered to himself, reading the instructions and following them to the letter. He carefully measured out the ingredients, sometimes doing several different tasks at once with the use of his telekinesis. It wasn't long before the mix was finished. "Does this look okay to you?" He asked Rose after stirring it vigorously. "I think it's mixed enough, but I don't have too much experience in the field of the culinary arts so I can't be sure..."

~

"I wonder what mine will taste like," Liv mused, before pausing. "Wait, extending my life?"

"I want some life juice!" Jackson said jovially. "Almost as much as I want cake!"

"PDA stands for public display of affection," Liv exclaimed with a chuckle. "I'm going to wait and see how long it takes for them to want to singe his hair off," She said with a grin, passing him a slice of cake. "Coca-Cola is a soda. This is a type of chocolate cake, but it won't melt." She took a bite of her own slice. "I think you'll like it."

"It looks perfect, now you pour the mixture in the pan and I have the oven preheating so all you have to do is pop it in and set the timer, then make the frosting. " She said clearing what they don't need any more and washing the bowls used getting out a clean set for the frosting and wiping down the counter. "A clean kitchen makes a happy house." She said to herself.

-------

"Yes. Your life span would be extended like mine is. Your ageing process will slow down and you'll retain your youth longer among other things. It's essential. And only for those marrying draguns." He gave Jackson a look. "Once wed, it is literally two souls becoming one. Elder dragons with mates often die within hours of their partner because the grief is far to great. Imagine having half of a heart, then finding the other half. Then imagine how over the years, those two halves are stitched together over and over until it's impossible to rip apart, then someone takes a knife and cuts it. Unable to cut through the stiches, it cuts the fabric, leaving one person with less then they had in the beginning. The loss is devastating. If a marriage such as ours didn't have that extension, the lifetime of a dragün would be cut to a forth of the normal amount. Over four centuries ago, the population was cut down drastically from over five billion across the galaxy to almost one billion because of interracial mateing. So the lifetime extension is fairly recent."

He explained and stole a bite from Liv's cake. He wrinkled his nose. "No, no thank you. I'm sorry, the soda didn't smell good to me and it kinda tastes like my mom's homemade soap to me, I mean no offense to you, just.. my taste buds are different from humans. I prefer sour things over sweets. " He said. It was times like this he wished he could lie, but it wasn't in his blood to do so.

"No. My sisters don't control fire, only ice, air and earth. " He said with a smile, "So he is more likely to get knocked back into a wall, turned into a Jason-sicle or stuck in quicksand. " He chuckled. "As for the... PDA... you shouldn't say it around my brother and his wife, or at the party. My Garsa or "second sister" other words, sister in law, was asked by a (name of Zahar's race) friend how she would describe the men of her kind. To which she stated, "Like an attention starved lost puppy." We're constantly touching our partners. Holding hands, shoulders touching, holding around the waist, hugging, etcetera. It's a.... instinctual thing. It really can't be helped..." He said sheepishly rubbing his neck.

((Tried draw Mäklär as a Dragon. It failed miserably)

"Can do," Zahar said, following her instructions and setting the timer with little difficulty. "I could have helped you clean up," He said, though Rose was all but finished by the time he sorted out the oven timer. "No wonder you get along so well with Yara - she's the same way," He said with a chuckle, looking at the directions for the frosting. "Should we make this after the brownies come out, that way the frosting will still be warm when we pour it?" He asked her after reading the directions, which were shorter than the one for the brownies.

~

"Oh," Liv said, looking quite shocked. She hadn't given lifespan much thought, but the thought of outliving her family was, frankly, quite terrifying and a bit depressing. At that thought, she hoped that Jason would manage to impress one of Maklar's sisters so that she wouldn't be left alone. "Right, yeah, that makes sense."

"Pity about the life juice though," Jackson said, catching Maklar's glance. "I could do with a few extra years."

"Poor humanity," Mark muttered under his breath, chuckling at his son's scowl.

"It's okay Mak," Liv said, not missing a beat. "I just know what not to bake. You didn't hurt my feelings, no harm done," She said, catching the guilty look that crossed his face. "Oh, now I can't wait for Jason to meet them."

"It'll be quite the show," Jackson agreed. "Should I bring popcorn?"

"Probably," Hope agreed with a smile. "You know how determined he can be. Not necessarily a bad thing, until the girl gets sick of him. He's really quite sweet, if not a little overbearing. I've seen him in action."

Liv made a face into her cake that looked quite disgusted at Hope's comment before glancing up, smiling in amusement. "Draguns? Attention starved? I never would have guessed!" She said, good-natured sarcasm in her voice.

Jackson snorted. "Yeah - thanks, Captain Obvious. Anyways - when is this party thing, and why exactly is Jason going a good idea, other than for comedy hour?"

((lol xd.png))

Edited by polaristar

She shook her head. "It's best when hot because it melts the frosting and makes it gooey deliciousness. "She said checking the timer and cleaning up the dinning room then the living room. She looked in a mirror. "I'm a mess..." her hair looked like a nest for a hamster and her eyes were swollen from crying.

-----

"Four weeks your time, two for me. It's a formal party for the Prince's coming of age. So try to.... tone down the obnoxious behavior. The king is.... um.... has quite the temper. " He rubbed his back. "He's still not to happy having humans in his line, or mine because I will become general, adviser, and bodyguard to Zahar when he is king." He looked confused at hope's comment. "And that's....... a bad thing? I'm sure Liv would have described me the same way. "

"I just figured that would make it harder to pour, but I suppose you would know better than I would," Zahar said, shrugging. He made the icing as Rose cleaned and peered at her appearance in the mirror. "I hadn't noticed," He told her truthfully, setting the icing aside. "Go clean yourself up, if you want - I've got it covered here, I'll just wash these," He said, waving a hand towards the few dishes from the icing.

~

"Tone down the obnoxious behavior?" Liv asked, raising her eyebrows. "You do realize that obnoxious is like their middle names, right?"

"Hey, we can be good!" Jackson protested.

"And you will be," Lilly said firmly. "We will have to let Jared and Jason know."

"No, it's not a bad thing," Hope said with a shake of her head. "Most human girls just aren't used to what they see as Jason's overuse of affection. It scares them off, they find him overbearing."

"He's had like, three girlfriends?" Liv speculated uncertainly. "They all left when it started getting a bit more serious. I saw one, she was dating some jock with rocks for brains," She said, rolling her eyes. "Not that Cindy was particularly gifted anyways, but still."

Jackson snorted. "She irritated me."

"Same," Liv and Lilly said at the same time, the two exchanging glances before laughing.

"Seriously though, we'll be good. We know how to behave ourselves, believe it or not."

"I'll believe it when I see it," Liv said.

"Well get ready sis," Jackson stated certainly, "cause you're about to."

Awww!" Rose cooed and went over to hug him and kiss his cheek. "I love you, you're like a gooey cupcake! Sweet and warm. " She hugged him tightly. "I'll just brush my hair and wash my face. When the buzzer goes off, take the toothpick on the counter and stick it in the middle of the brownies. If it comes out clean, they are done, if it still has batter on it, put them back in for another seven minutes. Okay sweetie?" She said and went upstairs to tackle her hair and make it smooth once more.

((I want a Zahar! wub.gif ))

------

"Wind sheer is a bit of her own woman. Moonrise is more of a dependent shy girl. She may like him, however, much like you, we are all protective of moonrise and parrot the youngest daughter and future queen. So, if you boys thought your display of dominance and protectiveness, was intimidating enough, try six over protective Dragon shape shifters that can swallow a man whole. " He laughed. "Now that'll be a show! We'll try not to make him squirm too much, but moonrise is a sweetheart and as you know, dragons only fall in love once. Overbearing and serious are actually attractive qualities to a dragün female. Means that the potential mate will be a great father. " He said reassuring Liv.

"Oh! I've got a picture.... " He tapped his watch and took it off setting it on the counter, flipping through hallo pictures of his family. He stopped on a image of a green haired woman with emerald eyes. "That's moonrise. This is wind sheer. " He flipped to a punk like blue haired woman with streaks of white in her deep blue hair. "And lastly Ice queen. Her hair used to be white, but she died it red. " another woman with one vibrant green eye and the other a near clear blue had short red hair. "I have all my relatives on here, but some are old pictures. I also have my niece's hatching sequence on here too! " He grinned, obviously a proud uncle.

((Haha same xd.png))

"Thanks, love," Zahar hummed kissing her forehead and listening to her instructions. "Can do! Don't you worry, I won't burn the house down," He said, a teasing note​ in his voice. He sat down in a chair while he waited, lazily browsing his schedule on his holowatch as he waited, sighing and rolling his eyes at various trivial appointments and scowling at the meeting with his father planned for the following day. It was probably to 'discuss' his frequent meetings with Rose, though their discussions usually ended with him limping out with a sore back. Only a few more weeks, he told himself, starting when the oven beeped.

Standing, he opened the oven and lifted out the brownies by use of telekinesis, following Rose's instructions and making sure the brownies were done. Upon seeing the toothpick emerge cleanly from the middle he turned off the oven and left the brownies to cool, leaning lazily against the brownies as he waited for Rose to come back down the stairs.

~

Liv chuckled as Maklar explained, both at his description of he and his protective brothers and at Jack's increasingly eager face. "This is going to be interesting," She said, leaning over to see his pictures better. "They're all so pretty, I'm jealous!" Liv exclaimed, grinning.

"I don't think Jason will be able to decide," Jackson laughed.

"All your sisters are beautiful young ladies, Maklar," Lilly said with a smile. "They sound lovely, I can't wait to meet them."

"I want to see the hatching sequence!" Liv exclaimed before the sentence had even fully left his mouth. "Please?"

" Put the frosting on!" She called down and went around the corner putting her brushed hair up in a ponytail. "Much better. Then we wait a little bit before we try them. "She smiled slightly. "You seemed to do good with the ingredients. Of course that recipe isn't my family's so it won't be as good, however it's fine for a first timer. "

-------

"They can't stop talking about meeting Liv and her family. Okay okay...let me find it. " He went through and found a video in 3d hallow and hit play.

On a bed of blankets and sand lay a purple egg with near black streaks. The egg shook, rolling around on the nest of blankets till a claw popped out creating a crack. It went back inside then a whole foot burst out. The claw scratch around the outside of the egg. "Front right claw, that means she'll be intelligent." He said as a wing burst out this time. "Good flyer." The wing and claw went back inside and the egg stopped moving, but cracks appeared between the two holes. "Definitely intelligent watch this..." a little horn poked out at one moment, then the entire upper half of the egg was lifted up and a lovely violet Dragon blinked large green blue eyes as a little horn fell off her nose. Her head was slender and nubby horns small and rounded. She opened her lime green mouth and made a little 'kreeeeaaa!' Sound.

"Will do, ma'am," Zahar said with a chuckle, pouring the frosting he had prepared over the brownies. He gave Rose a comical pout when she said they had to wait. "Aw, we have to wait? You're no fun. I'm so glad you think so highly of my baking abilities," He said, his tone teasing and slightly sarcastic. He swaggered over to her, grabbing her from behind and pulling her gently into his chest. "In the meantime, I suppose I owe you a thank you for your help. wouldn't you agree?" He said lowly into her ear, smirk playing at the edge of his lips. "Would a kiss do it, perhaps?"

~

"Aw, at least I know someone in your family besides your mom likes me. I was starting to think they were all grumps," Liv teased, tousling Maklar's hair with a grin. "Yay, thanks!"

Jackson rolled his eyes at his sister but leaned forward interestedly.

"She's so cute!" Liv squealed, beaming. "When will she shift for the first time? Is it when she's quite a bit older or are dragun children born with more mental capabilities than a human baby?"

She gave him a sly smirk. "I suppose a kiss would be a... acceptable thank you." She teased back. "But I believe you owe me two, I didn't get one for my birthday. " she looked over her shoulder then turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck. "It's also a great way to pass the time while we wait for the sweets to cool. "

----

"Around the age of two. That's when she would shift. They do have more mental capabilities then a human child, however their development is relatively the same. Milk teeth to meat teeth, controlling fire, learning to talk, then fly, potty training too when they are human. Different than humans, .... hmm.... more like a puppy that breaths fire and hordes things. " He explained shutting off the holo projection. I'll let you know her condition when I come to get you for the ball. By then it'll be two weeks on my planet, four here. " He said finger combing his hair, making it right again.

Four earth weeks later, rose had been busy. She figured out how to go to the Rasabol equivalent of YouTube and found a video that taught his language. She listened and repeated everything, learning quickly. It was like sanderin, the elvish dialect her and her father used. By the time the four weeks where up, she had lured up to the moderate speech.

For Zahar's birthday, the woman bought the hobbit and loters books, along with a Rosetta stone of elven language, so he could learn and understand what she and her father say to each other. She wrapped these up along with a medium rectangular shape black velvet box on top of the books. In a separate bag, one that he would open privately, was a RC rugged terrain truck and the dagger that Gladriel gave to Arigorn. She got up early and spent nearly half the day getting ready, something she hasn't done in a long time.

-----

Maklar had asked his elder brother Pitch to pick up both Rose and Liv, for he had to enter with Zahar, and he and the Prince where kept very busy by his father. Pitch was given the coordinates of both houses before being sent off, picking up Liv and her Family first.

The castle had been abuzz with activity in the weeks leading up to Zahar's birthday, what with fittings of proper dress, - which for once, had no cape and was more in Earth fashion - speech preparations, practice dinners, and so on. The afternoon before had he and Maklar in dressing rooms as servants made last minute preparations. "Did Liv pester you about matching?" Zahar asked as his hair was slicked back with hair gel to keep it from having its usual untidiness. "I let Rose know what color I was wearing so she could plan accordingly - matching or not, I'm sure they'll both look stunning." His hand was smacked away from his gelled down hair as he went to rub his hand through it, something he tended to do when he was worried or stressed. "Sorry," He apologized as his suit was brought out for him to change into. He stepped behind a curtain, changing and leaving the jackets off, the servants helping him into them when he reemerged. A circlet, worn by every prince before him, was placed on his head. He gave Maklar a quick grin. "You ready?"

At that moment Zahar's father swooped in, the picture of quiet intimidation in his suit which was strikingly similar to Zahar's own. "All ready? Good." He nodded firmly, swinging his unneeded cane around to rest it in front of his feet and glancing at the watch on his wrist, oblivious to the awkwardness that came upon his arrival. "Less than an hour now."

Zahar nodded stiffly, looking uncomfortable. "Are we to wait outside, Father?"

"No, I want you to stay here," There was an awkward pause, in which Zahar's father seemed to find much interest in the top of his cane. "You know, Zahar... you haven't done as bad as I thought you would."

Zahar blinked, looking surprised. That was the closest thing to a compliment he had ever heard from his father. "Thank you Father."

"I'd like to say I did quite well with you. Good discipline," His father nodded.

Zahar bit back a snort, giving a non-committal hum, and the conversation was over.

((Zahar's dad's suit doesn't include the hat, so you know))

~

The day of the ball, everyone was up early. Hope arrived around ten, and while Liv's dad and brothers lounged for a while, the girls showered and did their makeup and hair for preparation for the night. Around two, Lilly yelled for the boys to get ready, and soon they were all showered and dressing in their suits. Jared was finished first, hair neatly combed and suit pressed to perfection. Jackson emerged next, in a simple but stylish maroon suit that matched Hope's dress. Right behind him was Mark, in a simple business suit and purple tie to match his wife's elegant lavender gown. Jason was the last of the men to emerge, hair slicked upwards and dressed in a striking, navy tux. Liv was finished last, her hair pulled up into a loose, braided bun. Her dress was modest, sleeveless, and flowing, with silver beading.

"You look amazing," Jackson said with a grin. "My baby sister, all grown up!"

"Alright, we have to get pictures!" Lilly ordered, the kids groaning goodnaturedly and following her instructions as they waited for Pitch to arrive.

Maklar blinked in the mirror, having taken to the more modern Chinese formal wear and adjusting the silver buttons. Along the cuffs and caller, small silver flowers of his family's line trimmed the smooth black cloth. "Did we have to match? I just told her to wear a color she'd like and with silver to bring out those eyes of hers. " He smacked a servant's hand away from his hair with a low growl. He started to do his own hair, doing it in small braids and weaving silver thread into the flaming red-gold locks. He was nearly done, and allowed the servant to finish it as he outlined his golden eyes with black liner. This kept the glare down, and heightened the intimidation factor. He stiffened when Zahar's father strode into the room and looked at his friend with a nod indicating he was now ready, then proceeded to snarl at a servant who was trying to smooth the fly away wisps of hair. "Fix it one more time I dare you. " "perhaps if you let me cut-" "Cut it, and I'll bite off your arm. " He snorted smoke and the servant promptly fled. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking long hair. " He said mostly to himself.

---

A ship landed in their back yard. It was larger than Maklar's although not by much, however it had the ' enlargement technology' that made it larger on the inside then it was outside. A ramp lowered and out came a man in a jet black and maroon old fashioned suit. He was tall like Maklar, only taller, nearing almost seven feet. Slender, more lean then muscular. His hair was blue black slicked back and cut short, his skin the color of merlot wine. The most notable feature on his was his eyes, both toxic radioactive green with navy blue pupils. He glided over to them and smiled, teeth bright white, and gums a more olive green, however his tongue was the same color of his eyes. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I am Maklar's eldest brother, Xarakius (Zara kai us) Ve'ër Thären (Veer ear there in). However, for your sake, please call me Pitch. It is a nick name for me. Yes, my last name is different then his. The men take the last name of the woman he marries instead of the other way around. My, my you all look lovely, you must be Lily and Mark, tis a pleasure." He bowed to the parents then looked at the three brothers. He studied them carefully. "The two matching... Gold said something about a couple. I take it you're Jack, the eldest, and his Saratka Hope. It is an honor..." He nodded his head in greetings.

He looks at the two younger boys. "One of you is Jason, and another Jared...." He then moved on to Liv and slowly walked around her before standing in front of her. He then burst out laughing. "How did my moody, snap toothed, hothead of a brother get a beautiful woman like you is beyond me! His words are true, well when he isn't comparing you in some poetic star struck way. You must be lady Olivia, oh, lady Liv. You prefer that correct? " he kissed her hand after sweeping down in an extravagant bow. He blinked and looked at her engagement ring. " He gave away his first moonstone... dear me, he's been bitten bad. Cherish that stone little sister, that was wedged in his heart scales when he was half dead and placed in the temple five weeks after he hatched too early. That stone was the only thing keeping him alive at the time." He dropped her hand. "Speaking of hatchlings, my daughter is healthy and strong! We named her Taphita, a poison ivy like plant that blooms sweet smelling, star shaped violet flowers on it. It's been two weeks since her hatching and not once did she show a symptom of the sickness." He beamed proudly. "Everyone please step inside the ship and take a seat, we have one more stop before heading to the party!"

---

Rose had already informed Zahar that she would wear her dress her father had specifically designed for her sweet sixteenth birthday. Although she was told she could wear normal human clothes, she liked the dress and only wore it once in the company of her father so she was thrilled to don it again. She had done her hair in a simple braid leaving most of the wavy honied locks down and kept back from her face with a silver Gladriel's circlet. Upon her neck, she wore an authentic Arwen Evenstar necklace with matching earrings. Usually she had on a leather cord with dog tags on it, hers, her father's, grandfather's and so on back to Kyle and his brother who were the first to receive them. They usually had a rubber rim and a plastic cover over them to keep the elements off and from them clanging together. Among these tags was a more durable version of Arwen's necklace, and usually hidden beneath her shirt top or in a pocket. However, they now rest inside the rectangular velvet box she intended to give to Zahar along with the books.

Rose nervously stood at her usual spot, having been informed of the travel arrangements. She wasn't nervous about the party and meeting his father, no, the knots that twisted her stomach was from her stepping out of her comfort zone Having lured about his culture, although her knowledge was still little, she had read it was traditional for a song to be composed and then sung at the coming of age ceremony. She did just this, in his native tongue and practiced until perfected. This she will sing in front of everyone there. A great leap from the men at the machine shops and the blind man at the junkyard, then telicoming with some of her father's friends in the army, however she felt it was time to break through her shell of shyness and do something that would make Zahar beam with pride.

Zahar tuned in to Maklar's conversation with a guard in time to hear him threatening to bite off the poor man's arm. "Your hair is fine," He said with a chuckle. "You look very intimidating."

"He'd better, considering he's the one keeping us safe," King Zarin grumbled to himself. He didn't like how close Zahar would get to staff - the boy had always been too soft in his opinion.

"Father," Zahar snapped. "I know this is stressful, but if you could please treat him with some respect, I'd appreciate it."

Zarin looked faintly surprised. "Finally standing up for something, Zahar?"

Zahar snarled under his breath, looking as if he would like nothing more to give his father a solid punch in the jaw. Instead, he fiddled with his watch impatiently. He just wanted to get this out of the way and enjoy his evening, though that seemed like something that wouldn't be happening for a while yet.

A servant hurried in, looking slightly frazzled. "Fifteen minutes!"

King Zarin started towards the door. "Come Zahar, Lord Maklar, it's time." He led them down the hall until they were waiting behind the huge doors leading into the ballroom. They were shut, and everyone was going through alternate entrances.

"When does Pitch get back?" Zahar murmured to Maklar under his breath, not wanting to irritate his father by mentioning Rose and Liv.

~

Pitch couldn't be more different from Maklar, Liv realized upon meeting him. The elder dragun had an easygoing way about him, with friendly eyes and a lighthearted, blinding white smile. He was much more talkative than his brother, not to mention taller and more slender, and despite being twenty years older than Maklar didn't look a day over twenty-five. She blinked at him as, upon surveying her, the man promptly burst out laughing. Her confusion morphed into an easy grin at his explanation, and she chuckled. "Must have been dropped when I was little or something," She joked with a grin. "I'm glad to hear your daughter is okay! I can't wait to meet her sometime. Mak showed her hatching, she's so cute!"

Jared offered Liv his arm as they made their way into the ship, and Liv slid into a seat as everyone else marveled. "Is this bigger on the inside?" Liv asked with a furrowed brow. "It looks like it."

"This is some Doctor Who stuff here," Jason murmured, sitting down on Liv's right as Jared sat on her left. Once everyone was settled, Liv gave Pitch a thumbs up.

"We're ready whenever you are," She said to him. "Are we going to pick up Rose?"

"Who's Rose?" Jared asked curiously.

"Prince Zahar's girlfriend," Liv said. "She has scars on her face, so don't stare," She told them so that they wouldn't be surprised at her appearance.