Polar

Extraterrestrial

"Nice to meet you," Liv said with a grin. "Your family recipies are amazing! Rose agreed to teach me her secrets sometime. Hope you don't mind." She giggled slightly, reaching tentatively for another. "I can see why - they're delicious! Here, Mak, try one!" She passed him the uneaten cookie she had just picked up and giving him a slightly amused look. He seemed to know he would be having a discussion about his slinking off later. "It was nice, Mak. She fell asleep while I was holding her. But, you know, you had to be there to get the full effect," There was slight sarcasm in her voice, but her tone wasn't biting. It was quite clear that she wasn't actually angry.

Zahar snorted, disguising it as a badly placed cough once more before pouting. "Aw, c'mon Rose, I'm not that bad!"

Yara whacked him lightly on the back of his head with her spoon. "Not that bad! I know you have the potential to be that bad! But your father has been fine, a lovely man - though I'll set him straight if he misbehaves. Quite the charmer too, I might add."

Zahar choked on his cookie. "Is this happening?" He asked Rose. "Please tell me she didn't just say that."

"It's not like I said we're dating, silly boy," Yara tutted, earning him another smack on the head with the spoon. Zahar winced, rubbing it. "Just that he's charming. There's a difference. Honestly, men."

"It's quite alright! She's already shared with Yara here. But she might not tell you the super secret ingredient we put into them. Some things we stay with our family. " He winked at her and continued to frost the cookies.

Maklar took it expecting to be smacked on the shoulder from liv. Her sarcasm made him wince like she really had smacked him. He looked at his feet. "My strength comes in spurts. Children are so little and easy to break. Babies are more so. Dragun children are stronger then other kids but I didn't handle my sister until she was three." he said softly.

While Zahar had a look of shock and horror, she was grinning broadly and bouncing on her toes giddy. "Adda is quite the charmer! He's also handsome and as sweet as the things he makes! I'm glad he perked up. On Earth, he kinda went.... mellow and depressed. Well, now that I think of it, he's been like that since the divorce when I was little." She laughed. "Whenever we moved I would talk about my dad to all the single teachers to get a new mom. He'd always say, "You can't have too much salt in a cherry pie" or "Too little flour doesn't make a cake". You see.. my mom wasn't the best... when I was young I came home early and.. caught her cheating on Adda. In a fit she broke a bottle on me, left me a scar on my skin and nearly taking out my left eye. She wasn't really a good mother to me anyway she'd call me mean things. At the time dad worked for the military and was almost always away... " she traced the scar again.

Ty turned around and sighed heavily pinching his nose. "Rose, stop. Don't try that guilt thing again, you're a grown woman. Get the foolish boy there to marry you and have your own family, I'm fine." He said waving at Zahar. "I'm working on that dad..." She giggled rolling her eyes.

"That's alright," Liv said with a grin. "Really, all I want is a decent cookie recipe!" She shook her head, pulling Maklar slightly away from the bustle so that she could talk to him privately. "I'm not angry Mak. Stop making me feel guilty, you look like I just kicked your puppy," Liv told him. "I know you can be incredibly gentle, Mak, you're just scared that you will accidentally hurt a baby, and that's not a bad thing, per se, but I know you won't. You just need to know that you won't either. Besides, it's not like you're going to be squeezing the baby. Just holding it. Trust me, you'd be fine." She assured him, reaching out to squeeze his hand. "You need to have a little more faith in yourself. Otherwise I'll start teasing you about being afraid of babies - and not just of holding them," She said with a sly grin, mischief dancing in her silver-gray eyes.

"Really, Rose, if things will happen, they'll happen," Yara said, looking slightly embarrassed. "Some things you just have to let time do, you know," She continued, before pulling the girl into a fierce hug. "Don't be getting soft on me now, I don't have much experience with criers. I am the palace cook, after all. Not the palace babysitter, thank goodness."

"Hey!" Zahar protested, looking a bit put out both at Yara and Ty's comments. "I was a good child! And not foolish, thank you very much," He huffed, continuing to mutter softly to himself. "Foolish! I'm the prince. What does it take to get a little respect." His mouth twitched lightly into a smile, though, and he shook his head good-naturedly. "You're acting like I'm some sort of animal that needs to be lured in," He laughed. "Honestly, she threatened to ask me herself. It's like you're impatient or something." His eyes rounded slightly. "Wait - are you impatient?"

((Zahar you dork lol))

He yanked her towards him after looking her in the eye for a long moment and hugged her tightly. "Please don't. I like kids.. I.. just don't want to harm them and.. also some are scared of me. He muttered softly, starting to purr.

"I'm only gonna cry cuz I can't breathe!" She gasped out, liking the tight hug but struggling for air. Once let loose she looked at Zahar. "You rode in Kyle during a sweltering hot day in El Derado California. I am patient to a certain degree. It's still too early for us. I trust you're decision in the timing of such delicate matters. " Ty narrowed his eyes at Zahar. "She's still my baby girl, and I should be the first to know when you decide it's time. " He said then turned to Yara. "Sorry about my daughter, she can be a handful some times. Half of these grey hairs where caused by her, messing around with dangerous chemicals and machinery at a young age. Then broke some poor fellow's jaw at her homecoming dance. I still don't know why she did that. The guy had a imprint of a monkey wrench on his face for three months! She is a rose, and a rose has some sharp thorns."

"Nah, I won't," Liv promised, resting her head on his chest. "I'm not that mean. I don't think you'd hurt a child - though you are a bit intimidating. That's probably why they're scared of you." She told him, feeling the rumble through his chest from his purr. Liv realized she had never actually got an answer as to why he truly purred, but decided to ask them later, when they had some privacy.

"Okay, for a second I was worried," Zahar laughed. "Don't you worry, Ty. I'm a prince, and an honorable one at that. I'll do things completely right." He didn't add that the last thing he needed was another father that hated him, though some things were definitely better left unsaid. Zahar snorted and grinned. "Yeah, that sounds like Rose. You'll have to tell me that story sometime, love. Just remind me not to get on your bad side," He said, chuckling.

Maklar kissed her nose and sighed. "Can we stay like this a little bit longer?" He asked softly.

"I will later, as long as you tell me what you said earlier. I'll let you two be now, I see you have lots of work to do. Rose said kissing her dad and hugged yara before looking at Zahar. "shall we go your highness?"

((Sorry short can't think))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((it's okay))

"Not much longer," Liv said. "I have a planet to explore, remember? You know what we should do sometime? Go on a hike. That would be so much fun!" Liv said, allowing him to hold her for a few moments longer before stepping back. "So, what else is there to see here on... Rasabol, right?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die," Zahar promised, chuckling. "See you Yara, Ty." He lead Rose out, holding her hand as they went back to the car. "Is there anywhere in particular you'd like to go?"

"Remember what I told you when we played capture he flag or when we went mud bogging? I'm going to show you my secret hide out. " He grinned and pulled her out to the square shifting once again and letting her climb onto his back once more.

"I would like to check out the castle more, but I don't want you in trouble with your dad, so... how about we take a walk through nature and you tell me about the plants and animals here. Is that okay? So homecoming.... let's see, the guy only took me as a pity date, I brought cupcakes and cookies that where the school colors and mascot. He said hey tasted like cardboard and piss, then he dragged me away from everyone and stuck his tongue in my mouth so yeah, I pulled out the Spade I had in my clutch and whacked him one good. I thought I saw him the other day. He has a tattoo where the scar was in the same shape. I didn't just break his jaw, but the metal cut his skin too. Says he got it in a fight with a Hell's Angel, one of the biker gangs on earth. I laughed and corrected him to hurt his ego again. So, what did you say when I was holding the baby?" She asked tilting her head.

"Yes!" Liv exclaimed, following him out and pulling herself onto his back. Wriggling around until she was comfortable, Liv leaned forward. "Whenever you're ready. I'm so excited!"

~ ~ ~

We can wander around the castle, if you want. My father has began to... acknowledge the fact that you may be the future queen." Zahar didn't mention that acknowledging only came after punishment and being told that women of his own race were much more suitable. "He is in meetings all day anyways. It is doubtful we will run into him. Though a walk does sound like fun." He chuckled at her story. "Only you, Rose," He said, shaking his head. "Early, you said you wished for a large family. I said I wouldn't mind, someday."

He snorted and pushed into the air taking off and spinning once over the town before heading to the mountains. Brother! You dare let a mortal ride you? Have you no honor?" Roared a massive blue and black Dragon that looked like a waverin, with no front arms, only the wings, a spiked tail and strong legs with large sharp claws. Another one flew behind him, having sets of wings and a fin on his tail. It was long and serpentine, no limbs and clearly built for the water. He was a light grey and white color like a shark.

Hold on." He said softly before pivoting in the air and took a deep breath shooting a column of white hot flames that could be felt on his back. He then dove down to the top of the trees where his brother dared not to flame at him, and beat his wings spines lowering to streamline him. He was faster than any rollercoaster ride on earth. A twist of his tail, he shot up skimming a cliff where his brother slamed into it. It was then it can be seen how little he was to his siblings. The blue waverin was five times his size.

------

She blushed brightly. "I would like that someday.. okay then the castle first. You can show me a little more then we can walk in the forest. Acknowledging isn't the same as accepting though. Does he not like me?"

((I take it you meant wyvern, not waverin? tongue.gif))

"I take it those are your brothers?" Liv asked him, clinging on and bending down to give him more speed as he shot through the air. The white hot fire he breathed prickled uncomfortably against her face, a bit hotter than she liked. Liv gulped air when she could, the speed yanking the air from her lungs and leaving her breathless. "Your brothers are huge!" She panted, seeming to have more fun than probably acceptable. At the same time - Liv did love adventure and the danger that came with it. "I don't think they like me very much!"

~ ~ ~

"Your wish is my command," Zahar said, kissing her gently before starting the car. "The castle it is then." He sighed, running a hand through his hair as he drove. "No, of course not, it's not you. With most people, he's okay. He just... hates me. And anything that brings me happiness. We have a complicated relationship."

"I don't think so either! He said and dove down into a crevice too small for his brother to follow and with it, plunged into darkness. The only light was his glowing eyes, he had slowed down and glided. Then a speck of light grew ahead of them. A few more wing beats they were in a ruined temple and he landed on the vine strewn rocks. "This is it."

-----

"You don't have to explain. I understand. We'll avoid him okay?" She said softly taking his hand. "I can deal with acknowledgement."

((Yes, that, sorry.))

Liv let out a breath as Maklar dove into a place to small for his brothers to follow. She could hear their frustrated roars before they faded as he glided through the darkness. She squinted as a speck of light appeared, rapidly getting larger and taking form before Maklar landed in a ruined temple, something that must have once been grand but eventually fell into ruin after being lost or simply forgotten. "It's beautiful," She said softly, looking around in wonder. She slid off of his back, eyes round as she took everything in. Liv glanced back at him. "So, those were two of your brothers... they seem fun. I think they hate me now." She shrugged slightly. "Change back? That flying made me dizzy, I think I might fall over if I'm not careful," She said, grinning at him. "It was pretty fun, though. Of course, I'd be the one who thinks being chased by two angry dragüns would be fun..." Liv shrugged.

~ ~ ~

"Shouldn't be too hard," Zahar said. "Even if we run into you, he probably won't be outright rude. It's not exactly his style - except towards his son, it seems." The prince sneered slightly before letting out a breath and shaking his head. He lifted her hand, pressing a kiss to her fingers. "He's not always so bad. I guess he'll come around eventually," Zahar said, before adding "Hopefully" as an afterthought. "Not that I care what he thinks anyways." But he did - all his life all Zahar had ever tried to do was impress his father - perhaps earn his respect. Though he was fighting a losing battle as his father had held hatred towards his only son for far too long.

He did as he was told shifting back and moved towards her in case she collapsed. "I don't think it's that. They probably think of me less then they already do for letting you ride me like that. Actually, if we make it half a year, they'll be impressed. Males of my kind are.. hard to be mates with. We're a little bit.. overwhelming. At a half year, there's a big celebration if our chosen mate hasn't injured or killed her partner yet..." He gave her sheepish grin. "Eh, I thought it was fun too. I said before, I'm still a little dragün. Not fully grown just yet. "

--------

"Let's change the subject. So you would want a big family too? I already have names picked out, of course it's herbs and spices but I'd like to know names of herbs here too so they don't all have human names. " she said looking at the nearing castle.

Liv laughed. "Yeah, that makes more sense. And I'm definitely not afraid to give you a good smack if you need it," She said to him, grinning. "I can only imagine how insane that celebration would be, " She told him with a snort, before smirking lightly at him. "Aww, my precious little dragün." She knew it would annoy him - that's why she did it. "When does my baby grow up?" She teased, before laughing. "Okay, okay, I'll stop. Seriously. Don't kill me for that," She game him her cutest eyes - the ones that ensures her brothers and father would let her get away with just about anything.

~

"I wouldn't mind one," Zahar said. "I grew up an only child, and a royal one at that. It got lonely after a while. All of the kids were too afraid to talk to me." He chuckled, puling the car back into Maklar's garage. "I need to pick up my ship, we'll take that back to the castle." He opened Rose's door, leading her back to the hangar and lifting a hand to one of Maklar's brothers as he passed. Zahar noticed that the massive dragün looked less than pleased. "Moving right along," Zahar said, urging Rose onto his ship. "His brother seems to be in a mood. Anyways - you seem to have put some thought into names. I'll lend you a book sometime. What are some of the names?"

"I won't be fully grown until I'm around thirty. ...... ....." He fell silent mesmerized by her eyes. "Why would I be angry at you, I liked it when you call me yours..." He pulled her against him. "Have I told you that your eyes are like starlight?" He muttered softly his forehead against hers. "Can I kiss you?" He asked softly, golden eyes gazing into hers as he purred loudly.

---

"Let's see, Basil, Artemisia, ginger, Galangal, Hyssop, jiaogulan, juniper and Jasmine, Saffron, Sage, Tarragon, Rue and then lastly Za'atar. The last one sounds more like the names of people here. Those are all herbs and spices that haven't been used in our family, well, Basil and Jasmine where my grandma's name and great grandma's name but it hasn't been used in a while." She explained. " Do you like any of them?" She got into the ship.

"So you still have a bit to go then..." Liv trailed off as she realized she had called him hers not once, but twice. She blushed, heart pounding at his closeness. His breath was warm against her face, and she smiled slightly. "I do believe you have," She told him, swallowing. He wanted to kiss her? No boy had ever wanted to kiss her before besides Zeke, but he didn't count. "Yes," She breathed out, leaning close enough to press her lips against his in a gentle kiss.

~

"Wow," Zahar said, not bothering to strap himself in. He rarely did, which greatly displeased Maklar even though there wasn't much the dragun could do about it. "You have put a great deal of thought into it," He said, sounding impressed. "Juniper is pretty. And the last one, of course, is a bit more similar to our names but still sounds a little human. I'll get you a book with our herbs, I'm sure you'll love having to figure out how to pronounce some of them," He laughed. "Even I have trouble sometimes, and I live here! Of course, I blame it on the draguns, they feel the need to have a complicated name for everything..." Shrugging, he lifted off as soon as Rose was seated. "I suppose we can consider it later, when it's actually, you know, of pertinence," He said, sounding slightly awkward. "It shouldn't take us long to get back to the castle."

He kissed her back, hand lightly stoking her check. After a long moment he pulled away and hiccups a heart shaped cloud of smoke. "Feel free to kiss me any time... I wouldn't mind it at all..." He held her tightly. "I love you to the end of time and beyond Olivia Henderson." He said softly to her.

---

"I'd probably butcher the pronunciation but I'd love that. I have juniper growing in my garden. It's a very pretty plant will sweet smelling flowers. Some also produce berries too. Maybe I should make a juniper tart for you one day." She grinned as they landed in the castle hanger. "Later than on our discussion. Although, fyi, human women think about that kind of stuff all the time. Their wedding day, baby names how many kids they want. I bet if you ask liv she'd have that all planned too. No matter how tomboyish one is, we always dream of the important things that might happen to us. "

"Duly noted," Liv said, resting her head against his chest. She blushed deeply and smiled up at him, eyes bright. "I love you too," She said, beaming. Liv glanced up at him. "So, uh... what do you want to do now? Want to show me around?" She asked him, kissing his cheek and leaning back in his arms to look up at him. "It's really pretty down here."

~

"Juniper tart... mmm..." Zahar said. "Sounds delicious. You'll have to do that. Wait, really?" He said incredulously. "Women think about that a lot? Huh," He said, leading her off the ship. "Interesting. Is there anything in particular that you'd like to see?"

"There's a little water fall over there. And if you climb up the top of that temple you can see the entire valley. Or we can head back and meet my brothers again...." He grinned at her taking her hand in his. "The choice is up to you."

-------

"The ball room if we can. The courtyard and you mentioned a garden? Can we see those places please?" She asked him batting her eyes at him.

"You know, I think I'll pass on seeing your brothers again," Liv told him with a grin. "Let's go see that waterfall, it sounds pretty amazing," She said. "I don't think your brothers would be very happy to see me again. They didn't seem pleased the first time. Probably best to let them cool off for a bit," She said thoughtfully, smiling slightly. "Now, where's this waterfall? We can climb up to the top of the temple after we see it."

~

"Yes, we can see those," Zahar said, caving immediately. How was he supposed to say no to that look, anyways? "We can head to the ballroom first, it's on the way to the courtyard." He told her, leading her down the different hallways and greeting most of the guards on duty by name. He nodded at two of the guards that pushed open the doors to the ballroom, and, cape fluttering slightly at his heels behind him, lead Rose into an empty, elaborate room with a towering ceiling made of green and brown stained glass and a slick polished floor, clean enough to see a reflection in. "This is the ballroom. Magnificent, isn't it?"

"Its over here. " He lead her too a smooth cliff face that makes up the rest of the mountain. A slim trickle of water slid down the rock and into a mossy pool. "This is it. Not much of a waterfall but I like it. Well, looking at it." He added.

---

"Wow!" She giggled and spun in a circle then looked at Zahar with a grin. She started to sing The Voice by Celtic woman grabbing his hands and dragging him out into a dance with her. She laughed as she spun him around for a moment before stopping. "One day you have to teach me how your people dance! I love the town, the people, this palace... to know a place where there is no wars is in the universe. This place is like a paradise to me. Teach me a dance please, I promise I'm a fast learner!" She grinned at him brightly.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I'm sorry, we've been prepping and traveling for the holidays. Back now though, can't say how frequent I'll be posting though since I'm in with family.))

"It's more of like..." Liv waved her hands a little bit. "Like a stream... thing. I dunno. My waterfall is a bit better, though, eh?" She asked him, grinning. "But you guys have better wildlife." She grabbed his hands, tugging him back down. "Let's go see the valley! I can climb up myself, I think, but you should probably follow behind, just in case," She said, shrugging. "It may be slick."

~

"Of course I'll teach you how we dance, just follow my lead. It's an activity I quite enjoy, actually... as long as they aren't courtship balls." He snorted, leading her in a light but elaborate waltz, twirling her and dipping her, pressing a kiss to her nose. "It's not exactly a place with no wars - there are skirmishes, but there was a time when we and the dragun were just as divided among each other as humans are." He smiled, twirling her again. "At least somebody finds it to be paradise. Living in the palace isn't as... glamorous as you might think."

((It's o.k.! Family is important))

He nodded. "This one splashes less though. Yes, it is quite slick." He lead her back to the pyramid and followed her up as she claimed. Any time she slipped he'd support her foot or told her to be careful as they made it to the top.

---

She stumbled a few times before she got the steps down. "Skirmishes are nothing compared to my world's issues. As for the courtship balls.... Your father is really pushy when it comes to you and marriage it seems. One can't rush love. " She kissed his chin. "I know it isn't easy for you... you don't need to say anything."

"True," Liv mused. "I can understand how that's a perk for you," She said, scaling the slick pyramid with relative ease, only slipping twice. Both times he steadied her and worriedly cautioned her to be careful. "I'm fine, Mak, calm down." She said as she reached the top. "Besides, I've got you looking after me, nothing will happen," Liv assured him, grabbing his hand and staring out at the landscape. "It's so beautiful," She breathed. "We're definitely going hiking through it sometime. You know that, right?" She asked, glancing up at him with awe sparkling in her pale eyes.

~

"Hmm, I suppose so," Zahar agreed, steadying her easily when she stumbled. "He is pushy, yes, but with good reason. Not for my happiness, of course, but because of the fact that it is necessary for me to pick a queen to continue the royal line," He explained. "My choice certainly won't appease him, as he would prefer me to marry within my own species, or at least a dragun, but I don't think the people will mind." He shrugged slightly, smiling at her. "Fortunately, there are no arranged marriages as we only have one government for our people. We are fortunate that the dragun follow without complaint, and despite his faults, my father is a fair leader. It is one of the few respects I wish to be like him." His lips quirked upwards, though there was no true happiness behind it. "Nothing about life is easy. That is life. It is only fair that you learn about my life, though... not now. Later, where it is more private." He nodded towards a guard by the door.