Polar

Extraterrestrial

((alright.))

After the talk Rose brought the two plates of food to Queenie and Frostborn, queen seeming to calm down a bit. "Here, I saved these for you. After you eat we'll play in the snow okay?!" She said with a grin and went back out of the wind.

After a long moment of silence ice queen took the plate handed to her then looked at Frostborn. "I do see it as a mark of shame, for I, the Dragun Queen's first hatched daughter froze in horror, however the power it grants me enshured my instincts are truly primal and instincts act where the mind halts. It will take me a while to see it your way. Although, I truly hate hiding it. A constant frost over it and the heat at the kingdom is unbearable at times I mostly hide in the freezer I made my room. Unlike your kind, I don't die in the heat, just get drained quickly, dizzy and faint spells if exposed too long. I like your planet, however if I ever get a mate, he would not like to live there. Fire and water draguns are more common ice, earth, metal and air. Durga and humans are much too fragile for my enhanced strength to consider them as partners. I nearly crushed my father's hand once by accedent as a child." She tore into the meat, ripping a chunk and swallowing it without chewing. "I'm certain the prince would speak to me about my Mark anyway."

----

Maklar pulled a empty paper twords him and wrote some rune like markings and English words of his and her family names as well as Zahar's and Rose's names. "On it. That about fifteen or sixteen just my family members alone without their spouses. Eighteen with Zahar and Rose. I think most of my family wouldn't mind being further away or just attending the reception, they've already seen us wed and some wouldn't be interested in seeing it again. Actually, only fire breathers prefer really spicy food. Most like human cuisine called Tai. " He explained.

Moon smiled softly and shook her head. "I'll explain later. It's complicated and we're planning a wedding now. I'll let you know at dinner. " She said and tilted her head. "Lilly what is for dinner tonight? Do you need to get more ingredients?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Been babysitting all day, bleh. I guess after this interacting between Frostborn and Queenie finishes up we can skip to the snow playing scene))

"Thank you, Lady Rose," Frostborn said, taking the offered plate and inclining his head towards her. "You are too kind. When we hold a snowball fight, you can join my team." He grinned toothily. "I never lose."

Frostborn ripped into a piece of meat, chewing thoughtfully as he absorbed her words. He swallowed his bite before speaking. "Perhaps, but you were still a child. Excuse me for not judging you too harshly." He quickly polished off the rest of the meat before continuing. "Should you choose, you are always welcome on Zeta Crystallis. As fellow shifters, Draguns are always respected, and you have the Mark. You would fit in easily." His amber eyes shone with mischief at her mention of mates. "Perhaps you should look outside those species or your own, then. The Canis Glacius have never been opposed to interbreeding despite the rarity of it. You'd find no shortage of males willing to vye for the hand of a dragun with the Mark." He finished off the rest of the food and let out a barked laugh. "I do not think the prince will be so severe on you. It is clear he respects you a great deal. And I know enough of Derga law to know that they cannot prosecute you for something that happened when you were still so young. If they did, we would likely step in. We've done so before among other species - the Mark is outlawed by most everyone, as you well know, and such cases happen more often than you might think."

~

"We can't leave out spouses," Liv said. "That doubles the number, then, to around thirty-four including Zahar and Rose. Make a separate list of those that will actually want to attend our wedding. We can seat some of them a little further away to allow my human family to be able to see and hear what's going on." She nodded and scribbled down the information about food. "Oh! Okay, well that makes things much easier. I'm pretty sure Dad knows of a good Thai place, I don't remember the name of it. We'll have to see if they cater."
"I think they do," Jackson said. "I know the place you're talking about. I think I saw a sign about it once, or a flyer, or something. Hmm..."
"We'll be honeymooning off-world, right?" Liv asked. "We'll need to make sure my family can get in touch with me. Something like the communication device you gave me. Do you think my cell phone could be rigged to pick up calls from Earth even if I'm not on Earth?"

"Alright," Jason agreed easily. "We can go for a walk and talk about it. I can show you where they're planning on holding the wedding so you can get an idea of what will need to be done. It should still be light out then."
Lilly beamed at Moon. "I'll be making Italian after a little while longer, I've already got the chicken unthawing. I've got everything I need unless you have suggestions for additional herbs or spices."

Rose giggled and nodded. "You can show me how to make a snowball!" She then dashed back inside and to Zahar. "I'm really excited! We're gonna play in the snow! We're gonna play in the snow!" She started singing bouncing around. "Oh did we bring gloves?" She asked nobody in particular. She was like a little kid now, her poised composure now gone as she slipped around the cave talking about snowmen and snow angels and snowball fights along with sledding then looked crestfallen. "We didn't bring a sled..."

"Really? Maybe I'll have to hold a massive snowball fight and marry the winner. He has to be willing to live my ridiculously long life span though." She said as she finished and took the plate from him. "I can make one of ice lady Rose. No worries." She said with a smile.

---

"Yes, I'm thinking about settling in our house on Faris before going to the resort on Ryuu. You can move in your things so we can be ready to live there after you get done with your vetranary degree. Oh and he printing the money didn't work out, Rose kept seeing things that would be red flags for the banks so she came up with a different idea to make money. She made a website selling my windows, the wood things made by Moon, wind chimes from Wind, and various other things. We've been selling for a few weeks but already made eight thousand dollars and I have a commission coming from three churches who want my work. It's not much, but it's more legal than printing and Rose seems happy about that. Oh! And six of big blue's rings sold too I just need to ship them from California. We're basing our operations from California at Rose's place. " He said with a grin. "It could in theory however it would be a rough day or two before you receive any information. I can set up a cominicator or we can leave one of those journals we received to talk to your family so we don't have to worry about time differences. You can write about your day."

Moon got up and headed over looking at the spices. "baking soda helps make the sauce less asitic, and we should make garlic bread. Really garlicky bread." She said washing her hands. "Can I help you make it? I want to be able to cook human meals. I have a feeling they'll come in handy." She smiled kindly with a knowing glint in her eyes. 

((I've been working on this all afternoon but kept getting interrupted... ugh))

Zahar laughed at Rose's enthusiasm. "Yes, we brought gloves, I believe they're still on the ship if one of the guards would be so kind as to run and fetch them."
"Certainly, Prince," said one, bowing briefly before leaving the cave. 
Outside, Frostborn laughed loudly; it was a warm, friendly sound. "If a snowball fight is your challenge of choice, then I hope you have enjoyed speaking with your future husband." Grinning, he shrugged off the rock face he had been leaning against and shifted in one smooth motion, bounding forward into the snow as those that were in the cave emerged.
"This far north stays snowy most of the year regardless," Zahar said. "I can take you back here again sometime. Perhaps put a vacation home somewhere nearby," he pondered. 
"No better place for a vacation home than the cold, if you ask me," Alpha Squall said cheerfully, watching Frostborn as he charged through the snow, nipping playfully at a few of his packmates who had shifted and were running lightly on the top.
"Some may suggest the beach as a better option," Zahar said, grinning as he too watched the wolves. For such large creatures they were very light on their feet, treading on top of the snow rather than sinking into it. 
The guard sent for gloves returned, offering the two pairs to him. "The gloves as requested, Prince Zahar."
"Thank you," he said, taking them and offering a pair to Rose. "What would you like to do first?"

~

((we can write about Liv and her college adventures :O ))

Liv suddenly shot off of his lap. "Oh! Speaking of- hold on." She dashed out of the room, taking the stairs two at a time to grab a bulky letter from her nightstand before bolting back down, skidding back into the kitchen. "I almost forgot to tell you. I got accepted to the biology program at the University of Georgia! Once I finish my bachelor's I can apply for their veterinary school." She set the acceptance packet on the counter before returning to her previous spot on Maklar's lap. She beamed at his explanation of how they were now making money. "Oh, that's wonderful! It's a very good idea, you're all so talented. Rose will make a good queen someday," she said.
"We can figure out communication some other time. It'll have to be something that works for everyone. The journals could be good, almost like texting, but it's not the same as talking on the phone or voice chatting."

Lilly smiled at Moon. "Sure, we can make some garlic bread. You're more than free to help if you'd like. Liv can cook to survive but she much prefers bringing food home to actually preparing it. If you want to learn more after today, you can come by whenever you'd like and I'd be happy to teach you. Liv can cook to survive, but she much prefers bringing food home to actually preparing it. It'll be nice to have someone around who actually wants to learn."
"I can cook," Liv protested.
"Yes, I know. But you don't particularly enjoy it," Lilly said.
Liv shrugged. "Yeah, you have me there. Jared's the cook of the family."
"Dang right," Jared said, grinning lazily. "Picked it up on my own, though, once I moved out. Jase wouldn't have survived without me."
"I would have survived, it just would have been on ramen," Jason said, laughing. "Maybe not even ramen. I could burn water, I swear."

Rose took the gloves thankfully and slipped them on her cold hands. She watched as the wolves played in the snow eager to join them she was bouncing on her toes.  She watched with fasination as ice queen shifted in a mini flurry her large lithe body slipping over the snow. She tucked her limbs close and slithered up behind a wolf using her antler to scoop snow and plop it over the wolf, then she roared throwing her head back with a laugh that sound like the joyous tones of Christmas Church bells. Planting her feet in the snow, she swept her tail making a flat area with snow at least calf deep for the non shifters to join in the fun. 

Rose dashed to this new spot and flopped on her back laughing as she waved her arms and legs making her first snow angel ever. "Best. Thing. Ever!"

-----

"I had no doubt you'll make it in. I can give you some books on Dragun anatomy as well so you can get better prepared for living in Faris. My wife may be able to cure Arax flu someday." He proudly beemed. He chuckled at Lilly's comment about Liv cooking, or lack there of. "Don't worry Ama, all men learn to cook for their future wives when they ten in my culture. I'll make sure she's well fed and healthy. " He kissed Liv on the cheek and held her close. 

Moon giggled at the family raging on each other and smiled shyly. "Exactly. I will take you up on that offer. I know how to cook, but human dishes and the stuff we eat or rather, the things we can put in our stomachs would cause you to get sick. Raw chicken for example, or it being so burned it's a lump of coal." She said pointedly looking at her brother at the last part. "Types of fish that are toxic in high doses like blowfish mean nothing to us. My favorite is steamed shiitake mushrooms stuffed with garlic and cheese in a sheep's stomach, seared in mushroom gravy and topped with raw crab meat and potatoes. Meanwhile Wind enjoys deep fried blowfish with grilled sweet onions and yams. Gold is just a living trash bin, ergo the burnt chicken."

"I was trying to burn off the feathers, and I was three months old. " He grumbled. "Took me a while to adjust the intensity of my flame to where everything wasn't burnt." 

"But that's beside the point. I plan on living here for a little bit and learn more about your world and how it works. You see I'm a rare dragun, well all dragun are considered rare but out of eight thousand in the universe, only six of my type live at one given time. When one dies, another one is immediately reborn as one right after the previous one breathed their last. We are reincarnated. We are called chameleon dracuns. Watch..." She smiled and closed her eyes taking a deep breath. 

As Moon inhaled, her pale pink skin darkened and turned a Georgian tanned color, her hair changed from emerald green to a soft mouse brown. When she exhaled and opened her eyes, her eyes where still the vibrant emerald green. "Chameleons are used as diplomats for we can blend into the population of the hoast planet. Our anatomy, teeth eyes and gum color remain the same but I can even change my blood color to blend in better and chameleons have a higher success rate for mammalian births without dieing. However this leads to a point where Jason comes in." She blushed, instead of yellow she turned pink. "I am a reincarnation of my late great-grandmother who was a chameleon. And because we believe mates are two halves of one soul..... Well, the exact moment I hatched from the egg, my great grandma and great grandpa both breathed their last.... Jason is the reincarnation of great grandpa. So the black out thing, you breaking your collar bone at fourteen, and then when you felt immense pain in your leg at eight, and then in your wrist like you had broken it three years ago but nothing was wrong..." She stopped and looked at her feet. "That's what two hundred sixty three and a half years of marriage would be, and before that five hundred twenty seven years of marriage would do if a bond is cut, re-sown and cut again feels like. Even when we haven't ment, because of our previous lives, we still carry a bit of each other's souls within us. We feel each other's pain even when we are light-years apart. "

Zahar grinned watching her, pulling on his own gloves and scooping up some snow, carefully packing it into a snowball. He lobbed it with considerable force at Ice Queen, who had just dumped snow on one of Frostborn's companions. Frostborn streaked by, the black markings on his fur a stark contrast to the snow, and threw himself into one of the largest snowdrifts, throwing snow over all those nearby, including Ice Queen. He darted off before his victims could retaliate.
Laughing, Zahar followed Rose into the calf-deep snow. "Pretty great, right? Watch this." Scooping up another snowball, bigger this time, he threw it at Falrin, who yelped, cursing, and dove out of the way. The snowball followed him like a tracking missile, smacking into his back.
"Just because I no longer train you, Zahar, doesn't mean I can't best you," Falrin exclaimed, pushing himself up and ruffling the snow out of his hair.
"Bring it on," Zahar said. He glanced down at Rose. "Care to join in? Falrin's quite the opponent."
Sensing the challenge, several of the wolves, including Frostborn, shifted back into their human forms. "Snowball fight!" Frostborn bellowed, ducking out of the way of two snowballs and throwing three more that he had formed so quickly they seemed to have appeared from nothing.

~

"Thanks, Mak," Liv said, grinning. "I'm glad I'll have someone to make sure I don't starve between all the studying." She started giggling as Moon teased Maklar. "I prefer my chicken not burned," she said, kissing his cheek. "But I did serve as a taste tester for Jared back when he was still experimenting with cooking, so I'd like to think I could survive anything."
"Words hurt, Liv," Jared said, placing a hand over his heart. "I thought you loved me."
"I do love you. What I didn't love were some of your early cooking attempts," Liv said, snickering at his affronted expression. They ceased any more playful bickering as they listened to Moon.
There was a collective gasp as Moon changed her appearance. Jared's jaw had actually dropped in his shock.
"So we're... soulmates?" Jason asked slowly. "That explains a lot, actually."
"Explains why he never shuts up about you," Jared said, grinning widely. 
Jason grinned back. "Guilty as charged. Can we talk more later in private?" he asked Moon.
Liv beamed. "I'm so happy for you guys! Wind, you knew- Mak, did you know, too?"

Rose scooped up snow, not even bothering to form it into a ball as she whitewashed her fiancee and stumbled over to Frostborn. "Nope I'm on Frostborn's team! He always wins and I'm a sore looser! " She laughed and lobbed a few sloppy snowballs at the others. 

Ice queen huffed when she got hit with a few of them, opting to shift to a more agile and slimmer target as a human and also threw snowballs with such accuracy they might has been a target on everyone's back, and she threw the largest at Frostborn. She dodged and ran to Zahar's side, shoving up a mound of snow to make a wall. "Don't worry your majesty I'll be on your team." She lobbed another snowball this time at Rose hitting her square in he face making the other girl fall on her butt laughing as she shook the snow off.

---

"Not him specifically but I had an idea she had one. It didn't click until he mentioned his black out. " He said softly. "Now enough of that, it's good news and all but let's discuss wedding. Theme? Colors?" He said tilting his head. "I would like to plan our wedding. Wait, we decided on gold and purple and fantasy theme." He said softly remembering and writing it down. "Tai food, got the set up and place, time, people... Did we really just plan out our wedding day in a few minutes? Hmm, by my understanding though we have invitations to make and send, dresses and tuxedos to find, cake to choose and music oh! Music! There's a thing called a first dance, I'd like to dance to moonflower by a band called Santana I think. It's fitting and relaxing. Lady Rose was listening to it the other day. I liked it." He paused. "Wait ring bearer? I thought we were going to use the bind rope replica in stead of the rings. I don't want you to take yours off and you gave me the necklace, that became the token sign of my marriage at the binding." He said softly lifting the necklace she had made him he still wore all the time. 

Moon nodded at Jason's comment about speaking later. "while we clean the brush we'll talk." She smiled and went back to helping Lily start a dinner. 

((I'm alive, hello! :D))

Zahar wiped snow off his face, sputtering. "My own fiancee!" He exclaimed, laughing. His telekinetic abilities gave him a distinct advantage in warding off other attacks and he grinned as Ice Queen joined him. "Let's show them how it's done, eh?" 

"I'd call your fancy ability cheating, but I've always enjoyed a challenge!" Frostborn shouted, lithely dodging snowballs that pelted at him from all directions. His mark was glowing slightly, giving him and advantage. "Make us a wall and then try to take out that pesky fiance of yours!" he told Rose, making snowballs almost as fast as he was throwing them and hitting the other members of his pack with deadly precision. He had to duck quickly under the large snowball that Ice Queen had lobbed, almost hitting him in the face. "You're going to have to try harder than that!" Frostborn yelled, throwing snowballs under the telekinetic shield Zahar was using to pelt their legs.

~

Liv looked very much like she wanted to continue asking questions but refrained, turning back to the wedding planning as Maklar listed off their decisions aloud. "Well, we know what we want, but we still have to put it all together. That's the hard part. As for the song, I'll have Rose send it to me. But I trust it's as good as you say because she has good music taste." At his comment on ring bearers she groaned and rubbed her temples. "Right, right, I remember now. Between our wedding and Jackson's I can never keep anything straight."

((on my lunch break at work and I squealed seeing this post!))

"Let's." Ice queen grinned and used her own powers to make snowballs, the pale shirt now soked with snow and her own dark mark glowing. "Really Frostborn?  And your Mark is giving you a boost too so isn't that the same thing?" She peeked out of her wall. "I rule the icey wasteland!" She called with a laugh hucking a snowball at a member of his pack, knocking the wolf on his backside. "Oops..."

Rose grinned and used her body to shovel snow into a mound around them. Her engineer skills kicking in, making it sturdy and able to defend them on the ones with the hardest thows. "Done!" She said after a few minutes shaking snow from her hair with a grin. 

----

"It's alright. Ours would be a bit away from theirs so the family isn't coming up back to back. " He said softly. "I'll let her know. I don't know much about your music to really be able to make decisions on that part. " 

Moon stood up and put away the things. "I should go look at that brush before the sun sets. I'll be back in a moment." She said quietly and slipped out the door and seemed to melt into the forest. 

"I guess we'll just have to call it even, then!" Frostborn yelled back, ducking behind the wall that Rose was making. He laughed loudly as one of his pack members was knocked on his butt. "Snowrunner, I thought you were better than that!"
"She's got something of an advantage!" Snowrunner retorted, rolling out of the way of a barrage of snowballs from the others and hurling a snowball back towards Ice Queen.
"Good work," Frostborn said, giving her an approving nod. He poked his head above the wall, ducking quickly when Zahar shot several snowballs his way. "Now about that fiancé of yours... how would you feel about dumping a load of snow on his head?"

"Nice one," Zahar said, throwing snowballs at Frostborn and Rose's wall. The snowball fight had organized itself into two teams - Ice Queen versus Frostborn. "Any ideas on how to take them down?" he asked, using his telekinesis and waving away snowballs that sailed in their direction.

~

"That will be good, at least. Though I'm sure there are a few that would rather us get married the same day so they'd only have to make one trip," Liv laughed.
Jackson chuckled too. "Well, they can keep dreaming. Besides, Hope and I are having our ceremony indoors. It'll be cooler. Plus, no bugs."
"That is the one big benefit," Liv agreed. "We have plenty of time to figure everything out, that's the good thing."

"I'll go with you!" Jason exclaimed, grabbing a flashlight by the door as he scrambled after her. "Make sure you don't get lost and stuff." He pretended not to hear Liv and Jared snickering from behind him as he followed Moon out the door.

"Absolutely!" Rose grinned attempting to form a snowball. "First thing though, could the master show his student how to make a snowball? Throwing one is easy, I played catch with my dad and baseball with the service men but this stuff crumbles so easily." She said lobbing a ball only for it to fall apart halfway to Queenie and her fiance. "I won't be much help otherwise. Besides he'd forgive me after this if I give him the fudge I made and a kiss. Queenie on the other hand seems to be one that'll hold a grudge. " She said using one of the premade snowballs and hucked it at Zahar as he was busy blocking the other snowballs. It still hit his forcefield but it was at least close enough to get some snow on him. She covered her mouth with her gloves giggling and ducked under the wall again. 

"Well for one thing, im sure you don't want a Rose-sickle, which she will be if she remains in the cold like this. The advisor insisted on the dress not having sleeves and backless, and my fur coat can keep one warm if it wasn't so soaked like it is now. So to finish this quickly here's the plan. I can tunnel under the snow while you distract them with a barrage of snowballs. I'll pop up behind them, pin Frostborn. The game will end then. " She said. She was surprised that the other zata cristli didn't notice that the future queen of rasabol was trembling in the cold and her lips losing their pink hue turning blue. Queen suspected that Rose didn't realize this herself, ignoring her own body in exchange for fun. Ending this quickly is the best way, although the poor thing would still get a fever from this. Better a fever then frostbite. 

-----

"If insects are an issue, we can put out insect repellent my family uses. They are made in disks and don't really have a smell to humans. We can hook them on the light strings. " Maklar offered. "And I'd like to get to know some of your family before our own wedding so I know what to expect. I should have done the same with mine, but the extended family is usually busy and my main family is so big meeting them would be enough..." He added sheepishly. 

Wind snickered as well as Jason followed her sister out. "What would be absolutely hilarious is if Ty discovers his mate in your family." She looked over at Jared. "Sooo, I hear you have a scar. Unlike our Durgen hosts, the dragun don't see scars as a weakness if not earned in battle. It just means you are stronger then the things that tried to hurt you. I myself have a few scars among my markings that tell my life story. As to where they are, well, only my mate will know that, but I'll tell you one of my favorite stories about a scar of mine if you tell me about the scar you have. Liv told me it's quite the tale." She said getting up. "But let's move away so we don't bother their planning." She sat on the couch relaxing and waiting for him to join her. 

Moon smiled at his thoughtfulness, although her brother provided her with a map he drew himself, and here on her element of earth, she can feel the layout of any land she stands on as long as she is barefoot, which she was. However she thought it rude to mention that to him. "Thank you. While we walk... You wanted to talk yes? You have questions for me?" She said playing with a strand of her hair, twisting the green lock around her finger as she walked in the direction of the waterfall, her speech reverting back to the semi-broken English as she grew nervous a bit.