Polar

Extraterrestrial

"It's a family art. Now hush boy the movie is at a good part!" She quieted him and watched the part where the party entered rivendel and she took a big bite of cake after mouthing the lines of the movie. She remained quite until the mines of moria when the door bell rang. "Hide!" She hissed at him and peeked out the door's peephole. After that she slipped over to his hiding spot. "It's my mother...." she whispered shakaly.

------------

"Oh yeah, like a red skinned man with gold glowing eyes and a blue mouth isn't already a dead giveaway. When where you going to tell her anyway? I apologize for my bluntness, however today is too important to me for tip toeing around your unknowingness. Yes, I'll be staying for dinner, and a bit after. Are the other three on their way home yet?" He asked getting up and setting Liv on her feet. "I need to talk to you Jack and the others when they get home. " he said softly walking over to him and looking curiously at the fizzy drink. "What's that?" He asked tilting his head. "Never mind, it smells weird, " he stepped back and wandered to the living room where he started to pace.

"And I suddenly feel restless. " he signed. "Curse this place, I can't fly here." He flexed his hand. "Haven't been this on edge since I got that call from you Liv. I feel like I'm forgetting something important........" he said scratching his chin like a dog with his hand. "Oh! " Mäklär looked at her family. "Prince Zahar's birthday is coming up. I got permission to bring friends from earth. I was wondering if you all would like to go. He's coming of age, so it's a huge celebration. You'll get to meet my elder sisters and pitch the eldest brother who would love to meet you and your family. And the egg hatched two days after you visited Liv so be prepared to see my little niece! She's adorable and has white and deep purple scales with these big robin egg blue eyes it's so pretty! My twin won't be there. Ma found out what happened and sent her to Ryuu. She must say there in solitary for a year. It's formal but you don't have to wear a dress. A pant suit would be fine or a nice skirt. I'm sure if you find one long enough, you can hide your boots under it. " he gave them a crooked smile.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Sorry," Zahar apologized, flicking his bowl over to the sink with a hand once he was done. He was engrossed until the the doorbell rang. He scramble for a hiding spot, crouching behind a counter. "Whoa, relax," Zahar soothed in a whisper. "It'll be alright, but she probably already knows you're here. Just answer the door, I'm right here. I have a prototype illusion caster I had an engineer to work on that will make my skin a different color. It still flickers a little but it does what it needs to. I'll still stay out of sight unless you need me." He kissed her forehead in comfort and moved into the pantry. "I'll be right here."

~

"It would have ended up being today, considering you're here," Jackson said with a roll of his eyes. "I figured it'd be easier - seeing is believing, after all." He chuckled at the dragün. "It's soda, a common drink on our planet. Not at all healthy, but good."

Liv followed Maklar into the living room, sensing his restlessness. She grabbed his arm to halt his pacing, looking up at him. "You alright? You seem on edge. I can feel it." She realized after his soft complaint what was bothering him. "How long has it been since you shifted?"

Lilly poked her head out at his invitation. "That sounds like fun, Maklar. Let us know the date so I know to keep the day free," She said.

Liv chuckled at his comment. "I'd love to go, I'm sure the rest will too. And you know me, I can't go anywhere without my boots."

She nodded with a whimper and went to the door, rubbing her sweaty palms on her pjs and unlocked the door after taking a deep breath. She yelped as the door swings open and the flaming red headed woman trotted on her foot when she waltzed inside.

"About time you answered the door you pathetic girl. Ugh, this place is still tacky. Gather your things, you're coming with me." Her voice was loud, and she looked like she had a lot of plastic surgery done. Her face was pulled too tight, chest too big and perky, and her butt too. She had on a mink fur coat, bright red prada heels, and a low cut leopard print cocktail dresses on. And she called this place tacky dressed like that.

Rose said nothing, but just stood there.

"Are you deaf? I said get your things! We're leaving, go on get going, and put on something sexy okay?" The woman huffed.

"No. " Rose said softly. "Excuse me?!" The woman snarled. "I said no. N.O. No. I'm not going anywhere with you." Rose said louder looking towards the kitchen.

"I am your mother, and you'll do what I say pathetic girl! You're useless on your own, you can't even finish college or even pay for your father's treatments. You will come with me or else up won't pay a single sent towards that ungrateful son of a censorkip.gif treatments!" She yelled. "I got custody of you now! Everyone knows you are mentally unstable and can't handle your money, so I got the papers to be your manager so get your things and get in the car you ungrateful wretch!"

For the first time in her life, Rosemary raised her voice. "I'm doing just fine Miranda! I don't need to finish college, and I have held down more jobs than you have without subjecting myself to the whims of men like you do. This is my home, I am a valid Victorian, with an IQ number bigger then your cup size plus the amount of surgeries you had an definitely not mentally unstable unlike you. I am better at budgeting than dad was, and have filed taxes for him since I was ten. You will not manage me Margaret. So take that big plastic butt of yours and leave before I pop it with my Beebe gun!" That felt nice to say that. That was, until a loud whack sounded and she was on the floor, ear ringing from getting slapped so hard a handprint painted her pale cheek an angry whelt red.

---------

"Shifting has little to do with it. The last time I flew was when you visited rasabol. I have to shift to breathe fire into the forge, especially with the.... the... ah....." he couldn't lie about the ring and call it a sword, or armor. And he didn't want to give away the ring he had just yet. After all, he wanted it to be a surprise for everyone (except Lilly whom he showed it to) and for it to be done right. "Project I was working on. After all, my flame is hotter then the two suns combined... so what better way to melt metal quickly?" He smiled slightly. "The date would be four weeks from today earth time I believe. Oh.. let's see, his birthday is a week away on my planet and the celebration happens a week after that... been gone for a week, but you said it was two...." he muttered to himself counting on his fingers looking like he was having a hard time with the math. "Yeah.. four weeks here. " he nodded looking at Lilly.

"The exact date here I don't know what that would be. Prince Zahar is better at math and science then I am. I'm more of a philosophy, astrology and geology person. I'll call Liv on her hallo phone once I have the exact date and time I'll be coming to pick you guys up. You can come too hope. By then you would've probably gotten used to the idea of other life... if you want to that is....."

Zahar hid in the darkness of the pantry, fiddling with the disguise until he was able to get the right skin tone. "That's my girl," He whispered under his breath as Rose stood up to her mother, though he was out of the pantry in seconds when he heard the distinctive sound of a hard slap. He grabbed Rose's mother's wrist in an iron grip, all friendliness gone from his countenance. When he got angry - truly angry - he became more like his father than he liked to admit, eyes glittering with malice, cold and darker than before. "Touch her again and you will regret it," He said, voice low and dangerously quiet. "She is a legal adult, you have no rights to her anymore. This is her property, and I suggest you get off before I make you." He glanced down at Rose, eyes softening slightly at her appearance before narrowing and snapping back to the woman, eyes darker than before. When he spoke, his voice was filled with firm, chilling authority. It was a tone he rarely, if ever, used, cold and deadly. "Leave. Now."

~

Liv quirked an eyebrow as Maklar struggled to answer her question but decided not to pry - he would no doubt tell her eventually. "Ah, I understand. You need to take a good fly when you get back," She said with a grin. "Just let me know ASAP... not that I'll have anything going on. You wanna take Malachi for a walk with me? I need to stretch my legs."

"Yeah," Jackson said sarcastically. "Stretch your legs."

"Get your mind out of the gutter, you perv!" Liv said, rolling her eyes and smacking him on the back of the head as she passed. "It's just a walk. You okay, Hope?"

"Yes, just a lot to process," Hope said. "Incredible, but a lot to process. I won't tell anyone. No one would believe me anyways."

"Yeah, probably not," Jackson said. "Alien dragon-men? Honestly, if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it either."

"So, walk," Liv said, standing by the door where Malachi was standing eagerly after hearing the word. "You coming?"

Rosemary shivered at the sight of Zahar as such. His very tone turned her blood ice cold, yet at the same time, she knew that no matter what, he'd do everything in his power to protect her.

Miranda turned white and backed out of the house running to a car in the driveway. Hesitantly, rose stood up and took Zahar's hand. "T-thank you..." She said softly before jumping behind him when the car door slammed and a man that looked like a MMA heavyweight champion stalked up the driveway and into the house. "Who the Hell are you? If my girl wants her daughter, she'd take her daughter!" The man stalked up to the door, Miranda trailing behind him like a frightened puppy. Who are you to say otherwise? You're not her father, and not her brother. Who died and made you king?" He shouted. Rose didn't mean to, but she snorted at the last part. She stepped out from behind him. "I said leave!" She punched his chest..... then held her hand swearing up a storm. "What the Hell? Is your chest made of iron! F*** That hurt!" This only seemed to make the man even more mad.

-----

"Sure. A walk would definitely help. Yeah yeah,..." he looked at Jack with a raised eyebrow speaking lowly so only he can hear him. "Unlike you, Dragüns are chaste until marriage. Oh and we have a sense of smell keener then a dog's. Showering helps only a little. " he patted his shoulder and winks before following Liv outside. He took a deep breath of air. "Hmmmm, it's nice out. So Saratka how are things? Do you ever find anything interesting out here?" He asked bending over and picking up something shiny in the dirt, only to find out it was a bit of plastic and pocketed it so he could dispose of it properly. "Its a very big area. Is there anyplace we haven't explored together yet?" He asked, his sleepiness seemed to disappear from his eyes as he jogged ahead before turning around. "Your cave is north west that way a few hundred yards... um... waterfall is south east, so let's go north east okay?" He said pointing in the exact directions.

Zahar watched impassively as Rose's mother scurried out. He squeezed Rose's hand comfortingly. "No problem, love." His countenance shifted as a true threat loomed at the door, though Zahar did not look intimidated in the least at the sight of the man. His lip quirked upward slightly into a cold smirk at the irony of the man's question, and he pulled Rose back with a "Language, Rose" and an even deadlier look than before, pulling himself to his full height and crossing his arms. "I suggest you leave, unless you'd rather take this outside." He quirked an eyebrow. "Just know that if you try to touch me or Rose in any way, you will regret it. Muscle isn't everything," Zahar said shrewdly, examining the man with an unimpressed look. Even though Zahar was substantially slimmer, he radiated a quiet confidence that seemed to say that he had faced men like this before, and won.

~

Jackson turned scarlet, opening and closing his mouth before sending Maklar and glare and a scowl.

"Things are just fine, Mak. Pretty routine, like normal. Speaking of interesting things - I made you something. Well, Jason helped, but it was mostly me." She pulled out the necklace she had made him. "I hope you like it. There's a treehouse my brothers and I made when we were kids, if you wanna look at that. It's in the same general direction as where you pointed," She suggested.

The man popped his knuckles. "I'm not known to back down runt. You need to be taught a lesson for back talking. So why don't we take this outside?" He snarled.

"Zahar, don't, what if the cloaking device gets hit?" She muttered concerned still rubbing her sore hand. "This is why I hate my birthday...".. She said mostly to herself.

--------

Mäklär looked at the necklace with amazement. His cheeks turned a yellow color in a blush. "It's wonderful... thank you. The stone looks like a earth's moon stone..." he slipped it on and it rested on his chest. "A tree house? Okay, that's definitely a human thing. I want to see this tree house thing. Can we look for cool things along the way?" He asked, taking her hand and pulling her as he practiced along like a hyper little boy.

"If you insist," Zahar said calmly. "Don't worry, it'll be fine." He had had years of training experience with some of the most skilled warriors on his planet - beating one human man would be no problem. And with his telekinesis, he wouldn't even be hurt - it acted as a forcefield to deflect any hits. He walked leisurely past the man and out the door, taking a light, relaxed stance that was loose and allowed for quick and fluid movements. He measured the man critically, waiting patiently for the man to strike first and looking like a cat ready to strike.

~

Liv grinned at Maklar and his childlike excitement. "I'm glad you like it. Of course we can. I'm sure there are plenty of neat things around to find," She giggled jogging lightly among behind him. "Slow down! Not everyone has your long stride, you know!" She said with a chuckle. "Do you not have to sleep as much as humans? You seem pretty energetic after only sleeping for two hours."

The man room a running punch at him with a upper cut to his gut. Only, he felt something that rebounded his hand. "What the...." he snarled and went for a high kick for his jaw.

Meanwhile Rose's mother took advantage of the distraction and grabbed Rose's hair dragging her up stairs. "I said, get packing. " She ordered, locking and barring the door to her room and going through her closet. "You know what, forget packing, you don't need any of this nerdy junk. Oh, and put this on..." She ordered throwing Rose's cat woman leather cosplay outfit on her bed and her leather jacket. "Get going! My man is going to beat up your bae and drag you with us weather you want to go or not!"

Rose once again remained defiant. "He's not my bae, or... whatever that is. He's more than a simple boyfriend, in fact nothing about him is simple. If you really knew him, and where he comes from, you would run screaming to the hills. I'm not going anywhere with you. And I am not leaving him either. " "You'll do what I say!" The woman tried to smack rose again, but after seeing Zahar... her Prince Zahar stand up for her and was willing to fight for her, filed rose with determination. She fought her mother (who was really weak compared to rose) and it was probably a bad idea to bar her only exit.... especially when Rose kept her cosplay weapons on her wall, and only a couple of them where real. A loud pop sounded in the room followed by a blood curdling scream. That could be heard outside.

---

"Actually we have to sleep even longer than you do. I'm just... really really anxious. "He slowed down for her. "Think of a bear. Dragüns have the ability to hibernate for a long long time, however, I am still half, and that ability is cut to one forth of the time. However resting in a deep, sleep for two hours is enough to help me stay alert. So, tell me about this tree that is a house. How did you make it?" He asked curiously. Getting the subject away from how nervous he was.

The bulky man's first attack rebounded backwards as Zahar made no move to deflect it physically, grabbing the man's leg as it swung around and using the momentum against the man, flipping him onto his back and giving a solid punch to the jaw, using a little extra telekinetic force behind it and effectively knocking him out cold, bolting towards the front door at the sound of a scream and tearing up the stairs, hoping to God that it wasn't Rose. Muttering "screw it" under his breath, he used telekinesis along with his body weight to slam the locked door open, barging into the room and looking around frantically to see what had happened.

~

"You need to relax, then," Liv said, rubbing his arms and feeling the tense muscle underneath her fingers. "As long as you're sure you've gotten enough sleep. The treehouse is basically a building built around a tree. It's made out of wood, and doesn't really have anything in it anymore, but I make sure that it doesn't rot out or anything by fixing it up and whatnot. We played in it all the time when we were little. It's just up through here. It doesn't have a ladder or anything, you have to climb up by hand, but that was part of the fun. Broke my wrist once climbing up, but I was six at the time so it was a lot higher to me then than now," She told him with a chuckle, leading him to a large tree that housed a treehouse high in the branches. The back had a ladder that went down to where it met the trunk, but no further. "Dad helped us quite a bit with it. Jack was 13 at the time, but we still needed help." She swung herself up into the tree, climbing up easily as if she had done it hundreds of times. "C'mon up, the view up here is great!" She told him, grabbing the ladder and climbing the rest of the way inside before leaning to look down at him.

Rose was laughing her butt off holding one of the black daggers she brought to train with his cousin one day. Her mother was flipping out as the front of her shirt was soaked and only one boob was perky. "D-did you have to break my door?..." *giggle snort gasp* "they really do pop!" She waved the knife. "W.....hehehe.... want me to- snort to even it up?" She asked rubbing her eyes as she was crying. "Best birthday gift ever!"

"Alright! I'm leaving! You wretch!" Miranda screamed and stormed out of the house. Rose was on the ground now holding her stomach. "Help...... can't breathe... laughing... hard... ahhhh " she snorted like a pig every time she gasped for air. "You shoulda..... seen her face! I just poked it!"

-----

Maklar didn't climb really. He took a running start and sprang up the tree, scrambling up a branch like a cat and jumped again to the roof of the tree house, slipping down to stand on the porch. "Kinda small... although it looks really cool. We made stone forts or caves and nests with blankets and pillows. " He said with a smile. "A few times, I used my fire on the king's sand walkways and made it glass, then hid in the bushes watching everyone slip and slide on it! I got in real big trouble for that and had to break it apart, but I kept the glass and made windows with pictures in the colors. They are hanging up in my chambers. Mom has two in her office, then gave me a sand field so I can make more. She said that if I needed more income, I can sell those and use them for trade. Zahar said he'd like to replace the window in the throne room with one of my windows to bring more color to it and make it more... inviting."

"You just..." Zahar sputtered before bursting out laughing, he too wheezing at the act. "Oh, that's amazing!" He shifted out of the way as Miranda stormed past, and leaned against the wall as he regained his breath. "I have never laughed so hard in my life, that was great. Good for you Rosie, standing up to your mother!" He congratulated her, wiping tears from the corner of his eyes. "Knocked her great lump out cold too, the fool decided a high kick would be a good idea. Honestly, picking a fight with me was a bad idea to begin with. I beat three guys at once who were two times his size before." Shaking his head, he offered Rose a hand up. "Now, where were we before we got interrupted? The Mines of Moria?"

~

"Of course it's kinda small, you're like a giant!" Liv teased with a grin. "To us normal sized folk, it's quite cozy." She sat down and leaned against the wall, patting the space beside her. "I never pegged you as the artsy type, Mak, but that's really cool. You'll have to show me one sometime," She said. "How are Prince Zahar and Rose doing, by the way? I completely forgot to ask."

Rose nodded and rubbed her eyes managing to get down stairs without cracking up again. Her mother was attempting to wake up her beau, and when she couldn't, she attempts to drag him to the car. Rose sat down and went to turn on the movie again when she looked at him. "You said you brought a birthday gift for me. Can I open it now?" She asked tilting her head.

---

"I would love to show you sometime. What do you mean, not the artsy type? Dragons are very craft oriented, experts at organizing and I'm installed that you haven't released this yet!" He scoffed playfully as he sat down beside her. "They are fine. Zahar visited her today. Apparently it's her birthday today. Oh yes, and I bought a bunch of the cookies her dad makes. They are all Dragon shaped. I thought I should bring something to apologize for giving you that promise ring without asking them first. And I would like to give you a proper hello kiss. " He said pulling her on to his lap and kissing her nose. "If you don't mind that is..." He purred.

Zahar snickered at the sight of Rose's mother struggling to pull her mammoth of a boyfriend back to the car before shaking his head and plopping down on the couch again. "Your present, right! How could I forget? It's pretty sweet, but be careful, because it's fragile."

He leapt lithely to his feet, carrying over a large, rectangular wrapped package. "Don't worry how much it cost, okay?" He teased lightly, waiting for Rose to open the gift before explaining what it was. "This is state of the art technology used by top engineers - it's basically a travel holo-computer with some simple mechanical tools that we use. The computer has access to all the library databases on my planet, so you're able to learn whatever you'd like. Plus, once I get it set up, it will only turn on with your handprint, otherwise it will shut down," He informed her, looking pleased with himself. "What do you think of it? I saw it and figured you'd like it. There's a whole section just on mechanical aspects of our technology, like cars and stuff, and figured it'd be easier to understand than a book since it has videos too."

~

"Well sorry!" Liv said, ruffling Maklar's hair, "You never really brought it up before. Oh, dragon cookies. Sounds yummy. They aren't too mad - well, my brothers and mom aren't. Dad's a little miffed about it, but he'll get over it. I keep telling him it wasn't an official proposal but he keeps grumbling about it," She told him, giggling and blushing as he pulled her into his lap. "Now why would I mind?" She asked, closing her eyes with a contented sigh as she kissed him softly.

Rose's eyes widened. "Oh wow!" She grabbed Zahar's face and kissed him deeply before turning back to the contraption. "It's wonderful! I love it! Now I can learn more about your customs and traditions. Can.. Can I also contact you with it too? It'll be a lot easier instead of waiting for days to see or hear you again..." She said looking at the computer. Somehow she turned it on and pressed her left palm on the pad so it could scan it.

-----

Maklar purred and held her close, running his fingers through her hair softly kissing her back. "Thats a much better hello. Is it okay if I carve something on the tree trunk? It would be really cool... and you get to see how artsy I can be." he grinned at her. "Or we can kiss like we did at the temple. I wouldn't mind either one."

((What if Jack is spying on them ? xd.png))

"Why don't my appearances gain receptions like that every time?" Zahar laughed, returning her kiss and grinning. "I actually have a holodisc for you. It can only reach me, but you can use it whenever and wherever you want." He pulled a slim disc out of his pocket. "The call will come straight to my holowatch, so unless I'm asleep or in a meeting it's more than likely that I'll answer," He told her. "Make sure to do your right hand too," He told her as she turned it on and pressed her palm to it. "There may be some things written in my language but I'm pretty sure there is a built in translator. Not sure why they have it, considering the engineers don't need it translated, but whatever," He said with a snort.

~

((YES xd.png))

"I don't see any problem with carving things on the tree," Liv said with a chuckle. "Corny, but adorable."

"Absolutely no more kissing!" Jackson exclaimed, head popping in.

"Jackson, you good-for-nothing meddlesome busybody!" Liv yelled, pressing Jackson's head out. "What are you doing?!"

"Making sure you don't do anything!" Jackson defended himself. "You are my baby sister, after all."

"Get outta here before I stab you," Liv threatened, flicking out her knife to carve the tree.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Jackson said, disappearing. A telltale thud told that he landed on the ground. "I'm going, I'm going. Be good?"

"He is absolutely ridiculous," Liv said with a groan, pulling a hand down her face in exasperation and putting the knife in her pocket. "C'mon, we'll do it on the trunk." She climbed down as far as the ladder would allow and jumped the rest of the way, landing easily on the balls of her feet. She offered Maklar the knife once he had followed her down. "I'm excited to see what you can do," She teased with a smile.

"Some times I'm upset at you for being gone so long. Same goes for me. Call me anytime. " she flushed. "I might even sing you to sleep if you want me to and ask nice. As for the right hand... I'm left handed. Most of earth's population is right handed. If someone finds out that you exist, and try to use me to gain information about your kind, they'll more than likely to place my right hand on the computer. This way, I can keep you and your people safe from my kind. Isn't that what a future queen supposed to do?" She asked looking at him. "The first thing I'll do is learn your language. Maybe if I impress your father with my knowledge... He might think differently about me. I don't want to earn his trust, just his acceptance of me being in his home permanently. "

-----

Maklar jumped when her brother popped up. "Ah ha, I guess I'm not very observant around you. I totally missed that. Gotta work on that." He muttered jumping down behind her and shook his head at her knife. "No, no. That's too dull to use and crude for my kind of detail. " He flexed his hands and they grew talons and scales. He studied the tree trunk and cutting through it like butter, he drew a oval where his carving would go. He grinned at her and then went to work. It took him a half hour to make a relief of a Dragon with its wings outspread in flight. However, it had no details inside of it yet, mearly an outline. Now he worked slower, hollowing some places, like the membrane of the wings, small details like the eyes and horns. One of the spikes on the back he took more time on than the rest. He only carved small patches of scales in spots that made the eye imagine scales all over. Within another hour, he was finished and took a deep breath and blew off any loose wood chips.

"Done." He had carved himself as a Dragon, in the air flying. The spine he spent so much time working on, wasn't a spine at all, but her on his back hair flowing behind her, head thrown back in laughter and her arms up like she was riding a roller coaster. "You like?" He asked looking nervous.

"Hey, you should have told me sooner. I didn't mean to make you feel that way," Zahar said gently, squeezing her hand. "You know I love you. Maybe I will ask sometime. And someday you'll be able to do it in person," He teased lightly, grinning. "I can help teach you our language. It's the reading part that's different, the actual speech itself is quite light and lyrical, it rolls off the tongue quite easily. Honestly, English and most other human languages are quite clunky in comparison. As a matter of fact, Elvish - you know, what you spoke to your father - is probably the closest when it comes to the general sounds. I'm starting to wonder if Tolkien had a bit of... inspiration," Zahar informed her with a chuckle. "Left handed, huh? I didn't know that. I'm a boring rightie, like everyone else. However, the beauty of this is that if anyone else tries to unlock it, it'll shut down and will only unlock again for a password before going back to the normal handprint method. It's a safety feature. I'll keep the password to myself for my own protection - plus, it's in my language, so if they somehow managed to figure it out I'd be impressed," He explained. "You'll be a marvelous future queen, whether my father approves or not. But if you manage to at least get him to accept you, let me know how you did it, since I've been trying to figure that out for years."

~

Liv snickered before rolling her eyes and saying, "Well okay then. If you're not going to use it, then I'll go work on my own carving on the other side." She moved to the opposite side of the trunk to give him peace and quiet while he worked, sticking out her tongue slightly in concentration as she carved a slightly lopsided heart. "Nailed it," She snickered sarcastically under her breath, adding their first initials inside the heart and an arrow to the outside. "What a masterpiece," She said jokingly with a grin. "Yours is going to be some sort of elaborate mural, isn't it?" She asked with a chuckle, walking over to where Maklar was still working diligently. He was still working on the outline, but Liv threw her hands up with a goodnatured sigh. "Of course. I'll just wait here, take your time," She said, swinging herself into a neighboring tree and lounging comfortably against a thick lower branch and closing her eyes, dozing off in the warm shade.

By the time he spoke against, she was fast asleep, jerking awake and nearly falling out of the tree at the sudden voice. "Oh, right, coming," She said, yawning and jumping down the seven foot drop easily. Examining the carving closer, she was blown away by how detailed it was, giving a low whistle to show her approval. "Wow, that's amazing, Mak! I love it!" She pulled him down to kiss the worried crease that had appeared between his eyebrows. "You're very talented, why would you think I wouldn't like it?"

"Maybe he did. I'm sure I can learn it on my own, after all, I did teach myself how to read and write elvish. Ada, only taught me to speak it. It was my first language. I'm sure there's videos I can watch to learn it. Now, shall we continue with the movie?" She sat back and turned it back on.

---

"Because it's rushed and I take pride in my work... it's not my best effort I'm ashamed to say. I'm glad you love it though! It's something that can remind your family and you of me when I'm at home. Speaking of, I think we should be heading back now. I think your other brothers and dad should be back by now as well. " He said looking at the sky and taking her hand after shifting his back to normal and walked to her house, stopping a few times to pick her up piggy back and climb up a tree to see baby birds in a nest or something shiny getting his attention. The first two times it was a slug and a snail, both which he freaked out from their slimy squshiness and their eyes. The other times he found a bit of quartz, a smooth stone shaped like a heart, and a horned Beatle. He also found a owl feather and decided to keep it behind his ear. When they reached the house it was around dinner time.

((Sorry for power play))

"I'll help you learn it verbally, at least, when I can. Though I'm sure that you're more than capable of teaching yourself," Zahar said, leaning back and watching as Frodo and company made their way through the treacherous Mines of Moria. "This movie is very accurate," Zahar said in approval. "It differs in some places, I've noticed, but is rather parallel with the book overall. Why don't humans ever stick to book storylines exactly? Our movies often do, but that can make them quite long..." He drew out thoughtfully.

~

((It's fine))

"I think your best effort would have kept us out here all night, Mak," Liv laughed, nodding in agreement to his observation and taking his hand. She hopped up onto his back when offered, grinning and snickering at his surprised distress over slugs and snails. "They're just slimy invertebrates, Maklar. Do you not have snails and such on your planet?" She asked him in surprise. They soon carried on, and Liv examined his finds and made a face at the beetle, chuckling as he slipped an owl feather behind his ear.

Sliding off his back once they arrived back at her house, she went inside and greeted her dad with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hi Daddy. Mak's here, did Mom tell you?"

"Both he and Jackson did," Her father said. "I heard that Hope just found out too - she and Jackson went to pick a few things up from the store for your mother. They should be back in another half hour or so, and then we'll be able to eat." He patted Maklar's back gruffly. "How have you been? I haven't seen you around in a while, I take it your duties have kept you busy back home?"

Liv wandered into the kitchen where her mother was finishing up dinner as her dad and Maklar talked. "So Dad is acting civil. What'd you bribe him with?"

"Nothing, I just told him to be nice," Lilly said with a laugh, squeezing her daughter's shoulder. "Cut up these potatoes, would you?"

"Sure thing, Mom," Liv said easily, setting to work on the task. "How's Hope."

"Fine, after she got over the shock," Lilly said. "Just curious now. I sent her and Jackson out to get some things, he's no doubt answering some of her questions. They should be back any minute now."

As if on cue, Jackson's truck pulled up the drive and he and Hope got out, unloading the few bags they had and carrying them into the house. "Got everything you needed, Mom. Hey Liv."

"Thanks Jackson," Lilly said, smiling at her eldest son.

"Hey, guess what Jared is doing tonight?" Jackson asked. "He's on a date. Met a pretty little forensic scientist and finally got the nerve to ask her out."

"Good for him!" Liv said. "I thought he'd never find a girl he liked. Now the only person we have to worry about is Jason!"

"Length is why. But this is theatrical version. The extended education, you'll be here all day and it covers more of the book. Some movies really really diverted away from the book. Like, it has the same title of the book but it's... nothing like it at all." She snuggled up against him. "Don't like this part..."

-------

Mäklär took Mark aside. "Duties no, my work, yes. Sir, I know I should have asked before giving her that promise ring. I know it's a father's duty to protect his daughter. However, know this, seven billion people on earth is .0 327 percent of the entire galaxy population of your galaxy alone. For me, there is no other woman in the entire universe that I would love like I do you baby girl. No dragün ever in the history of my race has committed adultery. We would rather die then look at another in such a way. I know this is fast and if you're not comfortable I can wait till you are. But.. I'd like to ask you now, may I have your blessing to marry you daughter? " He asked nervous, eyes dimming with worry and anxiety.

((Sorry about the late reply, been sick. Classes restart Monday, just so you know))

"Makes sense I suppose," Zahar said slowly, furrowing his brows. "Maybe my people just appreciate accuracy more..." Shrugging, he kissed her hair, eyes still on the screen as she snuggled deeper into his side. He stretched out his legs, crossing his feet at the ankle and pulling her so that Rose's head was over his heart. "Isn't it remarkable how similar we are, despite living light-years away?" He murmured thoughtfully, wrapping an arm lazily around her midsection.

~

Mark watched Maklar impassively as he spoke, face giving away no emotion - he looked about as stoic as the dragun himself usually did. Inside, he was raging - Liv, his little girl, was only eighteen, hadn't even gone to college or experienced for herself what the world - her own world - had to offer. And Maklar wanted to take her away from him. That wasn't to say that Mark doubted the truth of what Maklar was saying - there was no way to fake the conviction behind the words, but that didn't mean he wanted to give his daughter away just yet, though Mark knew Liv would hold it against him if he denied the boy, and he loved her to much to do that. He was silent for several moments after Maklar had finished, seeing the worry that was evident in the young man's eyes before sighing heavily. "She's only 18, Maklar, but somehow I doubt that makes any difference - to you or to her, it doesn't matter. I will give you my blessing, but only - only - because I know that you'll treat her well, not to mention the fact that weddings like yours take ages to plan." His lips twitched upwards, and he slapped Maklar on the shoulder. "Still though, if you hurt her you'll regret it. Now come on in, dinner's about ready. Lilly made cake."

Liv had just finished setting the table when they came back in - Lilly had kept her busy enough to not notice the two's disappearance. "Sit down, dinner's about to be served," She said energetically after shoving Jackson out of the way when he tried to switch all the forks with spoons. "Oh quit it, you idiot!" She exclaimed, smacking him. Jackson snickered and danced out of the way, pulling out a chair for Hope before sitting down.

"There is such a thing as true love. I guess there really is someone for everyone, just... maybe not on earth. "She said and fell asleep after a while curled up against his side. She missed most of the movie, but she didn't really care. He smelled wonderful, was warm and soft. She felt safe in his strong arms. The incident with her mother left her tired and drained. She was glad he had ignored her initial request to leave her alone. She didn't know what she would have done if he wasn't there to stand up for her.

Rose woke up towards the end of the movie and looked up at him, jumping away, still half sleepy. "Take off that thing. You look twice as cute with green skin. How about we go out tonight? " He asked yawning and rubbing her eyes. "I'll have to pay, we can't take your currency. It'll be like an actual date."

---------

"And I only twenty, with two centuries yet to live. I can wait. She can go to college and become a vet..... veterinarian that she wants, she can stay here after the wedding with her family if she wants, and work here. As long as she is happy, I would be fine. ...." He said, leaving out the part where weddings actually don't take long, not like a human wedding. Just the moons must be aligned for a royal blood to be wed.

Mäklär nodded, sensing that her dad wasn't too happy with this but only accepting because Liv was a force to be reckoned with. Mak pulled out Liv's chair like a gentleman and then sat himself pulling out a tiny vile of violet liquid that smoked when he opened it. "Dragün version of Tabasco sauce. You shouldn't have this at all. Its made from flame peppers that I snack on all the rime. Its tipple the hottest pepper on earth." He warned Jack. "I use it to keep my fire hot. My own brothers can't handle the amount that I eat every day.

Zahar chuckled. "Perhaps not," He said, noticing after a while that Rose had drifted off asleep in his arms. Smiling, he watched her for a minute, seeing how her face relaxed in sleep. She was peaceful, unworried, in a way he wasn't sure he had seen before. He returned his attention to the movie, feeling her stir against his chest close to the end. He released her when she pulled away, violet eyes watching her drowsiness with amusement. "You want me to take off my shirt?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "As much as I'm sure you'd enjoy that, tradition states that on my planet no one but my wife - or fiancee, in certain situations, can see me... unclothed, for lack of a better term." He offered her a helpless shrug. "I don't make the rules." His eyebrow twitched upwards once more. "What, so what I've taken you on don't count as actual dates? But to answer your question, I'd be more than happy to, that sounds nice. Unfortunately I can't repay you, which I apologize for... when would you like to go? Not yet, I'd expect, as it's only..." He checked his watch. "Oh, it is getting late. I forgot how much shorter your days are than mine."

~

Liv watched with interest as Maklar pulled out a vial, opening her mouth to ask but being beaten to the chase when he started to explain. "Oh, okay, neat," She said, grinning as Jack quickly pulled his hand back, looking thwarted in his attempt to steal a drop.

"Yeah, on second thought, not sure I want any of that," Jack said, taking a bite of food. He politely didn't speak again until he was finished, which was an uncommon occurrence. "I think I"ll just stick to Earth peppers."

Liv snickered, ducking her head so that Jackson wouldn't spot her laughter and taking a bite of potatoes. "How are your brothers?" She asked curiously. Liv knew that she and his brothers hadn't exactly gotten along at first, but she figured they would warm up to her eventually. "You said that Pitch's egg hatched?"

Hope choked into her food, and Lilly gave her a sympathetic look. "They are a dragon-like race, Hope," Lilly said quietly. "Eggs would make sense."

Jackson grinned into his dinner and squeezed Hope's shoulder. "Don't worry, it gets easier after a while."