Shokomon

St. Valentine's Day Event! (And V-day Dragon)

The Valentine's day event changes every year for the last 4 years...

In 2012, we sent each other cards.

In 2013, we gave each other flowers.

In 2014, we grew and gifted each other potted plants.

In 2015, our dragons made a love cave.

In 2016...WHO KNOWS?

It's now February 1, 2016! Valentine's day is 2 weeks away! What do you think will be the newest event?

Chocolate making? Dragons giving gifts? Baking goodies? CANDY?

What are your thoughts?

And what of the Valentine's day dragon? What will it look like? Any suggestions? Opinions?

I'd love to hear what you all think!

Baking goodies would be fun!

It'd be nice to see a white dragon with some pink or red or gold detailing, maybe? I don't know about the theme though. All I can think of is Cupid. xd.png

I'm pretty excited for another male Vday (I just tend to like them better than the girls). I really hope it takes after the alt. sweetlings though, another SAD dragon lol

I like the interactive ones a lot. I'd like it to be one of those.

I think it would be fun to have a Choose Your Own Valentines Adventure story. Each day have a different prior holiday dragon help X dragon find Y dragon as their VDay Love using a combo of selected decisions from things like personality traits, actions, choices, etc to help attract the other Y dragon. No right or wrong answers But the answers would influence the selection of Y dragon. Really, you could adapt this to any holiday and makebit gifts, wishes, scary or other type adventure, and the person could pick dragons from their scroll or random prenamed, name selection from list or player chosen name. Then they could keep a list of the dragons and the outline of the story, names and sprites of dragons involved maybe in a personalized "storybook".... maybe their various choices can also result in some special trinket or items when combined make a magical glass or 8 ball people can ask random questions and get random generic answers for fun

Could also make a dragon dating service and/or the Dating Game.

Another fun thing to collect or play with would be earning some sort of device for future predictions (cards, runes, bones, scales, whatever ) that when cast or dealt the system gave us the predictions, but not have it be just random gibberish so that if you cast a certain combo, you get a certain answer. Answer still ok to be fortune generic, but would be fun to tie to elements or mana.

Could have a variety of these things and maybe at the end of the event players can choose one or a few for their holiday treat win. If there is more variety, people could always put these in a store as something people can use points to collect other variants especially since no game impact other than something to amuse oneself with between "main" game stuff.

SO event ideas aside (which I think could be used for any event and be as graphic and system intensive or non intensive as you want) ..... for a Valentines dragon I would LOVE TO SEE..

A Dragon in Love with Love.... and the different dragons it breeds with it takes on different colors perhaps based on elements, or Elemental Categories, or something, and have them be very crazy colored... and if something refuses maybe its reset.... and maybe have a BSA called "Heartbreak" that makes the dragon unable to breed for a week cause it hears some rumor or something about cheating or something horrible about love and is all depressed and grey (or chocolate... ) or something... I just would love to have a dragon that turns crazy colors based on the dragons its "in love" with and makes like up fairy tale stories like we say young kids do, doodling hearts and dreaming of their perfect fairy "tail" years and castles and piles of gold and hoards of treasure and babies and things of that nature... or maybe a harem... whatever some fantasy that they are more in love with the idea of love and maybe they do get a special someone but as they move thru different mates it would be funny to see them "change" to be the "perfect mate" for that dragon and I would love them to be horribly gaudy colors or something very bright and contrasting but not your standards colors. Something fun and crazy~!!!

Edited by natayah

For the event, I'm not sure. Interactive seems to be the trend with Valentines, so maybe we'll send each other chocolates or something this year. Or play matchmaker in a way similar to the game we had at Christmas, where you run around and help people find love.

For the dragon, I really really would like something that is not pink. I just don't care for the color and most of the V-day dragons are predominantly pink. Red? White? Purple? Black? Just something different. I would love something with a similar theme to the alt sweetlings, because they are one of my favorite dragons and it bothers me that I can't have one.

Edited by Amberfly

I hope the dragon is purple.

Boy do I second that! Third it even! Purple is the color of passion - supposedly, and V-day is all about that. We've had tons of Pink, Red and White (Radiant Angels) V-days - now let's go for the hard-core color - YAY for purple!!

What day does the event and/or Valentine's breeding usually start? That's really the main thing I'm curious about because I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever is planned. smile.gif

I'm not sure about the activities for the event, but I do hope the dragon won't be another pink one. I don't mind pink, but there are already a lot of pink valentines dragons... Lets get a dragon with a new color palette? I'm sure whatever it is, it will be beautiful, though.

I feel like we need more brilliant reds, but purple, violet, or something else appropriate but underused would be fab. I'd love a violet, crimson, and gold one, for instance. To me that conveys passion and mystery.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Purple and violet are colors for funerals, I doubt that they will be used in a valentine's dragon.

I want a pink dragon! A very sweet clear pink tone!

And I hope we have some game to send flowers or gifts to each other because I detested the last year game.

Purple and violet are colors for funerals, I doubt that they will be used in a valentine's dragon.

I want a pink dragon! A very sweet clear pink tone!

And I hope we have some game to send flowers or gifts to each other because I detested the last year game.

White is also a color used at funerals. So is pink (light pink), yellow, red, and blue. This doesn't mean that the same flower colors cannot be used for Valentine's Day. The meaning of the color/flower itself varies according to culture.

A purple dragon would be a welcome change.

What day does the event and/or Valentine's breeding usually start? That's really the main thing I'm curious about because I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever is planned.  smile.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, but breeding of Old Valentines usually starts a week before Valentine's Day, and the event itself lasts for a week, starting on Valentine's Day. The new Valentine dragon is, also, released on Valentine's day and drops for 3 days.

I think I want a chocolate making event where we make and give chocolates to people. Or maybe a text game like the previous Halloween's where we find love for some lonesome dragons.

As for SAD dragons, I don't think we will get another one. Alt Sweetlings were a one-time thing because people who originally had Sweetlings permanently lost them for some data error, and got the Alt Sweetlings as an apology. At least, that's how I understand it. So, unless we get another episode of lost Valentines, I don't think we will get a SAD dragon.

I like purple dragons! Purple is always good in my books.

As long as it's not a light purple like lavender. I'd be okay with a nice dark purple. Dark purple might also appease the people who want SAD dragons. Since being alone on Valentine's Day is supposed to be sad and dark colors are often associated with sadness and gloom.....

Edited by Dewdropmon

Purple would be interesting. We don't have enough purple in DragonCave in general. Anything but another pink dragon, please. We have all shades of pink, now, I'd like something different.

I really liked being about to decorate a "love cave" for my dragons, I would love to do something else with our dragons this year. Some other type of matchmaking event. I'm not big on the "gifting/getting from other users" type of games.

Purple would be nice. Or dark red, maybe. Or brown (chocolate!). Or... well, anything.

Just not another pink-oh-so-pink dragon. Pleeeeease.

Please not a pink, frilly, hearts and candy dragon >w<

I know that's kinda what people think when Valentines Day comes up, but I'd love some sort of cute (NOT PINK), Messenger/Delivery dragon sort of thing that delivers messages (valentines) during that time with messages from secret admirers, loved ones etc. I think that would be the cutest of all biggrin.gif

Purple would be nice. Or dark red, maybe. Or brown (chocolate!). Or... well, anything.

Just not another pink-oh-so-pink dragon. Pleeeeease.

I'd really like something in the valentine spirit without the valentine colours! They're nice, but I think it'd be good to have something different.

(So far, my favourites have been the matchmaker (heartseeker) dragons, though many are nice.)

I 2nd, 3rd, or 4th the plea for not another pink dragon. My favorite by far is the heartseeker because he is red and so fierce looking. Cutesy and pink has been done to death tongue.gif I would love purple, white, or something chocolate looking.

As for the event, the love cave thing was pretty boring. I stopped participating. I'd like to go back to previous events. making and sending chocolates or something. That sounds fun.

I am hoping for something with garish colors still. Something crazy and not the normal pink and red. How about neon yellow with violet and pastel peach spots... or a camo dragon.. the perfect dragon to stalk.... I mean HUNT SEEK AND FIND love for alll.....