voltage

government escape?

Julia lay her head down on zaphus's shoulder. she gently nibbled on his ear curious as to how he was feeling and thinking it would wake him up. She looked around and saw the books "hey zaph, you awake babe?"

Julia sighed as she went into his dream closing her eyes curiosity winning over her anger. She wasn't sure what to expect but decided to try and figure out.

She would appear on a grassy hill top overlooking a lake with a smooth pebbled beach. Currently sitting at a picnic table covered with food on top of the hill, she had on a pale blue sun dress with a white sweater, but she wasn't sitting alone. Across from her was a young boy, about six or seven with blue black hair, and gorgeous eyes. They were a pale white blue like the clear sky above them. He had elven features with long fingers that was currently working on a carving of a dragon.

Laughter sounds around them and around the beach, Zaphus bounded on all fours with a four year old girl with silver hair, on his back. It was too far to make out the girl's features. Zaphus was being chased by another girl. She was tall making it hard to tell her age but she was already beautiful in a otherworldly way. Her hair went to her waist, purest white, almost clear. She had white opal colored demon wings and a thin whip like tail to match. Thin gold glass like spiraled horns curved up and back over her head, turning inward at the ends. They looked decorated with a vine of flowers that also circled her head like a crown.

Julia looked at the kid across from her curiously, she was slightly upset but he seemed to not paying attention to her. She looked over at the kid softly giggling "what are you carving there little one?" Julia looked over and watched zaphus relaxing slightly against the table.

"A dragon, mama. Little Rosie likes dragons so I'm making her a new toy." the boy said softly not looking up from his whittling. "Thyme! Papa said to let mum read." the white demon girl came close. She had Julia's nose, mouth, ears, and eye shape but Zaph's bone structure. Her eyes were a light mint green with an emerald ring around the outside and cat like eyes. Her claws and talons where the same gold as her horns. She definitely looked like a female version of young Zaphus. "But she talked to me Avalon.. "If that's rosemary's present you should hide it before she gets up here." The little silver haired girl was walking up the hill with Zaphus behind her. She giggles and squeals holding on to his horns for balance.

Julia was blushing softly as she nodded "don't yell at him, i did talk first." She looked at the kids then back to zaphus unsure what to do. She looked at the older girl and smiled softly at her "are you ok? did you have fun?" Julia stood up slowly as she stretched out relaxing though she was slightly confused and tense unable to grasp the fact that they were her children unable to figure out why she showed up in different clothes right away and seemed to already have been active in the dream.

The little silver hair girl, called rosemary or Rosie giggled and ran over to Julia. For her, her eyes where two colors. One a shy blue, the other a rich emerald like her mother's. "Ena! Ena! Up..." She waved her little hands around for Julia to pick her up and place her on her lap using elvish for mamma. Zaphus came up behind the two girls. Avalon looked confused at the first question. "Yeah.... of course I'm ok. I am having fun... why are we leaving?" Zaphus shook his head."Without having our picnic? Of course not! Right dear?" He asked Julia and grinned at her. Gone was the saddened haunted eyes, the distant look he had. His hair was cut shorter, less shaggy and away from his face. He had on a vest like a suit vest only more casual to cover his chest, he had knee length shorts odd for he never had them, and always wore black instead the vest was slate grey and blue jeans for the shorts.

He studied Julia, seeing her confused state and his broad smiled dimmed, his usual look crept into his eyes.

She picked up the small girl and sat her in her lap softly running her fingers through the little girls hair softly trying to take in everything. "no we aren't leaving, i was just simply making sure that you were having fun playing." Julia was unsure of what to say as zaphus was studying her so she just tried to ignore it as she spoke "you seem to be having a good time as well babe, they didn't dent your energy at all did they?" she spoke lightheartedly trying not to ruin his dream even though it was a lot to take in.

Edited by voltage

He seemed to relax as she went along with him. "Never dear. Now let's see what we got here I'm famished!" He kissed her cheek muttering in her ear that he'd explain later. He dug into the basket and brought out bow tie pasta, cheese ravioli. Tuna casserole and a thermos of clam chowder with bits of crab in it. He got out sparkling grape cider and cups and plate before letting everyone choose what they want. Rose got the soup and ate it while on Julia's lap.

Julia took a little bit of bow tie pasta and put it on her plate before pouring a cup of cider for herself as well as for the kids. She smiled softly down at the little elven girl in her lap before starting to eat. She shook her head "you would think they would be able to help with your energy a little bit, they are our kids and a lot younger, they should be able to run circles around you."

Zaphus laughed as he started to eat too watching the two eldest dig in. "You'd think but i have lots of energy! You however get worn out by Rose and Ty's eagerness to learn how to use their powers." He chuckled and started a tail war with avadon.

Julia smirked softly while nodding "hey, it is difficult to use my magic and having to do it three times because they didn't watch is tiring. they are starting to get a hold of it, though we have had incidents where they decided to provoke the plants which wound up with them hanging upside down but luckily no one got harmed yet, as long as they do not try to train with out me."

"Hehehe... guilty. The vines don't like being compared to Venus flytraps...." Th said sheepishly. "I make pretty flowers with mama!" Rose giggled. Zaphus laughed. "At least they like their training.. Avalon just doesn't listen at all." Avalon whack him with her tail. "See what I mean?" He chuckled.

Julia chuckled as she had a beautiful, unique flower grow beside Avalon. It was a dark blue rose though the thorns seemed to curl around the stem. the flower itself was a snowy white with a rainbow swirled around the bottom and top, a galaxy seemed to be between the rainbows. She shook her head "you need to learn or things may go wrong and you may end up causing danger for someone you care about, i have done that before, it is nothing you want right? Also little man i did tell you not to compare them to things like that in advance."

Avalon grinned and sniffed the flower. " This is like papa's flowers, but prettier... I'll try but papa isn't the best teacher...hes dull." She laughed when zaphas gave her an "oh really?" look, narrowing his eyes. "Yes mama... but i like the carnivorous ones better they're cool and they get rid of pesky bugs."

Julia smiled as she listened to avalon "you could always wind up tied in plants and swinging dangerously close to trees like i'm sure you brother will be soon. these plants are not for getting rid of insects, what i am showing you is to help you survive if you are ever in serious danger, it has many purposes. It could allow you to provide for yourself easily, being able to grow food for yourself and others to eat in times of need as well as being ablke to incapacitate people who are really trying to harm you, though everyone has there own form of magic so you may not be the best with plants but really good with animals, or another element, i am just starting with plant's because that is what mine is."

Ty nodded looking down, nibbling on his cookie. "But mom! i don't have flower powers, we don't even know what kind of powers i have! dad is just teaching me history and how to fly and basic stuff, i know everything from reading! I just don't get why i have to learn childish thing like proper horn care and flying formations all the time when i can do them in my sleep!" Avalon whined.

Julia smiled as she watched them relaxing "if you don't take care of your horns and tail or it may effect your powers what ever they are. History is also important as it may give you insight about the powers before you even practice them." Julia had the flower grow into full bloom as she ate her food.

Avalon nodded and ate silently. "How about you three play at the lake when you're done?" all three nodded excitedly and finished eating. Avalon carried rose as ty ran right into the lake after taking his shirt off and just having his swimming trunks on.

Zaphus moved to the opposite side of Julia looking at his claws. "What do you want?" He asked flatly.

Julia shrugged as she watched them run to the lake. She turned and looked at zaphus a small smile on her face "you were making all sorts of different noises and i got curious, though you did upset me i was curious, besides i wanted to make sure you weren't having a nightmare or something." She spoke softly looking away slightly, down to see what book she had been reading.

"Any questions as to why you appeared like that? Ask now or never." He was bitter, clouds started to gather in his dream. White ones but clouds nonetheless.

Julia sighed softly "look let's not fight, i was kind of curious about why i was dressed like this but it doesn't matter to me anymore, what matters now is the kids and you being happy and if that means i have to leave and let your version of me take over i will. tell me now though if you want that."

Zaphus got up and started to pace. "This is a dream within a dream, what thoughts often cross my mind. You took over the Julia I was imagining. ..." He snarled and latches his tail scoring the ground. His voice turned to a hurt tone. "Why!? Why are you still angry at me for doing something I didn't know I should! I thought you didn't like the reveling dress the first time so I went with something more modest but I know nothing about your past! And then you close your mind to me? You sleep with a gap between us? You know how that feels to me?

That gap feels like a deep trench that's impossible to cross, and when you close your mind to mine, even when I don't want to walk in your dreams, it feels like I'm pressed against a cold wall... like I'm locked in that box again. Get out, get out of here before you make it into a nightmare, get out of my dreams and stay out!" He bore his teeth and hissed at her.

Julia stumbled over her words trying to apologize though she couldn't get it out. She fell back as he hissed at her afraid he was going to attack her. "i was trying to apologize but you know what have your nightmares, enjoy the cold wall because now i'm not going to watch over you like i always do at night, i'm going to stop worrying about your nightmares. i felt bad enough but you want to hiss at me, you ever do that again and make me feel like you are going to hurt me you will end up in a lot more pain than me. she immediately woke up crying hard as she moved away from him and curling up on the floor. Her feelings affected her surroundings plants growing and vines starting to whip at the floor the loud crack of the vines hitting the wood echoing around the room.