TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Hm, I don't mind another round of Golds first. When they first came out, I didn't get as many as I would have liked because I thought the other colours would drop soon after. smile.gif

What I've seen so far as DRs go is a bias towards those already established in-cave. I mean, nothing wrong with that, they're all very talented and deserve to have their beauties included, because they've already been proven to be fantastic spriters.

I mean, recently, there's been several 'secret' releases, and they've all been done by established spriters, and were probably only worked on in that artist's subforum, which you can only be invited to when you become an official spriter for DC. So.... those secret sprites bypassed every single other sprite in the Completed List.

But I could be wrong, maybe they sat for years and years too (Except Xenowyrms because the mana concept is pretty new, but from what I believe birdz said, she worked on them in secret with only TJ knowing, not even in the subforum)

The Lunars HAVE been sitting for years and years since they were done at the same time as Shimmers, so... I'm probably wrong.

On topic, I think I'm actually good with gold lunars. I grabbed eight of them the first time around, I'm not generally one of those who hoard millions of any one kind of dragon, I just blanket grab everything. xd.png

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't trade lowgens for any because that would've been a really bad deal ahaha.

I'm glad such pretty dragons are commons, or uncommons, and not rares.

Could somebody please let me know how many hours difference it is between cave time and eastern standard time cause est is my time zone and I have a hard enough time remembering that neopets is 3hrs BEHIND my time (ie what is the cave time right now since it's 7:27 pm my time as this gets posted) and cave time to est is driving me up the proverbial wall.

Could somebody please let me know how many hours difference it is between cave time and eastern standard time cause est is my time zone and I have a hard enough time remembering that neopets is 3hrs BEHIND my time (ie what is the cave time right now since it's 7:27 pm my time as this gets posted) and cave time to est is driving me up the proverbial wall.

Cave time is the same as EST.

DC time is EST.

TJ lives on the East Coast of the US, so Cave time IS EST. I'm in the West Coast so I'm 3 hours behind.

Sooo...JUST the time stamp here on the forums is different since it shows as being an exact-ish hour behind the actual time of posting?*is so very adorably confuzzled*

What I've seen so far as DRs go is a bias towards those already established in-cave. I mean, nothing wrong with that, they're all very talented and deserve to have their beauties included, because they've already been proven to be fantastic spriters.

I agree with what you are saying. We haven't had a new in-cave spriter in almost a year. I wish DC would give more chances to new people for designs, because sometimes I like designs that non in-cave spriters have made more than one that has been released in-cave.

But this is my opinion.

TJ lives on the East Coast of the US, so Cave time IS EST. I'm in the West Coast so I'm 3 hours behind.

Actually he moved to the west coast recently, which is probably why we've had a couple 3am releases. 3am for DC time is midnight west coast time.

Sooo...JUST the time stamp here on the forums is different since it shows as being an exact-ish hour behind the actual time of posting?*is so very adorably confuzzled*

Your forum time is what you set it to be. You can make it the actual cave time or your own time zone, or watever you like. Controls...board setting (under options) and set it there.

Actually he moved to the west coast recently, which is probably why we've had a couple 3am releases. 3am for DC time is midnight west coast time.

Ah, I did not know that he'd moved. And yes, I've noticed the midnight drops, my time. lol

The time stamp of the posts is based on YOUR time you've set it to in your control panel. Cave Time will always be EST and events will be based on that. I know, it's confuzzling a bit.

Edited by Riverwillows

Actually TJ is in California for his job ninja.gif 'd

however the DC still runs on EDT/EST

I would say it's because the server is located there but I really don't know

2 spots for Gold Lunar Eggs, so I will be code hunting as I have 2 pair from each biome in gold

Edited by dragonpuck

You can set the forum time in your control panel under "board controls." Your's must be set to the wrong timezone. smile.gif

Edit: Also make sure you have the daylight savings button selected correctly, its in the same place.

Edited by weaseldale

This makes so much senseeeee....

(I live on the East Coast. *sigh* at future 3 A.M. releases)

So he releases them at midnight where he currently lives (West Coast)?

On topic: 16 more minutes :3 I haven't a single Gold Lunar yet sooo yay.

I could be wrong but I'm under the impression that the people that didn't acknowledge the theory that has been around for a bit must be frustrated about the "never-ending" release. People that embraced that theory had more chances of happily going their merry way, catching and breeding as needed, kind of "knowing" when the new release eggs they could need will be dropping. At least, that has been true for myself and for several friends of mine. Others keep continuously checking the forum and leaving slots available. Therefore, I would like to express my appreciation to those brilliant DCers that shared the theory with us.

Actually TJ is in California for his job  ninja.gif 'd

however the DC  still runs on EDT/EST 

I would say it's because the server is located there  but I really don't know

I would not bet my salary but, having checked (on my quest to figure out why we deal with so much lag) I'm under the impression that the server(s) is hosted by Datacate in Rancho Cordova, California.

Edited by NotBambi

If your forum setting is EST and it's an hour off you probably didn't tick the little check box for daylight savings time. That doesn't automatically adjust for when daylight savings is in effect for your area so you have to manually turn it on and off.

The cave is in Eastern Daylight Time right now. It will automatically adjust for the end of daylight savings time shortly.

Dragon Cave was started when TJ lived in the east. I don't believe he's ever said that's why cave time is the same as EST/EDT but it always has been. Even when the DC server was (briefly) on the west coast somewhere (Oregon? I can't remember) cave time stayed relative to EST/EDT. This is also true for when TJ graduated from college and took a job in California. This is not that recent a change for him. More than a year anyway. (I don't remember exactly...)

You could always go ask him in his mod thread over in site discussion. I'm sure he'd tell you.

... countdown to moon phase change.... 8 minutes. smile.gif

3 minutes now - and however many minutes the Cave lags at the hour...

ETA: Got a Gold in the Volcano but they don't seem to be flooding just yet.

Edited by oddsoxdi

DC Moonwatch report: Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) New

Eggs should be gold.

ETA: confirmed. Eggs are gold.

(edit to remove the url since I abandoned the egg...)

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Eggs are indeed gold.

(I had to track the only egg I had seen- and I didn't catch it in time- in the Volcano. For some reason, there was not a large flood this time.)

I can give proof, but it's not my egg so I'm not going to.

Edited by moonstone981

Yep, back to Golds.

Ah well, guess that's one more gold in my collection. Now I have 5 CB gold Lunar Heralds! ... I think...

DC Moonwatch report: Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) New

Eggs should be gold.

ETA: confirmed. Eggs are gold.

Yep, gold! Just got one.

Am I the only one who hates seeing the 'hidden in the trees' egg in the biomes that have new releases? xd.png

Yeah, they are gold. But they are not flooding. I hope the silvers will.