TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Dang. Tried to breed my Blues to get 2g gold eggs, but not a single egg was produced! blink.gif

Got either no interest or no egg produced (fortunately no downright refusals).

Dang. Tried to breed my Blues to get 2g gold eggs, but not a single egg was produced! blink.gif

Got either no interest or no egg produced (fortunately no downright refusals).

Me too. All of my lunar herald pairs bred without producing eggs.

When people keep saying CB Gold in this thread I automatically assume they missed a zillion CB Gold Metallics, even though they probably mean CB Golden Lunars @_@

Hopefully the silvers drop sooner or later because "CB Gold" can apply to two things xd.png

That's one of the reasons I call the golden version of the Lunar Heralds "Aurax" and not "Gold". xd.png

Prizes sometimes result in comparable headaches in the Trading section, though at reverse value (2G gold prize > 2G gold). I've seen people omit the 'prize' before. Argh. biggrin.gif

That's one of the reasons I call the golden version of the Lunar Heralds "Aurax" and not "Gold". xd.png

Is "Aurax" the official name for the gold lunar heralds?

How about "Aurax" "Chocolate" "Sapphire" and "Moon"??? Just a suggestion, I doubt it will be done. But certainly less confusing.

I don't see any confusion in Gold Lunar, Silver Lunar, Bronze Lunar, Blue Lunar. It's the same name scheme as shimmers.

How about "Aurax" "Chocolate" "Sapphire" and "Moon"??? Just a suggestion, I doubt it will be done. But certainly less confusing.

I wouldn't support Sapphire if we had one called Aurax. The blue/indigo should be Cirion, following that logic. I like Chocolate, even if it is a mouth full compared to Brown or Bronze. It seems fancier. tongue.gif Also, Moon seems too generic, but I can't think of anything better... so... yeah. xd.png

We could all (myself included) just stop being lazy typists and start including "Lunar" when we're talking about them... "CB Gold Lunar," "CB Silver Lunar," etc... rolleyes.gif

Is "Aurax" the official name for the gold lunar heralds?

No; there is no official naming scheme for them. smile.gif

My set of names for them is Aurax ("Gold") / Dark ("Bronze") / White ("Silver") / Cirion ("Blue"). (Though I do usually put 'Lunar Herald' after them anyway.)

'Chocolate' for the dark/bronze ones is cute, though! biggrin.gif There's a chance I might start using that.

Edited by pinkgothic

I've always thought of them as "Chocolate". They look so yummy.

Prizes sometimes result in comparable headaches in the Trading section, though at reverse value (2G gold prize > 2G gold). I've seen people omit the 'prize' before. Argh. biggrin.gif

I actually LIKE this idea quite a lot.

Makes it relatively simple to tell the two apart.

I hope the Silver Lunars fall better than this batch of Gold ones are.

I hope so, too. I expect they will flood for awhile since all the other colors have. It's just that the anticipation has built up so much that I expect the demand will be extra high.

I expect they will flood for awhile since all the other colors have.

This. I am also anticipating an initial drought due to the ratio for silver lunars being linked to another color as has been the initial case for bronze lunars and indigo lunars. I've got my fingers crossed this won't be the case, but I guess we'll find out Monday at 8PM.

What are you guys talking about? Last night I watched my friend grab three gold lunars IN A ROW from a single biome in a single drop. Some of us are seeing two totally different drops it feels like to me. o.o None of us using this laptop is having any trouble is all I can say!

What are you guys talking about? Last night I watched my friend grab three gold lunars IN A ROW from a single biome in a single drop. Some of us are seeing two totally different drops it feels like to me. o.o None of us using this laptop is having any trouble is all I can say!

Well, maybe you just have a very good connection? I can see them most of the time, bit my internet is too slow, so I miss them more often than not.

I hope the Silver Lunars fall better than this batch of Gold ones are.

Actually I was not expecting a flood of the gold Lunars since this is not a new release for the color. I think this is the way they will drop normally in the future. Not blockers, not rares, I i'm guessing they will not be uncommon either.

Here's a handy calendar through the end of the year, assuming the leading hypothesis is correct.

21 Sep - Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Gibbous - Silver

29 Sep - Waning Gibbous - Waning Crescent - Gold

3 Oct - Waning Crescent - New ---------------- Bronze

7 Oct - Waning Crescent - Waxing Gibbous - Blue

15 Oct - Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent - Bronze

19 Oct - Waxing Gibbous - New ---------------- Gold

23 Oct - Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Gibbous - Silver

31 Oct - Waning Gibbous - Waning Crescent - Gold

4 Nov - Waning Crescent - New ---------------- Bronze

8 Nov - Waning Crescent - Waxing Gibbous - Blue

16 Nov - Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent - Bronze

20 Nov - Waxing Gibbous - New ---------------- Gold

24 Nov - Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Gibbous - Silver

2 Dec - Waning Gibbous - Waning Crescent - Gold

6 Dec - Waning Crescent - New ---------------- Bronze

10 Dec - Waning Crescent - Waxing Gibbous - Blue

18 Dec - Waxing Crescent - Waning Crescent - Bronze

22 Dec - Waxing Gibbous - New ---------------- Gold

26 Dec - Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Gibbous - Silver

And for those super long-term planners among you, here's a calendar through 2020.

YAY!!!!

Thank you very much for creating this table! It's very easy to understand for anyone who is hunting a specific color.Thanks again smile.gif

Umm, to be exact, I (and I think the majority of theories/speculations) expect the Silver Heralds not on Tuesday, but on Monday (September 21st) at 8 pm DC-time. If the pattern of the phase changes is kept as it was so far.

(So, actually, for me it will be Tuesday when the silver Heralds are released, because I'm six hours ahead of cavetime, but I think it's better to always give such times in cavetime.) wink.gif

Thanks, @Lantean_Pegasus! Looking forward to seeing these Silvers! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my (Lunar) golds. I need three more for my scroll-goals. I won't have any Lunars off cooldown until tomorrow, which will still be gold dropping, but if I breed some tomorrow I won't have all my scroll free for when the silvers start dropping.

.... Or, like a dum-dum, I can actually count and realize that 3 golds plus 4 CB silvers (which is all I need) equals 7 so I'll be scroll-locked but it is possible to do it. *headdesks*

Given that Aurax is close to "aureus" (and probably derived from that term) calling them "gold lunar" is pretty much the same thing.

EDIT: Now I just need one gold s1 to freeze and I'm good for the silvers.

Edited by Ashywolf

Well, my scroll is going to be free and I just dropped a bunch of nicely-lineaged Coppers, Xenos and Reds to the AP which'll hopefully help keep people happy during the mad rush for the silver Lunars. biggrin.gif

I bred a Moonstone with a brown Herald and received a gold Herald egg. I don't know if this is because the Moonstone receives enough moonlight to "upgrade" what may have been a brown Herald egg or because we're receiving more of Aurax's light (Aurax is in waxing gibbous right now) than Cirion's light (which is in waxing crescent). I will try breeding a blue Herald with a gold Herald and see what I get. My blue Herald is an old hatchling right now, but it will mature soon.

When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced

I bred a Moonstone with a brown Herald and received a gold Herald egg. I don't know if this is because the Moonstone receives enough moonlight to "upgrade" what may have been a brown Herald egg or because we're receiving more of Aurax's light (Aurax is in waxing gibbous right now) than Cirion's light (which is in waxing crescent). I will try breeding a blue Herald with a gold Herald and see what I get. My blue Herald is an old hatchling right now, but it will mature soon.

Golds are dropping right now due to the phases of DC's moons. This means any lunars you pick up or breed right now will be gold. =)

YAY!!!!

Thank you very much for creating this table! It's very easy to understand for anyone who is hunting a specific color.Thanks again  smile.gif

You are very welcome!

I wish the silvers would drop already, I want them so much!!!

Monday, Monday, Monday! Almost time! Be ready!

Edited by Millie_Azure