TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I don't think I'm going to get as many silver/white lunar heralds as the rest--not because of how hard/easy they'll be to catch when they do come out, but because this has been quite a lengthy release and I'm losing interest in reserving my scroll for mostly lunar heralds.

I don't think I'm going to get as many silver/white lunar heralds as the rest--not because of how hard/easy they'll be to catch when they do come out, but because this has been quite a lengthy release and I'm losing interest in reserving my scroll for mostly lunar heralds.

I agree 100%, Jazeki! This has dragged on and on and onnnn for what seems very little return.

That will just leave more of them for folks like me who are waiting eagerly. wink.gif

I have managed to raise several batches of eggs, and expect to raise more, since I got the last of the blue ones that I wanted and before the silvers start.

I agree as well. Since the sprites aren't even my absolute favorites, and they've stretched on into another month (the one before a celebrated DC holiday, no less), I'm really wishing that this were just a normal multiple-breed release and not something that had to be super duper special.

That will just leave more of them for folks like me who are waiting eagerly. wink.gif

I have managed to raise several batches of eggs, and expect to raise more, since I got the last of the blue ones that I wanted and before the silvers start.

Yus. ☺ and don't we get gold again next? Hope so...

I missed the first Bronze round since I totally misunderstood the lunar phases thing xd.png

so I am very happy that I was able to get them now smile.gif

Well, people are predicting the golds will show up again tomorrow, run for 4 more days, THEN we get silvers for 8 days.

Soooo....in 5 days the silvers will drop??

Yup, pretty much. Here's my post from Monday on the prediction. Reposting it for new eyes. smile.gif

My current prediction is silver eggs will begin dropping on September 21st, at 8:00 PM Cave Time. Here's why:

Basically, Cirion has four day quarters. The Full moon (1 day) is included in the quarter count with Waning Gibbous (3 days), and the New Moon (1 day) is included in the quarter count with Waxing Crescent (3 days). Aurax has eight day quarters. Again, the Full moon (1 day) is included in the quarter count with Waning Gibbous (7 days), and the New Moon (1 day) is included in the quarter count with Waxing Crescent (7 days).

We had Cirion's FULL moon and Aurax's NEW moon on the 9th. Here is my calendar from that day:

Sept. 10 - Waning Gibous - Waxing Crescent

Sept 11, 12 - No Change, the 12th being the 4th day of the quarter.

Sept 13 - Waning Crescent - Waxing Crescent - Eggs are Brown/Bronze

Sept 14, 15, 16 - No Change, the 16th being the 4th day of Cirion's quarter and the 8th day of Aurax's quarter.

Sept 17 - New - Waxing Gibbous - Gold eggs return

Sept 18 - Waxing Crescent - Waxing Gibbous - Gold eggs remain

Sept 19, 20 - No change, the 20th being the 4th day of both moons' quarters.

Sept 21 - Waxing Gibbous - Waxing Gibbous - Silver eggs begin!

I need to -not- grab -anything- else until the gold eggs come back, because I still need 6 CB of those guys, and I'm scroll-locked with hatchlings rolleyes.gif

I'm actually kinda glad there's an extended release going on. Gives me a chance to organize my scroll and maybe collect a few of my favorite breeds from the Abandoned Page before I have to tackal the Silver flood. Plus, this week's been stressfully busy, so I'm glad I didn't miss them.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I understand the frustration of others but this release has been great for me. Because I thought the actual theory made sense, I readied myself for it. So far, has been like having a new batch every week or even more often. My play style would benefit from a release every week but I know it is not the most common one.

I do hope gold eggs return next...I still need one more female CB and an ungendered for freezing (though the latter can wait as I'm very low on available freezes).

Personally, I'm impressed with the variation in Release types; just hoping that we don't miss the actual Silver Flood and are generally able to load up on those as well - stunning dragons that I suspect will show up in many lines and lineages and for which many of us would like to be prepared.

And I'd like to get some more of the Golds myself, think those may be my favorite. But it's great when we have such gorgeous dragons at a Common rate where everyone can get them. biggrin.gif

I am betting the farm we will NOT get a September release, that this extended release was planned very carefully to give us something to do while waiting for the October/Halloween events. By the time the Silvers stop dropping, it will be the last 2-3 days in Sept, and there is no way TJ will do another drop back to back. By that time, I think we will all be glad of a 3 week break til Halloween.

That's my theory for all those asking for a September release. This WAS the September release as well as August.

And the Halloween week long event should kick off on Staturday, Oct. 24th, this year.

Edited by Riverwillows

A recolored alt is really no replacement for a real release, especially not when the next non-holiday dragon we'll get is in distant March. On top of that, this long, long release cycle has made me do nothing else but collect this dragon. However, since I already long ago got the amount I needed of everything but the silvers, that just means that I've been doing nothing since the blues came out. I have used the site far less than normal because I don't want to have any eggs to abandon whenever the silvers come about. This was a poorly planned release, honestly.

I am betting the farm we will NOT get a September release, that this extended release was planned very carefully to give us something to do while waiting for the October/Halloween events. By the time the Silvers stop dropping, it will be the last 2-3 days in Sept, and there is no way TJ will do another drop back to back. By that time, I think we will all be glad of a 3 week break til Halloween.

That's my theory for all those asking for a September release. This WAS the September release as well as August.

And the Halloween week long event should kick off on Staturday, Oct. 24th, this year.

While I agree with your rationale, I'm hoping that you are not right for what concerns the forecast. Assuming that the last color of this release will be in the cave within one week, that would leave more than one month between that and the Halloween release. So, I'm really really really hoping that the release of a different sprite will occur between now and then.

While I am not going to hold out on a September release, I am hoping that he manages to squeeze in a November or January release to sort of make up for no September release. TJ HAS released dragons on both months in the past, it isn't completely impossible for there to be a release then. And personally, as I find holiday releases kind of dull(particularly Christmas and Valentines), I hope there is at least one normal release.

Edited by Nectaris

While I am not going to hold out on a September release, I am hoping that he manages to squeeze in a November or January release to sort of make up for no September release. TJ HAS released dragons on both months in the past, it isn't completely impossible for there to be a release then. And personally, as I find holiday releases kind of dull(particularly Christmas and Valentines), I hope there is at least one normal release.

I would go further... I can't demand but I would be very happy if Holiday releases would not "interfere" with normal releases. For example, there would not be an evident clash between the current release AND a 9/26 or 10/3 "normal" release AND the Halloween release AND a 11/28 "normal" release. Similarly, I would welcome a "normal" release around 1/23/16. OK, I can hope, can't I? smile.gif

I would go further... I can't demand but I would be very happy if Holiday releases would not "interfere" with normal releases. For example, there would not be an evident clash between the current release AND a 9/26 or 10/3 "normal" release AND the Halloween release AND a 11/28 "normal" release. Similarly, I would welcome a "normal" release around 1/23/16. OK, I can hope, can't I? smile.gif

Me, too - it bites missing so many chances for New Releases half the year; even a few more single pretty Commons in appropriate spaces would be nice and hopefully help keep the biomes improving and the place livened up.

I agree. I see no reason not to have some nice re,eases in September and November. Also agree that Christmas and Valentine release boring since we can only catch two of them.

I think people are just a little pessimistic because of what happened last year. Last year we got Pyralspites released in late September, and then nothing but holidays and the raffle until late March when the Gemshards came out. So it really was six months without a regular release, and there was a lot of disappointment on the forums that that was the case. Doesn't mean it's going to be the same way this year, of course, but I can see why people are apprehensive about it. If it is the same way this year, it'll be seven months with nothing but holidays, because these technically came out in August and I personally doubt we'll get anything else before Halloween.

Personally, I'm ready for this release to be over. The sprites are beautiful, they look great in lineages, and the mechanics are kinda neat, but it's coming up on three weeks and I want to not have to plan around it anymore.

I need to -not- grab -anything- else until the gold eggs come back, because I still need 6 CB of those guys, and I'm scroll-locked with hatchlings rolleyes.gif

I'd like to get a few more golds too.

And a lot of silvers, when they make their appearances.

thumbs_up.png

cool.gif

Are we there yet?

It's theorised to change at 8 P.M. cave time tomorrow. So, about 21 hours from now, if the predictions are correct.

I'm more than a little sick of this Release now and just want it over so we can get on to other new dragons that aren't Holidays.