Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

thanks Shadowdrake!

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

1) You're guaranteed at least 2 pryanosts (one of which will be ap'd).

this is fine. i only need one. :D 

2) Fertility is unnecessary and will not be used up on holiday breeding season because it has no effect.

this is good to know, thanks!! :D 

5 hours ago, KageSora said:

Yes--hiding it will stop it from getting worse, but sadly if a dragon is too sick by the time it's hidden then it will die anyway.

Your best bet, if an egg seems seriously sick or has been sick for a while is possibly try to use Ward and then hide it.  Especially if the ward will last long enough for it to hatch, since hatchlings seem hardier than eggs (though they can still die as well)

Ahh ok thanks. I forgot to ward the egg that time, soo yeahh

oof

7 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

1) You're guaranteed at least 2 pryanosts (one of which will be ap'd).

2) Fertility is unnecessary and will not be used up on holiday breeding season because it has no effect.

Its actually possible to only get 1 egg from a holiday breeding. Its just nit common.

Is there a trade thread specifically for blood swaps? I've tried searching but nothing clear comes up (I might be answering my own question here haha)

14 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Its actually possible to only get 1 egg from a holiday breeding. Its just nit common.

That is specifically a glitch from breeding a holiday with a multiclutch dragon, ironically, so it doesn't apply here.

2 hours ago, Shadowsearcher said:

Ahh ok thanks. I forgot to ward the egg that time, soo yeahh

oof

Keep in mind Ward won't guarantee it will live, however--if it's genuinely too sick to recover in the 6 hours Ward is active, all it does is delay the death of the egg.

But it never hurts to use Ward because sometimes that 6 hours can make all the difference between it recovering or not.

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

That is specifically a glitch from breeding a holiday with a multiclutch dragon, ironically, so it doesn't apply here.

I've literally had it happen and I don't breed to celestials. Holidays give 1-4 eggs. 

45 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

I've literally had it happen and I don't breed to celestials. Holidays give 1-4 eggs. 

I don't suppose you had it happen this Halloween to screenshot the action log, or have a screenshot in general of it? I can believe it happens in a rare glitch, not as an actual feature.

Edited by Shadowdrake

8 hours ago, LegendOfKorraFan said:

Is there a trade thread specifically for blood swaps? I've tried searching but nothing clear comes up (I might be answering my own question here haha)

Maybe this thread could help? I thought there was a specific bloodswap one, but I'm not seeing it.

Or this one, perhaps?

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...

9 hours ago, KageSora said:

Keep in mind Ward won't guarantee it will live, however--if it's genuinely too sick to recover in the 6 hours Ward is active, all it does is delay the death of the egg.

But it never hurts to use Ward because sometimes that 6 hours can make all the difference between it recovering or not.

Alright, thanks!

9 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

9 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

So have I - next holiday I will be sure and get a screenie. Why should it not be a "feature"- i.e.something that happens sometimes ? Where, anywhere, is it stated that they WILL multiclutch ?

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So have I - next holiday I will be sure and get a screenie. Why should it not be a "feature"- i.e.something that happens sometimes ? Where, anywhere, is it stated that they WILL multiclutch ?

I am quite sure I have also gotten only 1 egg. The only thing guaranteed is that they will not totally fail, not that they will multi-clutch.

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I don't suppose you had it happen this Halloween to screenshot the action log, or have a screenshot in general of it? I can believe it happens in a rare glitch, not as an actual feature.

Do you screenshot every breeding you do? They have always given 1-4 same as celestials. And no I obviously don't have a picture because it's not something I considered notable.

It doesn’t appear to be a common occurrence from my experience, but I’ve gotten only one egg from my holiday dragons a couple times before. I can’t recall every single instance, and I didn’t take screenshots at the time it happened, but I do remember this dragon only gave me a single Cavern Lurker egg for his first holiday breeding during the Halloween of 2021: https://dragcave.net/progeny/5nHDU

Edited by Rhikasa

3 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Do you screenshot every breeding you do? They have always given 1-4 same as celestials. And no I obviously don't have a picture because it's not something I considered notable.

No, but I do pay attention to my results ever since last year when someone else claimed the same thing. Your Halloween results are still in the action log, you know, you can still look. That goes for everyone else too. For me, in almost 7 pages of breeding, the only singlet is with a painted ray aka a multiclutcher.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Because that goes completely against what TJ has said the purpose of holiday clutching is, to share them. What good would occasionally having 1 egg happen?Why would he waste his time adding it in but only for very rare occasions? To simulate that there are scrooges?

56 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

No, but I do pay attention to my results ever since last year when someone else claimed the same thing. Your Halloween results are still in the action log, you know, you can still look. That goes for everyone else too. For me, in almost 7 pages of breeding, the only singlet is with a painted ray aka a multiclutcher.

Here ya go!  I got a few unlucky breeding this year, lol.  Before this I was already locked up and eggs were auto-abandoning.  Checking dragons' pages as well reveals only one offspring for 2022 (well, that survived I suppose) 

"Silver Darkened" is a Black dragon, "King Crim" is a Royal Crimson dragon.

Screenshot_20221117_131756.thumb.jpg.6ca6694cf34603b9f6b813e9ce4cf0c3.jpg

Screenshot_20221117_132035.thumb.jpg.59cbafa453c5386577b56e6ffa84119f.jpg

As for "why would he waste his time adding that in"...  A singular egg was ALWAYS possible with multi-clutching.  All dragons used to be able to breed multiple eggs way back when, but eventually that was changed to only Holidays and we had Celestials and now Painted Rays as the other exceptions.  They could always lay 0-4 eggs, including getting a single egg.  Most of mine from back then bred single eggs but I have some records of dragons having bred several eggs from those days.  I can dig up more if you want, but if you check dates on BetaQueen's surviving offspring you'll find at least two multi dragons sets.  Here's one such pair of twins (though there's also some records of triplets!):

Screenshot_20221117_133307.thumb.jpg.47c1419c75980e933d3c8617e15e1115.jpg

Screenshot_20221117_133239.thumb.jpg.152d9138f80f95dd53b2e4997d325b90.jpg

So it isn't that he "added" it in as a feature and more that he didn't do the extra work to take the existing function out.

Edited by KageSora
Typo squashing--AGAIN

Because that goes completely against what TJ has said the purpose of holiday clutching is, to share them. What good would occasionally having 1 egg happen?Why would he waste his time adding it in but only for very rare occasions? To simulate that there are scrooges?

I assumed it wasn’t some kind of glitch since I’ve had it happen a few times before, which is why I never took screenshots of it, but it might be due to the dragon’s breed ratio perhaps? According to the ecology page on the main site, “if there are too many dragons of a specific breed, then competition for resources will be fierce, and dragons of that breed will be less likely to produce offspring.” During the holidays, there tends to be more eggs in the AP from certain breeds (usually the older holidays since they’ve been around longer). Although there isn’t a holiday breed that is more rare than others when it comes to hunting for caveborns (from my knowledge at least), dragons producing a single holiday egg on occasion might be due to the game trying to balance the amount of offspring produced by that particular holiday breed? Unless holidays aren’t subjected to that same balance system.

Edit: Only receiving a single egg from holiday breeds might be much rarer in comparison because DC guarantees your dragons will produce holiday offspring (they can’t simply produce none like other breeds since holidays can only breed once every year for a short amount of time), but the game still needs to balance the system somehow.

Edited by Rhikasa

7 minutes ago, KageSora said:

A singular egg was ALWAYS possible with multi-clutching. 

On the other hand, they also could have given 0 eggs but I don't ever see that happening on holidays. I doubt TJ just pasted in the code without edits. The clutching bug with celestials/rays gives singles a lot more frequently than it happening naturally (multiple people in discord have said they had no singlets this season), so I'm still inclined to believe it's some sort of glitch when it does happen. If they frequently give 2 or 3 they should give singlets more often than "once per 10-20 people", going by how regular clutcher x commons breed.

13 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

dragons producing a single holiday egg on occasion might be due to the game trying to balance the amount of offspring?

Celes x holiday used to be capable of breeding 0 eggs, so I'd think if ratios affected them that strongly we'd see singlets at least frequently, esp since 2-3 clutches is a common result.

I suppose I can't refuse this new evidence though, so I will concede and in future say "guaranteed unless DC hates you specifically and spits out a bug".

18 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Event dragon breeding has guaranteed at least two eggs for years now. It looks like there may be an issue with Celestials and Painted Ray Pygmies, which will be fixed before the Holiday event.

14 minutes ago, Dogmage999 said:

If two people somehow grabbed the same egg at the exact same time, who would get it?

There's no such thing as the "exact" same time. One is always earlier than the other.

43 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Event dragon breeding has guaranteed at least two eggs for years now.

Ah! Thanks for the response. Then the ones I was disappointed to only see one egg from must have been longer ago than that, because I know I had some.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Event dragon breeding has guaranteed at least two eggs for years now. It looks like there may be an issue with Celestials and Painted Ray Pygmies, which will be fixed before the Holiday event.

Huh.  Wonder what happened then that I only have one egg in the action log since I was locked up by the time I was breeding those.  Glitch?

I could imagine that an egg dying would explain why there's only one offspring listed for this year's breeding, but wouldn't they have still shown in the action log as having been bred then abandoned?  I kept no Arcana or Kohraki dragons from this year's breeding and I have none that are manually abandoned in my logs...

Or is it that if it dies then its removed from showing as having been auto'd in the actions log?  That would account for it, I suppose.

By the way, is the page title of the Action Log supposed to read "Account Settings"? It makes little sense now that the log isn't even located on the Account page anymore...

15 minutes ago, Tiira said:

By the way, is the page title of the Action Log supposed to read "Account Settings"? It makes little sense now that the log isn't even located on the Account page anymore...

Well, it seems that not everything got changed. :unsure:

The tab that opens when you click it does indeed say "Account Settings" although the title at the top of the page says "Action Log".

And the link is https://dragcave.net/account/actions  which seems to put it under account settings.

Not a major problem, but inconsistent.