TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

It is times like this though that I do wish we could freeze an egg. The are some of the most beautiful eggs I have seen.

Yeah, me too. :/

These eggs are absolutely gorgeous and I very much look forward to seeing the adults. ^-^

I was so surprised by the high prices people are asking for these or willing to give, I'm lucky I have friends willing to trade for stuff I can breed from my scroll.

I don't have many short lineaged prize dragons but I'm happy that my Guardians and Trios are such great breeders to help me out. smile.gif

Edited by Minkee

Hmm... this made me think.

You know how the GoNs produce different offspring based on the alignment (or whatever) of their mates? The squigglies are supposed to be big on mana, right?

What if they produce offspring of different colors (or, daresay, species) based on their mate's type of innate mana? Or, maybe each color can only successfully breed with dragons of a certain mana signature?

This is exactly what I'm thinking and hoping for at this moment in time. We'll see what happens once they grow.

Wait a minute... how are people getting hatchlings of their second batch already?

Wait a minute... how are people getting hatchlings of their second batch already?

Probably incubating the eggs if they have multiple reds. smile.gif

Probably incubating the eggs if they have multiple reds. smile.gif

Weird. I feel like I incubated my second batch yet they're at 5 days now.

Edit: Checked my action log - I did incubate them...

Edited by The Flash

It depends a lot on when they were caught. Some people were pretty early and reacted immediately as the new release infiltrated the cave, and caught the second batch relatively shortly after. smile.gif

It depends a lot on when they were caught. Some people were pretty early and reacted immediately as the new release infiltrated the cave, and caught the second batch relatively shortly after. smile.gif

Yeah, but even so. I was among the first grabbers, and my first egg just hatched yesterday. Even if you incubate, it still takes two days to hatch any egg.

A mystery...

Edit: Checked my action log - I did incubate them...

Likely trading as well. c: I have a few batches of hatchlings that were caught on the first day because of that that were already hatching/hatched when traded.

I don't get it... the release started at 10:00, right? I started a couple of hours later (2). Incubated the first batch - they hatched normally. Then I caught the second ones not very long after (since they were flooding then)... and then I incubated those. 0_0

could have possibly traded rares for second batch too

If people were to stop paying high prices for these new dragons, the very fastest people (and scripters) would be taking far fewer new eggs at a much slower rate, enabling the average player a better chance at catching them, although there will always be someone doing this, and possibly kicking themselves down the road either for paying so much for a Common, or for helping to make a new UnCommon rare.

Edit: forgot to change all of a sentence in accordance with alterations made, lol.

*Goes for cofffffeeeee!!!!!*

Hi Syphoneira smile.gif

I understand your point but... for many people a new eggs release is one of the few chances they get to trade for something nice that, usually, would be out of their reach. For example, I saw trades of 3G Prizes, that would normally ask for a CB metal, asking for new releases.

And, as you know, I'm not talking for myself, since I never catch new releases immediately and take advantage instead of low-time AP eggs and of the fact that is easier to catch rares in the biomes when everybody else is locked or targeting new eggs.

On your reference to scripters, I doubt that the majority of the people that downloaded and installed scripts would be able to modify them to avoid getting seven eggs from the same biome, so I doubt that's the issue here.

Edited by NotBambi

I need these to grow up so I can revel in their awesomeness D:

Right now ... it just makes me feel down that I only can have 5 eggs at a time.

Right now ... it just makes me feel down that I only can have 5 eggs at a time.

Same xd.png

Syph-I'm not sure what these high prices are. I did manage to trade a 4th gen shimmer for an extra volcano squiggle and a 3rd gen silver for one extra forest squiggle, but I ended up giving away two other dragons (a 5th gen shimmer and a 4th gen avatar with alts) without getting any offers. At that point, I was asking for any one CB hatchling (regardless of whether it was new or not). I've given up trading for now because I am locked and because it is actually easier for me to hunt for CB hatchlings in the AP than to wait for people to offer them.

I think what's going on is more of a mix of "I can use these new dragons to get the fancy things that I am missing" and the cave reacting to two days of only new dragons rather than the result of high prices. People always trade "high priced" things for new releases during and just after the initial drop.

Hi, Jazeki! smile.gif

Actually, to some a 4th gen Shimmer and a (darned hard to breed) Silver might be highly desired even over new eggs and at the moment, people may be less likely to have hatchies of any kind, other than the new ones, as certainly is the case with myself, apart from one cherished gift - and those full of new eggs/hatchies, possibly saving any remaining room for new eggs they hope to catch when theirs hatch, may have little or no room for anything not imperative, and a 5th gen or Avatar - even with Spriter Alts - might not be enough incentive for a trade of these, until their longer-term accessibility can be established, which could take a while.

Although I absolutely agree with your conclusion, the fact that these eggs are vanishing so quickly that those with slower refreshes apparently often aren't even seeing them would lead me to suspect that it's people with fast systems taking them at a high rate, and previous experiences with trading frenzies erupting under similar circumstances and some comments I've seen have led me to think that a fair bit of trading - or collecting in the hope of profitable trading - by some of the fastest (and cheaters) may be going on with those willing and able to provide high-level trades, perhaps for IOUS, which may or may not not be publicly advertised.

Yeah, but even so. I was among the first grabbers, and my first egg just hatched yesterday. Even if you incubate, it still takes two days to hatch any egg.

A mystery...

My sister and I caught a pair of each for me at the beginning of the release because I had enough dragons to influence them all correctly. When some of my eggs hatched (after incubating and putting into hatcheries), she sent me the eggs that she caught for me and filled her empty slots with her own eggs which now have more than five days left since she couldn't incubate. She sent me two of her new eggs to influence after she ran out of pinks, and we also made IOU promises to some people in the shape of 2nd gen metallics in return.smile.gif

Trading for hatchies of course.

Trading for hatchies of course.

Trades, IOUs, whatever people can think of basically. smile.gif

I love the new dragons, they are absolutely beautiful, but the new release system has become really dispiriting. The eggs vanish so quickly. I've been relatively lucky, but the collection system I built long ago is totally wrecked by this release. I catch 5 CBs and 5 breds of each breed. Multiply that by all of the alts and this just added 60 dragons to my scroll goals. And it's dropping like an ultra-rare.

I'm still working at it, but my housemate barely uses his scroll at all anymore. He watched me earlier today, muttered something about "nobody I can't bill makes me work that hard," and logged out of DC without doing anything other than gendering the eggs he caught on Day 1.

I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can last at this pace -- and I've been playing since '08. But I'm in grad school now and I can't spend hours stalking the cave, and I've NEVER lucked into the kinds of dragons that would let me trade for the things I can't catch. I feel like, ever since the January 2010 release, we've been punished for complaining about the way that one flooded the cave for a month by getting tiny, paltry, hard-to-catch releases. But anything that has six alts should never be anything but an ultra-common, and it's really disheartening that only three days after the release began, it's virtually impossible to see the eggs, let alone catch them. sad.gif

I'm not done yet, but I'm nearing my limit. sad.gif

Hi, Jazeki! smile.gif

Actually, to some a 4th gen Shimmer and a (darned hard to breed) Silver might be highly desired even over new eggs and at the moment, people may be less likely to have hatchies of any kind, other than the new ones, as certainly is the case with myself, apart from one cherished gift - and those full of new eggs/hatchies, possibly saving any remaining room for new eggs they hope to catch when theirs hatch, may have little or no room for anything not imperative, and a 5th gen or Avatar - even with Spriter Alts - might not be enough incentive for a trade of these, until their longer-term accessibility can be established, which could take a while.

Although I absolutely agree with your conclusion, the fact that these eggs are vanishing so quickly that those with slower refreshes apparently often aren't even seeing them would lead me to suspect that it's people with fast systems taking them at a high rate, and previous experiences with trading frenzies erupting under similar circumstances and some comments I've seen have led me to think that a fair bit of trading - or collecting in the hope of profitable trading - by some of the fastest (and cheaters) may be going on with those willing and able to provide high-level trades, perhaps for IOUS, which may or may not not be publicly advertised.

Yep. I realized when I was getting no offers on the fifth gen shimmer that I should save my breeding for another day because they weren't enough of an incentive to get any offers.

Hopefully things die down in the coming weeks.

I love the new dragons, they are absolutely beautiful, but the new release system has become really dispiriting. The eggs vanish so quickly. I've been relatively lucky, but the collection system I built long ago is totally wrecked by this release. I catch 5 CBs and 5 breds of each breed. Multiply that by all of the alts and this just added 60 dragons to my scroll goals. And it's dropping like an ultra-rare.

I'm still working at it, but my housemate barely uses his scroll at all anymore. He watched me earlier today, muttered something about "nobody I can't bill makes me work that hard," and logged out of DC without doing anything other than gendering the eggs he caught on Day 1.

I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can last at this pace -- and I've been playing since '08. But I'm in grad school now and I can't spend hours stalking the cave, and I've NEVER lucked into the kinds of dragons that would let me trade for the things I can't catch. I feel like, ever since the January 2010 release, we've been punished for complaining about the way that one flooded the cave for a month by getting tiny, paltry, hard-to-catch releases. But anything that has six alts should never be anything but an ultra-common, and it's really disheartening that only three days after the release began, it's virtually impossible to see the eggs, let alone catch them. sad.gif

I'm not done yet, but I'm nearing my limit. sad.gif

Calm down, they'll probably be cave-blockers in a couple of days... xd.png

Are they still being dropped or is it over now? Because the last 4 of my first batch just hatched and I thought I would be able to catch the second batch now, but the cave is already back to normal.