TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

3 hours left... meh. I'll go name my dragons while I'm waiting. biggrin.gif

Looks like I won't be able to get a second set of these, oh well :') They're gorgeous, though I wish they weren't so rare.

They just seem rare because of being snapped up so quickly right now, as so many people are still loading up on them all at once and fast catchers are also trading them.

People with fast refreshes see them while most people, having slower refreshes, don't see them, but they ARE Dropping, just blocked off behind uber-Commons and instantly being snapped up as they appear by the fastest.

The odds are that a few days will show a lot more of these, depending on things like what people are willing to pay the fastest catchers for what could be Commons merely snapped up instantly upon appearance in slow-moving biomes.

score!!! after hours of hunting I finally found another one. granted, not the variant I needed, but hey, whatevs

Knowing what adults look like also affects hunting since many people decide how many more they do and do not want based on what the final sprite looks like.

Still hunting for my second batch... Couldn't remember when the glitch was corrected in last release, but for this time I do hope the beautiful new eggs will come back for a while so I could get at least one pair from each biome.

If you don't refresh at just the right split second on the 5 minute shuffle then you won't see one even if it was there because it will be snatched up instantly by someone else by the time you can refresh again. So it demands perfect timing as well as very good reflexes to have any chance of getting one. If you miss the shuffle you won't likely get a chance until the next 5 minute one because the biomes are at a standstill. I am about to join those who have decided to wait a few days to even try to get more. My frustration level is just getting too high. sad.gif

I have tried all day and could count on the fingers of one hand the number of little mana eggs I have seen.

score!!! after hours of hunting I finally found another one. granted, not the variant I needed, but hey, whatevs
At least you have something now that you can probably trade for what you do need. smile.gif Congratulations!

Knowing what adults look like also affects hunting since many people decide how many more they do and do not want based on what the final sprite looks like.
And knowing the quality of Birdz' previous work, I expect them to be in high demand! Of course there is the matter of individual tastes, but good sprites are usually appreciated by the vast majority of players. Edited by purplehaze

and strangely enough, the dragcave clock is off from my computer's by about 15 seconds or so.

Computer clocks aren't very accurate. Mine's about 25 seconds behind the actual time. xd.png

People with fast refreshes see them while most people, having slower refreshes, don't see them, but they ARE Dropping, just blocked off behind uber-Commons and instantly being snapped up as they appear by the fastest.

Are there ways to speed up your refresh or is it just the computer and internet connection?

Mine is off by give or take 8 minutes. rolleyes.gif It used to be perfectly sync a year ago.

One hour one hour one hour till they grow up!

(Something to look forward to besides failing to catch any new eggs in 24 hours.)

I think pressing the link is quicker than refreshing, at least that's what I've found... though my laptop is pretty quick anyway, and I didn't have much trouble catching the egg I got after the flood. (though I rarely catch rarer than trios, so not that fast I guess.)

Man, reading through the last couple pages I'm glad I don't care much for CBs. I'm actually completely content with having 1 CB of each, my next batch won't come around until my hatchies grow up and I can breed them.

*bounces and pokes TJ's hatchies* Sooon!

Eeeek, do I see "4 Days 1 Hour" on a couple of those? I got here just in time! Yaaaas.

Eeeek, do I see "4 Days 1 Hour" on a couple of those? I got here just in time! Yaaaas.

Yaaaayy Birdz is here for the party! biggrin.gif

So close! *pokes my hatchies* come on gender. biggrin.gif

Are there ways to speed up your refresh or is it just the computer and internet connection?

You could try closing other programs to free up your CPU but it probably won't make a significant difference unless the program really puts a strain on your computer.

Is anyone else able to connect at decent speed most of the time, but slows way down at the 5-minute mark? Not just now, but always, whenever I refresh at a multiple of 5 it takes around 10 seconds to connect, which is generally way too slow to catch high-demand eggs like these. I'm assuming it's a mix between traffic and processing the new data from the site, but I'm not sure if it's a common problem or not.

You could try closing other programs to free up your CPU but it probably won't make a significant difference unless the program really puts a strain on your computer.

Is anyone else able to connect at decent speed most of the time, but slows way down at the 5-minute mark? Not just now, but always, whenever I refresh at a multiple of 5 it takes around 10 seconds to connect, which is generally way too slow to catch high-demand eggs like these. I'm assuming it's a mix between traffic and processing the new data from the site, but I'm not sure if it's a common problem or not.

Only lags at teh top of teh hour for me, not at the 5-minute mark.

Mine has been lagging at the 5 min mark for this release, but with the high demand eggs im not suprised. After a few days it normally speeds back up once the demand calms down. smile.gif

On my desktop however it is super slow all the time so I do all my catching with my laptop which is much faster.

Edited by majors

I'm eager to see how the adults look, and to find out if there's something special about their breeding.

I am very excited to see these as adults :-] *awaits patiently*