TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

Calm down, they'll probably be cave-blockers in a couple of days... xd.png

THIS.

Frustrating though it is, I think it is really difficult to guess how common/rare they will be yet. EVERYBODY is still hoarding them like mad, for one thing. The fact is that we don't know... once people have calmed down, we will see if they stay as rare as they appear to be right now.

Are they still being dropped or is it over now? Because the last 4 of my first batch just hatched and I thought I would be able to catch the second batch now, but the cave is already back to normal.

That's what everyone is complaining about, hahaha. The eggs all disappeared to everyone except those with blazing fast internet and cheaters. ;p I haven't seen one all day, much less caught one.

I love the new dragons, they are absolutely beautiful, but the new release system has become really dispiriting. The eggs vanish so quickly. I've been relatively lucky, but the collection system I built long ago is totally wrecked by this release. I catch 5 CBs and 5 breds of each breed. Multiply that by all of the alts and this just added 60 dragons to my scroll goals. And it's dropping like an ultra-rare.

I'm still working at it, but my housemate barely uses his scroll at all anymore. He watched me earlier today, muttered something about "nobody I can't bill makes me work that hard," and logged out of DC without doing anything other than gendering the eggs he caught on Day 1.

I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can last at this pace -- and I've been playing since '08. But I'm in grad school now and I can't spend hours stalking the cave, and I've NEVER lucked into the kinds of dragons that would let me trade for the things I can't catch. I feel like, ever since the January 2010 release, we've been punished for complaining about the way that one flooded the cave for a month by getting tiny, paltry, hard-to-catch releases. But anything that has six alts should never be anything but an ultra-common, and it's really disheartening that only three days after the release began, it's virtually impossible to see the eggs, let alone catch them. sad.gif

I'm not done yet, but I'm nearing my limit. sad.gif

Their current demand for being new is what is making them a bit hard to get. They are possibly a new breed in 6 different variants and everyone wants at them. So it will definitely be hard to get here and there but I doubt impossible. Sometimes patience is key when it comes to some dragons. Should you still be unable them there are many helpful gift threads out there. You can also advertise on your signature that you are seeking certain dragons and to be contacted to negotiate a trade. Some people will be kind enough to gift some to you, others will be gladly establish easy to fulfill trades for those who cannot catch anything of seemingly "rare" value.

I love the new dragons, they are absolutely beautiful, but the new release system has become really dispiriting. The eggs vanish so quickly. I've been relatively lucky, but the collection system I built long ago is totally wrecked by this release. I catch 5 CBs and 5 breds of each breed. Multiply that by all of the alts and this just added 60 dragons to my scroll goals. And it's dropping like an ultra-rare.

I'm still working at it, but my housemate barely uses his scroll at all anymore. He watched me earlier today, muttered something about "nobody I can't bill makes me work that hard," and logged out of DC without doing anything other than gendering the eggs he caught on Day 1.

I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can last at this pace -- and I've been playing since '08. But I'm in grad school now and I can't spend hours stalking the cave, and I've NEVER lucked into the kinds of dragons that would let me trade for the things I can't catch. I feel like, ever since the January 2010 release, we've been punished for complaining about the way that one flooded the cave for a month by getting tiny, paltry, hard-to-catch releases. But anything that has six alts should never be anything but an ultra-common, and it's really disheartening that only three days after the release began, it's virtually impossible to see the eggs, let alone catch them. sad.gif

I'm not done yet, but I'm nearing my limit. sad.gif

Honestly, the birthday releases followed this pattern exactly. They dropped solidly for two days and then were hard to find for a few days, and people wouldn't stop whining about it then either. Is it annoying? Sure, I'd like to get my paws on more of them too. But after those days passed, they became common again. It is much too early to start deciding these guys are rare when they're still so new and everyone is fall over themselves to try and get all of them. Of course they're going to be hard to get until the hype wears off/the cave levels stabilize. Give it at least a week after TJ's grow up to give up on ever getting these guys.

Personally, I'm spending my time fishing things out of the AP--or at least I will when I can dump the extra egg I accidentally picked up.

Gah, hit refresh BEFORE I clicked on that mana egg that popped up, now I have a nebbie on my scroll for 5 hours. rolleyes.gif

^haha, well it is prison orange so that's something, lol

Edited by Tawanda001

That's what everyone is complaining about, hahaha. The eggs all disappeared to everyone except those with blazing fast internet and cheaters. ;p I haven't seen one all day, much less caught one.

Aah okay thanks, I was too lazy to read everything in the thread. I feel a little dumb now haha

I'll wait 'till they become caveblockers then wink.gif

Gah, hit refresh BEFORE I clicked on that mana egg that popped up, now I have a nebbie on my scroll for 5 hours. rolleyes.gif

I'll take it off your hands should you not want it ;D

Hi Syphoneira smile.gif

I understand your point but... for many people a new eggs release is one of the few chances they get to trade for something nice that, usually, would be out of their reach. For example, I saw trades of 3G Prizes, that would normally ask for a CB metal, asking for new releases.

And, as you know, I'm not talking for myself, since I never catch new releases immediately and take advantage instead of low-time AP eggs and of the fact that is easier to catch rares in the biomes when everybody else is locked or targeting new eggs.

On your reference to scripters, I doubt that the majority of the people that downloaded and installed scripts would be able to modify them to avoid getting seven eggs from the same biome, so I doubt that's the issue here.

Hi, NotBambi! smile.gif

Oh, very true, and of course people will trade - the problem is that a *perception* of new dragons being rare tends to set up a vicious cycle which has in the past made various beautiful UnCommons rare - not for the fastest, perhaps, but for the bulk of members having slower refreshes.

You're certainly an expert in IT matters and I obviously defer to your knowledge - but even if relatively few scripters might know how to re-set scripts not designed to be easily altered by those with less ability, (or simply traded a number of the same eggs, or used 6 cheater scrolls) it wouldn't take that many fast catchers with multi-scrolls, on top of those not cheating, to cause virtually all eggs already in great demand and blocked behind uber-Commons to disappear so quickly that almost none may be seen by those with slower refreshes, leading them to think that the eggs are not Dropping well and are therefore rare. (Even if the Flood for what - 2 days and 6 hours or thereabouts? - indicate that these are not rare, to begin with.)

It really doesn't appear that these new eggs are at all rare in appearance, as even with many blockers in the biomes, people with faster refreshes are seeing a decent number, so if the perception of rarity isn't falsely accepted, we can avoid these becoming yet more 'invisible' user-created rares, simply because they're beautiful. smile.gif

Haha awesome, too bad it's not the blue variety!

Oh I know. It really is a shame......but if I ever win a prize you bet I'm going to make the code bird related (Obsessed with birds)

Or discover a new bright orange bird and name it julwoscow or something starting with j.

Hi, NotBambi!  smile.gif

Oh, very true, and of course people will trade - the problem is that a *perception* of new dragons being rare tends to set up a vicious cycle which has in the past made various beautiful UnCommons rare - not for the fastest, perhaps, but for the bulk of members having slower refreshes.

You're certainly an expert in IT matters and I obviously defer to your knowledge - but even if relatively few scripters might know how to re-set scripts not designed to be easily altered by those with less ability, (or simply traded a number of the same eggs, or used 6 cheater scrolls) it wouldn't take that many fast catchers with multi-scrolls, on top of those not cheating, to cause virtually all eggs already in great demand and blocked behind uber-Commons to disappear so quickly that almost none may be seen by those with slower refreshes, leading them to think that the eggs are not Dropping well and are therefore rare. (Even if the Flood for what - 2 days and 6 hours or thereabouts? - indicate that these are not rare, to begin with.)

It really doesn't appear that these new eggs are at all rare in appearance, as even with many blockers in the biomes, people with faster refreshes are seeing a decent number, so if the perception of rarity isn't falsely accepted, we can avoid these becoming yet more 'invisible' user-created rares, simply because they're beautiful.  smile.gif

Or to use an example from another petsite I'm in, when a pet is released that is perceived as special in some way (it is frozen in the second stage by the artist's design, or has unusual edits to the species lines, or has unusual coloring) people often overpay--which sets up a loop where people expect that much overpay and then start demanding more. This usually goes on until the rarity is established, after everything is finished growing, and these pets are usually no more than uncommon at the worst.

I'm seeing that same sort of pattern here. I refuse to worry about it until it's clear what the rarity actually is, once the cave levels stabilize.

Edited by silver_chan

Even though they are irritatingly hard to get right now, I am loving how much people are willing to pay to get the new hatchlings. xd.png

I mean.. It was sorta hard to catch another mana egg, but it only took me 15 mins. So I'm not too worried of these becoming super uncommon.

i can't believe that i'm hunting for my second batch, I can't see a single mana egg, but I do see a copper and yet i'm too freaking slow.... dry.gif

Edited by geminia

It seems that the distribution is not equal between the different biomes.

I managed to catch one each from Desert and Volcano this afternoon. However, I've been camping Jungle for a total of 4 hours so far (2 hours this afternoon, 1/2 early evening, over 1 1/2 now) and it's not that I haven't been able to catch one, I haven't even *seen* one! Not on the 5 Minute drops, not on the hourly (though there the lag might have something to do with it...).

So it's not a question of not being able to grab them, but rather of not seeing them at all...

Edit: I just saw *one*. At the hourly drop. But the lag was so bad, I didn't even try for it...

Edited by Ravensilver

So far - my hunt for a second batch has turned up only a single Volcano egg early in the day at the top of the hour drop.

On a different note - mis-clicks earned me some dragons I need for balance and encyclopedia purposes so - not a total loss.

Good luck everyone ~

Same here, I was lucky and caught one of each of the new eggs the night they were released, but even after incubating they've only just hatched today... and the one egg I didn't have an incubate left for is still waiting. Valley of Sherwood is telling me it's only a handful of hours until it does hatch.

Though I'll chime in and mention that I have only seen one of the new eggs in the wild since that first night, and even clicking it as quickly as I could I still didn't get it. Never saw another one, so I'm just gonna assume it'll turn out to be rare for me. I'm kind of hoping they gender like the Nebulas do, with each color only gendering a certain way.

Im not what you'd call a fast clicker, but at least the focus on the release helped me to grab a few other CBs I was needing while everyone else in my boat kept looking for these new things.

Edited by Chuint

Or to use an example from another petsite I'm in, when a pet is released that is perceived as special in some way (it is frozen in the second stage by the artist's design, or has unusual edits to the species lines, or has unusual coloring) people often overpay--which sets up a loop where people expect that much overpay and then start demanding more. This usually goes on until the rarity is established, after everything is finished growing, and these pets are usually no more than uncommon at the worst.

I'm seeing that same sort of pattern here. I refuse to worry about it until it's clear what the rarity actually is, once the cave levels stabilize.

Exactly! That's also what the low-gen Prize offspring are still very gradually recovering from.

And even beyond that, in two recent Releases, as you'll likely recall, some people apparently paid an arm and a leg for uber-Commons after a glitch stopped them dropping for a while and wanted to kick themselves later.

If these were rare, the fastest people wouldn't be seeing them so often despite the high rate of blockers preventing most from showing, even if those appearing get picked up too quickly for those with slower refreshes to see them at all - and they wouldn't have Dropped in a Flood for (I think) about 2 days and 6 hours.

Same here, I was lucky and caught one of each of the new eggs the night they were released, but even after incubating they've only just hatched today... and the one egg I didn't have an incubate left for is still waiting.

Valley of Sherwood is telling me it's only a handful of hours until it does, though.

Though I'll chime in and mention I have only seen one of the new eggs in the wild since that first night, and even clicking it as quickly as I could I still didn't get it. Never saw another one, so I'm just gonna assume it'll turn out to be rare for me. I'm kind of hoping they gender like the Nebulas do, with each color only gendering a certain way.

Im not what you'd call a fast clicker, but at least the focus on the release helped me to grab a few other CBs I was needing while everyone else in my boat kept looking for these new things.

Looking at your scroll sweetie, it seems that you got your first batch a day after on June 28th, not June 27th. I got mine before yours and they hatched yesterday with incubate.

Glad to see I'm not the only one not seeing many now that I'm trying to collect a second set. rolleyes.gif I think I've seen only two so far today (and missed both).

I'm kind of hoping they gender like the Nebulas do, with each color only gendering a certain way.

Looking at TJ's babies, each one has both genders.

Looking at your scroll sweetie, it seems that you got your first batch a day after on June 28th, not June 27th. I got mine before yours and they hatched yesterday with incubate.

To be fair, I think I snagged them sometime after midnight of the release. I did spend the day out elsewhere, but I still count it as the same night. tongue.gif

To be fair, I think I snagged them sometime after midnight of the release. I did spend the day out elsewhere, but I still count it as the same night. tongue.gif

Ah well okay then tongue.gif