TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

Missed the window to pick up seconds of each egg during the flood because out of town friends are visiting this week. Checking the biomes in odd moments of free time, it's gonna be a while before I have a full set of males for my girl squiggles.... dry.gif

I feel like I had a much easier time hoarding gemshards when they came out. Gemshards appeared and got grabbed quickly, but I'm seldom seeing any mana eggs in the 5 min drops.

Birdz hints make me thing their breeding habits are going to be *much* more interesting than that. And anyway, I don't think TJ would do that to us... but I guess we'll see.

ORLY?

Well, that is interesting. I guess I will have to wait and find out. I must have missed the hints in question, however... interesting.

I hope you will have a fun time with breeding them!

I'm very much looking forward to what people create lineage-wise with them, there will be quite a few cool lineage possibilities I think. C;

^ is the comment I meant. That says to me this dragon will be able to breed with the majority of the population, otherwise why would it have so many 'cool lineage possibilities'.

^ is the comment I meant. That says to me this dragon will be able to breed with the majority of the population, otherwise why would it have so many 'cool lineage possibilities'.

Well, I do find it fun to keep people on the edge of their seats... |D"

Hmmmmmmmm.... I can't wait to find out what Birdz meant by that. :3

After having been away from Dragcave for five years, I come back yesterday and pickup 4 of these in about five minutes, and while they are beautiful I decided to see what I could get after a bit of research, needless to say, I got 2 shimmers (1 gold and 1 silver) with beautiful step lineage and a 2G Gold. I'll be keeping my Alpine, but this is an awesome way to come back to Dragon Cave!

Just curious, what is the sighting level on these little guys? how many eggs have you seen? I'm not in a real desperate need or anything (I do have 1 of each color) I just wanted a set of each color and I have only caught a coast that last time. they are so bluesang-slippery!

*is stuck to the edge of her seat waiting for TJ's squigglies to grow up*

I'm not sure the last time I have been quite this excited for a new release. The eggs were so gorgeous, ditto on the s1 *and* s2 hatchies. Needs moar! xd.png

Still need one of each to make my initial pairs (except for the coast which I was lucky enough to already get an extra of during the first wave), and then 8 more of each for my scroll goals! blink.gifwacko.gif This on top of the hatchies for freezing. Plus I can definitely see myself hoarding these darling cuties.

Thanks birdz for the absolute beauty of these guys. Can't wait (breathless with anticipation) for the adults.

*goes to play with and obsess over her first hatchies*

I need one Desert to complete my pairs... but haven't seen a single one drop..

I need one of everything, so I envy you smile.gif

I'm getting more and more excited to see the adults the more I read this thread. Can't wait to breed them!

It is times like this though that I do wish we could freeze an egg. The are some of the most beautiful eggs I have seen.

Back when these guys first started suddenly mixing in with regular blocker eggs while still in huge demand, I saw a post saying something to the effect of 'Wow! People are trading these for huge offers!' (which is exactly what happened in two recent Releases when glitches occurred, causing some people to trade their first-borns and the shirts off their backs for new eggs which turned out to be uber-Commons,) so that here, again, people have immediately started trading these for large offers.

This causes various of the fastest catchers to catch way more of the new dragons than they would otherwise, not just for themselves but for trade, to go back, catch and trade more again repeatedly, potentially also for IOUs rather than immediate dragons to take up space on their scrolls, rather than filling up and waiting for their new eggs to hatch/hatchies to grow up on their scrolls to make room - and it also provides incentive for cheaters.

It's unfortunate that we haven't yet learnt not to immediately respond to a plugged Cave following a Flood during a Release by making high offers for new eggs which then can create 'invisible rares' from even mildly UnCommon dragons in a vicious cycle as perceived rarity, actually due to these piling up at the top of the fast connection/trading 'tree' pushing trade prices up further as the bulk of the membership does without, makes this cycle ever more worth-while for the relative few of the catchers with the fastest connections (and cheaters) the catching of such thereby-created rares are limited to.

Somebody earlier posted this link: http://dragcave.net/help/ecology which speaks from the perspective of the Cave programming.

However, the perspective of the members - constituting the actual raising environment which enables individual dragon survival in our area of the Cave - is opposite to this and typically regards over-populated eggs as being the blockers most of us already have enough of and the under-populated ones as being the hard-to-get dragons which therefore can command higher trade prices, in such cases as this potentially resulting in user-created rares where the newly Released dragons do not turn out to be Commons within a few days.

If people were to stop paying high prices for these new dragons, the very fastest people (and scripters) would be taking far fewer new eggs at a much slower rate, enabling the average player a better chance at catching them, although there will always be someone doing this, and possibly kicking themselves down the road either for paying so much for a Common, or for helping to make a new UnCommon rare.

Edit: forgot to change all of a sentence in accordance with alterations made, lol.

*Goes for cofffffeeeee!!!!!*

Edited by Syphoneira

Birdz hints make me thing their breeding habits are going to be *much* more interesting than that. And anyway, I don't think TJ would do that to us... but I guess we'll see.

Hmm... this made me think.

You know how the GoNs produce different offspring based on the alignment (or whatever) of their mates? The squigglies are supposed to be big on mana, right?

What if they produce offspring of different colors (or, daresay, species) based on their mate's type of innate mana? Or, maybe each color can only successfully breed with dragons of a certain mana signature?

Ok, one of my eggs hatched and now I can try catch the last one I need. Desert, I'm coming!

@Syphoneira - how very true. I have actually been gifted one out of the blue after I posted about my problem. Trading for big "money" is SILLY. And helps no-one except the fast clickers.

I'm torn between pouring in a lot of effort to get the last two eggs I need to have at least a basic pair from each biome (usually I'd collect two pairs per sprite set, plus three hatchlings for freezing) and giving away the set of eggs I've influenced male to people that've been less fortunate. Argh.

I guess the sane way to handle this would be to wait and see if they're going to stay this scarce.

Edit: Squee; I traded a chicken hatchling for a new release hatchling, so I just need one more egg for basic pairs (assuming I can biome-swap the ones I have/get). I guess I'll focus on that!

Edited by pinkgothic

Haven't seen one in the cave for a while now... there were a few popping up maybe 12 hours ago before I went to bed... all I want is a desert one! then I'll swear off the stuff for good!(or at least for a few days.. unsure.gif )On the bright side some could be making it to the AP soon

Well, I still lack 3 eggs to complete my pairs, but today I haven't even seen any of them, despite hunting at the top of the hour and in the 5 minute drops.

Hope they will become easier to catch later in the week.

@Syphoneira - how very true. I have actually been gifted one out of the blue after I posted about my problem. Trading for big "money" is SILLY. And helps no-one except the fast clickers.

I am not too upset about it I was only able to catch a few and I got 2 alts and a blusang for them xd.png I just hope they are common so I can catch up...

Syph-I'm not sure what these high prices are. I did manage to trade a 4th gen shimmer for an extra volcano squiggle and a 3rd gen silver for one extra forest squiggle, but I ended up giving away two other dragons (a 5th gen shimmer and a 4th gen avatar with alts) without getting any offers. At that point, I was asking for any one CB hatchling (regardless of whether it was new or not). I've given up trading for now because I am locked and because it is actually easier for me to hunt for CB hatchlings in the AP than to wait for people to offer them.

I think what's going on is more of a mix of "I can use these new dragons to get the fancy things that I am missing" and the cave reacting to two days of only new dragons rather than the result of high prices. People always trade "high priced" things for new releases during and just after the initial drop.

Edited by Jazeki

Ah. Didn't know.

I'll just go hide now... yeeah...

*vanishes*

Hi, RogueSunshine! smile.gif

Just to mention, it's VERY important that you follow advice and contact TJ and explain about this, because it hasn't been mentioned that all scrolls are burnt otherwise, and it's evident that you won't know that either and will want to keep your scroll.

At the end of this hour my remaining babies will come out of their shells, and I will finally be able to give them names! wub.gif I already have one for the male influenced from the jungle. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*