TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

Thank you for these 3 new additions to the cave! I am once again, grateful and appreciative, of the time and effort everyone puts in to make this (And all past events, dragons, and fun stuff) happen. You all rock! Not every dragon, past or present, will be my cup of tea but I sure as heck respect everyone that brings them all to life for us. Thanks, again!

Also, in my many, many years wandering the caves I've never felt a need to collect/hoard a Pygmy of any type. Well aside from my Pumpkins who I love with a fiery passion! I can probably count my non-pumpkin pygmies on one hand, with a finger or two left over.

That is about to change! laugh.gif Now that they have flooded the cave again I've locked myself with a whole new batch of just them. And one GSD to even out my numbers of them. CB Pumpkins, rest up.. you will have work to do in the very near future.

Every dragon in Valkemare is amazing,

and these three new ones are no exception.

They are amazing.

Thank you artists/spriters for a job well done.

--

dragons here aren't even allowed to be bee size m8

and having 'insect wings' seem to be heavily frowned upon.

'dragon wings' are essentially bat wings*, and those exist.

*unless theyre feathered or somesuch, in which case, birds.

If the above is referring to the post I quoted, pointing out that 'a faulty analogy' had been used to indicate that flight should be impossible in an organism which flew nonetheless, the point was that entirely different principles may apply to different beasties achieving similar overall results.

The point was that we may simply not understand the mechanisms involved in the flight of certain dragons - could it be that the answer lies in the realm of magic - i.e.: quantum physics? laugh.gif

:/ The like the female Pygmy and both Hooktalons are fine but the Drake? Not collecting anymore of those. I've seen Darkes in the Request and Completed thread that I find far more appeling then these ones which were picked because a previous in-cave spirter made them. I wish we could see more new spriters in caev someday.

CB Pumpkins, rest up.. you will have work to do in the very near future.

Sounds like a bunch of us are thinking about pumpkin x magelight checkers? Yay.

I can be bribed, Odeen. I do have CB pumpkins.

83 I will keep that in mind, ty

Sounds like a bunch of us are thinking about pumpkin x magelight checkers? Yay.

Seems so. smile.gif I've inf'd this new batch to pair up with my Pumpkins, but I'm also going to collect some DM Pygmies as well. I like the idea of the neon coloring paired up with the dark of the DM.

:/ The like the female Pygmy and both Hooktalons are fine but the Drake? Not collecting anymore of those. I've seen Darkes in the Request and Completed thread that I find far more appeling then these ones which were picked because a previous in-cave spirter made them. I wish we could see more new spriters in caev someday.

Wooaaah. I mean it's okay if you don't like them (or want to see new artists), but come on... To imply the only reason they were released is because of the artist is unfair. :c I happen to find them cute, and I doubt I'm the only one to find them appealing.

I didn't want to post in here (2muchdrama4me, I'm on vacation) but this just struck me as a little too much.

Anyway, though. I like all three breeds, but the majority of my feels go to the Magelights. They're precious.

These little Magelights are my fav. Hooktalons are in second. Greater Spotted Drakes are my least favorite, but as all dragons on DC, I enjoy them all the same.

But these little neon green babies are so precious let me tell you. Fav pygmies. They may even be one of my favorite dragons of all time. I want to collect more. -runs off-

I promised myself that I wouldn't freeze a single hatchling when I joined this site...

But I love the Magelight s1 and s2 sprites and the Hooktalon s2 soo much I may break that promise.

Or just grab so many of them so that I can witness their beauty for about 3-4 days xd.png

I feel like one of the only ones who really really likes the GSDs, but I do. I have a weakness for horns/antlers and for spots, and these just really appeal to me. I love both the others, but I think I might start a little hoard of GSDs.

I promised myself that I wouldn't freeze a single hatchling when I joined this site...

But I love the Magelight s1 and s2 sprites and the Hooktalon s2 soo much I may break that promise.

Or just grab so many of them so that I can witness their beauty for about 3-4 days xd.png

I don't Freeze, either, but have been deeply tempted by the MageLight hatchies...

Granted, I do have a bias toward Pygmies and those amazing colours, but I personally think that the Drakes are cute and love the unusual coloration and pose which reminds me of hatchies and that the amazingly !!!RED!!! Hooktalon are serious freaking dragons which probably shoot freaking laser-beams out of their eyes.

I will continue to hoard all of the above, with many thanks to the spriters and TJ. smile.gif

and that the amazingly !!!RED!!! Hooktalon are serious freaking dragons which probably shoot freaking laser-beams out of their eyes.

user posted image

I really like both the magelights and the spotted drakes. I can't wait to breed the drakes to my ochres and night glories--the babies are going to be so pretty! The hooktalons are nice too, but not my cup of tea. I love that we got new additions to the breeding pool for all the limited breeders this release. Great choices for DC's birthday!

I love the drakes a lot too... in fact there isn't a single sprite on this site that I can say I "dislike" sure some are far prettier than others in my opinion *cough* first several adults on my scroll *cough* but what can be prettier than a dragon, no matter the type?

I just went and named my hatchies to reserve their names and I couldn't think of one for my drake. Then I started to think about ice cream and this happened ->My Drake Hatchling xd.png

Edited by Clya

I'm personally not too keen on the two-headed and the drakes, but the pygmies are so adorable and I want an army of them! *w*

Idk what the drama is over the drakes, I like them x3 They have a kind of loveable sad Eeyore expression and remind me of hyenas! And I adore pygmies in general so I was psyched to have a cute new addition to them <3 The round belly and wide hips of the female hooktalons struck me as odd, but maybe she just got done eating all the food she won in a fight. ;3 I love the wings on her design. That pattern, those colors!

Thrilled to death too that they're dropping much more readily now. I was so sad when I thought I'd missed them for good yesterday. Thank you to all the artists who gave us these three new arrivals!

I do not collect pygmies, drakes and two headed dragons but I'm really happy with this release. It was time to have a release for people that love those types. Thank you spriters and TJ.

Can I call the Magelights "Candlebabies"? I have a new dragon on my list of top favorites wink.gif

Can I call the Magelights "Candlebabies"? I have a new dragon on my list of top favorites wink.gif

I'm calling the Jackie dragons, cause they'd make great Jack-o-lantern lights. tongue.gif

I'm calling the Jackie dragons, cause they'd make great Jack-o-lantern lights. tongue.gif

Yet another reason to breed them with Pumpkins, if you have CBs xd.png

Off topic but does anyone figure when the Encyclopedia articles for the Gemshard, Plated and Striped River Dragons come out? It's been almost two months I believe and I really want to see their articles (and the Angallias still needs its).

Condor, there are a lot more breeds besides those waiting for their encyclopedia entries. I think the answer is "whenever they are written and TJ gets them added". Two months doesn't seem like that long considering.

Condor, there are a lot more breeds besides those waiting for their encyclopedia entries. I think the answer is "whenever they are written and TJ gets them added". Two months doesn't seem like that long considering.

I think Condor's point about those three specifically is their pictures aren't even in the Encyclopedia, but I think the answer is the same regardless.

I hope they get put in there soon! I can wait for the info, I just want the pictures tongue.gif