Laura-Lana

April Fool's Day Prank

I thought TJ had forgotten it this year or decided not to do one. But ... anyone else noticed something special about the eggs from April 1th?

xd.png

(Couldn't find a topic like this by searching manually or with the search funktion - Hope I used the right key-words)

There's a topic in the Help section where people have their hatchlings grabbed on April 1st show up as eggs laugh.gif So yes, people have noticed. Not sure if this is considered a duplicate thread though wink.gif

There is indeed a thread, here!

This did amuse me a lot, though I was really worried my eggling was a horrible glitch. xd.png

Ah - No wonder that one eluded me. The titel doesn't say April's fool and that was what i was looking for. And of course when I manually searched I wasn't looking in the help section.

But seriously was I the only one who was surprised when there seemed to be no joke from TJ at april the 1th?

I was surprised yes, but then i was like: TJ is not the person to forget All Fools' Day. ninja.gif

I was disappointed that there was nothing. cool.gif

This years prank is something that could have come from my evil overlord mind. *insert evil laughter here* I like it very much.

I reckon in a couple of days the dragons that are stolen or bred on 1st of April are back to normal. But i admit i like the idea of somthing special about this eggs as a reminder for us.

Personally, I HATE April Fool's Jokes.. and while this one is pretty mild, it's still an annoying PITA and I'd prefer it to go away.

The joke on MagiStream was FUN, not annoying. MS gave us new special creatures.. silly and unbreedable, but cute and FUN.

blink.gif So it WASN'T a glitch. Well it looks like I have 8 eggs now, so yay. xd.png

As it turns out, this April Fool's prank isn't the end of the world. I've even traded a normal Blue hatchie for a blue eggling-hatchegg, just so I can have three 'Nogo' Gems to go with my 'Inzie' Colossi.

Actually, TJ has neither confirmed nor denied (to my knowledge) that what is happening with the eggs born on April 1 is a prank.

Actually, TJ has neither confirmed nor denied (to my knowledge) that what is happening with the eggs born on April 1 is a prank.

If it was a glitch, I think TJ09 would have fixed it by now.

So the joke is that he had us hyped for a joke and it never came!

Lol, the joke was that we were waiting for a joke, thought there wasn't going to be one, and then had it sneak up on us when we least expected it.

I thought the concept was very clever and quite hilarious.

I could have sworn this happened to my eggs before, so I didn't even consider it was a prank.

I loved the prank! Really clever. Too bad I have none of my eggs from april 1st, none of my current eggs hatched yet and they are all after april 2.

I was so disappointed that my frozen "egg" has since become a standard run of the mill hatchie. Dang.

I doubt they'll stay eggs when they grow up, since the frozen ones don't stay eggs, but I'm enjoying myself in the meantime.

I like! xd.png

I have all my babies fogged, but I'll post all their names after they grow up. I must say, though, I was very, very pleased to get Ollie Ollie Oxenfree. biggrin.gif

So, did we get confirmation that the egg-hatchies are in fact an April Fool's joke? Or is it still unclear if they're a joke or a glitch? I'm confused.

No, I haven't confirmation from TJ, but I don't really get why we need him to state the obvious. The May 31th eggs hatched normally as did all the eggs before, the april 2nd hatched normally so this isn't something that will happen to later eggs. To be coincidence this very odd glitch which just happens to have such a harmless but funny effect had to happen coincidentally only for april 1th eggs and coincidentally in the one year where TJ didn't seem to do any prank.

Not as if he has never done a prank in regards to the eggs before either. Remember the Biggest Release Ever prank?

Edited by Laura-Lana

I'm glad that didn't just happen to me, I was really worried yesterday when that egg didn't turn into a hatchling. Thought sth was wrong with my computer or there was a weird new glitch. xd.png

It's a tad annoying though as I'd like to see at first glance which gemstones colours I already have on my scroll. But I can deal with it as long as this egg will not stay an egg forever but will turn into an adult dragon at the end. Otherwise I'll have to abandon/release it.

Egglings are amusing. xd.png Although it feels like a glitch, I wish them to stay as eggs and never grow up. xd.png

If you freeze one of these guys it'll just turn into a normal hatchling, right? Or can I have a frozen egg?

If you freeze one of these guys it'll just turn into a normal hatchling, right? Or can I have a frozen egg?

mine turned into a frozen hatchling