Laura-Lana

April Fool's Day Prank

I've collected 17 of the April 1st eggs. Froze one messy Black from the AP, and I can only see it as an egg on its Actions page. I'm scroll-locked for another 14 hours, currently have 6 eggs, 10 egglings, 4 hatchlings and the odd little fogball. Got a family screenshot with all the eggies. biggrin.gif

I know some people have been worried about all of this, but I am really having a lot of fun. I'm sure all will be restored when it is over. Thank you, TJ, for your truly amazing prank! xd.png

No, I haven't confirmation from TJ, but I don't really get why we need him to state the obvious. The May 31th eggs hatched normally as did all the eggs before, the april 2nd hatched normally so this isn't something that will happen to later eggs. To be coincidence this very odd glitch which just happens to have such a harmless but funny effect had to happen coincidentally only for april 1th eggs and coincidentally in the one year where TJ didn't seem to do any prank.

Not as if he has never done a prank in regards to the eggs before either. Remember the Biggest Release Ever prank?

Well, I think since new help threads are continually appearing asking why the hatchlings are like this and April Fool's Day has long passed without the dragons returning to normal on their own, I think there should be confirmation--especially since TJ has made announcements/April 1 forum posts in the past.

So that's what happened. I was confused as to why my hatchlings appeared as eggs. I checked the date they were stolen and it was April 1st, what a coincidence. tongue.gif

I just hope it ends soon. I really don't want to wait 2 days for them to grow up. The high of this prank is starting to wear off for me.

I guess that's the point of April Fools, though, to annoy people.

Edit: THEY'RE FIXED THANK GOD.

Edited by Earth Gurl

I still think it's a lot of fun, but admittedly I don't have them that long, so who knows I might get irritated along the way too. I grabbed April 1th eggs from the AP after a former student of mine pm'ed me about their eggs and I had to have that on my scroll too.

No reason to panic even if it were a glitch though. The 'eggs' behave like hatchlings once they hatch (don't count toward the egg limit) and if one clicks on the egg they show up as regular hatchlings too.

The festival of eggs page not showing for first time participants on the other hand - that looks very much like a true glitch.

Quoting Sock from the Help thread:

Please do not name call or tell others how they should feel in that thread. I deleted such posts in this thread rather than give out warnings, but if I see that behavior in the discussion thread, I will start warning people.

Those name calling and telling others how they should feel in this thread will be warned.

When someone asked in TJ's ask a mod thread whether there was going to be no April Fools joke that year, he just replied that there wasn't one last year either. He didn't specifically say there wasn't going to be one. That made me a bit suspicious. ninja.gif

If it was a joke - I will admit, it was amusing to me (seeing a 5th stage egg sprite instead of my little Gemshard hatchlings) - but at the same time, it did make me worry a bit.

All in all, I'm glad things are back to normal - makes it so much easier to trade/release hatchlings if they turn out to be the wrong gender...

All my April 1st affected babies back to normal, woke up this morning and my fogball is back to being a regular little Gemshard too. I'll post the screenshots with all the eggs and the fogball when everyone has reached adulthood. smile.gif

My first pair of Plated from the 1st grew up, and they like each other, with an egg that autoed to the AP. If anyone finds it, I hoped it gets well named and loved. <3