20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

Well let's get this horror show on the road then. -he thought, already salivating from the prospect of a delicious breakfast that didn't consist primarily of unwanted fur. He followed the two idly to the group and glanced between it's members. It looked like they had a pretty good setup going for them. Just enough to take down a large animal, but not too much to cause confusion or unnecessary delays.

Curiously enough, he'd only spoken no more then a few shallow words with most of these wolves. When he glanced at Torbjorn, it was painfully obvious what he was thinking about. Torque was perceptive, but Torbjorn's business with Red was none of Torque's business. Still, every bit of information was worth it, and Torque knew this quite well. Idly walking after Aurora, he nudged her and spoke quietly:

Are we going that way? Because if so, well... there is something you should know about the area in that direction. I was skulking around there and caught some unfamiliar scents. I'm not saying I know that others we don't particularly might not get along with so well might be there... but I suspect so. -he tried to verbally dance around the idea of having sniffed out a trespasser. After all, he hadn't told anyone and didn't feel like being yelled at for his lack of initiative.

Edited by Brotato

((I can have Max interact with her mouse smile.gif))

Maxine, Subordinate

After Max was done helping out the elders with whatever else they might have needed help with, she noticed Hiera off to the side so she went to go talk to her (can edit if she's not where I thought she is ^^'). "How are you doing Hiera?" she asked her after she had laid down beside her. She wasn't sure when she was due to give birth but she just wanted to check on her and also give her some company for a little while. Since no one else had, that she noticed, interacted with the former she thought that she would because she wasn't busy with doing anything and was free.

Edited by redfox

TORBJORN

Out of the corner of his good eye, Tor caught a glimpse of Torque studying him. Ordinarily he would have shot the other male a cold look in the hope of being ignored once again, but before he could do so the other wolf hurried after Aurora. He watched closely, ears pricked forward to catch their conversation. He overheard Torque murmuring in her ear in a hushed, urgent tone. The words 'unfamiliar scent' made it back to him. He filed the information away silently. Perhaps this wouldn't be a typical hunt after all. He watched the two for a moment more. The gray-pelted wolf hadn't yet made his allegiance known, seeming instead to remain neutral. His interaction with Aurora made Tor suspicious. Surely he was intelligent enough to know Ace was relying purely on destiny to maintain his leadership...

Esko, Beta Male

Esko panted. Finally. They could kill this thing. Much obliged. He raised his claw and struck down the final blow, killing the stag. He panted. Well that was fun. He said, trying to lighten up the situation just a bit. Now come on. Get to dragging this thing. And he grabbed a leg and started to pull

Hia~

The wolf had fallen into a half-sleep when a familiar and kind voice spoke up. "Oh, hello," Hia said, "I'm fine. Thank you for asking. How are you doing?" She asked.

Hachi~

Hachi picked up a leg with his teeth and dragged the deer. Kia was pushing the deer's back as they dragged it back to camp. Kia panted a bit, but the males stayed strong as they pushed it back to the dens.

Maxine, Subordinate

"You're welcome and I'm doing just fine as well," Max said in reply with a smile before looking around the inside of the cave. "I just thought that I'd keep you company for awhile if that's okay before I go patrolling on my own later. I will, of course, ask Ace's permission first before I do that but I think that he's out on a hunting patrol right now with a few other wolves from our pack so I'll have to wait until he comes back." She then looked back over at Hia after a little while longer of looking around the cave and smiled again at her before looking towards the entrance of the cave and then over at the elders after that. She just wanted to make sure that no unwelcome guests would enter their cave as well as make sure that the older members of their pack were still doing okay.

Edited by redfox

"Okay, thanks," Hia said. A couple moments of silence passed before Hia's mind drifted to her mate. "Hach's been a bit high strung lately," She commented absentmindedly. "We've been complete opposites of how we were before... I've been so easygoing and Hach's been all over the place."

Aurora

Aurora's good feeling went down the drain as soon as she heard Torque's news. Not wanting to raise alarm with the rest of the group, she continued walking with Torque at her side. Aurora was now worried. Having trespassers on their hunting grounds was not good. That meant less food for the pack, which was not acceptable during these harsh times. However, running into a pack of trespassers while hunting would be very dangerous for all the wolves involved. She didn't want to endanger anyone in her pack, especially those she cared about, but they needed the food.

Aurora could guess by Torque's nervous speech pattern that he probably hadn't told Ace about these 'unfamiliar scents'. She was glad that Torque trusted her with this information, since he could have simply withheld it and not risked getting in trouble. Plus, it wasn't her position to scold him. She thought over what he said, and came up with a plan. She whispered back to Torque, "alright, thanks for telling me."

She stopped walking and asked everyone to hear her out for a moment. "Torque just told me that the last time he came out this way that he smelled something unfamiliar. Now, this may mean nothing, but there's also a chance that there's a pack of trespassers on our hunting grounds. I think we should still go hunting since we need the food, but if anything is off, if we see or smell something we don't recognize, then Red and I could go patrolling to see if we can find out what's going on while the rest of you hunt for food. Does anyone have any objections?" Aurora felt bad for putting Torque on the spot, but she wasn't going to keep this information to herself. There was no way she was going to endanger her fellow pack members for the sake of Torque's pride.

She then realized that her own pride was going to hurt bad if Torque's information was wrong. Perhaps she was putting too much trust in him, but better safe than sorry, right? She wanted Torque to be wrong so that there would be nothing to worry about, but her selfish side wanted him to be right so that she wouldn't look stupid.

Oh, wonderful. -Torque mumbled. If he wanted this publicly announced, he would have well just announced it by himself. He sighed and braced for the upcoming scolding from the pack leader, while at the same time thinking of a way to verbally dig himself out of his own grave. He already had several responses to the question "Why didn't you tell me?!" ready that would have saved his hide, though they were all blatant lies, he ran the scenarios they depicted through his head and settled with the one that was least likely to trip him up.

As for Aurora's decision to just announce this publicly and put him on the spot like that, his jimmies were rustled, but ultimately it didn't show beyond a light scowl on his face. Torque knew how to keep his composure, but he now had something to remember about Aurora, she wasn't very tactful. The smart thing to do would have been to spread the rumor around the pack members as if taken from an anonymous source. No one would have been put in their place, and everyone would have been on alert for potential threats. All in all the message would have gone though, and the desired effect would have been achieved.

Still, he wiped that scowl off his face, kept his composure, sat down next to Aurora and cleared his throat.

The scents were faint, but they were real. There is every possibility they were old. I've no prior knowledge of whether or not intruders have been dispatched in the area beforehand. Due to how faint the scents were and the fact I didn't hear or see anyone in the area, I made the pragmatic assertion that this was nothing urgent, undeserving of immediate action, but merely a matter of keeping an eye, ear and our noses out for activity while we're there. -he explained once Aurora was done talking. It needed to be said, but that didn't necessarily mean it was all true...

((Anyone feel like having a bit of a tussle with a rival pack or a wandering pair later on? laugh.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

Red

Red had been quietly waiting for the patrol to be gathered. She had allowed Aurora to gather the wolves up, many wouldn't of gone if she asked. She soon found herself in quite a big hunting patrol, and headed out of camp. She still remained silent, but she was thinking. Her gaze was mainly on Torbjorn. Torbjorn was a wolf who she couldn't work out. He seemed pretty neutral in the sides, leaning more towards her own side. She could see the look that Torbjorn gives to Ace whenever he passes the alpha.

Her attention snapped to Aurora who explained the current situation with the new scents. Red paused, closing her eyes in thought. They would still head towards that area to hunt, since the other patrol had gone the other way. If there was another wolf, it would be a lone one, or two at the most. A whole pack wouldn't intrude on another pack's territory.

"We should still go, food is our top priority right now. If there is any trespassers, we will deal with them. If it is with a hostile argument with them or a full on battle, it doesn't matter. But just as Torque said, be wary and be on the look out for any foreigners," Red had decided. "Anything else I missed?" Honestly Red just threw it to the group because she had said everything she wanted to say.

Red was deep in thought once she said those words, she was thinking about the intruders. Perhaps it was a chance for her to gain some trust from the other wolves, show them that she is a wolf to follow. To show her current brother's followers to see how weak he actually is compared to her. The pack needed a stronger leader, one that would keep the pack healthy and alive, thriving through the summers and winters and every season in between. A leader not like Ace.

"Okay, thanks," Hia said.  A couple moments of silence passed before Hia's mind drifted to her mate. "Hach's been a bit high strung lately," She commented absentmindedly. "We've been complete opposites of how we were before... I've been so easygoing and Hach's been all over the place."

Maxine, Subordinate

Max turned her attention back to Hia when she heard everything that she said regarding her and Hach being very different right now and she she said in reply, "Maybe he's just worried about you and once you've had your pups you'll be back to normal in your relationship. I don't know that for sure so don't take my word for it but maybe it'll still happen and you'll be surprised." After she said all that she did, she had her attention go back to the entrance of the cave when she thought she heard a hunting group coming back but it could have also been her imagination. Her hunger, though was not as her stomach growled. She sighed when she knew that she couldn't ignore that but she also knew that she had to wait.

Edited by redfox

Avion, Subordinate

Avion kept up with the hunting party at an average pace, his paw steps confident yet silent. His ears occasionally angled in different directions, his nose twitching often as he tried to catch the scent of prey or unwanted wolves. Avion then calmly listened to Aurora and Red discuss the problem of an apparent intruder. Personally, he wanted to find this wolf and teach him/her a lesson, as they had no reason to cross their well-marked borders. Oh boy, will Ace get a kick out of this. He goes all commando when intruders are found. Avion knew that Ace was a strong leader, relentless when it came to defending his pack, Avion had seen something like that happen before. The two had been in a hunting party when they found another patrol under attack. A lone wolf had killed a subordinate, and Ace had given that lone wolf no mercy...At the end of the fight, the Night Pack had felt victorious as they buried the body of the wolf Ace killed.

I agree that we should carry on, Ace made it very clear he wanted the pack to have a meal tonight. If we run across any intruders, we'll beat them until they go runn'in with their tail between their legs. We should report this to Ace as well, this wolf may not be alone. Avion piped up, his tone serious and slightly dark. He didn't like intruders, especially when they stole prey. The pack was starving as-is!

Ace, Alpha

Ace paced around back at camp, to and fro, ordering any wolves laying around or slacking to get to work. He was starting to lose his patience when it came to slackers, the pack was in great turmoil, why'll they simply sat there or didn't do their best. The strong Alpha eventually caught sights of Harmony leaving the subordinates' den. Ace approached her in swift, long strides, his fur bristling slightly in annoyance and frustration.

Harmony, I need you to go fishing. Right now, fish are the easiest things to get. Head out now. His tone was rather sharp, and he could see the surprise that lit up Harmony's eyes, and he quickly felt terrible. He flattened his ears slightly, giving the pretty wolf a frown. Ugh, I'm sorry for my sharp tone, but I'm currently dealing with some slackers. So if you could, please head out and go fishing. Ace murmured, this time in a softer tone. The young wolf gave a nod, and she raced out of the camp and headed for the stream. Ace sighed in relief, forcing his fur flat as he turned away from the subordinate's den. He needed to chill out, like go hunting or something. But if he left, there'd be no-one in charge of camp, and supervision was needed, especially with authority, and he had authority.

Blake, subordinate

The almost completely black wolf woke up and found out that others already went out for hunting. "Perfectly..." he mumbled. He didn't like staying at the cave when someone was hunting. Blake stretched and walked to exit. The scents were still fresh - that meant they couldn't be far. Knowing where the hunting area is the wolf ran in direction of where he at least thought the others are.

After about minute of running he joined the pack. Blake noticed they were discussing some sort of affair. Not caring about good manners, he made his way to the front. "How nice of you that anyone at least triedwaking me up...". Other wolves looked at him with some sort of surprise on their face. "Surprised I woke up? Hmph. Hey Red." A little smirk on face of the wolf appeared. "Anyway, what did I miss?"

Hia~

"Maybe. Thanks for your advice," Hia replied.

((Yay nothing for her to do.))

Kes~

Kestra and the boys had finally heaved the deer to the camp. Her silver pelt was dirty and had bits of red deer blood on it. "Hey, boss," she said, panting a bit. "We caught this guy here. We'll go out again if we need more."

Maxine, Subordinate

"You're welcome," Max said in reply with a smile before sighing a bit when she heard everything that Ace said and said after getting up from where she was next to Hia and with her smile fading, "I'm going to go with Harmony then since I was going to go patrolling anyway but since I thought that you went out hunting with another group I was going to wait until you came back to ask you." She then huffed since she was now in a bad mood and went over to where Harmony was. "Is it alright if I go with you? it'd be better if you were to go with someone than to be on your own. Safety in numbers and all that."

Edited by redfox

Ace, Alpha

Ace froze as he scented blood, his fur rising slightly until he noticed it was the scent of food. His fur immediately went flat, and his mouth began to water. He turned to see his Betas returning, and trotted over to them as he let out a happy sigh of relief. Ace's pack was in desperate need of a good meal. He dipped his head in greetings to his betas as he stopped in front of them, gratitude showing in his amber gaze. I thought someone was hurt when I scented blood, you had me there for a heartbeat. The pack thanks you for your hard work to catch us this mighty meal. When the other patrol returns, we shall feast! The alpha announced, a small smile on his face. He was happy to know that his pack would have at least a little something in their bellies. But, if fights broke out over the food, he'd be sure to interrupt/join the fight.

Harmony, Subordinate

Harmony turned to see Maxine, the red wolf's gaze calm despite Ace's sudden snap at her. The other wolf's tone didn't seem to friendly, and it made Harmony a little nervous, causing her to shift slightly. She was correct though, it was better to be safe than sorry. Um, yeah, I guess. Seeing that our betas just returned with a fine catch, we'll have to do this quick. The red wolf replied with a small nod, her tone remaining gentle and relaxed. She turned towards the exit, awaiting Maxine's ok to head out towards the river to begin their fishing. Harmony wasn't the biggest fan of cold water, that was for sure (she was also rather clumsy around it), but she did enjoy swimming when the water was actually warm.

Esko nodded. Yes Alpha Sir. He said, dipping his head down. He sat down and watched the things going on. What would Crimson return with? He didn't like reffering to her as Red, for it only went with her wishes. And she didn't deserve it. She didn't need satisfaction, or ego. In fact, she needed less of it. She needed to realize that it was her parent's wishes for Ace to be alpha. A leader often respected their relatives. At least he thought so. A leader had to be respectful to anybody but the enemy.

Kes~

The silvery wolf padded along next to her fellow Beta. "Oh, c'mon, Esko, lighten up!" Kestra said as she nudged the Dalmatian-patterned wolf. "We got a good catch, the Alpha's happy, Red's not bothering us, most of the pack'll eat well tonight, and if Red's group catches a good one too there might even be food left over!" She grinned at that thought.

Aurora

Obviously you needed to be more than just a good hunter to be a good leader. The look on Torque's face made Aurora feel eminently worse about how she'd handled the situation. If he was ripping her throat out in his head, she probably deserved it. How did I even end up in this situation? Wasn't Red supposed to be the one in charge of the hunt?

She listened to Red and Avion's responses and was glad to hear that they all agreed to continue hunting. To respond to the energetic wolf that just appeared, she said, "You haven't missed much. Just keep your ears and nose on alert because there may be trespassers where we're headed."

Hopefully there was also food where they were headed. At the thought of food, Aurora continued on her way. They needed to hurry up and get hunting or they weren't going to be back in time to call it breakfast.

Esko sighed. Yes, but tensions are rising. It worries me. This whole sibling rivalry our being alpha may just tear the pack apart. I am here to keep that from happening, and I hope you are too, but we are two wolves out of many. He pawed at the ground. He sighed again. Things have been getting worse. Ever since the death of the last two alphas, things have been hell. I hope Ace can fix these, but he is young and confused. It is my job to guide him, as well as your job, but if Crimson manages to overthrow him... He couldn't even finish the thought. He shook his head. I need to think about eating, not this.

Kes~

Kestra shook her head. "You see, that's where you're going wrong. In a time of calm, enjoy it, not constantly worry. Because these periods come rarely. You never know when it'll be your last day so live every moment to the fullest and get to where you want to be in life. And don't worry so much," she said, grinning, "Because if something happens, I'll be there, that's what friends are for!" She hopped a bit. She nudged him and smiled. "Hey, I'm gonna go check on Hia, so don't wait up, okay? I'll catch you in a bit." And with that, she padded off.

Edited by MyaMouse

If pa was the one that caught wind of this I'd have been on the floor with one paw bloodied and bite marks on my neck. -Torque thought, glancing own at one of his paws, still scarred after having done something similar and angered his father over a year ago, when they were still on their own. Not surprised by Red's tolerant behavior, Torque was well aware she was a subordinate, but had still gotten used to looking up to her for instruction, since his interaction with Ace primarily consisted of keeping his head down in his presence, and taking orders blindly and without question. Red on the other paw was different, she always seemed calm, cunning, almost as if she spent every moment of every day plotting something, pulling strings and making the right impressions. It was something he admired in her and looked up to in not just a leader, but a role model.

Though, something didn't quite feel right about this whole scenario. Torque had heard only quite expected and fleeting rumors of the possible struggle for control over the entire pack, and he suspected Red was the contender, but to what ends was she really ready to go to meet her goal? Were they really ready for this kind of rivalry? If anything, at least Red had shown she's not the type to jump at the chance to assert her dominance through physical violence... yet.

Well, it looked like Aurora was in a hurry to get this trip over with. And it made perfect sense, it wasn't exactly warm out, nor was it safe to stay in one spot for too long. While they moved, Torque couldn't put aside his overwhelming curiosity on the matter, and decided to go and exchange a few words with Red about it. He gave her but a glance for a few moments, but then immediately decided against it. It would be very untactful of him to discuss this in public, and if Red was as intelligent as Torque had always considered her to be, she wouldn't openly discuss this with someone who she'd barely exchanged no more then a paw-full of words.

No no no, stupid stupid stupid. -Torque averted his glance and looked at the ground, focusing back to the task at hand, being vigilant of bad company.

Edited by Brotato

Esko sighed. I suppose you are right. Maybe I am just stressed. After all, lately Beta work is a lot harder. He saw Kestra run off to see Hia. Esko wanted to as well, but he shouldn't be next to the female Beta all the time, right? She needed her space. It was better just walking around, he may check on Hia later. For now, just go. He got up and padded in no real direction. What would he do until he got food? His tummy roared. Maybe it would beat everybody else's grumbles. Nope. The Alpha must be the most hungry. After all, there is so much on his shoulders.

Maxine, Subordinate

"Alright and I'm sorry if I wasn't that friendly to you earlier when I asked if I could go with you. I was still a bit ticked off by what Ace said but I'm fine now," Max said in reply to what Harmony said in reply to her question as well as apologizing for not talking cry friendly to her. She then followed after her and then nodded to let her know that she was ready to go with her and that she could lead the way out of the cave and towards the river where they could go fishing and get even more food for their packmates. She hoped that while they were out there that thy wouldn't run into any trouble and get attacked.

Edited by redfox

Red

"Yes of course. As soon as we get back, I will report to Ace myself," Red said, her voice in a slight monotone as she snapped her thoughts away. Her mind was still clinging onto what she was thinking, but she was soon pulling her attention to what the pack was saying. When Blake appeared, she wasn't so surprised. She just watched him with a bored expression as he spoke. "Not at all, Blake. Glad you could join us," Red replied after Aurora updated him. She had a smirk on her maw as she said her words, her eyes narrowed in a sarcastic sweetness.

She paused, allowing her gaze to sweep through the patrol, her face returning to a look of thought. "I hope you are all ready now, we better get going. Remember, eyes open, ears pricked." With that, Red turned and took the front of the patrol. She began forwards, her steps soft as she padded through the ground which was thick with snow. The air nipped at her, the chilliness of winter was a reminder of the fight she had with Ace. The smell of the blood in the cold air and the taste of the metallic liquid in her jaws. The snow below the two wolves were stained pink with blood. Shaking her head, Red defiantly shooed away the images and thoughts of the fight. She was naïve back then. She just blindly wanted power from Ace. But now, Red was working out on what to do. She hadn't exactly figured out her plan, but with every passing day, she was closer. All she had to do what confirm with the wolves who were on her side.

After leading the patrol a bit, she had caught whiff of the most exciting thing ever; elk. It was a bit on the stale side, but it was the closest thing to prey that she had scented so far. She paused, turning back to the patrol. "Smell that? Elk." Red announced in a soft voice. Red turned around, her statue changing instantly. She was now in a half hunting crouch, her movements were swift and silent. She continued forward, but suddenly, her fur bristle, her lips drew back in a snarl and she froze.

She had scented the loner. Not only that, it was fresh. "The intruder is near." She warned the group.