20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay

Ace, Alpha

Ace dipped his head, looking pleased with his Betas as they worked together to organize a hunting party. Alright, thanks guys, we could all use some more food in our bellies, your hard work shall not be in vain. The alpha calmly barked, his amber gaze soft and full of exhaustion. The male reminded himself not to seem weak, so he shook his head to remove his tiredness and straighten his shoulders to look more assertive. With a curt nod, Ace bid his betas and their friends/family farewell, making his way across the cave to check up on other wolves. He let out a small yawn while walking, his tail low and bouncing off the heels of his long, muscular legs. Before the alpha could make it very far, he was playfully bowled over by a good friend, a smirk visible on the subordinate's face. His tail wagging slightly, Ace rolled, pushing his friend off with his forepaws before lying on his side with a small smirk.

Avion, Suborinate

Avion had been sleeping the day away, his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth and picking up dirt. He woke to the sound of his friend's voice, asking some wolves to go hunting. With a soft moan followed by a large yawn, Avion rose to his large paws and shook dust from his pelt, spatting out the dirt that had clung to his tongue. The mud-colored goofball lowered himself to the ground, flattening his ears against his skull as he spotted Ace making his way over to Avion. The subordinate snickered quietly, waiting with his body tensed. Once his friend was in-range, Avion sprang at him, pushing the alpha onto the ground and pinning him. Morning! Avion barked in a loud voice, smirking as he gazed down at the surprised Ace. Avion was gently pushed off by his friend, the alpha remaining on his side and smirking up at Avion. The mud-colored wolf playfully and innocently wagged his tail, watching Ace eventually rise to his massive, blocky paws. Well, you looked surprised, Mr. Alpha. Avion woofed with another smirk, Ace giving his friend a small nip on the ear.

Well, you big loaf, I was relaxed and simply not expecting an attack in my cave. If you were an enemy, I'd have my wolves pounding you right now. The alpha called over his shoulder, his amber gaze revealing the feelings of a happy frieindship. Avion watched his friend march off before shaking dirt from his dark pelt, stretching out his cramped legs. He gazed around for more of his friends for a nice morning talk, but he only saw the betas organizing a hunting party, and that didn't catch his interest.

Red ((dont be confused, Red is Crimson, only she likes the name Red over Crimson, almost like her formal name is Crimson. So call her Red))

Red was still sore. Yes, she had challenged her brother weeks ago, but her paws still ached as she remembered him hitting them to knock her to the ground. She pelt had scars, most had healed but one scar was evident along her tail, a patch of hair gone as the pink scar showed. She remembered the sound of her body hitting the group, as she lay defeated, and Ace was the alpha. She deserved to be it, why her parents chose him over her, she didn't know.

She stood up and yawned, before leaving the den. She didn't even acknowledge the other wolves with her and padded to the clearing. She heard the orders of hunting patrols being sent out, and she padded towards Esko. "Could I lead another hunting patrol? More chance of prey, and more wolves fed." Red asked curtly, her eyes gazing around the camp quickly, only to pause for few heartbeats to stare at her brother. Red's attention snapped back to Esko for his answer.

Edited by Tiga

Esko, Beta Male

Esko yawned, but stopped when Red padded over to him. Seriously? Begging to lead AGAIN?! The Beta sighed. I thought the Alpha did that. Which you are not. Ask him, but I am sure he will say no. Esko kept his deadpan tone on while speaking. When would Red just give up this nonsense? Ace was Alpha, and that was that. Why did she keep trying? He sighed. Now, if you want to tag along, feel free. and with that, Esko walked over to Kestra. How is Hia doing?

((I feel so important :3))

Aurora, subordinate

Aurora was awakened by the sound of playful tackling in the den. Rolling over and opening her eyes revealed Avion and Ace playing around again. Aurora smiled to herself.It must be nice to have a connection like that. Once Ace left, she noticed that a group of wolves in the clearing were already organizing a hunting party. Oh how she itched to go with them, but there were already quite a few of them in the party and she had already gone on the last few hunting trips. Perhaps she should stay here for today, she can always go hunting next time. She got on all fours and stretched her limbs.

Noticing that Avion wasn't making a move towards the hunting party, she padded up to him. "Are you not going out hunting today?"

Edited by Saralaya

((I.. I... I Feel like I'm gonna throw up. Ugh...))

Kes~

"Do you want food or not? Esko, I swear... Go on, Crimson, just don't get in trouble." ((I kinda want Red to run into the lone wolf anyhow.)) Kestra inhaled deeply. "She said another hunting patrol. Not ours. Besides, I'm the leader of this patrol," Kes reminded him. "And on the topic of my sister, she's doing well, although I think she's getting a bit sick."

Avion, Subordinate

The mud-colored wolf shook his head, watching Ace saunter off with an amused look. Avion then turned to Aurora, hearing his fellow subordinate approaching. Was she going to tell him to go hunting? When he heard her question, he sighed in relief deep down before straightening up. Aurora had probably seen him playing with Ace, which would embarrass the alpha if word got around of his humorous and laid-back side. No, at least not yet, I'm not a morning-hunter. Avion let out a yawn after speaking, shaking his pelt to wake himself up. Whenever he hunted in the morning, leftover tiredness often overcame him, causing him to be clumsy and miss just about everything that wandered in his reach. Are you going? The subordinate asked, his gaze dull from his recent slumber.

Ace, Alpha

Ace flattened his ears as he quickened his pace, walking away from his friend. His fur was hot with embarrassment, as some wolves did see him play with his good friend Avion. C'mon Ace, cut it out, you're alpha now, not a pup! The alpha told himself, his shoulders slumping as he sighed softly. Ace eventually turned, his pace slow as he walked near the Nursery. I should check up on the mothers and pups, we don't want them going hungry. Ace peered inside, pleased to find the families sleeping happily, snuggled up with each other for warmth. Once he decided that they were fine, Ace backed away, deciding to check up on the Omegas. If they happened to be stealing food, they would most certainly be punished, but he doubted that thought. Ace's claws clacked against the cold stone ground as he made his way over to the sleeping Omegas. They didn't seem to be doing anything bad, so he let out a sigh of relief, continuing his walk around his camp.

Aurora

Aurora laughed a little at Avion's morning-hunter comment. "I can see that," she said with a smile, commenting on the tired look on his face. "Anyway, I don't think I'll be going out hunting today unless I'm asked to." Gazing into the clearing, she could see that there was another argument going on with Red again. "Plus, I don't want to get in the middle of Red and Esko. He does not look happy this morning."

Aurora thought that Red should probably back off a little and let Ace take charge of the pack since he's the alpha. However, she wished Esko would be a little nicer to her. We all have to live together, so why not keep the peace? Aurora didn't see anything wrong with her taking responsibility and leading a hunting party every now and then. Plus, the more chances she had of actually eating that morning the happier she was.

((Posting them together since they'll be interacting a lot))

Ace, Alpha, & Avion, Subordinate

Ace's stomach let out a hungry growl once more, making him flinch slightly. He was starting to get the itch for hunting, but tried to block out the sensation, flattening his ears and lowering his head. But he couldn't help it, he wanted to hunt, he and his pack needed food! But if his Betas left and he left, there would be no-one in charge of his camp. The alpha let out a soft sigh before padding over to Avion once more, wagging his tail in a friendly greeting. He needed more wolves to hunt, so Avion would have to go, regardless of his protests and excuses. Avion, I need you to go hunting with my Betas. We can't risk coming back empty-handed, so they need all the wolves they can get. Ace ordered in a soft tone, his head low. Avion frowned and groaned for a moment, gazing into his alpha's eyes. Ace didn't flinch, no, he didn't even move, so Avion knew his friend was serious and wanted him hunting.

...Fine, I'll go... Avion replied with a heavy sigh, flattening his ears bitterly. Why would Ace force him along if all he would do is mess up? Again, morning hunting was certainly not his thing, but his alpha's wish was his command. Do I bring someone with me? Avion asked his good friend, but Ace simply shrugged before walking away, his claws clacking against the cold stone ground.

Aurora

"So much for not going hunting yet, huh?" Aurora said to the exasperated looking wolf. "Since Ace said he wanted as many wolves hunting as possible, I guess I should head out too." Aurora felt a bit bad for Avion for having to go out when he didn't want to, but no one ever said life was fair, right? Then again she didn't like seeing Avion upset, so she wanted to think of something that might make him a bit happier. Perhaps when they were finished hunting, Aurora could let him have some of her share of the food, too. For now, she decided it would probably be best to leave him alone.

Aurora was excited to go hunting, but she really did hope that Esko and Red weren't going to be fighting the whole time. Hunting with a tense atmosphere always made her nervous. She made her way out to the clearing and went straight to Kestra. "You're the one leading this hunt, right? Would you mind if I came along, too?"

Edited by Saralaya

Esko, Beta Male

Esko sighed. Here it goes again. Well, you are right about that. Maybe I am just slow to wake up today. The wolf yawned and pawed at the ground. Pretty frozen. Then again, how easy is it to trust her after her 'brave face off' with the Alpha? I sure can't. and indeed he couldn't. He wasn't defending anybody, just stating facts. It really was hard to trust her. She fought her brother with hunger to lead. The Beta sighed again. Off of that topic, shall we go?

Kestra~

"Hiya, Aurora! Yeah, you can come. We'll need anyone we can get, really. Although Red's leading another patrol if you want to join 'er," Kestra said in response to Aurora, then turned back to Esko. "I think Avion's coming with us, then we can go," the gray wolf said. She knew what he meant. "And even though Ace is doing well now he's still naive. He may be a born leader but this winter'll be the roughest out of all and I'm afraid he won't be able to get us through it." In the last part she was partially referring to Hiera, although she did care for the entire pack.

Hachi~

The white wolf sprinted back to the hunting patrol after saying goodbye to his mate. He stopped by his sister-in-law just as she started talking about Ace. "Mmm. I understand but I have faith in him. Now will someone get Avion so we can go?!"

Aurora

Aurora was relieved at the news that Esko and Red wouldn't be hunting together, but at least he seemed to have cooled down. "If Red doesn't have anyone to go hunting with her yet, then I'll go with her." She said to Kestra. Walking up to Red she said, "that is, if you don't mind." She smiled to Red to show that she had no intention of picking a fight with her. Aurora actually liked Red, so she had no problems hunting with her. Although, she wondered how well Red would be able to hunt with all her injuries from her fight with Ace. It might be dangerous for their hunting party if they were to encounter a threat and have Red not be able to defend herself. Still, the more wolves that go hunting, the more chance that they'll come back with food enough for everyone.

((Oh damn, this was approved while I was feverstricken. Damn, I missed out. Can anyone provide me with a fast update on current in-RP events, and a place to re-enter?))

((There isn't much going on, a few patrols leaving. Just join in wherever you can.))

Red

Her head snapped towards Esko and Kestra. "Guess that's a yes," she grumbled, her eyes blinking before turning to see the wolf who was talking to her. Her ears perked up and she pawed at the earth slightly, without taking her gaze away from Aurora. "Sure. That's fine. One or two more wolves can join before we can go," Red nodded.

She was slightly surprised that Aurora was one of the wolves to talk to her. Many would just stare at her while she waited for a wolf to join her patrol. Maybe getting Aurora to join would get more wolves to go on her patrol. Red wasn't going to make this hunt hostile, unless of course, one brings up the topic.

Edited by Tiga

Aurora

"Sounds good!" Aurora said in reply to Red. Getting wolves to volunteer to hunt under Red's lead might be a little difficult, but they needed other wolves to make a sufficient hunting party. Aurora knew that since Avion was good friends with Ace that he probably wouldn't want to go hunting with Red, but she figured she should ask anyway. Aurora sauntered back over to the subordinate's den where Avion was still relaxing.

"Do you think you could come hunting with Red and me? We still need a couple more wolves to go." To Aurora's amazement Avion simply nodded a sleepy nod. She turned and started back toward Red with Avion right behind her. Great, she thought, now all we need is someone else to volunteer and we're good to go.

((Avion's going with Red... Against his wishes...))

Hachi~

The snow-white wolf chased after the stag, snarling. He and the Betas left without Avion a short while ago, leaving the poor subordinate with Red. He snapped at the deer's hind leg, piercing the flesh but was shook off quickly. He tasted the dripping blood and that filled him with an ever greater lust to catch it. He sped up as the stag ran faster, but it turned quickly, too fast for Hachi, and the white wolf crashed into a tree. "No time for rest, silly goose!" Kestra said as she ran past the dazed wolf. He shook his head. "Um, ow?!"

Hiera~

The gray wolf sat in the mother's den, watching as a pup ran around with his littermates, the mother watching from by the wall. Hia smiled and wondered if that was what her pups would be like.

Even with the loss of our brother, the loss of our leaders, my family has always thrived. I'm almost a mother, I've got a wonderful mate, Kes is a Beta, and Hachi's doing pretty well for a subordinate. We're too lucky, I'm afraid something bad is going to happen...

((Short post is more or less short. Murr.))

((eep sorry! i forgot, not used to having different threads for things uvu))

Edited by oddinomaly

((Erm, it says in the rules to post them in the OOC.))

Esko, Beta Male

Esko sighed. This was gonna be fun. He was currently snapping after the deer. They needed that deer, especially in this time. He saw Hachi snap at the stag, but getting shaken off. Esko ran forwards. You throw him off? Well, breakfast, Lemme have a taste! and with that, the Beta pounced. He managed to bite some more, but the deer threw him off. Arg! Damn, that must be a strong one! He pounced again, but missed exept for scraping the deer with his claws.

Aurora

Aurora was getting impatient. Very impatient. The only subordinates left available to hunt were all sleeping still! She didn't like the idea of waking a sleeping wolf, but she knew she didn't have much of a choice. Aurora padded back over to the subordinate's den and took a look around. Who would be best to wake up and take hunting? That's when she saw Torbjorn asleep in the far corner. Thinking that he was competent and most likely wouldn't argue about hunting with Red, she went over to him and nudged him with her paw a few times. Believing she had woken him up she went to speak, but then remembered that all the times she had interacted with him, he had always given off an unimpressed aura. What if Tor gets seriously mad at me because I woke him up?

Now Aurora was a bit nervous and her question didn't come out as confident as she had hoped it would. "Uh.. hey Tor.... Would you, uh, be able to come hunting with Red, Avion, and Me? We need another wolf."

((I don't see Navy reserved as a color in the OP so can you mark Torque's color down as Navy?))

Minding his own business, quietly observing the mild commotion outside, Torque couldn't help but grin and shake his head in disapproval at the pack's difficulty of assembling a proper hunting party. He was no authority figure, nor did he have experience as one, but anyone knew that a lazy pack isn't far from becoming a hungry one.

He'd already contributed to the food stocks with various small gain like rabbits and other rodents worth a single meal each, but then such small contributions often went overlooked. In between wandering around with nothing to do with no one to keep him company but himself and going out hunting bigger prey with the assembling groups, he decided against wasting his day and walked into the den where Aurora had gone to look for more, just in time to hear her trying to wake someone else to fill an empty spot in a hunting party.

He crept up to her and gently nudged her to get her attention.

If you need more. I'd like to go. -he offered quietly.

((Excuse my late entry, I was quite ill and haven't replied to ANY of the RPs I was in for that period of time. Hope it's okay to rejoin now. ^^ ))

Edited by Brotato

((Yep, will do!))

Avion, Subordinate

Avion stretched slightly as he rose to his paws, studying Aurora as he patiently awaited her ok to leave. The mud-colored wolf let out another small yawn, blinking his eyes sleepily as he attempted to wake himself up. He shifted his gave to Torque, hearing the other subordinate ask to join in the hunt. Avion gave the other male a small smile before responding, I'm down with you joining in, the more the merrier! Just wait for Aurora or Red's ok though. He sounded a bit more awake, starting to shift slightly on his massive paws, his ears pricked and tail held a bit higher than normal. Though it was an early hunt, he was going with wolves that he considered friends, which always made activities fun. Besides, that meant if they caught anything, his belly would be full, which was always a plus.

((I know, short, but I have a lot on my plate right now...Expect more later on, but Saturday is a maybe, since I have an early soccer thing.))

TORBJORN

The dark cinnamon-and-gray wolf raised his head immediately as he was addressed, half expecting to see Red. In her place stood Aurora, gazing at him expectantly. He watched her silently, his eyes gleaming in the darkness, before nodding and getting to his feet. The air outside the den was crisp with morning chill. His breath misted whenever he exhaled, and for a moment he wondered if the weather was going to change. His gaze swept the camp, finally settling on Ace. The current alpha was far too friendly for Torbjorn. It disgusted him, though he didn't know why. His sister was far more suitable for the role; cold and bitter, and skeptical of things such as destiny.

What a fragile idea to place one's leadership upon, he thought, shaking himself. He kept close to Aurora's hunting party, never placing himself in the middle but rather lurking on the fringes. Tor's cold amber eyes only softened at the sight of Red. He liked her. That was...significant.

Edited by oddinomaly

Maxine, Subordinate

Max woke up the next morning, stretching a bit. She would have gone to the meat pile to get some food to eat for breakfast but she wasn't sure if Ace had eaten yet. She did see, though that a few wolves were going out to hunt and would have asked if she could join but she figured that she'd go later or go if someone offered to go with her. She was more of a patrol-type wolf but did often go on hunting parties when she was invited to go. She got up and stretched a bit more before moving around and heading over to where the elders were to see if they needed help with anything (if there are any; if not, I'll edit that part out). Some of them were a bit too old to do things on their own and she sometimes helped them out if they needed it and if she wasn't out on a solo patrol or with a hunting party.

Aurora

Aurora was extremely relieved when Tor said yes, and was even more relieved when Torque offered to go. "You can absolutely come with us, Torque!" She said with possibly a bit too much enthusiasm.

Aurora walked back over to where Red was in the clearing and said, "we have enough wolves to go hunting now." All out of patience, Aurora didn't even bother to wait for Red's okay and simply started walking towards their soon-to-be breakfast. She highly doubted Red would complain about their company anyway. Aurora had a good feeling about this hunting trip, and she hoped to come back with enough food for everyone.

((Shall we meet the Lone Wolf or (as I had hoped) should Red's group?

Hia's gonna go dormant for a bit until she either gives birth or someone interacts with her.))

Hachi~

The snow-white wolf snapped out of his trance and fell into a more blood-frenzied one, racing after the deer. He raced closer, jumped and caught the buck's back, hanging tightly. He bit deeply into it, hanging on although his fangs ached as that was the only thing keeping him on the buck. He jumped off as Kestra bit it's leg, knocking it to the ground. He panted hard, blood dripping off his ((Hahaha)) canines. He turned to Esko, grinning. "You can finish it if you'd like," he said in-between breaths.